I will used AP to test some data, which can describe why a amp can improve the sound quality. of course, it is just an objective way and does not means all.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 8/16/11
- productFiio E3 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/16/11
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/18/11
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/16/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/16/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- amp for Ipod & IEM? Last post on 6/5/12 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E5 vs. E1 vs. E3 - Review, Overview, with Videos included! Last post on 1/22/12 at 3:04am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fake FiiO Warning Last post on 1/16/11 at 10:22am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E5 or Gary's PA2V2? Last post on 9/27/10 at 9:25am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which IEMs would you suggest that don't exceed ~$80? (details listed) Last post on 9/25/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
DOI: I don't get to listen to new gear a lot so I may not be any use at answering questions about comparisons to anything other than my own stuff (which may or may not be considered esoteric). I...
Just on sound quality, meh. It's very quiet, and detailed, but on my main headphones, AKG K712, the mid-treble balance is just too bright. The bass is nice and deep and honest, and midrange is OK,...
Review under construction.
It might be one of your favorite cans if you pay an intense listen to them for a few hours. Really its a steal while you might get it for 60ish or 80ish. I got mine for 75 ish. I still wonder why...
The MEE Audio RX18P was sent to me from MEE Audio with the intention to compare it to some of the most popular Chinese budget offerings and let Mike know the result of my findings. The ida was not...
FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page) - Page 6post #76 of 6038/22/11 at 6:15pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 6038/22/11 at 10:53pm
I'm sure this question has already been answered, but being the noob I pretty much am, I'm still going to ask: Is it going to be louder than e5? If so, how much?
to feiaio, what stores will it be hitting first?post #78 of 6038/22/11 at 11:16pmThread Starter
It is definitely louder than E5, but I can't tell you how much at teh moment as I have yet to measure it myself. Will update in a few days as I am trying to finish up the review.post #79 of 6038/22/11 at 11:22pmQuote:
Looking forward to it! I might consider putting one more into my collection.post #80 of 6038/23/11 at 1:06ampost #81 of 6038/23/11 at 1:10ampost #82 of 6038/23/11 at 4:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by feiao
We had shipped E6 to most of our agent all over the world. plz contact one local seller who listed in our website www.fiio.com.cn
Well that's a problem for me. I live in Sweden and the only store you have on your site doesn't have the latest products, so I always have to find it somewhere else.post #83 of 6038/23/11 at 7:13pmpost #84 of 6038/23/11 at 8:40pmQuote:
sony walkmans are usually very weak, atleast from my experience. I'd buy a sansa clip+ and a fiio e6. Epic sound. (If the e6 sounds anything like e5)post #85 of 6038/24/11 at 7:50am
Same problem in the U.S. it seems no one has them listed as for sale yet.Quote:post #86 of 6038/24/11 at 5:11pm
i have the clip and its ok for what it offers but in my ears the walkman that i have is better, more puncher/ tad detailed. anyways hope to know aswell is it the same sound sign. as e5?Quote:post #87 of 6038/24/11 at 6:34pmQuote:
ClieOS clearly said that the e6 is better than e5, and knowing that fiio's gear never lets down, I have a hard time thinking the e6 is a let down.post #88 of 6038/24/11 at 8:29pmThread Starterpost #89 of 6038/25/11 at 12:07am
Thanks for the review. The best point of the E6 is that it seems to get rid of the low bass roll off that the E5 featured no matter the load. Thus to get a ruler flat frequency off balanced armatures the E6 seems to be the cheapest way (May be that's the reason for the Westone bundle).
If it just keeps up in distortion (Which apparently do) and it improves a bit the crosstalk performance of the E6 it might be a really strong bang for the buck gadget.
Edited by elfary - 8/25/11 at 2:58am
- FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 58 seconds ago
- › The Sub-$200 Portable Amps Shootout – 13 (+11) amps compared 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › FS: Manni's Head-Fi Sell Off! 2 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions Thread. VSonic's answer to Sony's EX1000??? 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio E10 repair 3 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 4 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 5 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW]: Noble Audio Kaiser 10: 10-driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitor 6 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Orion by daduy
- › 64 Audio (1964 Ears) ADEL U6 by Brooko
- › Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones by Docjitters
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by eriksq
- › MusicMaker TK13 by Paulpark222
- › Philips SHP9500 by Mosauwer
- › MEE Audio RX18 Comfort-Fit In-Ear Headphones with Enhanced Bass... by peter123
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse