Creative aurvana live or goldring ns1000 is what you want ns1000 are £50 on play the aurvana live are more or less re badged denon d1001's and are around £55 both cans hard to beat in the £50 area and both closed.
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 8/8/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 8/8/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/8/11
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 8/8/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Last post on 8/28/11 at 11:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which impedance for DT770? Last post on 12/5/10 at 9:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Worried about durability, D2000 vs DT770 Last post on 11/16/10 at 1:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO THOUGHTS Last post on 2/5/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyerdynamic DT-770 Pre (600 Ohm) Impressions Last post on 9/30/11 at 9:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Budget audiophile brand Brainwavz Audio is back at it, closing out 2016 and kicking off 2017 with a bevy of new earphone offerings. Their timing was just right. Shortly before leaving for an...
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
very picky customer needs help buying IN THE UK - Page 11
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 1868/13/11 at 6:37pmpost #153 of 1868/13/11 at 7:49pmpost #154 of 1868/13/11 at 7:56pm
Strongly 100% recommend the Sony V6. It is the most comfortable headphone I have ever owned. Not to mention they sound pretty amazing. (My gf currently has them on right now and is dancing and spinning around in her chair.. I kid you not.)
Edited by roma101 - 8/13/11 at 7:57pmpost #155 of 1868/13/11 at 8:47pmQuote:
The name itself is a sin They're like beats, but somehow disguised.post #156 of 1868/13/11 at 8:54pmQuote:
Sony has released A LOT of new studio models recently, like the MDR-7520 which are a very nice successor to the V6, except expensive.
There's also the ZX700, which is cheap.post #157 of 1868/14/11 at 12:24amThread Starter
At the mo i'm looking at a pair of Beyer DT770s on the FS forum / several pairs on ebay!
I would rather have something more portable, but comfort is NUMBER ONE PRIORITY.
Both of those shops local to me are closed Sundays :/ But i will get somewhere to test drive these, at some point before purchase!post #158 of 1868/14/11 at 12:52amThread Starter
Though with more reading, the DT770 have more bass than i need...
Its the comfort i'm most after but i also dont want a set of cans wot hurt my ears inside either. I dont need explosions on tv shows blowing my ears off, iykwim.
Edited by leoniedelt - 8/14/11 at 1:45ampost #159 of 1868/14/11 at 1:47amThread Starterpost #160 of 1868/14/11 at 1:59ampost #161 of 1868/14/11 at 5:02pmQuote:
Haven't tried others although I'm pretty sure the ZX700's clamp from others' impressions. I recommend the V6 because it has virtually no clamp whatsoever. They tend to hug/ conform to your head and ears nicely and disappear off your head. Better comfort than even triports that I've tried. At least that's been my experience. Would love to try out some beyer pads to enhance the comfort!
The only drawback is the coiled cable in a portable setting. I still use them as long as I have a bag for the cable to go in, but if you're not using them in a portable scenario, then it's a no-brainer. V6's are my number one recommendation for the OP's price point.
EDIT: OP, so I have just read this whole thread and am thoroughly convinced that the Sony V6 is the headphone for you. I, like you, am a female with a small noggin and throughout my time here on head-fi (which stretches a lot longer than my sign-up date), I too have been looking for Bose Triport comfort, but of course with better sound quality. Believe me when I say the V6 sounds much better (and I listen to rock along with all genres but mostly 80's rock) and is more comfortable than the triports. They also have better build quality. Do a search on them in regards to using them with Beyerdynamic DT250 replacement earpads. Apparently they feel even more phenomenal.
Again, the only drawback is the coiled chord but... IMHO it's minor and worth it for the comfort and sound.
Edited by roma101 - 8/14/11 at 5:56pmpost #162 of 1868/14/11 at 7:48pm
One more recommendation: Sennheiser HD428. Exceptionally comfortable and lightweight with very good SQ and no coiled cable to speak of which makes them more portable than the V6 although the V6 isolates more. I'd suggest trying them out if you have the opportunity.
Edited by roma101 - 8/14/11 at 8:48pmpost #163 of 1868/14/11 at 7:57pmpost #164 of 1868/14/11 at 9:35pmpost #165 of 1868/15/11 at 1:01amThread Starter
roflmao @ Indiana Jones, awesome!
Thanks, Roma101, i appreciate your input.
As i posted yesterday on the other thread, i did end up in a Bose shop yesterday (!!!) - i didnt know i lived twenty minutes' walk from one. And i played with the AE2s again. And again, i swear I have never, ever in my life felt comfort like it. Several youtube unboxings show how very different the AE2s are from the standard triports. I've never tried a triport but the AE2s are amazing.
The kids say they want to go in town today and go see Superfi so with any luck, I'll get to look at Sony V6s? And Beyers and all sorts. And then i will know for certain.
Plus my eldest, who is almost 8, is looking for something more comfortable than her cans (which she uses with her DS) because hers do to her ears around her glasses *exactly* what mine do to my ears! Her ears are rather large for a child and stick out quite far, so normal 'child' headphones are supra-aural for her, even if they're not intended to be!
Edited by leoniedelt - 8/15/11 at 1:04am
- very picky customer needs help buying IN THE UK
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 17 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 1 minute ago
- › New BA IEMs from Brainwavz? 2 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 3 minutes ago
- › Shozy Alien+ 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by SoundApprentice
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear