Related Forum Threads
- Gaming Headset - Specific questions Last post on 7/14/11 at 5:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD558 + Amp or HD598 for Rock Music Listening and Gaming Last post on 6/13/12 at 5:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- All around headphones 300-400$ Last post on 1/2/12 at 9:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser PC 360 hissing sound when mic plugged in Last post on 12/7/11 at 12:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Turtle Beach PX5 connectivity? Last post on 10/18/11 at 5:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
Gaming Headphones for PC/Xbox360/PS3 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 238/12/11 at 6:14amThread Starterpost #18 of 238/12/11 at 6:20am
Most people go with a clip on and attach it to the cord leading up to the headphone. There's also a good amount of people that use boom mics as well though (including me) The labtec lva-7330 used to be THE choice, but it's a very old product, and hard to come by these days. You can probably find one on ebay though. It's very easy to attach to the AD700, you just saw off the headband part of it, then velcro it on to the side of the AD700. I even put some superglue on the balljoint of it (which is the looser of its two joints) so it would be more rigid when adjusting, then I curled its cord around the cord of the AD700 and used electrical tape at end, middle and top of the cord to hold it in place as one giant cord. Rather simple. Others use just a regular stand alone boom mic and actually drill holes into their AD700 and pull wires through from inside for an even cleaner look, or make their own custom armatures for the standalone boom mic to fit in. You're bound to find some topics on different mic mods for the AD700 if you keep looking.post #19 of 2310/30/12 at 12:16pmpost #20 of 232/9/13 at 5:10pm
Hey guys, Im just wondering about the whole 5.1 dolby set up thing? does this actually have a better soundstage than pro headphones? they have more drivers right? and as such should be able to do some things better. I have a pair of AKG K550's which have a sweet sound-stage and was wodnering how they would compare to say the best of Triton etc.post #21 of 232/11/13 at 2:13pm
Double thread necro!
Long story short, multiple-driver headsets suck. Avoid them. You'd get a better result out of stereo headphones with a decent soundstage and Dolby Headphone or some other sort of virtual surround mixing.post #22 of 239/28/13 at 2:19am
Hello, im sorry to ressurect the topic, but im interest on buying a headset/headphone...
I was going to buy an astro a40 at the start, but many people say it is a lot expensive and its not worth.
Ive read on some topics here that the dt 770 pro + astro mixamp would be good, but the mixamp where i live is expensive and the dt 770pro is like 800$ where i live(believe me) =/
My question really is, i can buy a zalman mic for my dt 770pro, but i wouldnt buy the mixamp now, the sound will be good with the dt770pro or it really need an amplifier?( i know i need the mixamp from astro or another one to use on xbox/ps3 right?)
Im about to buy the 720+ from tritton, but many people say it breaks easily... And the dt770pro can be a lot better.
And another question appear, if i dont have an amplifier, the 720+ will sound better?
I would love new suggestions. Maybe the ath-ad700 is better without amp?
Btw, im from Brazil, im sorry about my poor english.
Have a nice day,
Edited by famibica - 9/28/13 at 2:33am
- Gaming Headphones for PC/Xbox360/PS3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › New Sennheiser Momentum In ear 1 minute ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations to get me started (amp/headphones/dap... for a n00b) 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › In-Depth Comparison: Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitor & Noble... 3 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)