- 65 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/12/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/12/11
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 8/12/11
- productShure SRH240 Professional Quality Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/12/11
- productSony MDR-V700DJ DJ-Style Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/12/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/12/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/12/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 8/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New to headphones, looking to move away from my Bose ( Need more bass ) Last post on 10/16/11 at 5:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ~$100 Headphones for Metal, Dubstep, and Gaming? Last post on 8/9/11 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones under $100 Last post on 5/19/11 at 9:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones Ath m50? Last post on 9/27/12 at 11:53am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
Need help!!!!!!post #1 of 138/10/11 at 3:04pmThread StarterI'm looking for over the ear headphones with huge bass!!! Doesn't have to compare to the Sony xb series but I don't want those they r waaay to big! They have to be comfortable and don't leak sound and under $85 thank for the help
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 138/10/11 at 3:12pmpost #3 of 138/10/11 at 3:13pmQuote:
Your price tag puts you right on the XB700/500. The XB500 is not as big. And it's $50 shipped.
They're not that big. The internet lies often. Look for yourself:
Those are XB500's. The XB700's are bigger. They are the ones that get silly. I find the XB500's to be the same size as all my full size headphone cups basically, so they don't look silly all.
Seriously. $50. Cheaper if you buy them on Headphones.com and use the Headfi 15% discount. Ships free. Use an EQ to bring up mids/highs and you can't beat the headphone for the money for bass specifically, and it really does do other genres really well when EQ'd. I EQ'd mine recently to see if the headphone could do acoustic/female vocals without sounding like being in a barrel, and it was amazing how well the mids/highs come out without distortion with just a little EQ tweaking. Made it sound like a different headphone and allowed it to do more than just bass.
Edited by MalVeauX - 8/10/11 at 3:15pmpost #4 of 138/10/11 at 3:28pmThread Starterpost #5 of 138/10/11 at 3:47pmQuote:
None of them come close to XB500's bass.
The HD280 Pro out of that list you just made would be a decent headphone, with some bass (due to isolation), but it's not a bass monster at all. Plus it clamps like a death grip so it's not that comfortable.
Increase your budget some and look at the Ultrasone HFI 580.
Very best,post #6 of 138/10/11 at 3:53pmThread Starterpost #7 of 138/10/11 at 3:58pm
I think theyre on sale usu around $150
post #8 of 138/10/11 at 4:22pmThread Starterpost #9 of 138/10/11 at 4:26pmpost #10 of 138/10/11 at 4:31pmThread StarterWell I live in Phoenix Arizona and if I get those Whn Im outside with them on my ears will get extremely hot!!!! So I just need some over the ear bass headphones other than the Sony xb series under 85 bucks that don't leakpost #11 of 138/10/11 at 4:39pmpost #12 of 138/10/11 at 5:19pmThread Starterpost #13 of 138/10/11 at 8:51pmQuote:
All over ears are going to get super hot in Phoenix, regardless of size, shape and material.
Look at the Sony ZX700 as an alternative. It compares to the M50 for half the cost basically.
- Need help!!!!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Comparisons: 22 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 9 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 58 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › FS: AKG K812 Priced to Move 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Hello, in need for an amp or Dac for DT 880 7 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 Impressions! PICS! EVERYTHING! 8 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 9 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)