getting se530' (wire damage) replaced with se535' ...hopefully better sound quality?
- productGraham Slee Voyagertagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/11/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productUnique Melody SE530x6tagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Help with fixing SE530's Last post on 7/23/12 at 7:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Desktop amp (w/ or w/o DAC ok) for Beyerdynamic T5p Last post on 10/21/11 at 9:04am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DigiZoid ZO or Headstage Arrow? Last post on 12/12/11 at 9:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Amp recommendation for UM Re-Shell of SE530 Please Last post on 9/20/11 at 4:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Advice needed: Best non custom earphone option for RSA SR71B Last post on 4/13/11 at 1:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
Shure se530 vs se545...sound qualitypost #1 of 108/10/11 at 2:35pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 108/10/11 at 2:38pmpost #3 of 108/10/11 at 2:46pmQuote:
Really might be personal preference. SE535 is more controlled and "reigned in" so to speak. Almost too much, perhaps. Treble is improved, soundstage is improved but SE530 was a little bassier and looser sounding...perhaps more fun. Tough call, really...
post #4 of 108/10/11 at 5:14pmThread Starter
will be using with a Graham Slee Voyager portable amp...which has a sort of bass boost switch..love the sound.. though have wished for a little bit more sparkle in the highs thru the 530'...hoping for a little more treble with the 535'....thanks for the replies.post #5 of 108/10/11 at 7:23pmpost #6 of 108/10/11 at 7:53pmpost #7 of 108/10/11 at 9:29pmpost #8 of 108/11/11 at 1:37am
When I had both I actually preferred the 530 > 535. There difference was noticeable but on the go I don't think I would notice it too much (negligible in real-life applications)
But then again I also consider build/cables and etc... and the 530's cables/housing is pretty poor in quality, you'll love the cables on the 535spost #9 of 108/11/11 at 8:17ampost #10 of 108/12/11 at 4:44pm
They're both pretty similar. The 535 is a little airier and has a little bigger soundstage but the differences aren't huge. I tried the 530 in one ear and the 535 in the other, both playing from a double headed amp and the differences weren't even large enough to to give me a headache or some other disoriented feel.
I thought the the differences in sound would have been worth the money since I already loved the 530s and would be willing to pay for even small improvements rather than take a chance on something completely different but the 535s weren't as comfortable in my ears so I sold them and kept the 530s instead.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure se530 vs se545...sound quality
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Lets Talk Metal 14 seconds ago
- › I could really use some guidance from you guys 57 seconds ago
- › Mezzo Hifi - New AK120/AK100 Mods (WM8741 in software mode) 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Decrapifier released - USB power isolator 7 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 7 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)