In my quest to find to the perfect Warm + Sweet IEM, these are the four contenders. I am an audiophile newbie so any help on deciding the victor is appreciated. I listen to all genres of music but probably Hip/Hop Rap the least and Hard Rock + Folk/Singer Songwriter the most. I will also be mainly using these with an iPhone/iPad.
- productBrainwavz M3tagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/11/11
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 8/11/11
- productMEElectronics A151-BK Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- productMEElectronics Clarity Series CC51-BK Ceramic In-Ear Headphone for iPod, iPhone, MP3/CD/DVD Players (Black)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productSw-Xcapetagged by System, 8/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- [REVIEW] MEElectronics CX21, CW31, CC51 and A151 Last post on 12/5/11 at 3:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-ear buds, Bang for Buck Last post on 3/31/11 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sunrise SW-Xcape or MEElectronics A151? Last post on 5/18/11 at 7:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Suggestion] Need Balanced Armature Earphones(IEMs) (abt $100) Last post on 1/8/12 at 9:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can I get some help buying a pair of IEMs? Last post on 1/9/12 at 4:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Sunrise Xcape Impressive Edition VS. MEElectronics CC51 VS. MEElectronics A151 VS. Brainwavz M3
Poll Results: The Winner?
38% (7)Sunrise Xcape Impressive Edition
33% (6)MEElectronics CC51
22% (4)MEElectronics A151
5% (1)Brainwavz M3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I haven't heard the others, though Meelectronics is sending me a pair of CC51 to review, but the A151 are definitely satisfying in every way to me.
I just got the M3 and had the M2. Overall they're slightly more refined, and I like the design more, as the strain relief on the drivers came off the M2s and could be annoying. Bass impact and depth is very good. I was expecting these to be more polite than the M2s but so far (I just got them so they're not broken in yet) they're actually quite punchy in the low end, and very smooth in the mids and treble.
I think you should really consider the Woodees Vintage Stereo Earphones. I loved my A151 until I got these. They have an unbelievably natural sound with a warm presentation and surprisingly good soundstage for an IEM.
- Sunrise Xcape Impressive Edition VS. MEElectronics CC51 VS. MEElectronics A151 VS. Brainwavz M3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 2 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 20 seconds ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread,... 33 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 35 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 36 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 53 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 1 minute ago
- › Best noise isolating AND cancelling headphones? 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob