Related Forum Threads
- Gaming Headset - Specific questions Last post on 7/14/11 at 5:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD558 + Amp or HD598 for Rock Music Listening and Gaming Last post on 6/13/12 at 5:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- All around headphones 300-400$ Last post on 1/2/12 at 9:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser PC 360 hissing sound when mic plugged in Last post on 12/7/11 at 12:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Turtle Beach PX5 connectivity? Last post on 10/18/11 at 5:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Gaming Headphones for PC/Xbox360/PS3 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 238/12/11 at 6:14amThread Starterpost #18 of 238/12/11 at 6:20am
Most people go with a clip on and attach it to the cord leading up to the headphone. There's also a good amount of people that use boom mics as well though (including me) The labtec lva-7330 used to be THE choice, but it's a very old product, and hard to come by these days. You can probably find one on ebay though. It's very easy to attach to the AD700, you just saw off the headband part of it, then velcro it on to the side of the AD700. I even put some superglue on the balljoint of it (which is the looser of its two joints) so it would be more rigid when adjusting, then I curled its cord around the cord of the AD700 and used electrical tape at end, middle and top of the cord to hold it in place as one giant cord. Rather simple. Others use just a regular stand alone boom mic and actually drill holes into their AD700 and pull wires through from inside for an even cleaner look, or make their own custom armatures for the standalone boom mic to fit in. You're bound to find some topics on different mic mods for the AD700 if you keep looking.post #19 of 2310/30/12 at 12:16pmpost #20 of 232/9/13 at 5:10pm
Hey guys, Im just wondering about the whole 5.1 dolby set up thing? does this actually have a better soundstage than pro headphones? they have more drivers right? and as such should be able to do some things better. I have a pair of AKG K550's which have a sweet sound-stage and was wodnering how they would compare to say the best of Triton etc.post #21 of 232/11/13 at 2:13pm
Double thread necro!
Long story short, multiple-driver headsets suck. Avoid them. You'd get a better result out of stereo headphones with a decent soundstage and Dolby Headphone or some other sort of virtual surround mixing.post #22 of 239/28/13 at 2:19am
Hello, im sorry to ressurect the topic, but im interest on buying a headset/headphone...
I was going to buy an astro a40 at the start, but many people say it is a lot expensive and its not worth.
Ive read on some topics here that the dt 770 pro + astro mixamp would be good, but the mixamp where i live is expensive and the dt 770pro is like 800$ where i live(believe me) =/
My question really is, i can buy a zalman mic for my dt 770pro, but i wouldnt buy the mixamp now, the sound will be good with the dt770pro or it really need an amplifier?( i know i need the mixamp from astro or another one to use on xbox/ps3 right?)
Im about to buy the 720+ from tritton, but many people say it breaks easily... And the dt770pro can be a lot better.
And another question appear, if i dont have an amplifier, the 720+ will sound better?
I would love new suggestions. Maybe the ath-ad700 is better without amp?
Btw, im from Brazil, im sorry about my poor english.
Have a nice day,
Edited by famibica - 9/28/13 at 2:33am
- Gaming Headphones for PC/Xbox360/PS3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 1 minute ago
- › Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 25th, 2014 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003i + Comply Tips 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 4 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 8 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)