getting se530' (wire damage) replaced with se535' ...hopefully better sound quality?
- productGraham Slee Voyagertagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/11/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productUnique Melody SE530x6tagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Help with fixing SE530's Last post on 7/23/12 at 7:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Desktop amp (w/ or w/o DAC ok) for Beyerdynamic T5p Last post on 10/21/11 at 9:04am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DigiZoid ZO or Headstage Arrow? Last post on 12/12/11 at 9:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Amp recommendation for UM Re-Shell of SE530 Please Last post on 9/20/11 at 4:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Advice needed: Best non custom earphone option for RSA SR71B Last post on 4/13/11 at 1:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
Shure se530 vs se545...sound qualitypost #1 of 108/10/11 at 2:35pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 108/10/11 at 2:38pmpost #3 of 108/10/11 at 2:46pmQuote:
Really might be personal preference. SE535 is more controlled and "reigned in" so to speak. Almost too much, perhaps. Treble is improved, soundstage is improved but SE530 was a little bassier and looser sounding...perhaps more fun. Tough call, really...
post #4 of 108/10/11 at 5:14pmThread Starter
will be using with a Graham Slee Voyager portable amp...which has a sort of bass boost switch..love the sound.. though have wished for a little bit more sparkle in the highs thru the 530'...hoping for a little more treble with the 535'....thanks for the replies.post #5 of 108/10/11 at 7:23pmpost #6 of 108/10/11 at 7:53pmpost #7 of 108/10/11 at 9:29pmpost #8 of 108/11/11 at 1:37am
When I had both I actually preferred the 530 > 535. There difference was noticeable but on the go I don't think I would notice it too much (negligible in real-life applications)
But then again I also consider build/cables and etc... and the 530's cables/housing is pretty poor in quality, you'll love the cables on the 535spost #9 of 108/11/11 at 8:17ampost #10 of 108/12/11 at 4:44pm
They're both pretty similar. The 535 is a little airier and has a little bigger soundstage but the differences aren't huge. I tried the 530 in one ear and the 535 in the other, both playing from a double headed amp and the differences weren't even large enough to to give me a headache or some other disoriented feel.
I thought the the differences in sound would have been worth the money since I already loved the 530s and would be willing to pay for even small improvements rather than take a chance on something completely different but the 535s weren't as comfortable in my ears so I sold them and kept the 530s instead.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure se530 vs se545...sound quality
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Band Name Game II 44 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo issue solutions thread. 55 seconds ago
- › Woo WA2 Tube Rolling Recommendations 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 4 minutes ago
- › AK120ii and KSE1500 - Volume 4 minutes ago
- › I beg everyone please help me 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...