- 16 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 8/16/11
- productFiio E3 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/16/11
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/18/11
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/16/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/16/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- amp for Ipod & IEM? Last post on 6/5/12 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E5 vs. E1 vs. E3 - Review, Overview, with Videos included! Last post on 1/22/12 at 3:04am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fake FiiO Warning Last post on 1/16/11 at 10:22am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E5 or Gary's PA2V2? Last post on 9/27/10 at 9:25am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which IEMs would you suggest that don't exceed ~$80? (details listed) Last post on 9/25/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page) - Page 25post #361 of 61112/5/12 at 10:17amk plz tell me which fiio amp has loudest volume output...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #362 of 61112/5/12 at 10:24amThread Starter
The loudest FiiO are E17 and the new E07k, both with +12dB at max gain.post #363 of 61112/5/12 at 10:30ampost #364 of 61112/5/12 at 6:31pmThread Starterpost #365 of 61112/5/12 at 8:44pmpost #366 of 61112/5/12 at 10:33pmThread StarterQuote:
There are plenty of choices. Just look into the links in my signature.post #367 of 61112/28/12 at 7:14ampost #368 of 61112/28/12 at 7:26amQuote:
Are you charging from the computer or from a wall charger?post #369 of 6111/1/13 at 10:18pmpost #370 of 6111/1/13 at 10:19pmpost #371 of 6111/2/13 at 12:14amThread StarterQuote:
Generally speaking, using LOD avoid issue of increase noise due to double amping. However, if the source has a clean headphone-out with very low noise, double amping is fine as well.post #372 of 6111/2/13 at 10:42am
which meant when the portable amp is connected....at the same time i close all the EQ and sound enchantment on my mp4....
the sq output of the amp is almost same with using LOD right....??
thanks for your previous replay....post #373 of 6111/3/13 at 4:43amThread StarterQuote:
For the best result, yes, close all the EQ and set the volume high, then use the amp to control the volume.post #374 of 6111/3/13 at 6:43am
New to portable ampifiers and came upon this thread for the E6. I am wondering if it would be a worthwhile purchase for me. I have an iphone 5, a pair of Shure SE215 limited editions IEM's, and the Klipsch Image Ones. Mostly listen to HQ downloads through the Rhapsody app so I have no equalizer capabilities on the iPhone. And I find the Image Ones to be pretty bass heavy while the Shures are fine in that category. Will the E6 make a difference given my situation? Are the EQ settings worth having?post #375 of 6111/3/13 at 7:12amQuote:Originally Posted by gtcharlie
New to portable ampifiers and came upon this thread for the E6. I am wondering if it would be a worthwhile purchase for me. I have an iphone 5, a pair of Shure SE215 limited editions IEM's, and the Klipsch Image Ones. Mostly listen to HQ downloads through the Rhapsody app so I have no equalizer capabilities on the iPhone. And I find the Image Ones to be pretty bass heavy while the Shures are fine in that category. Will the E6 make a difference given my situation? Are the EQ settings worth having?
The EQ settings are flawed, IMO. It's best used on the flat setting.
- FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 3 seconds ago
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 57 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK T8iE MkⅡ(Impressions and discussions thread) 1 minute ago
- › FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240... 3 minutes ago
- › How Many Times Have Your LCD3 Headphones Been Returned to Audeze... 4 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 4 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 11 minutes ago
- › Supra Cables Lorad (see detailed pricing) 12 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear