Creative aurvana live or goldring ns1000 is what you want ns1000 are £50 on play the aurvana live are more or less re badged denon d1001's and are around £55 both cans hard to beat in the £50 area and both closed.
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 8/8/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 8/8/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/8/11
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 8/8/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Last post on 8/28/11 at 11:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which impedance for DT770? Last post on 12/5/10 at 9:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Worried about durability, D2000 vs DT770 Last post on 11/16/10 at 1:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO THOUGHTS Last post on 2/5/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyerdynamic DT-770 Pre (600 Ohm) Impressions Last post on 9/30/11 at 9:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
SOUNDMAGIC E50S IN EAR MONITOR REVIEW Firstly, like to thank SoundMAGIC for supplying the E50S Review unit Features and Design The E50S is the latest in ear monitor from SoundMAGIC....
My initial impressions of this headphone were good, but it has taken a week for me of careful listening to really appreciate their qualities and purpose. Ultimately, I love these headphones and...
Overview, design and build: The CKR10 is currently the flagship dynamic driver earphones from Audio Technica. I bought it used from another Head-Fi user. Packaging and accesories are simple but...
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as buffer (Current amp). It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter...
very picky customer needs help buying IN THE UK - Page 11
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 1868/13/11 at 6:37pmpost #153 of 1868/13/11 at 7:49pmpost #154 of 1868/13/11 at 7:56pm
Strongly 100% recommend the Sony V6. It is the most comfortable headphone I have ever owned. Not to mention they sound pretty amazing. (My gf currently has them on right now and is dancing and spinning around in her chair.. I kid you not.)
Edited by roma101 - 8/13/11 at 7:57pmpost #155 of 1868/13/11 at 8:47pmQuote:
The name itself is a sin They're like beats, but somehow disguised.post #156 of 1868/13/11 at 8:54pmQuote:
Sony has released A LOT of new studio models recently, like the MDR-7520 which are a very nice successor to the V6, except expensive.
There's also the ZX700, which is cheap.post #157 of 1868/14/11 at 12:24amThread Starter
At the mo i'm looking at a pair of Beyer DT770s on the FS forum / several pairs on ebay!
I would rather have something more portable, but comfort is NUMBER ONE PRIORITY.
Both of those shops local to me are closed Sundays :/ But i will get somewhere to test drive these, at some point before purchase!post #158 of 1868/14/11 at 12:52amThread Starter
Though with more reading, the DT770 have more bass than i need...
Its the comfort i'm most after but i also dont want a set of cans wot hurt my ears inside either. I dont need explosions on tv shows blowing my ears off, iykwim.
Edited by leoniedelt - 8/14/11 at 1:45ampost #159 of 1868/14/11 at 1:47amThread Starterpost #160 of 1868/14/11 at 1:59ampost #161 of 1868/14/11 at 5:02pmQuote:
Haven't tried others although I'm pretty sure the ZX700's clamp from others' impressions. I recommend the V6 because it has virtually no clamp whatsoever. They tend to hug/ conform to your head and ears nicely and disappear off your head. Better comfort than even triports that I've tried. At least that's been my experience. Would love to try out some beyer pads to enhance the comfort!
The only drawback is the coiled cable in a portable setting. I still use them as long as I have a bag for the cable to go in, but if you're not using them in a portable scenario, then it's a no-brainer. V6's are my number one recommendation for the OP's price point.
EDIT: OP, so I have just read this whole thread and am thoroughly convinced that the Sony V6 is the headphone for you. I, like you, am a female with a small noggin and throughout my time here on head-fi (which stretches a lot longer than my sign-up date), I too have been looking for Bose Triport comfort, but of course with better sound quality. Believe me when I say the V6 sounds much better (and I listen to rock along with all genres but mostly 80's rock) and is more comfortable than the triports. They also have better build quality. Do a search on them in regards to using them with Beyerdynamic DT250 replacement earpads. Apparently they feel even more phenomenal.
Again, the only drawback is the coiled chord but... IMHO it's minor and worth it for the comfort and sound.
Edited by roma101 - 8/14/11 at 5:56pmpost #162 of 1868/14/11 at 7:48pm
One more recommendation: Sennheiser HD428. Exceptionally comfortable and lightweight with very good SQ and no coiled cable to speak of which makes them more portable than the V6 although the V6 isolates more. I'd suggest trying them out if you have the opportunity.
Edited by roma101 - 8/14/11 at 8:48pmpost #163 of 1868/14/11 at 7:57pmpost #164 of 1868/14/11 at 9:35pmpost #165 of 1868/15/11 at 1:01amThread Starter
roflmao @ Indiana Jones, awesome!
Thanks, Roma101, i appreciate your input.
As i posted yesterday on the other thread, i did end up in a Bose shop yesterday (!!!) - i didnt know i lived twenty minutes' walk from one. And i played with the AE2s again. And again, i swear I have never, ever in my life felt comfort like it. Several youtube unboxings show how very different the AE2s are from the standard triports. I've never tried a triport but the AE2s are amazing.
The kids say they want to go in town today and go see Superfi so with any luck, I'll get to look at Sony V6s? And Beyers and all sorts. And then i will know for certain.
Plus my eldest, who is almost 8, is looking for something more comfortable than her cans (which she uses with her DS) because hers do to her ears around her glasses *exactly* what mine do to my ears! Her ears are rather large for a child and stick out quite far, so normal 'child' headphones are supra-aural for her, even if they're not intended to be!
Edited by leoniedelt - 8/15/11 at 1:04am
- very picky customer needs help buying IN THE UK
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Direct Sound Sound Extreme Isolating Headphones 9 seconds ago
- › The Opamp thread 18 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 41 seconds ago
- › Sony Xperia Z3 Audio Quality 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 3 minutes ago
- › $500 headphone suggestion for electronic 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo Black - free registered shipping worldwide 7 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 9 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 9 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2