- 65 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/12/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/12/11
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 8/12/11
- productShure SRH240 Professional Quality Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/12/11
- productSony MDR-V700DJ DJ-Style Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/12/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/12/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/12/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 8/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New to headphones, looking to move away from my Bose ( Need more bass ) Last post on 10/16/11 at 5:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ~$100 Headphones for Metal, Dubstep, and Gaming? Last post on 8/9/11 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones under $100 Last post on 5/19/11 at 9:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Ath m50? Last post on 9/27/12 at 11:53am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
I have been searching best headphone(for me not for everyone I'm sorry) last half year. Now I found Sennheiser HD600/650 is one of best headphone for classical music and for me. I bought around...
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
Need help!!!!!!post #1 of 138/10/11 at 3:04pmThread StarterI'm looking for over the ear headphones with huge bass!!! Doesn't have to compare to the Sony xb series but I don't want those they r waaay to big! They have to be comfortable and don't leak sound and under $85 thank for the help
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 138/10/11 at 3:12pmpost #3 of 138/10/11 at 3:13pmQuote:
Your price tag puts you right on the XB700/500. The XB500 is not as big. And it's $50 shipped.
They're not that big. The internet lies often. Look for yourself:
Those are XB500's. The XB700's are bigger. They are the ones that get silly. I find the XB500's to be the same size as all my full size headphone cups basically, so they don't look silly all.
Seriously. $50. Cheaper if you buy them on Headphones.com and use the Headfi 15% discount. Ships free. Use an EQ to bring up mids/highs and you can't beat the headphone for the money for bass specifically, and it really does do other genres really well when EQ'd. I EQ'd mine recently to see if the headphone could do acoustic/female vocals without sounding like being in a barrel, and it was amazing how well the mids/highs come out without distortion with just a little EQ tweaking. Made it sound like a different headphone and allowed it to do more than just bass.
Edited by MalVeauX - 8/10/11 at 3:15pmpost #4 of 138/10/11 at 3:28pmThread Starterpost #5 of 138/10/11 at 3:47pmQuote:
None of them come close to XB500's bass.
The HD280 Pro out of that list you just made would be a decent headphone, with some bass (due to isolation), but it's not a bass monster at all. Plus it clamps like a death grip so it's not that comfortable.
Increase your budget some and look at the Ultrasone HFI 580.
Very best,post #6 of 138/10/11 at 3:53pmThread Starterpost #7 of 138/10/11 at 3:58pm
I think theyre on sale usu around $150
post #8 of 138/10/11 at 4:22pmThread Starterpost #9 of 138/10/11 at 4:26pmpost #10 of 138/10/11 at 4:31pmThread StarterWell I live in Phoenix Arizona and if I get those Whn Im outside with them on my ears will get extremely hot!!!! So I just need some over the ear bass headphones other than the Sony xb series under 85 bucks that don't leakpost #11 of 138/10/11 at 4:39pmpost #12 of 138/10/11 at 5:19pmThread Starterpost #13 of 138/10/11 at 8:51pmQuote:
All over ears are going to get super hot in Phoenix, regardless of size, shape and material.
Look at the Sony ZX700 as an alternative. It compares to the M50 for half the cost basically.
- Need help!!!!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 23 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-R10 on Sony.com 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware 4 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2