Hey guys, I'm wanting to get a new pair of headphones with a built in mic for doing gaming commentaries but not really sure what I should get. The biggest problem that I have is that I have a mechanical gaming keyboard which is quite noisy, so I want a mic that will pick up my voice well, and have good quality, but hopefully wont pick up the clacking from my keyboard at all. My only other preferences are that they be closed ear (although i would gladly settle for open ear if the mic quality was what I'm looking for) and that they be under $50. Thanks in advance!
Related Forum Threads
- Best Headphones under $30 (shipped to Australia) Last post on 9/15/11 at 9:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable over the ear's for daily travel use (Budget ~ $50) Last post on 7/8/13 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mid-range comfortable headphones for daily listening Last post on 11/24/11 at 5:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- HELP KRAMER MODDING PORTAPROS? Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Samson SR-850 - What in the BLOODY HELL? Last post on 2/23/15 at 4:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Creative's Sound Blaster E1 If you want to cover your bases with a do-all headphone accessory, the E1 is a good start. Affordable, well featured, inexpensive, the E1 is Creative's entry-level...
Firstly like to thank Chuck from 1964 Ears for organising the Pendulumic Stance S1+ headphones for this review. Pendulumic is a relatively new company in the headphone world, and...
Introduction: RHA is a fairly new audio company that has made quite a splash recently with their MA750 and T10 IEMs. RHA has recently announced their new T20 IEM which is due to be released...
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Looking for some headphones for gaming commentaries
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 48/7/11 at 1:42ampost #3 of 48/7/11 at 10:35amThread Starter
Hey there nakaroxx, I checked out both of those headsets you mentioned but neither one of them had a mic on them, only speakers. I'm really wanting to get a pair with a mic already on it. The one set that I'm considering is the plantronics gamecom 367, but I'm still not sure if the noise cancelling mic would be able to block out my keyboard.post #4 of 44/16/12 at 7:11pm
In fact I used to have the Gamecom™ 367, and it worked as advertised until one day the top strap broke near the middle; I traced that issue to a stress riser where the boom microphone stows. As of 16 April 2012, Plantronics® now has a Gamecom™ 380, which uses a different design of top strap to eliminate the stress riser failures of the 367/377 family; if ye're careful in your search for a vendor, a price as low as $49.99 before taxes and/or shipping may be had. ;-)
I consider the 380 a satisfactory headset for my LinUX box with a Creative Laboratories® SB0350 PCI audio card and SB0250 I/O drive, as the I/O drive's internal headphone amp will work with loads down to 8Ω (not so my Asus® CM1630 with XONAR® Essence™ STX audio, as the last has 10.7Ω source impedance in its headphone amp and therefore really wants to see ≧80Ω).
- Looking for some headphones for gaming commentaries
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser HD25 Aluminium 25th anniversary edition review 45 seconds ago
- › New Hifiman Flagship (together with Unique Melody): RE1000 1 minute ago
- › Help planning my first sitting room hi-fi setup 1 minute ago
- › FS: Stax "KGSS-A" aka Maxed out SRM-727A 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 3 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 6 minutes ago
- › Grado PS1000 Repair Question 6 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 7 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)