I might, depends if i can find £119 !!!!!!!!!!!!
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 8/8/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 8/8/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/8/11
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 8/8/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Last post on 8/28/11 at 11:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which impedance for DT770? Last post on 12/5/10 at 9:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Worried about durability, D2000 vs DT770 Last post on 11/16/10 at 1:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO THOUGHTS Last post on 2/5/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyerdynamic DT-770 Pre (600 Ohm) Impressions Last post on 9/30/11 at 9:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
very picky customer needs help buying IN THE UK - Page 8post #106 of 1868/11/11 at 11:30amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 1868/11/11 at 12:42pm
Quote:Originally Posted by leoniedelt
right, so have i committed Head-fi sacrilege?
I went to Pcworld/Currys in Birmingham today, tried on all their models, and fell in love with......
Best comfiest fit out of ALL their models. The sound is LESS important to me than the fit - and they sounded fine, better than my sonys 570LPs...
That's it! Your Head-Fi license is now suspended pending a thorough review and psych evaluation!post #108 of 1868/11/11 at 12:49pmThread StarterQuote:
i swear to god i'm looking at finding a way to buy these. They were *so* comfortable, and the comfort is my BIGGEST bugbear, i'm not as interested in mids and treble and whatnot as I am in 'do they hurt my effin skull/ears' or not...
post #109 of 1868/11/11 at 12:58pmThread Starter
can anyone else beat the comfort of these?
The HD555s were effin enormous.
The Sonys XB700s were huge and basey.
The noise cancelling Sonys did nothing for me (and were v pricy)
Beats by Dr Dre were meh, and not very comfortable
Neither were the Skullcandys
so.... Bose AE2 it was - the most comfortable pair of cans i've ever tried on. Okay, with time they might ache me as well, but i dont know that, and i'd have to buy-n-try i guess!!post #110 of 1868/11/11 at 1:23pmThread Starterpost #111 of 1868/11/11 at 7:41pm
Still a bit unsure? I personally, still suggest the Sennheisers. It's true they're a bit on the large side, but they're highly adjustable, so they'll fit a wide variety of head sizes.post #112 of 1868/12/11 at 12:12amThread Starter
The senns were in a box, it is true. I didnt get to try them on. I did look at them carefully, cos i recognised the model num as one that was suggested on this thread.
But they're effin HUGE, and i am a female, not necessarily wanting to get bogged down in a pair of cans bigger than my own cranium!
TBH their size frightened me off :/post #113 of 1868/12/11 at 1:19am
The Sennheiser 555 is just big so that the cushion goes around your ears, instead of pressing in on them. They've got a very decent chance of being comfy--I would know, I just switched to a pair of specs with big, plastic arms and now headphone comfort is a bigger concern than ever before.
Does the store have a return policy? Maybe you could get the 555 and try it for a week.post #114 of 1868/12/11 at 1:22amThread Starter
Yeah, its Pcworld/Currys in town (Birmingham, UK) - their return policy will be whatever their standard is. They also sell 2 and 3 year replacement policies too.
If i had asked, they'd have unboxed a pair of 555s for me - they offered to. But i fell in love with how the Bose felt, so i didnt ask :/
I am heading into a different town centre today, maybe i can stop in and ask the foks at that shop? We'll see.
Seriously, the Bose felt.so.gooooood - truly.post #115 of 1868/12/11 at 1:31am
Sure, I don't doubt that, it's just that part of why it felt comfy was:
a) it's light
b) it's not stiff.
Unfortunately those same 2 point are kind of linked to its build quality...which is a bit suspect, and I don't think you'd want to blow 119 pounds on something you'll have to replace or repair. Sound quality aside, I think you can do better for the money. Heck, you can do better for less.post #116 of 1868/12/11 at 3:13am
The Bose are noise-cancelling right? Was that an attractive feature to you? Because if it us, I hope you tried the noise cancelling while you were there, because in my experience it doesn't always sound good and can even give you a headache!post #117 of 1868/12/11 at 3:22ampost #118 of 1868/12/11 at 3:37amThread Starterpost #119 of 1868/12/11 at 3:48amQuote:
If you mean Etymotic, I strongly disagree.
If you mean that audio technica noise cancelling IEM, then I agree, that's the only noise cancelling product I've used that didn't make me feel weird, and it actually sounded really good for it's price.post #120 of 1868/12/11 at 3:49am
leoniedelt, just a matter of scouring ebay for second hand AE2's I guess.
Unless you wanna keep researching, which I have a hunch you do =p
- very picky customer needs help buying IN THE UK
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 17 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 23 seconds ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Noise isolation headphone recommendation for open space office 1 minute ago
- › Im new to this and would REALLY REALLY appreciate some help. 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 3 minutes ago
- › For 6BL7 tube users 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10UA universal aluminum by Saraguie
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...