getting se530' (wire damage) replaced with se535' ...hopefully better sound quality?
- productGraham Slee Voyagertagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/11/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productUnique Melody SE530x6tagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Help with fixing SE530's Last post on 7/23/12 at 7:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Desktop amp (w/ or w/o DAC ok) for Beyerdynamic T5p Last post on 10/21/11 at 9:04am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DigiZoid ZO or Headstage Arrow? Last post on 12/12/11 at 9:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Amp recommendation for UM Re-Shell of SE530 Please Last post on 9/20/11 at 4:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Advice needed: Best non custom earphone option for RSA SR71B Last post on 4/13/11 at 1:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Shure se530 vs se545...sound qualitypost #1 of 108/10/11 at 2:35pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 108/10/11 at 2:38pmpost #3 of 108/10/11 at 2:46pmQuote:
Really might be personal preference. SE535 is more controlled and "reigned in" so to speak. Almost too much, perhaps. Treble is improved, soundstage is improved but SE530 was a little bassier and looser sounding...perhaps more fun. Tough call, really...
post #4 of 108/10/11 at 5:14pmThread Starter
will be using with a Graham Slee Voyager portable amp...which has a sort of bass boost switch..love the sound.. though have wished for a little bit more sparkle in the highs thru the 530'...hoping for a little more treble with the 535'....thanks for the replies.post #5 of 108/10/11 at 7:23pmpost #6 of 108/10/11 at 7:53pmpost #7 of 108/10/11 at 9:29pmpost #8 of 108/11/11 at 1:37am
When I had both I actually preferred the 530 > 535. There difference was noticeable but on the go I don't think I would notice it too much (negligible in real-life applications)
But then again I also consider build/cables and etc... and the 530's cables/housing is pretty poor in quality, you'll love the cables on the 535spost #9 of 108/11/11 at 8:17ampost #10 of 108/12/11 at 4:44pm
They're both pretty similar. The 535 is a little airier and has a little bigger soundstage but the differences aren't huge. I tried the 530 in one ear and the 535 in the other, both playing from a double headed amp and the differences weren't even large enough to to give me a headache or some other disoriented feel.
I thought the the differences in sound would have been worth the money since I already loved the 530s and would be willing to pay for even small improvements rather than take a chance on something completely different but the 535s weren't as comfortable in my ears so I sold them and kept the 530s instead.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure se530 vs se545...sound quality
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser HD800 - Massive Price Drop 37 seconds ago
- › Intro and request for help. Warning. I like "fun" headphones. 45 seconds ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 1 minute ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 1 minute ago
- › DAP Challenge Chart (Including 23 Portable Sources, Sony ZX2 added.... 1 minute ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Parasound Zpre2 Preamplifier as Headphone Amp 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 4 minutes ago
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2