Hey guys, I'm wanting to get a new pair of headphones with a built in mic for doing gaming commentaries but not really sure what I should get. The biggest problem that I have is that I have a mechanical gaming keyboard which is quite noisy, so I want a mic that will pick up my voice well, and have good quality, but hopefully wont pick up the clacking from my keyboard at all. My only other preferences are that they be closed ear (although i would gladly settle for open ear if the mic quality was what I'm looking for) and that they be under $50. Thanks in advance!
Related Forum Threads
- Best Headphones under $30 (shipped to Australia) Last post on 9/15/11 at 9:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable over the ear's for daily travel use (Budget ~ $50) Last post on 7/8/13 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mid-range comfortable headphones for daily listening Last post on 11/24/11 at 5:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- HELP KRAMER MODDING PORTAPROS? Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Samson SR-850 - What in the BLOODY HELL? Last post on 1/27/12 at 9:14am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
Looking for some headphones for gaming commentaries
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 48/7/11 at 1:42ampost #3 of 48/7/11 at 10:35amThread Starter
Hey there nakaroxx, I checked out both of those headsets you mentioned but neither one of them had a mic on them, only speakers. I'm really wanting to get a pair with a mic already on it. The one set that I'm considering is the plantronics gamecom 367, but I'm still not sure if the noise cancelling mic would be able to block out my keyboard.post #4 of 44/16/12 at 7:11pm
In fact I used to have the Gamecom™ 367, and it worked as advertised until one day the top strap broke near the middle; I traced that issue to a stress riser where the boom microphone stows. As of 16 April 2012, Plantronics® now has a Gamecom™ 380, which uses a different design of top strap to eliminate the stress riser failures of the 367/377 family; if ye're careful in your search for a vendor, a price as low as $49.99 before taxes and/or shipping may be had. ;-)
I consider the 380 a satisfactory headset for my LinUX box with a Creative Laboratories® SB0350 PCI audio card and SB0250 I/O drive, as the I/O drive's internal headphone amp will work with loads down to 8Ω (not so my Asus® CM1630 with XONAR® Essence™ STX audio, as the last has 10.7Ω source impedance in its headphone amp and therefore really wants to see ≧80Ω).
- Looking for some headphones for gaming commentaries
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 8 seconds ago
- › Israel Meet 12 seconds ago
- › Tube warmth and distortion and it's pros 16 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 54 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 59 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › SoundMAGIC HP200 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob