getting se530' (wire damage) replaced with se535' ...hopefully better sound quality?
- productGraham Slee Voyagertagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/11/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productUnique Melody SE530x6tagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Help with fixing SE530's Last post on 7/23/12 at 7:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Desktop amp (w/ or w/o DAC ok) for Beyerdynamic T5p Last post on 10/21/11 at 9:04am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DigiZoid ZO or Headstage Arrow? Last post on 12/12/11 at 9:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Amp recommendation for UM Re-Shell of SE530 Please Last post on 9/20/11 at 4:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Advice needed: Best non custom earphone option for RSA SR71B Last post on 4/13/11 at 1:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Shure se530 vs se545...sound qualitypost #1 of 108/10/11 at 2:35pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 108/10/11 at 2:38pmpost #3 of 108/10/11 at 2:46pmQuote:
Really might be personal preference. SE535 is more controlled and "reigned in" so to speak. Almost too much, perhaps. Treble is improved, soundstage is improved but SE530 was a little bassier and looser sounding...perhaps more fun. Tough call, really...
post #4 of 108/10/11 at 5:14pmThread Starter
will be using with a Graham Slee Voyager portable amp...which has a sort of bass boost switch..love the sound.. though have wished for a little bit more sparkle in the highs thru the 530'...hoping for a little more treble with the 535'....thanks for the replies.post #5 of 108/10/11 at 7:23pmpost #6 of 108/10/11 at 7:53pmpost #7 of 108/10/11 at 9:29pmpost #8 of 108/11/11 at 1:37am
When I had both I actually preferred the 530 > 535. There difference was noticeable but on the go I don't think I would notice it too much (negligible in real-life applications)
But then again I also consider build/cables and etc... and the 530's cables/housing is pretty poor in quality, you'll love the cables on the 535spost #9 of 108/11/11 at 8:17ampost #10 of 108/12/11 at 4:44pm
They're both pretty similar. The 535 is a little airier and has a little bigger soundstage but the differences aren't huge. I tried the 530 in one ear and the 535 in the other, both playing from a double headed amp and the differences weren't even large enough to to give me a headache or some other disoriented feel.
I thought the the differences in sound would have been worth the money since I already loved the 530s and would be willing to pay for even small improvements rather than take a chance on something completely different but the 535s weren't as comfortable in my ears so I sold them and kept the 530s instead.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure se530 vs se545...sound quality
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › New Audeze LCD3 50 seconds ago
- › Looking for a new Headphone 51 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Yulong D8,A8 4 minutes ago
- › S.M.S.L M2 DAC First Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)