Given some very good reviews on these forums about the DAC-Mini CX, has anyone here placed a pre-order on the PX ? Did anyone here have a chance to give it a listen (at shows/Beta-testing), if yes.. impressions / comparison with the CX (other than that it adds a Class-D amp) ?
Related Forum Threads
- Best $500 for K701s? Last post on 7/27/10 at 3:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Matrix Mini-i Balanced DAC+HP amp Last post on 8/27/14 at 1:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- looking for some information about DAC/Amp combis Last post on 8/23/12 at 4:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
- Headphone Impedance
Anyone pre-ordered the DACmini-PX yet ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Plenty questions here, I hope you will keep your word about answering them. Would be great to know
- what improvements does the PX bring to the DAC section over the CX (if any)
- same question on the Class-A section
- was there any update on the chasis as well ? taking into consideration that a Class-D has been added
- I did not see a 'silver' version is it on the cards ?
- the black version - is it the same as CX => hard anodised n all ?
- Is the PX capable of 196KHz on the USB (I have read that CX cant do it)
- are the same mods available for the PX as well (1-Ohm, High Gain, Vario-out etc) ?
- what can we expect from the Class-D when compared to nearest rivals in the market?
- are you bundling any special extras in the pre-orders
I also read Michael say 'DACmini CX is getting great response, but wait until you hear DACmini PX' pray explain.
There are 2 improvements the PX has over the CX.
1) Addition of a Class D amp
2) Improved chassis (we now offer an upgraded chassis for CX as well)
Other than those 2 items, the PX simply adds on to the functionality of CX. We will be offering the 1 ohm mod. By design the PX will control the volume output of the speaker outputs, eliminating a need for a variable out mod. As for the quyality comparisons, we are very happy with the product and are very confident the users here will give a fair assessment of how it stacks up. Like all of our products, we believe it will easily outperform its price class.
We currently are offering a reduced price on preorders. Contact me directly for the best price.
Keep the questions coming!!!
- Anyone pre-ordered the DACmini-PX yet ?
- › Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 1 minute ago
- › NEW 2014 SONY MDR-XB950AP/H 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 3 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 6 minutes ago
- › HM-901 8 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)