In my quest to find to the perfect Warm + Sweet IEM, these are the four contenders. I am an audiophile newbie so any help on deciding the victor is appreciated. I listen to all genres of music but probably Hip/Hop Rap the least and Hard Rock + Folk/Singer Songwriter the most. I will also be mainly using these with an iPhone/iPad.
- productBrainwavz M3tagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/11/11
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 8/11/11
- productMEElectronics A151-BK Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- productMEElectronics Clarity Series CC51-BK Ceramic In-Ear Headphone for iPod, iPhone, MP3/CD/DVD Players (Black)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productSw-Xcapetagged by System, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- [REVIEW] MEElectronics CX21, CW31, CC51 and A151 Last post on 12/5/11 at 3:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-ear buds, Bang for Buck Last post on 3/31/11 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sunrise SW-Xcape or MEElectronics A151? Last post on 5/18/11 at 7:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Suggestion] Need Balanced Armature Earphones(IEMs) (abt $100) Last post on 1/8/12 at 9:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can I get some help buying a pair of IEMs? Last post on 1/9/12 at 4:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Sunrise Xcape Impressive Edition VS. MEElectronics CC51 VS. MEElectronics A151 VS. Brainwavz M3
Poll Results: The Winner?
38% (7)Sunrise Xcape Impressive Edition
33% (6)MEElectronics CC51
22% (4)MEElectronics A151
5% (1)Brainwavz M3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I haven't heard the others, though Meelectronics is sending me a pair of CC51 to review, but the A151 are definitely satisfying in every way to me.
I just got the M3 and had the M2. Overall they're slightly more refined, and I like the design more, as the strain relief on the drivers came off the M2s and could be annoying. Bass impact and depth is very good. I was expecting these to be more polite than the M2s but so far (I just got them so they're not broken in yet) they're actually quite punchy in the low end, and very smooth in the mids and treble.
I think you should really consider the Woodees Vintage Stereo Earphones. I loved my A151 until I got these. They have an unbelievably natural sound with a warm presentation and surprisingly good soundstage for an IEM.
- Sunrise Xcape Impressive Edition VS. MEElectronics CC51 VS. MEElectronics A151 VS. Brainwavz M3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Best Closed Headphones for Under $300? 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Decrapifier released - USB power isolator 4 minutes ago
- › ### Amp/Dac under $400 ### 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD 2 - rev.2 - Rosewood headphones 7 minutes ago
- › A long time(2010) Denon D5000 owner needs advice/direction on new... 8 minutes ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 9 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)