Hey guys, I'm wanting to get a new pair of headphones with a built in mic for doing gaming commentaries but not really sure what I should get. The biggest problem that I have is that I have a mechanical gaming keyboard which is quite noisy, so I want a mic that will pick up my voice well, and have good quality, but hopefully wont pick up the clacking from my keyboard at all. My only other preferences are that they be closed ear (although i would gladly settle for open ear if the mic quality was what I'm looking for) and that they be under $50. Thanks in advance!
Related Forum Threads
- Best Headphones under $30 (shipped to Australia) Last post on 9/15/11 at 9:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable over the ear's for daily travel use (Budget ~ $50) Last post on 7/8/13 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mid-range comfortable headphones for daily listening Last post on 11/24/11 at 5:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- HELP KRAMER MODDING PORTAPROS? Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Samson SR-850 - What in the BLOODY HELL? Last post on 2/23/15 at 4:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
HIFIMAN SuperMini review Oct 2016 INTRO Just some background on me with previous experience of daps and why I’ve arrived here at this point in time. ...In a Hi-Fi...
First of all, above any other factor, these are just SO COMFORTABLE!! There are very expensive headphones I used that sound really good but feel like someone is trying to crush my head. These have...
I think it is more of a smartphone gadget, than audiophiles device. It has the potential to save battery power when listening with portable devices. My subjective review of the sound: A little...
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
Looking for some headphones for gaming commentaries
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 48/7/11 at 1:42ampost #3 of 48/7/11 at 10:35amThread Starter
Hey there nakaroxx, I checked out both of those headsets you mentioned but neither one of them had a mic on them, only speakers. I'm really wanting to get a pair with a mic already on it. The one set that I'm considering is the plantronics gamecom 367, but I'm still not sure if the noise cancelling mic would be able to block out my keyboard.post #4 of 44/16/12 at 7:11pm
In fact I used to have the Gamecom™ 367, and it worked as advertised until one day the top strap broke near the middle; I traced that issue to a stress riser where the boom microphone stows. As of 16 April 2012, Plantronics® now has a Gamecom™ 380, which uses a different design of top strap to eliminate the stress riser failures of the 367/377 family; if ye're careful in your search for a vendor, a price as low as $49.99 before taxes and/or shipping may be had. ;-)
I consider the 380 a satisfactory headset for my LinUX box with a Creative Laboratories® SB0350 PCI audio card and SB0250 I/O drive, as the I/O drive's internal headphone amp will work with loads down to 8Ω (not so my Asus® CM1630 with XONAR® Essence™ STX audio, as the last has 10.7Ω source impedance in its headphone amp and therefore really wants to see ≧80Ω).
- Looking for some headphones for gaming commentaries
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › [ FS ] Pathos Aurium 230V (pay in two installments) 39 seconds ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 48 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Why do we pay $300 for headphones that cost $30 to manufacture? 2 minutes ago
- › 5th Annual San Diego Head-Fi Meet: Saturday, December 3rd, 2016 3 minutes ago
- › WTS: Unique Melody Miracle CIEM & Beat Audio Silver Sonic Cable 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears - Introducing "ARTHUR" , [USA & Europe... 7 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S7 - Best next audiophile phone? 8 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by FortisFlyer75
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...