Hey guys, I'm wanting to get a new pair of headphones with a built in mic for doing gaming commentaries but not really sure what I should get. The biggest problem that I have is that I have a mechanical gaming keyboard which is quite noisy, so I want a mic that will pick up my voice well, and have good quality, but hopefully wont pick up the clacking from my keyboard at all. My only other preferences are that they be closed ear (although i would gladly settle for open ear if the mic quality was what I'm looking for) and that they be under $50. Thanks in advance!
Related Forum Threads
- Best Headphones under $30 (shipped to Australia) Last post on 9/15/11 at 9:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable over the ear's for daily travel use (Budget ~ $50) Last post on 7/8/13 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mid-range comfortable headphones for daily listening Last post on 11/24/11 at 5:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- HELP KRAMER MODDING PORTAPROS? Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Samson SR-850 - What in the BLOODY HELL? Last post on 1/27/12 at 9:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
Looking for some headphones for gaming commentaries
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 48/7/11 at 1:42ampost #3 of 48/7/11 at 10:35amThread Starter
Hey there nakaroxx, I checked out both of those headsets you mentioned but neither one of them had a mic on them, only speakers. I'm really wanting to get a pair with a mic already on it. The one set that I'm considering is the plantronics gamecom 367, but I'm still not sure if the noise cancelling mic would be able to block out my keyboard.post #4 of 44/16/12 at 7:11pm
In fact I used to have the Gamecom™ 367, and it worked as advertised until one day the top strap broke near the middle; I traced that issue to a stress riser where the boom microphone stows. As of 16 April 2012, Plantronics® now has a Gamecom™ 380, which uses a different design of top strap to eliminate the stress riser failures of the 367/377 family; if ye're careful in your search for a vendor, a price as low as $49.99 before taxes and/or shipping may be had. ;-)
I consider the 380 a satisfactory headset for my LinUX box with a Creative Laboratories® SB0350 PCI audio card and SB0250 I/O drive, as the I/O drive's internal headphone amp will work with loads down to 8Ω (not so my Asus® CM1630 with XONAR® Essence™ STX audio, as the last has 10.7Ω source impedance in its headphone amp and therefore really wants to see ≧80Ω).
- Looking for some headphones for gaming commentaries
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › PRESS RELEASE: Sennheiser at IFA 2014 - The Future of Audio 1 minute ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 1 minute ago
- › Comparison: FiiO X3 vs. iBasso DX50 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 6 minutes ago
- › Dr. Chesky's Ultimate Headphone Demonstration Disc - Head-Fi TV 10 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 10 minutes ago
- › Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014 12 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)