I will used AP to test some data, which can describe why a amp can improve the sound quality. of course, it is just an objective way and does not means all.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 8/16/11
- productFiio E3 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/16/11
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/18/11
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/16/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/16/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- amp for Ipod & IEM? Last post on 6/5/12 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E5 vs. E1 vs. E3 - Review, Overview, with Videos included! Last post on 1/22/12 at 3:04am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fake FiiO Warning Last post on 1/16/11 at 10:22am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E5 or Gary's PA2V2? Last post on 9/27/10 at 9:25am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which IEMs would you suggest that don't exceed ~$80? (details listed) Last post on 9/25/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
IntroductionWhen I first reviewed Schiit Audio's original Modi/Vali stack many moons ago, I walked away very impressed to say the least. Not only was it a cost effective solution for the budding...
1. Introduction The Prophile-8, a 8 balanced armature in-ear monitor, is the new flagship from well-established German brand In-ear. So far the brand had an offering going from 2 to 4 driver...
Video Review It's not unusual to find a headphone or IEM manufacturer to branch out into making their own amps, and then their own cables, but Ken Ball is one of two people who have gone in...
Warm, good sounding player with no harshness. Spacious and natural sound. Easy to listen for long time without any fatigue. Fiio x5 II sounds more neutral and analytical with harshness on upper...
FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page) - Page 6post #76 of 6118/22/11 at 6:15pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 6118/22/11 at 10:53pm
I'm sure this question has already been answered, but being the noob I pretty much am, I'm still going to ask: Is it going to be louder than e5? If so, how much?
to feiaio, what stores will it be hitting first?post #78 of 6118/22/11 at 11:16pmThread Starter
It is definitely louder than E5, but I can't tell you how much at teh moment as I have yet to measure it myself. Will update in a few days as I am trying to finish up the review.post #79 of 6118/22/11 at 11:22pmQuote:
Looking forward to it! I might consider putting one more into my collection.post #80 of 6118/23/11 at 1:06ampost #81 of 6118/23/11 at 1:10ampost #82 of 6118/23/11 at 4:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by feiao
We had shipped E6 to most of our agent all over the world. plz contact one local seller who listed in our website www.fiio.com.cn
Well that's a problem for me. I live in Sweden and the only store you have on your site doesn't have the latest products, so I always have to find it somewhere else.post #83 of 6118/23/11 at 7:13pmpost #84 of 6118/23/11 at 8:40pmQuote:
sony walkmans are usually very weak, atleast from my experience. I'd buy a sansa clip+ and a fiio e6. Epic sound. (If the e6 sounds anything like e5)post #85 of 6118/24/11 at 7:50am
Same problem in the U.S. it seems no one has them listed as for sale yet.Quote:post #86 of 6118/24/11 at 5:11pm
i have the clip and its ok for what it offers but in my ears the walkman that i have is better, more puncher/ tad detailed. anyways hope to know aswell is it the same sound sign. as e5?Quote:post #87 of 6118/24/11 at 6:34pmQuote:
ClieOS clearly said that the e6 is better than e5, and knowing that fiio's gear never lets down, I have a hard time thinking the e6 is a let down.post #88 of 6118/24/11 at 8:29pmThread Starterpost #89 of 6118/25/11 at 12:07am
Thanks for the review. The best point of the E6 is that it seems to get rid of the low bass roll off that the E5 featured no matter the load. Thus to get a ruler flat frequency off balanced armatures the E6 seems to be the cheapest way (May be that's the reason for the Westone bundle).
If it just keeps up in distortion (Which apparently do) and it improves a bit the crosstalk performance of the E6 it might be a really strong bang for the buck gadget.
Edited by elfary - 8/25/11 at 2:58am
- FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 46 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z3 Audio Quality 3 minutes ago
- › New Year - New Gear! What are you looking to get in 2017? 3 minutes ago
- › Philadelphia Area Meet, January 29, 2017 - NO Football that weekend! 3 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 Amp recommendations? 4 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 6 minutes ago
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear