Personally, i would pay the extra $50. for a new unit. Under 10% off for a used unit sounds like not a great deal.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Will we ever see new high impedance headphones? Last post on 6/3/14 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- any recommendations for my new fostex HP-P1 Last post on 5/11/14 at 2:23pm in Portable Source Gear
- Fostex HP-P1 vs HiFi-M8 for travel rig Last post on 5/20/14 at 12:32am in Portable Headphone Amps
- HP-P1 or HIFI-M8 for travel rig. Last post on 5/6/14 at 12:57pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread) - Page 56
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was actually considering this thought before. It's a good thing it's no longer available, the demo unit that is. I had other sudden expenses haha
You should never discount B&H from finding a good price on a piece of gear.
Even getting it shipped to Canada, it was still the cheapest price I could find.
Does the iPod use the Lightning connector also?
I thought I read somewhere about the HP-P1 not operating the iPod Classic power/pause on/off function, anybody know about that?
Thanks guys, I'm set on an IPC 7G to replace my Touch 2G which will remain backup/alarm clock for as long as it survives.
I'm also onto the Beyer T5p, specifically because of their reported quality with acoustic recordings and portable equipment. These will team up with the DT1350. All will be fed by the iDevice/HP-P1 setup. I'm looking forward to hearing the T5p! Viva la headfi.
Pairing hpp1 with dt1350 is very good. The warm character and bottomless bass with deep impact of dt1350 is just suit hpp1. I still can get the feel of Natural sound from it which is good for me. The t5p has a very natural sound character. Layering and detail of sound is far better than dt1350. And that will give me 3D sound like. Listening vocal through t5p is the best i can get. Is like a true vocal and able to give me "in the room" feeling.
This is falls in with my general expectations. I would have liked to try the TH900 next, HP-P1 has caused me to have quite a bit of respect for Fostex, but I think that headphone is just too expensive at the moment. The DT1350 bass expression is tip top fun.
Has anyone had their HP-P1 board cryo treated? Could it be done or is it just too risky?
Edited by AJHeadfi - 1/5/13 at 4:25am
I have some cryo-treated stuff but if you ask me, if it works don't fix it. It you have a problem with your sound then search out what others have done to get more clarity. I think the HP-P1 has little to fix, maybe only size but that will come with technology advances.
- Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › How do I hook up two active monitors to subwoofer without sound card? 14 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 23 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 1 minute ago
- › How to hook up my speakers to my receiver? (with amp and switch).... 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › [Review] Tralucent Audio: Ref 1 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)