Given some very good reviews on these forums about the DAC-Mini CX, has anyone here placed a pre-order on the PX ? Did anyone here have a chance to give it a listen (at shows/Beta-testing), if yes.. impressions / comparison with the CX (other than that it adds a Class-D amp) ?
Related Forum Threads
- Best $500 for K701s? Last post on 7/27/10 at 3:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Matrix Mini-i Balanced DAC+HP amp Last post on 8/20/15 at 5:41pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- looking for some information about DAC/Amp combis Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
It might be one of your favorite cans if you pay an intense listen to them for a few hours. Really its a steal while you might get it for 60ish or 80ish. I got mine for 75 ish. I still wonder why...
The MEE Audio RX18P was sent to me from MEE Audio with the intention to compare it to some of the most popular Chinese budget offerings and let Mike know the result of my findings. The ida was not...
In the audio world, nobody can say we don’t have a tonne of choice available to us. Some audition gear with slight differences to find the piece that truly stands out to them. This...
A good sounding inexpensive product. As of my late work has pushed me to have to work at many hours at once on writing Visual Novels, I began asking myself if there is a buds solution that...
I just sell my Yamaha EPH-100, so before I forget how they sound I will write a little review here. My attempt for this micro driver earphones was BIG, especially because of the praise I found...
- Headphone Impedance
Anyone pre-ordered the DACmini-PX yet ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Plenty questions here, I hope you will keep your word about answering them. Would be great to know
- what improvements does the PX bring to the DAC section over the CX (if any)
- same question on the Class-A section
- was there any update on the chasis as well ? taking into consideration that a Class-D has been added
- I did not see a 'silver' version is it on the cards ?
- the black version - is it the same as CX => hard anodised n all ?
- Is the PX capable of 196KHz on the USB (I have read that CX cant do it)
- are the same mods available for the PX as well (1-Ohm, High Gain, Vario-out etc) ?
- what can we expect from the Class-D when compared to nearest rivals in the market?
- are you bundling any special extras in the pre-orders
I also read Michael say 'DACmini CX is getting great response, but wait until you hear DACmini PX' pray explain.
There are 2 improvements the PX has over the CX.
1) Addition of a Class D amp
2) Improved chassis (we now offer an upgraded chassis for CX as well)
Other than those 2 items, the PX simply adds on to the functionality of CX. We will be offering the 1 ohm mod. By design the PX will control the volume output of the speaker outputs, eliminating a need for a variable out mod. As for the quyality comparisons, we are very happy with the product and are very confident the users here will give a fair assessment of how it stacks up. Like all of our products, we believe it will easily outperform its price class.
We currently are offering a reduced price on preorders. Contact me directly for the best price.
Keep the questions coming!!!
- Anyone pre-ordered the DACmini-PX yet ?
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 39 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Recommendation for $500 Closed Back Headphones. 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › best dam/amp combo under 300 dollars / 200 pounds 4 minutes ago
- › New Etymotic ER-4S 4 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › DC-Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, February 27, 2016 -- Impressions... 6 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by Mosauwer
- › MEE Audio RX18 Comfort-Fit In-Ear Headphones with Enhanced Bass... by peter123
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › PMV A-01 HYBIRD IEM by peter123
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse