Given some very good reviews on these forums about the DAC-Mini CX, has anyone here placed a pre-order on the PX ? Did anyone here have a chance to give it a listen (at shows/Beta-testing), if yes.. impressions / comparison with the CX (other than that it adds a Class-D amp) ?
Related Forum Threads
- Best $500 for K701s? Last post on 7/27/10 at 3:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Matrix Mini-i Balanced DAC+HP amp Last post on 10/23/14 at 6:11am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- looking for some information about DAC/Amp combis Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
- Headphone Impedance
Anyone pre-ordered the DACmini-PX yet ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Plenty questions here, I hope you will keep your word about answering them. Would be great to know
- what improvements does the PX bring to the DAC section over the CX (if any)
- same question on the Class-A section
- was there any update on the chasis as well ? taking into consideration that a Class-D has been added
- I did not see a 'silver' version is it on the cards ?
- the black version - is it the same as CX => hard anodised n all ?
- Is the PX capable of 196KHz on the USB (I have read that CX cant do it)
- are the same mods available for the PX as well (1-Ohm, High Gain, Vario-out etc) ?
- what can we expect from the Class-D when compared to nearest rivals in the market?
- are you bundling any special extras in the pre-orders
I also read Michael say 'DACmini CX is getting great response, but wait until you hear DACmini PX' pray explain.
There are 2 improvements the PX has over the CX.
1) Addition of a Class D amp
2) Improved chassis (we now offer an upgraded chassis for CX as well)
Other than those 2 items, the PX simply adds on to the functionality of CX. We will be offering the 1 ohm mod. By design the PX will control the volume output of the speaker outputs, eliminating a need for a variable out mod. As for the quyality comparisons, we are very happy with the product and are very confident the users here will give a fair assessment of how it stacks up. Like all of our products, we believe it will easily outperform its price class.
We currently are offering a reduced price on preorders. Contact me directly for the best price.
Keep the questions coming!!!
- Anyone pre-ordered the DACmini-PX yet ?
- › Rank the most accurate headphones you've heard. 32 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 6 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 7 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2