- 16 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 8/16/11
- productFiio E3 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/16/11
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/18/11
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/16/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/16/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- amp for Ipod & IEM? Last post on 6/5/12 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E5 vs. E1 vs. E3 - Review, Overview, with Videos included! Last post on 1/22/12 at 3:04am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fake FiiO Warning Last post on 1/16/11 at 10:22am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E5 or Gary's PA2V2? Last post on 9/27/10 at 9:25am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which IEMs would you suggest that don't exceed ~$80? (details listed) Last post on 9/25/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon to...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page) - Page 25post #361 of 60512/5/12 at 10:17amk plz tell me which fiio amp has loudest volume output...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #362 of 60512/5/12 at 10:24amThread Starter
The loudest FiiO are E17 and the new E07k, both with +12dB at max gain.post #363 of 60512/5/12 at 10:30ampost #364 of 60512/5/12 at 6:31pmThread Starterpost #365 of 60512/5/12 at 8:44pmpost #366 of 60512/5/12 at 10:33pmThread StarterQuote:
There are plenty of choices. Just look into the links in my signature.post #367 of 60512/28/12 at 7:14ampost #368 of 60512/28/12 at 7:26amQuote:
Are you charging from the computer or from a wall charger?post #369 of 6051/1/13 at 10:18pmpost #370 of 6051/1/13 at 10:19pmpost #371 of 6051/2/13 at 12:14amThread StarterQuote:
Generally speaking, using LOD avoid issue of increase noise due to double amping. However, if the source has a clean headphone-out with very low noise, double amping is fine as well.post #372 of 6051/2/13 at 10:42am
which meant when the portable amp is connected....at the same time i close all the EQ and sound enchantment on my mp4....
the sq output of the amp is almost same with using LOD right....??
thanks for your previous replay....post #373 of 6051/3/13 at 4:43amThread StarterQuote:
For the best result, yes, close all the EQ and set the volume high, then use the amp to control the volume.post #374 of 6051/3/13 at 6:43am
New to portable ampifiers and came upon this thread for the E6. I am wondering if it would be a worthwhile purchase for me. I have an iphone 5, a pair of Shure SE215 limited editions IEM's, and the Klipsch Image Ones. Mostly listen to HQ downloads through the Rhapsody app so I have no equalizer capabilities on the iPhone. And I find the Image Ones to be pretty bass heavy while the Shures are fine in that category. Will the E6 make a difference given my situation? Are the EQ settings worth having?post #375 of 6051/3/13 at 7:12amQuote:Originally Posted by gtcharlie
New to portable ampifiers and came upon this thread for the E6. I am wondering if it would be a worthwhile purchase for me. I have an iphone 5, a pair of Shure SE215 limited editions IEM's, and the Klipsch Image Ones. Mostly listen to HQ downloads through the Rhapsody app so I have no equalizer capabilities on the iPhone. And I find the Image Ones to be pretty bass heavy while the Shures are fine in that category. Will the E6 make a difference given my situation? Are the EQ settings worth having?
The EQ settings are flawed, IMO. It's best used on the flat setting.
- FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Audio Technica ATH-M50 vs Sennheiser HD 429s vs Sennheiser HD 335s... 46 seconds ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 1 minute ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › peter123's reviews, planned reviews, first impressions and... 8 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 9 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 9 minutes ago
- › 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1,... 11 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 11 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 11 minutes ago
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...