In my quest to find to the perfect Warm + Sweet IEM, these are the four contenders. I am an audiophile newbie so any help on deciding the victor is appreciated. I listen to all genres of music but probably Hip/Hop Rap the least and Hard Rock + Folk/Singer Songwriter the most. I will also be mainly using these with an iPhone/iPad.
- productBrainwavz M3tagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/11/11
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 8/11/11
- productMEElectronics A151-BK Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- productMEElectronics Clarity Series CC51-BK Ceramic In-Ear Headphone for iPod, iPhone, MP3/CD/DVD Players (Black)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productSw-Xcapetagged by System, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- [REVIEW] MEElectronics CX21, CW31, CC51 and A151 Last post on 12/5/11 at 3:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-ear buds, Bang for Buck Last post on 3/31/11 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sunrise SW-Xcape or MEElectronics A151? Last post on 5/18/11 at 7:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Suggestion] Need Balanced Armature Earphones(IEMs) (abt $100) Last post on 1/8/12 at 9:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can I get some help buying a pair of IEMs? Last post on 1/9/12 at 4:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Sunrise Xcape Impressive Edition VS. MEElectronics CC51 VS. MEElectronics A151 VS. Brainwavz M3
Poll Results: The Winner?
38% (7)Sunrise Xcape Impressive Edition
33% (6)MEElectronics CC51
22% (4)MEElectronics A151
5% (1)Brainwavz M3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I haven't heard the others, though Meelectronics is sending me a pair of CC51 to review, but the A151 are definitely satisfying in every way to me.
I just got the M3 and had the M2. Overall they're slightly more refined, and I like the design more, as the strain relief on the drivers came off the M2s and could be annoying. Bass impact and depth is very good. I was expecting these to be more polite than the M2s but so far (I just got them so they're not broken in yet) they're actually quite punchy in the low end, and very smooth in the mids and treble.
I think you should really consider the Woodees Vintage Stereo Earphones. I loved my A151 until I got these. They have an unbelievably natural sound with a warm presentation and surprisingly good soundstage for an IEM.
- Sunrise Xcape Impressive Edition VS. MEElectronics CC51 VS. MEElectronics A151 VS. Brainwavz M3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › pupDAC Step-by-Step Build Thread 1 second ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 seconds ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 1 minute ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 6 minutes ago
- › New Sennheiser Momentum In ear 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 7 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP30, anyone? 9 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 12 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)