In my quest to find to the perfect Warm + Sweet IEM, these are the four contenders. I am an audiophile newbie so any help on deciding the victor is appreciated. I listen to all genres of music but probably Hip/Hop Rap the least and Hard Rock + Folk/Singer Songwriter the most. I will also be mainly using these with an iPhone/iPad.
- productBrainwavz M3tagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/11/11
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 8/11/11
- productMEElectronics A151-BK Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- productMEElectronics Clarity Series CC51-BK Ceramic In-Ear Headphone for iPod, iPhone, MP3/CD/DVD Players (Black)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productSw-Xcapetagged by System, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- [REVIEW] MEElectronics CX21, CW31, CC51 and A151 Last post on 12/5/11 at 3:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-ear buds, Bang for Buck Last post on 3/31/11 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sunrise SW-Xcape or MEElectronics A151? Last post on 5/18/11 at 7:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Suggestion] Need Balanced Armature Earphones(IEMs) (abt $100) Last post on 1/8/12 at 9:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can I get some help buying a pair of IEMs? Last post on 1/9/12 at 4:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Headphone Buying Guide
Last edited: 5/16/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Intro:- This is my first earphone from DUNU-topsound, one of the most talked about Chinese earphone brand with some high performing earphones like DN-1000 and Dn-2000 decided to up the...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
Sunrise Xcape Impressive Edition VS. MEElectronics CC51 VS. MEElectronics A151 VS. Brainwavz M3
Poll Results: The Winner?
18 Total Votes
38% (7)Sunrise Xcape Impressive Edition
33% (6)MEElectronics CC51
22% (4)MEElectronics A151
5% (1)Brainwavz M3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 48/10/11 at 8:12pm
I haven't heard the others, though Meelectronics is sending me a pair of CC51 to review, but the A151 are definitely satisfying in every way to me.post #3 of 48/11/11 at 4:21pm
I just got the M3 and had the M2. Overall they're slightly more refined, and I like the design more, as the strain relief on the drivers came off the M2s and could be annoying. Bass impact and depth is very good. I was expecting these to be more polite than the M2s but so far (I just got them so they're not broken in yet) they're actually quite punchy in the low end, and very smooth in the mids and treble.post #4 of 48/11/11 at 7:11pm
I think you should really consider the Woodees Vintage Stereo Earphones. I loved my A151 until I got these. They have an unbelievably natural sound with a warm presentation and surprisingly good soundstage for an IEM.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sunrise Xcape Impressive Edition VS. MEElectronics CC51 VS. MEElectronics A151 VS. Brainwavz M3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 39 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed! iCLUB members - V4.08 BETA firmware... 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 3 minutes ago
- › Explain your avatar 3 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2