- 65 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/12/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/12/11
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 8/12/11
- productShure SRH240 Professional Quality Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/12/11
- productSony MDR-V700DJ DJ-Style Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/12/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/12/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/12/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 8/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New to headphones, looking to move away from my Bose ( Need more bass ) Last post on 10/16/11 at 5:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ~$100 Headphones for Metal, Dubstep, and Gaming? Last post on 8/9/11 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones under $100 Last post on 5/19/11 at 9:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Ath m50? Last post on 9/27/12 at 11:53am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Suprisingly, this cheap in ear jlab sounded good enough for me to come here and get into better sound.
Ah, the WA7 "Fireflies" from Woo Audio. As stunning to behold as it is to hear! This is my first piece of amp/DAC kit that retails for over $1k and well, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I think...
Many thanks to Venture Electronics for the VE Monk review sample! Product website: http://eng.52ve.cn/product.php?cm_id=205 I haven't been using earbud for quite a long time since my...
INTRODUCTION: The Havit H91DJ is a budget over-ear headphone with a warm signature. Sound quality is very impressive considering the low cost. The value of these headphones is quite high,...
Intro: SoundFoundations, is a company which manufactures accessories like racks, stands, and vibration control & custom cables. It is based in India. SoundFoundations is known in India for...
Need help!!!!!!post #1 of 138/10/11 at 3:04pmThread StarterI'm looking for over the ear headphones with huge bass!!! Doesn't have to compare to the Sony xb series but I don't want those they r waaay to big! They have to be comfortable and don't leak sound and under $85 thank for the help
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 138/10/11 at 3:12pmpost #3 of 138/10/11 at 3:13pmQuote:
Your price tag puts you right on the XB700/500. The XB500 is not as big. And it's $50 shipped.
They're not that big. The internet lies often. Look for yourself:
Those are XB500's. The XB700's are bigger. They are the ones that get silly. I find the XB500's to be the same size as all my full size headphone cups basically, so they don't look silly all.
Seriously. $50. Cheaper if you buy them on Headphones.com and use the Headfi 15% discount. Ships free. Use an EQ to bring up mids/highs and you can't beat the headphone for the money for bass specifically, and it really does do other genres really well when EQ'd. I EQ'd mine recently to see if the headphone could do acoustic/female vocals without sounding like being in a barrel, and it was amazing how well the mids/highs come out without distortion with just a little EQ tweaking. Made it sound like a different headphone and allowed it to do more than just bass.
Edited by MalVeauX - 8/10/11 at 3:15pmpost #4 of 138/10/11 at 3:28pmThread Starterpost #5 of 138/10/11 at 3:47pmQuote:
None of them come close to XB500's bass.
The HD280 Pro out of that list you just made would be a decent headphone, with some bass (due to isolation), but it's not a bass monster at all. Plus it clamps like a death grip so it's not that comfortable.
Increase your budget some and look at the Ultrasone HFI 580.
Very best,post #6 of 138/10/11 at 3:53pmThread Starterpost #7 of 138/10/11 at 3:58pm
I think theyre on sale usu around $150
post #8 of 138/10/11 at 4:22pmThread Starterpost #9 of 138/10/11 at 4:26pmpost #10 of 138/10/11 at 4:31pmThread StarterWell I live in Phoenix Arizona and if I get those Whn Im outside with them on my ears will get extremely hot!!!! So I just need some over the ear bass headphones other than the Sony xb series under 85 bucks that don't leakpost #11 of 138/10/11 at 4:39pmpost #12 of 138/10/11 at 5:19pmThread Starterpost #13 of 138/10/11 at 8:51pmQuote:
All over ears are going to get super hot in Phoenix, regardless of size, shape and material.
Look at the Sony ZX700 as an alternative. It compares to the M50 for half the cost basically.
- Need help!!!!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread 1 minute ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - The Shard Event 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Tube Rolling Guide 6SN7/6AS7G/6080/5998 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 4 minutes ago
- › ROCK Zircon + Mula IEM Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Flat4-涛(NAMI) - TH-F4N 5 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 6 minutes ago
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2