getting se530' (wire damage) replaced with se535' ...hopefully better sound quality?
- productGraham Slee Voyagertagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/11/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productUnique Melody SE530x6tagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Help with fixing SE530's Last post on 7/23/12 at 7:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Desktop amp (w/ or w/o DAC ok) for Beyerdynamic T5p Last post on 10/21/11 at 9:04am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DigiZoid ZO or Headstage Arrow? Last post on 12/12/11 at 9:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Amp recommendation for UM Re-Shell of SE530 Please Last post on 9/20/11 at 4:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Advice needed: Best non custom earphone option for RSA SR71B Last post on 4/13/11 at 1:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The Sony MDR-EX1000 is truly a legendary IEM but in a world of its own. Not even the latest XBA, or XBA hybrid Z series could rival its intimidating large single-dynamic driver setup. (my EX1000...
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
Shure se530 vs se545...sound qualitypost #1 of 108/10/11 at 2:35pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 108/10/11 at 2:38pmpost #3 of 108/10/11 at 2:46pmQuote:
Really might be personal preference. SE535 is more controlled and "reigned in" so to speak. Almost too much, perhaps. Treble is improved, soundstage is improved but SE530 was a little bassier and looser sounding...perhaps more fun. Tough call, really...
post #4 of 108/10/11 at 5:14pmThread Starter
will be using with a Graham Slee Voyager portable amp...which has a sort of bass boost switch..love the sound.. though have wished for a little bit more sparkle in the highs thru the 530'...hoping for a little more treble with the 535'....thanks for the replies.post #5 of 108/10/11 at 7:23pmpost #6 of 108/10/11 at 7:53pmpost #7 of 108/10/11 at 9:29pmpost #8 of 108/11/11 at 1:37am
When I had both I actually preferred the 530 > 535. There difference was noticeable but on the go I don't think I would notice it too much (negligible in real-life applications)
But then again I also consider build/cables and etc... and the 530's cables/housing is pretty poor in quality, you'll love the cables on the 535spost #9 of 108/11/11 at 8:17ampost #10 of 108/12/11 at 4:44pm
They're both pretty similar. The 535 is a little airier and has a little bigger soundstage but the differences aren't huge. I tried the 530 in one ear and the 535 in the other, both playing from a double headed amp and the differences weren't even large enough to to give me a headache or some other disoriented feel.
I thought the the differences in sound would have been worth the money since I already loved the 530s and would be willing to pay for even small improvements rather than take a chance on something completely different but the 535s weren't as comfortable in my ears so I sold them and kept the 530s instead.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure se530 vs se545...sound quality
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 19 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum M2 32 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 1 minute ago
- › First day at the Forum 2 minutes ago
- › Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise 2 minutes ago
- › Jay Z To Buy Tidal For $56M? 2 minutes ago
- › Balanced cable : what is it and why would i want it? 2 minutes ago
- › New Audeze "Prototype-Z"! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 202 Headphones by serman005
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by stuartfang
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3