I heard excellent things on both and I'm gonna be using them for monitoring and occasional music listening House/Electro/RnB/DnB/Dubstep
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 3/7/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/12/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 8/12/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/7/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/12/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/12/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/12/11
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/12/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 8/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- Comfortable Audio Technica ATH-M50 alternatives? Last post on 8/13/11 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Gaming: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro or Audio-Technica ATH-M50? Last post on 10/2/11 at 2:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO vs Beats By Dre Studio? Last post on 10/16/11 at 7:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for an upgrade from Shure SRH440 Last post on 8/19/11 at 9:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Wondering which headphones to buy Last post on 6/2/11 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the Ausdom M06 was on sale for $52.99 USD on Amazon. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
[Originally posted at Basshead.Club] Bring on the thunder and lightning. Aurisonics’ flagship triple driver hybrid combines the incredible sub-bass of the ASG-B’s 14.2mm dynamic driver...
I personally thought these were a lame purchase after i had bought 'em. About a week later i just left my apartment and left them shouting out opeth and other metal with the bass in 4/4 position...
Introduction & Build Quality The SennGrado is a mod in which the drivers of the Sennheiser PX-100 II are removed and mounted in Grado style wooden cups. Variation between pairs, of course, is very...
Fiio X3 2nd generation preview Disclaimer: before jumping into the device itself, I have to talk a little bit about myself. I am still an amateur on the subject of sound quality, but I’ll...
Audio Technica ATH-M50s or Beyerdynamic DT 770-PRO?post #1 of 88/10/11 at 12:27pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 88/10/11 at 12:37pm
I haven't heard DT 770 pro but from what i've read they match up bout equal to the M50. As you know the M50 are semi-portable and can be collapsed etc.
I own M50 with the coiled cable and im very happy with them although it took me some time to get use to the pleader cushions but they are very comfortable to wear for extended periods of time.post #3 of 88/10/11 at 12:38pm
Electronic music is best if through a Grado like sound can.
In all seriousness, I mean this by the greatest means. When you play bass heavy music through a bass heavy can, it turn out WAY too bassy. So a bass light can playing bass heavy music shines.
If you want beyer, get the 32ohm version unless you have a amp, then 250ohm or a really good amp then get the 600ohm.
Beyer would be good and the M50's would be lacking there. But I find Beyer boring because they aren't very forward so I have to toss out and tell you to get a Grado or HD598.
Just my $0.02post #4 of 88/10/11 at 2:09pm
They're both kind of a bit smiley curved for monitoring. However I'd go with the beyers over M50 for electronic any day. They're also more comfortable too, so better music listening experience. Very bright treble gives lots of sparkle, but recessed mids gives a more laid back soundstage.
I sorta disagree about bass heavy songs sounding too bassy on bass heavy cans. Synthesized music isn't acoustic, so there really isn't any objective means of measuring fidelity or quality-- it's mostly purely subjective based on each individuals preferences in sound.post #5 of 88/10/11 at 2:51pmpost #6 of 88/10/11 at 3:01pm
If the source you are using is a headphones amp. (AC powered) or stereo receiver, get the DT-770 80-Ohm (take advantage of that 80-Ohms)
If your using a portable music source, mp3 player etc., I'm going to guess the M50s lower Ohms (38-Ohm) will be less draining on the battery.
Also the M50s should be easier to travel with.post #7 of 88/11/11 at 8:07pmThread Starter
- Audio Technica ATH-M50s or Beyerdynamic DT 770-PRO?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Which high end headphone would you buy at these given prices: 14 seconds ago
- › Linn Klimax Renew DS 40 seconds ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › McIntosh MHP1000 Headphones Announced in CES 2 minutes ago
- › Good generic mods for headphones? 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 3 minutes ago
- › Takstar Hi2050 *First Impressions* 4 minutes ago
- › Stax: SR 002 + Srm 002 and Srm 003 mk2 + Srm 003 impression and... 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Luckbad
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black by 69Beyer
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by The Plaidypus
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2