I heard excellent things on both and I'm gonna be using them for monitoring and occasional music listening House/Electro/RnB/DnB/Dubstep
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 3/7/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/12/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 8/12/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/7/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/12/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/12/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/12/11
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 8/12/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 8/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- Comfortable Audio Technica ATH-M50 alternatives? Last post on 8/13/11 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Gaming: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro or Audio-Technica ATH-M50? Last post on 10/2/11 at 2:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO vs Beats By Dre Studio? Last post on 10/16/11 at 7:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for an upgrade from Shure SRH440 Last post on 8/19/11 at 9:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Wondering which headphones to buy Last post on 6/2/11 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
Audio Technica ATH-M50s or Beyerdynamic DT 770-PRO?post #1 of 88/10/11 at 12:27pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 88/10/11 at 12:37pm
I haven't heard DT 770 pro but from what i've read they match up bout equal to the M50. As you know the M50 are semi-portable and can be collapsed etc.
I own M50 with the coiled cable and im very happy with them although it took me some time to get use to the pleader cushions but they are very comfortable to wear for extended periods of time.post #3 of 88/10/11 at 12:38pm
Electronic music is best if through a Grado like sound can.
In all seriousness, I mean this by the greatest means. When you play bass heavy music through a bass heavy can, it turn out WAY too bassy. So a bass light can playing bass heavy music shines.
If you want beyer, get the 32ohm version unless you have a amp, then 250ohm or a really good amp then get the 600ohm.
Beyer would be good and the M50's would be lacking there. But I find Beyer boring because they aren't very forward so I have to toss out and tell you to get a Grado or HD598.
Just my $0.02post #4 of 88/10/11 at 2:09pm
They're both kind of a bit smiley curved for monitoring. However I'd go with the beyers over M50 for electronic any day. They're also more comfortable too, so better music listening experience. Very bright treble gives lots of sparkle, but recessed mids gives a more laid back soundstage.
I sorta disagree about bass heavy songs sounding too bassy on bass heavy cans. Synthesized music isn't acoustic, so there really isn't any objective means of measuring fidelity or quality-- it's mostly purely subjective based on each individuals preferences in sound.post #5 of 88/10/11 at 2:51pmpost #6 of 88/10/11 at 3:01pm
If the source you are using is a headphones amp. (AC powered) or stereo receiver, get the DT-770 80-Ohm (take advantage of that 80-Ohms)
If your using a portable music source, mp3 player etc., I'm going to guess the M50s lower Ohms (38-Ohm) will be less draining on the battery.
Also the M50s should be easier to travel with.post #7 of 88/11/11 at 8:07pmThread Starter
- Audio Technica ATH-M50s or Beyerdynamic DT 770-PRO?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 5 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 51 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 1 minute ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 2 minutes ago
- › Official Survey - What’s your personality profile? Take our quiz! 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW/TOUR] Somic MH412 + Viper4Android. The "Put Up or Shut Up"... 5 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)