Related Forum Threads
- Gaming Headset - Specific questions Last post on 7/14/11 at 5:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD558 + Amp or HD598 for Rock Music Listening and Gaming Last post on 6/13/12 at 5:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- All around headphones 300-400$ Last post on 1/2/12 at 9:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser PC 360 hissing sound when mic plugged in Last post on 12/7/11 at 12:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Turtle Beach PX5 connectivity? Last post on 10/18/11 at 5:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
Gaming Headphones for PC/Xbox360/PS3 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 238/12/11 at 6:14amThread Starterpost #18 of 238/12/11 at 6:20am
Most people go with a clip on and attach it to the cord leading up to the headphone. There's also a good amount of people that use boom mics as well though (including me) The labtec lva-7330 used to be THE choice, but it's a very old product, and hard to come by these days. You can probably find one on ebay though. It's very easy to attach to the AD700, you just saw off the headband part of it, then velcro it on to the side of the AD700. I even put some superglue on the balljoint of it (which is the looser of its two joints) so it would be more rigid when adjusting, then I curled its cord around the cord of the AD700 and used electrical tape at end, middle and top of the cord to hold it in place as one giant cord. Rather simple. Others use just a regular stand alone boom mic and actually drill holes into their AD700 and pull wires through from inside for an even cleaner look, or make their own custom armatures for the standalone boom mic to fit in. You're bound to find some topics on different mic mods for the AD700 if you keep looking.post #19 of 2310/30/12 at 12:16pmpost #20 of 232/9/13 at 5:10pm
Hey guys, Im just wondering about the whole 5.1 dolby set up thing? does this actually have a better soundstage than pro headphones? they have more drivers right? and as such should be able to do some things better. I have a pair of AKG K550's which have a sweet sound-stage and was wodnering how they would compare to say the best of Triton etc.post #21 of 232/11/13 at 2:13pm
Double thread necro!
Long story short, multiple-driver headsets suck. Avoid them. You'd get a better result out of stereo headphones with a decent soundstage and Dolby Headphone or some other sort of virtual surround mixing.post #22 of 239/28/13 at 2:19am
Hello, im sorry to ressurect the topic, but im interest on buying a headset/headphone...
I was going to buy an astro a40 at the start, but many people say it is a lot expensive and its not worth.
Ive read on some topics here that the dt 770 pro + astro mixamp would be good, but the mixamp where i live is expensive and the dt 770pro is like 800$ where i live(believe me) =/
My question really is, i can buy a zalman mic for my dt 770pro, but i wouldnt buy the mixamp now, the sound will be good with the dt770pro or it really need an amplifier?( i know i need the mixamp from astro or another one to use on xbox/ps3 right?)
Im about to buy the 720+ from tritton, but many people say it breaks easily... And the dt770pro can be a lot better.
And another question appear, if i dont have an amplifier, the 720+ will sound better?
I would love new suggestions. Maybe the ath-ad700 is better without amp?
Btw, im from Brazil, im sorry about my poor english.
Have a nice day,
Edited by famibica - 9/28/13 at 2:33am
- Gaming Headphones for PC/Xbox360/PS3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 11 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 2 minutes ago
- › SchiitShow 2015 Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 5 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2