In my quest to find to the perfect Warm + Sweet IEM, these are the four contenders. I am an audiophile newbie so any help on deciding the victor is appreciated. I listen to all genres of music but probably Hip/Hop Rap the least and Hard Rock + Folk/Singer Songwriter the most. I will also be mainly using these with an iPhone/iPad.
- productBrainwavz M3tagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/11/11
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 8/11/11
- productMEElectronics A151-BK Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- productMEElectronics Clarity Series CC51-BK Ceramic In-Ear Headphone for iPod, iPhone, MP3/CD/DVD Players (Black)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productSw-Xcapetagged by System, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- [REVIEW] MEElectronics CX21, CW31, CC51 and A151 Last post on 12/5/11 at 3:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-ear buds, Bang for Buck Last post on 3/31/11 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sunrise SW-Xcape or MEElectronics A151? Last post on 5/18/11 at 7:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Suggestion] Need Balanced Armature Earphones(IEMs) (abt $100) Last post on 1/8/12 at 9:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can I get some help buying a pair of IEMs? Last post on 1/9/12 at 4:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Headphone Buying Guide
Last edited: 5/16/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
Sunrise Xcape Impressive Edition VS. MEElectronics CC51 VS. MEElectronics A151 VS. Brainwavz M3
Poll Results: The Winner?
18 Total Votes
38% (7)Sunrise Xcape Impressive Edition
33% (6)MEElectronics CC51
22% (4)MEElectronics A151
5% (1)Brainwavz M3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 48/10/11 at 8:12pm
I haven't heard the others, though Meelectronics is sending me a pair of CC51 to review, but the A151 are definitely satisfying in every way to me.post #3 of 48/11/11 at 4:21pm
I just got the M3 and had the M2. Overall they're slightly more refined, and I like the design more, as the strain relief on the drivers came off the M2s and could be annoying. Bass impact and depth is very good. I was expecting these to be more polite than the M2s but so far (I just got them so they're not broken in yet) they're actually quite punchy in the low end, and very smooth in the mids and treble.post #4 of 48/11/11 at 7:11pm
I think you should really consider the Woodees Vintage Stereo Earphones. I loved my A151 until I got these. They have an unbelievably natural sound with a warm presentation and surprisingly good soundstage for an IEM.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sunrise Xcape Impressive Edition VS. MEElectronics CC51 VS. MEElectronics A151 VS. Brainwavz M3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 11 seconds ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Sunday, August 30, 2015) - part of CanMania @... 12 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 34 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Great news for rooted android users--Viper4Android 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze Robbed of LCD Series Headphones 7 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2