getting se530' (wire damage) replaced with se535' ...hopefully better sound quality?
- productGraham Slee Voyagertagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/11/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productUnique Melody SE530x6tagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Help with fixing SE530's Last post on 7/23/12 at 7:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Desktop amp (w/ or w/o DAC ok) for Beyerdynamic T5p Last post on 10/21/11 at 9:04am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DigiZoid ZO or Headstage Arrow? Last post on 12/12/11 at 9:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Amp recommendation for UM Re-Shell of SE530 Please Last post on 9/20/11 at 4:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Advice needed: Best non custom earphone option for RSA SR71B Last post on 4/13/11 at 1:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Shure se530 vs se545...sound qualitypost #1 of 108/10/11 at 2:35pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 108/10/11 at 2:38pmpost #3 of 108/10/11 at 2:46pmQuote:
Really might be personal preference. SE535 is more controlled and "reigned in" so to speak. Almost too much, perhaps. Treble is improved, soundstage is improved but SE530 was a little bassier and looser sounding...perhaps more fun. Tough call, really...
post #4 of 108/10/11 at 5:14pmThread Starter
will be using with a Graham Slee Voyager portable amp...which has a sort of bass boost switch..love the sound.. though have wished for a little bit more sparkle in the highs thru the 530'...hoping for a little more treble with the 535'....thanks for the replies.post #5 of 108/10/11 at 7:23pmpost #6 of 108/10/11 at 7:53pmpost #7 of 108/10/11 at 9:29pmpost #8 of 108/11/11 at 1:37am
When I had both I actually preferred the 530 > 535. There difference was noticeable but on the go I don't think I would notice it too much (negligible in real-life applications)
But then again I also consider build/cables and etc... and the 530's cables/housing is pretty poor in quality, you'll love the cables on the 535spost #9 of 108/11/11 at 8:17ampost #10 of 108/12/11 at 4:44pm
They're both pretty similar. The 535 is a little airier and has a little bigger soundstage but the differences aren't huge. I tried the 530 in one ear and the 535 in the other, both playing from a double headed amp and the differences weren't even large enough to to give me a headache or some other disoriented feel.
I thought the the differences in sound would have been worth the money since I already loved the 530s and would be willing to pay for even small improvements rather than take a chance on something completely different but the 535s weren't as comfortable in my ears so I sold them and kept the 530s instead.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure se530 vs se545...sound quality
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 19 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP 1 minute ago
- › Havi B6 ! 1 minute ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 2 minutes ago
- › Any Logitech UE600vi owners here? 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 2 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Crack OTL amplifier with Speedball kit - sale pending 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2