Given some very good reviews on these forums about the DAC-Mini CX, has anyone here placed a pre-order on the PX ? Did anyone here have a chance to give it a listen (at shows/Beta-testing), if yes.. impressions / comparison with the CX (other than that it adds a Class-D amp) ?
Related Forum Threads
- Best $500 for K701s? Last post on 7/27/10 at 3:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Matrix Mini-i Balanced DAC+HP amp Last post on 10/23/14 at 6:11am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- looking for some information about DAC/Amp combis Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Today I got this MP3 player but I am debating to keep it or not because the button layout is horrible. Also, the user interface is choppy with FLAC files. There is a noticable lag when choosing...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
- Headphone Impedance
Anyone pre-ordered the DACmini-PX yet ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Plenty questions here, I hope you will keep your word about answering them. Would be great to know
- what improvements does the PX bring to the DAC section over the CX (if any)
- same question on the Class-A section
- was there any update on the chasis as well ? taking into consideration that a Class-D has been added
- I did not see a 'silver' version is it on the cards ?
- the black version - is it the same as CX => hard anodised n all ?
- Is the PX capable of 196KHz on the USB (I have read that CX cant do it)
- are the same mods available for the PX as well (1-Ohm, High Gain, Vario-out etc) ?
- what can we expect from the Class-D when compared to nearest rivals in the market?
- are you bundling any special extras in the pre-orders
I also read Michael say 'DACmini CX is getting great response, but wait until you hear DACmini PX' pray explain.
There are 2 improvements the PX has over the CX.
1) Addition of a Class D amp
2) Improved chassis (we now offer an upgraded chassis for CX as well)
Other than those 2 items, the PX simply adds on to the functionality of CX. We will be offering the 1 ohm mod. By design the PX will control the volume output of the speaker outputs, eliminating a need for a variable out mod. As for the quyality comparisons, we are very happy with the product and are very confident the users here will give a fair assessment of how it stacks up. Like all of our products, we believe it will easily outperform its price class.
We currently are offering a reduced price on preorders. Contact me directly for the best price.
Keep the questions coming!!!
- Anyone pre-ordered the DACmini-PX yet ?
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 15 seconds ago
- › Need Help Choosing New Headphones. Bose? Ultrasone? Philips? Others? 30 seconds ago
- › Portable headphone amps 1 minute ago
- › How Can I Trust Head-Fi Reviews? 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › EQ cure all? 2 minutes ago
- › Project Ember review 2 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)