Personally, i would pay the extra $50. for a new unit. Under 10% off for a used unit sounds like not a great deal.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Will we ever see new high impedance headphones? Last post on 6/3/14 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- any recommendations for my new fostex HP-P1 Last post on 5/11/14 at 2:23pm in Portable Source Gear
- Fostex HP-P1 vs HiFi-M8 for travel rig Last post on 5/20/14 at 12:32am in Portable Headphone Amps
- HP-P1 or HIFI-M8 for travel rig. Last post on 5/6/14 at 12:57pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread) - Page 56
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was actually considering this thought before. It's a good thing it's no longer available, the demo unit that is. I had other sudden expenses haha
You should never discount B&H from finding a good price on a piece of gear.
Even getting it shipped to Canada, it was still the cheapest price I could find.
Does the iPod use the Lightning connector also?
I thought I read somewhere about the HP-P1 not operating the iPod Classic power/pause on/off function, anybody know about that?
Thanks guys, I'm set on an IPC 7G to replace my Touch 2G which will remain backup/alarm clock for as long as it survives.
I'm also onto the Beyer T5p, specifically because of their reported quality with acoustic recordings and portable equipment. These will team up with the DT1350. All will be fed by the iDevice/HP-P1 setup. I'm looking forward to hearing the T5p! Viva la headfi.
Pairing hpp1 with dt1350 is very good. The warm character and bottomless bass with deep impact of dt1350 is just suit hpp1. I still can get the feel of Natural sound from it which is good for me. The t5p has a very natural sound character. Layering and detail of sound is far better than dt1350. And that will give me 3D sound like. Listening vocal through t5p is the best i can get. Is like a true vocal and able to give me "in the room" feeling.
This is falls in with my general expectations. I would have liked to try the TH900 next, HP-P1 has caused me to have quite a bit of respect for Fostex, but I think that headphone is just too expensive at the moment. The DT1350 bass expression is tip top fun.
Has anyone had their HP-P1 board cryo treated? Could it be done or is it just too risky?
Edited by AJHeadfi - 1/5/13 at 4:25am
I have some cryo-treated stuff but if you ask me, if it works don't fix it. It you have a problem with your sound then search out what others have done to get more clarity. I think the HP-P1 has little to fix, maybe only size but that will come with technology advances.
- Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Ear Pads Thread 34 seconds ago
- › What headphones to get? 1 minute ago
- › New to Full size headphones and need helpful advice on choosing a... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 review - Take two... 3 minutes ago
- › Very specific, semi-basshead cans required 3 minutes ago
- › Divine Moments in Music 6 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 6 minutes ago
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)