- 16 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 8/16/11
- productFiio E3 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/16/11
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/18/11
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/16/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/16/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- amp for Ipod & IEM? Last post on 6/5/12 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E5 vs. E1 vs. E3 - Review, Overview, with Videos included! Last post on 1/22/12 at 3:04am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fake FiiO Warning Last post on 1/16/11 at 10:22am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E5 or Gary's PA2V2? Last post on 9/27/10 at 9:25am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which IEMs would you suggest that don't exceed ~$80? (details listed) Last post on 9/25/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content here may be a no-brainer for most but is just there for the less-informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
Looking for earbuds can be kind of a nightmare. So many players in the game, so much variety in terms of sound, design, features, and price. I don't want to spend a lot of money since they're used...
I've been into vinyl previously but in the mid-90's, sold my high end VPI table and never looked back. I ended up recently with a bunch of new records and nothing to play them on, and decided to...
FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page) - Page 25post #361 of 60812/5/12 at 10:17amk plz tell me which fiio amp has loudest volume output...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #362 of 60812/5/12 at 10:24amThread Starter
The loudest FiiO are E17 and the new E07k, both with +12dB at max gain.post #363 of 60812/5/12 at 10:30ampost #364 of 60812/5/12 at 6:31pmThread Starterpost #365 of 60812/5/12 at 8:44pmpost #366 of 60812/5/12 at 10:33pmThread StarterQuote:
There are plenty of choices. Just look into the links in my signature.post #367 of 60812/28/12 at 7:14ampost #368 of 60812/28/12 at 7:26amQuote:
Are you charging from the computer or from a wall charger?post #369 of 6081/1/13 at 10:18pmpost #370 of 6081/1/13 at 10:19pmpost #371 of 6081/2/13 at 12:14amThread StarterQuote:
Generally speaking, using LOD avoid issue of increase noise due to double amping. However, if the source has a clean headphone-out with very low noise, double amping is fine as well.post #372 of 6081/2/13 at 10:42am
which meant when the portable amp is connected....at the same time i close all the EQ and sound enchantment on my mp4....
the sq output of the amp is almost same with using LOD right....??
thanks for your previous replay....post #373 of 6081/3/13 at 4:43amThread StarterQuote:
For the best result, yes, close all the EQ and set the volume high, then use the amp to control the volume.post #374 of 6081/3/13 at 6:43am
New to portable ampifiers and came upon this thread for the E6. I am wondering if it would be a worthwhile purchase for me. I have an iphone 5, a pair of Shure SE215 limited editions IEM's, and the Klipsch Image Ones. Mostly listen to HQ downloads through the Rhapsody app so I have no equalizer capabilities on the iPhone. And I find the Image Ones to be pretty bass heavy while the Shures are fine in that category. Will the E6 make a difference given my situation? Are the EQ settings worth having?post #375 of 6081/3/13 at 7:12amQuote:Originally Posted by gtcharlie
New to portable ampifiers and came upon this thread for the E6. I am wondering if it would be a worthwhile purchase for me. I have an iphone 5, a pair of Shure SE215 limited editions IEM's, and the Klipsch Image Ones. Mostly listen to HQ downloads through the Rhapsody app so I have no equalizer capabilities on the iPhone. And I find the Image Ones to be pretty bass heavy while the Shures are fine in that category. Will the E6 make a difference given my situation? Are the EQ settings worth having?
The EQ settings are flawed, IMO. It's best used on the flat setting.
- FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › ATH Msr7 vs Fidelio L2 35 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Flagship Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › Who has the best packaging? 3 minutes ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 3 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-1000 gone... replacement recommendation? 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 6 minutes ago
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...