Related Forum Threads
- Gaming Headset - Specific questions Last post on 7/14/11 at 5:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD558 + Amp or HD598 for Rock Music Listening and Gaming Last post on 6/13/12 at 5:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- All around headphones 300-400$ Last post on 1/2/12 at 9:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser PC 360 hissing sound when mic plugged in Last post on 12/7/11 at 12:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Turtle Beach PX5 connectivity? Last post on 10/18/11 at 5:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank LH Labs for providing me with a review sample of GeekOut in exchange for my honest opinion. I thought I was done with my round of portable USB...
I have owned these headphones for about a week. The sounds quality is great but I'm not sure if I can wear these longer than 1 hour. My ears get way too warm. Would love a bit more airflow.
Hello, I owned a J3 32GB player for 2 or three years, so I got to know all it's advantages and disadvantages. The good This thing has much more output power than most non-audiophile...
Gaming Headphones for PC/Xbox360/PS3 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 238/12/11 at 6:14amThread Starterpost #18 of 238/12/11 at 6:20am
Most people go with a clip on and attach it to the cord leading up to the headphone. There's also a good amount of people that use boom mics as well though (including me) The labtec lva-7330 used to be THE choice, but it's a very old product, and hard to come by these days. You can probably find one on ebay though. It's very easy to attach to the AD700, you just saw off the headband part of it, then velcro it on to the side of the AD700. I even put some superglue on the balljoint of it (which is the looser of its two joints) so it would be more rigid when adjusting, then I curled its cord around the cord of the AD700 and used electrical tape at end, middle and top of the cord to hold it in place as one giant cord. Rather simple. Others use just a regular stand alone boom mic and actually drill holes into their AD700 and pull wires through from inside for an even cleaner look, or make their own custom armatures for the standalone boom mic to fit in. You're bound to find some topics on different mic mods for the AD700 if you keep looking.post #19 of 2310/30/12 at 12:16pmpost #20 of 232/9/13 at 5:10pm
Hey guys, Im just wondering about the whole 5.1 dolby set up thing? does this actually have a better soundstage than pro headphones? they have more drivers right? and as such should be able to do some things better. I have a pair of AKG K550's which have a sweet sound-stage and was wodnering how they would compare to say the best of Triton etc.post #21 of 232/11/13 at 2:13pm
Double thread necro!
Long story short, multiple-driver headsets suck. Avoid them. You'd get a better result out of stereo headphones with a decent soundstage and Dolby Headphone or some other sort of virtual surround mixing.post #22 of 239/28/13 at 2:19am
Hello, im sorry to ressurect the topic, but im interest on buying a headset/headphone...
I was going to buy an astro a40 at the start, but many people say it is a lot expensive and its not worth.
Ive read on some topics here that the dt 770 pro + astro mixamp would be good, but the mixamp where i live is expensive and the dt 770pro is like 800$ where i live(believe me) =/
My question really is, i can buy a zalman mic for my dt 770pro, but i wouldnt buy the mixamp now, the sound will be good with the dt770pro or it really need an amplifier?( i know i need the mixamp from astro or another one to use on xbox/ps3 right?)
Im about to buy the 720+ from tritton, but many people say it breaks easily... And the dt770pro can be a lot better.
And another question appear, if i dont have an amplifier, the 720+ will sound better?
I would love new suggestions. Maybe the ath-ad700 is better without amp?
Btw, im from Brazil, im sorry about my poor english.
Have a nice day,
Edited by famibica - 9/28/13 at 2:33am
- Gaming Headphones for PC/Xbox360/PS3
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware 29 seconds ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › From Sennheiser HD 650 to HiFiMAN HE-400i... there's no way back! 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › which music do you use to test headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 6 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 7 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › SKULLCANDY SLYR Circumaural Headset by ChromiumCola
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by JoeDoe
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2