I bought some modified Shure E5c with the 535 plug. Thought this would be great but I'm having the same issue and I don't use these for the gym. For me however, it only happens when i move the wire. So as long as its secured and im listening to the music its not happening, but if i turn or tap the wire with my hand it crackles. Lucky for me I only spent $200 bux and they were new. I would be royally pissed if I paid 500 bucks. Shure really poorly engineered this plug.
- categoryCablestagged by System, 8/10/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/10/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 8/10/11
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Lightweight 1/8" stereo plug for shure se535 cable suggestions Last post on 9/28/11 at 5:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Advice on Shure SE535 earphones Last post on 12/17/11 at 9:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 replacement cable Last post on 6/1/16 at 5:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 vs Sennheiser IE8: What to buy? Last post on 9/8/12 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Hi End Cables
Last edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
-Introduction- Edit: It's been brought to my attention by the Shozy team that the Sound Blaster E3 does not play nicely with the Zero. I will be re-evaluating it paired from different devices...
So I am fairly new to the audio world. The Monoprice 8323 was my second purchase on starting to get into headphones (after Superlux HD681 EVOs). I have had these headphones for about 6 months...
LEAR LHF-AE1d Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to LEAR for the sample. Brief: All of da pretty and they sound just as good too! Price: HK$1488 or atm £146 or...
The Edifier MP700 Rave Introduction Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I'd watched the growth of MEE Audio over the years, first as Meelectronics, and then more recently as...
Sound cutting out on Shure SE 535s - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 634/10/13 at 9:37ampost #48 of 636/13/13 at 4:11pm
OK I took the plunge and bought some WD-40 silicone lubricant spray. Sprayed some on a q-tip , and rubbed it into the socket. All the crackle is gone. Yeah buddy! Now I can enjoy the headphones again.post #49 of 636/13/13 at 6:27pmpost #50 of 639/18/13 at 2:39am
I've found a quick and dirty fix for sound cutting out.
Swap the ear buds round - plug the left earbud into the right cable - and visa versa.
Instantly fixed it for me - still good a few weeks later. It might even work again when you swap it back round later. Definitely bought me more time though.
If the cable is more than 4 or 5 months old that might also be worn out. Worth trying a new one (I like the one with the volume & stop/start/skip control on).
Also avoid moisture, rain, sweat - all gets in that connector.
Edited by niico100 - 9/18/13 at 2:45ampost #51 of 6311/17/13 at 4:46ampost #52 of 631/29/14 at 7:15pm
I have been looking into this very fault with my 535s, I ordered a new lead as it had wire strands poking out near the connector (and I wanted an iPhone lead anyway) but then the left ear started working intermittently. I phoned Shure UK and spoke to a very friendly lady but bottom line for me is I needed to buy an exchange bud as I was over the two year warranty... This is on the back of having two sets of the 530s fail due to the cable, one was replaced under the two year warranty but my second set failed just after the warranty expired. I ended up buying the just released 535s as fed up with crap cable design of the 530s. Not at all happy with the build quality due to these issues.
Now I have the option to buy a new bud OR a new set of 535s as who knows when the right side will fail which, to buy both at different times would be more expensive than a new full set inc cable! OR go for the SE 846.....But if the reliability is anything to go by how can I trust the 846s will be ANY better (not sound wise).
Do I jump ship and go for a different manufacturer of high end IEM because this has left me with a very bad taste in my mouth.
Anyway I took the cover off the bud and found a foil is used to connect the driver units to the input plug. This foil has a double internal track which has fractured causing the continuity loss. If I gently move the foil, the driver starts to work, but as the foil is so flimsy, it is not possible to solder a strand of wire to make a good connection, I would have to strip it back to the driver resistor pack which is too difficult for my massive hands and very limited for space.
What to do??.post #53 of 6311/9/14 at 6:57pm
I was having this same issue with a pair of SE215's. I just wanted to comment that the "WD-40" cleaning did the trick for me quite well. Was sitting here pissed that the right ear would not work if I moved my head lol so I looked online, found this thread, tried it and it worked perfectly. I am sure it's not permanent but it will work good enough till I have time to ship them back to Shure. Thanks!post #54 of 632/16/15 at 1:45pm
I am having this issue currently, and I am debating whether to try to the WD-40 trick or just sending them back. They are within warranty, but I can't send them back because I have had them for 6 months. I have replaced the cable, but did not work for me at all. Switching the drivers works and then the switch back sort of works, but it is a deal breaker. Not sure what to do about this.post #55 of 632/16/15 at 2:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by freeryder05
I am having this issue currently, and I am debating whether to try to the WD-40 trick or just sending them back. They are within warranty, but I can't send them back because I have had them for 6 months. I have replaced the cable, but did not work for me at all. Switching the drivers works and then the switch back sort of works, but it is a deal breaker. Not sure what to do about this.
if they are within warrenty i would send them back if they were mine but thats just mepost #56 of 632/16/15 at 8:04pmpost #57 of 632/16/15 at 8:38pmpost #58 of 634/17/15 at 2:24amSame here witj se535s and left ear problems. I tried left-right swap thing it fixed for like 2 weeks but now im back to sq one. I got them for more than 2 years for sure so i believe waranty is out for sure.I also didnt use them for exercise much so i dont think its sweat or anything. I dont think there is much more to do. Its really stupid considering how much they cost.post #59 of 634/17/15 at 11:16am
it is the mmcx connection i hate it, well its more like a love hate relationship but i love the 2 pins....all i can say is anyone who still has the warrenty on the se535 make sure to keep it and use it if need it. def.post #60 of 639/15/15 at 10:14am
I had the same issue with two pairs of SE215s, both with the left ear. I sent the first one in for repair and UPS lost it (although they claimed they hadn't). With the second pair (my current), I noticed oxidization on the copper connectors inside the cable and in the earphone itself (greenish plaque). This was the cause of the problem -- cleaning it with orange cleaner restored the sound and resolved the issue.
I cleaner it by pouring a big of the cleaner into the connector side of the earphone and using a needle to lightly scratch the metal. Then soaked it up/cleaned it with toilet paper and the needle. Did the same thing for the cable side as well, obviously.
Hope this helps others as well!
Edited by dukepeter - 9/15/15 at 10:15amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sound cutting out on Shure SE 535s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 4 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 36 seconds ago
- › For Sale: Noble Audio Savant (Price Drop) 41 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2016 Impressions Thread (August 13-14, 2016) 2 minutes ago
- › CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8.2 and Ei.XX 2 minutes ago
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Edifier Rave MP700 by dnun8086
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Brooko
- › Edifier P220 In-Ear Chrome Design Headphones With Microphone - Blue by Hisoundfi
- › EasGear Morul U5 Waterproof Wireless Earbuds by James Mash
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by Pastapipo
- › YHC S600 by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...