Related Forum Threads
- Gaming Headset - Specific questions Last post on 7/14/11 at 5:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD558 + Amp or HD598 for Rock Music Listening and Gaming Last post on 6/13/12 at 5:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- All around headphones 300-400$ Last post on 1/2/12 at 9:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser PC 360 hissing sound when mic plugged in Last post on 12/7/11 at 12:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Turtle Beach PX5 connectivity? Last post on 10/18/11 at 5:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Review of the CEntrance HiFi M8 LX LX model = Optical input The CEntrance HiFi M8 has a lot of connection and feature combinations. This is the LX / XLR version. What is the...
Before I start my review, I wold like to Thank Penon Audio for providing me with a review loaner of DITA Audio The Answer headphones in exchange for my honest opinion. I tested and reviewed a...
Integrated amplifiers. We all know what they are, right? The classic definition involves having a power amplifier and a preamplifier integrated into the same chassis. Hence the name. It...
Will keep this review short but these are my impressions after a week of listening to a range of FLAC and a few HD files of every main genre of music: Sources used: FiiO X5 Sony...
Take the well received Akg K545, and add 50 dollars for a mic, amp, nfc, battery and Bluetooth capability. Is it worth it? TLDR, if you don’t have an amp and/or want bluetooth, put this in your top...
Gaming Headphones for PC/Xbox360/PS3 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 238/12/11 at 6:14amThread Starterpost #18 of 238/12/11 at 6:20am
Most people go with a clip on and attach it to the cord leading up to the headphone. There's also a good amount of people that use boom mics as well though (including me) The labtec lva-7330 used to be THE choice, but it's a very old product, and hard to come by these days. You can probably find one on ebay though. It's very easy to attach to the AD700, you just saw off the headband part of it, then velcro it on to the side of the AD700. I even put some superglue on the balljoint of it (which is the looser of its two joints) so it would be more rigid when adjusting, then I curled its cord around the cord of the AD700 and used electrical tape at end, middle and top of the cord to hold it in place as one giant cord. Rather simple. Others use just a regular stand alone boom mic and actually drill holes into their AD700 and pull wires through from inside for an even cleaner look, or make their own custom armatures for the standalone boom mic to fit in. You're bound to find some topics on different mic mods for the AD700 if you keep looking.post #19 of 2310/30/12 at 12:16pmpost #20 of 232/9/13 at 5:10pm
Hey guys, Im just wondering about the whole 5.1 dolby set up thing? does this actually have a better soundstage than pro headphones? they have more drivers right? and as such should be able to do some things better. I have a pair of AKG K550's which have a sweet sound-stage and was wodnering how they would compare to say the best of Triton etc.post #21 of 232/11/13 at 2:13pm
Double thread necro!
Long story short, multiple-driver headsets suck. Avoid them. You'd get a better result out of stereo headphones with a decent soundstage and Dolby Headphone or some other sort of virtual surround mixing.post #22 of 239/28/13 at 2:19am
Hello, im sorry to ressurect the topic, but im interest on buying a headset/headphone...
I was going to buy an astro a40 at the start, but many people say it is a lot expensive and its not worth.
Ive read on some topics here that the dt 770 pro + astro mixamp would be good, but the mixamp where i live is expensive and the dt 770pro is like 800$ where i live(believe me) =/
My question really is, i can buy a zalman mic for my dt 770pro, but i wouldnt buy the mixamp now, the sound will be good with the dt770pro or it really need an amplifier?( i know i need the mixamp from astro or another one to use on xbox/ps3 right?)
Im about to buy the 720+ from tritton, but many people say it breaks easily... And the dt770pro can be a lot better.
And another question appear, if i dont have an amplifier, the 720+ will sound better?
I would love new suggestions. Maybe the ath-ad700 is better without amp?
Btw, im from Brazil, im sorry about my poor english.
Have a nice day,
Edited by famibica - 9/28/13 at 2:33am
- Gaming Headphones for PC/Xbox360/PS3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 21 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 43 seconds ago
- › iBasso PB-2 Pelican fully balanced portable, DB-2 Dac . . HiFlight... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What do I need to power Alesis MK II passives 3 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by CasperBxl
- › DITA Audio The Answer by twister6
- › Questyle CMA800i - integrated DAC, headphone amp, and preamp by project86
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by cs098
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by bodopopa
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by suman134
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by mlthelasher
- › Takstar TS-671 by paal0
- › Geben iDA-1 Portable Amp/DAC for iDevices by JoeDoe
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)