Creative aurvana live or goldring ns1000 is what you want ns1000 are £50 on play the aurvana live are more or less re badged denon d1001's and are around £55 both cans hard to beat in the £50 area and both closed.
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 8/8/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 8/8/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/8/11
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 8/8/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Last post on 8/28/11 at 11:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which impedance for DT770? Last post on 12/5/10 at 9:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Worried about durability, D2000 vs DT770 Last post on 11/16/10 at 1:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO THOUGHTS Last post on 10/2/11 at 1:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- beyerdynamic DT-770 Pre (600 Ohm) Impressions Last post on 9/30/11 at 9:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Q-audio French Silk Aftermarket Cable for MrSpeakers Alpha Dog INTRODUCTION I have spent a little over two months with the Alpha Dogs and its stock cable. About one month into the journey...
This will be a short synopsis of my findings after a few weeks with these. What they come with: First of all, they are shipped with a good deal of extras, including a longer studio-aimed cord,...
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
very picky customer needs help buying IN THE UK - Page 11
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 1868/13/11 at 6:37pmpost #153 of 1868/13/11 at 7:49pmpost #154 of 1868/13/11 at 7:56pm
Strongly 100% recommend the Sony V6. It is the most comfortable headphone I have ever owned. Not to mention they sound pretty amazing. (My gf currently has them on right now and is dancing and spinning around in her chair.. I kid you not.)
Edited by roma101 - 8/13/11 at 7:57pmpost #155 of 1868/13/11 at 8:47pmQuote:
The name itself is a sin They're like beats, but somehow disguised.post #156 of 1868/13/11 at 8:54pmQuote:
Sony has released A LOT of new studio models recently, like the MDR-7520 which are a very nice successor to the V6, except expensive.
There's also the ZX700, which is cheap.post #157 of 1868/14/11 at 12:24amThread Starter
At the mo i'm looking at a pair of Beyer DT770s on the FS forum / several pairs on ebay!
I would rather have something more portable, but comfort is NUMBER ONE PRIORITY.
Both of those shops local to me are closed Sundays :/ But i will get somewhere to test drive these, at some point before purchase!post #158 of 1868/14/11 at 12:52amThread Starter
Though with more reading, the DT770 have more bass than i need...
Its the comfort i'm most after but i also dont want a set of cans wot hurt my ears inside either. I dont need explosions on tv shows blowing my ears off, iykwim.
Edited by leoniedelt - 8/14/11 at 1:45ampost #159 of 1868/14/11 at 1:47amThread Starterpost #160 of 1868/14/11 at 1:59am
No just keep it rolling, it has momentum now. ;)post #161 of 1868/14/11 at 5:02pmQuote:
Haven't tried others although I'm pretty sure the ZX700's clamp from others' impressions. I recommend the V6 because it has virtually no clamp whatsoever. They tend to hug/ conform to your head and ears nicely and disappear off your head. Better comfort than even triports that I've tried. At least that's been my experience. Would love to try out some beyer pads to enhance the comfort!
The only drawback is the coiled cable in a portable setting. I still use them as long as I have a bag for the cable to go in, but if you're not using them in a portable scenario, then it's a no-brainer. V6's are my number one recommendation for the OP's price point.
EDIT: OP, so I have just read this whole thread and am thoroughly convinced that the Sony V6 is the headphone for you. I, like you, am a female with a small noggin and throughout my time here on head-fi (which stretches a lot longer than my sign-up date), I too have been looking for Bose Triport comfort, but of course with better sound quality. Believe me when I say the V6 sounds much better (and I listen to rock along with all genres but mostly 80's rock) and is more comfortable than the triports. They also have better build quality. Do a search on them in regards to using them with Beyerdynamic DT250 replacement earpads. Apparently they feel even more phenomenal.
Again, the only drawback is the coiled chord but... IMHO it's minor and worth it for the comfort and sound.
Edited by roma101 - 8/14/11 at 5:56pmpost #162 of 1868/14/11 at 7:48pm
One more recommendation: Sennheiser HD428. Exceptionally comfortable and lightweight with very good SQ and no coiled cable to speak of which makes them more portable than the V6 although the V6 isolates more. I'd suggest trying them out if you have the opportunity.
Edited by roma101 - 8/14/11 at 8:48pmpost #163 of 1868/14/11 at 7:57pmpost #164 of 1868/14/11 at 9:35pmpost #165 of 1868/15/11 at 1:01amThread Starter
roflmao @ Indiana Jones, awesome!
Thanks, Roma101, i appreciate your input.
As i posted yesterday on the other thread, i did end up in a Bose shop yesterday (!!!) - i didnt know i lived twenty minutes' walk from one. And i played with the AE2s again. And again, i swear I have never, ever in my life felt comfort like it. Several youtube unboxings show how very different the AE2s are from the standard triports. I've never tried a triport but the AE2s are amazing.
The kids say they want to go in town today and go see Superfi so with any luck, I'll get to look at Sony V6s? And Beyers and all sorts. And then i will know for certain.
Plus my eldest, who is almost 8, is looking for something more comfortable than her cans (which she uses with her DS) because hers do to her ears around her glasses *exactly* what mine do to my ears! Her ears are rather large for a child and stick out quite far, so normal 'child' headphones are supra-aural for her, even if they're not intended to be!
Edited by leoniedelt - 8/15/11 at 1:04am
- very picky customer needs help buying IN THE UK
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Looking for Dac with build in amp for Monitor speakers. HELP GURUS 1 minute ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 1 minute ago
- › ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Post your desktop! 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 4 minutes ago
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi