Personally, i would pay the extra $50. for a new unit. Under 10% off for a used unit sounds like not a great deal.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Will we ever see new high impedance headphones? Last post on 6/3/14 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- any recommendations for my new fostex HP-P1 Last post on 5/11/14 at 2:23pm in Portable Source Gear
- Fostex HP-P1 vs HiFi-M8 for travel rig Last post on 5/20/14 at 12:32am in Portable Headphone Amps
- HP-P1 or HIFI-M8 for travel rig. Last post on 5/6/14 at 12:57pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread) - Page 56
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was actually considering this thought before. It's a good thing it's no longer available, the demo unit that is. I had other sudden expenses haha
You should never discount B&H from finding a good price on a piece of gear.
Even getting it shipped to Canada, it was still the cheapest price I could find.
Does the iPod use the Lightning connector also?
I thought I read somewhere about the HP-P1 not operating the iPod Classic power/pause on/off function, anybody know about that?
Thanks guys, I'm set on an IPC 7G to replace my Touch 2G which will remain backup/alarm clock for as long as it survives.
I'm also onto the Beyer T5p, specifically because of their reported quality with acoustic recordings and portable equipment. These will team up with the DT1350. All will be fed by the iDevice/HP-P1 setup. I'm looking forward to hearing the T5p! Viva la headfi.
Pairing hpp1 with dt1350 is very good. The warm character and bottomless bass with deep impact of dt1350 is just suit hpp1. I still can get the feel of Natural sound from it which is good for me. The t5p has a very natural sound character. Layering and detail of sound is far better than dt1350. And that will give me 3D sound like. Listening vocal through t5p is the best i can get. Is like a true vocal and able to give me "in the room" feeling.
This is falls in with my general expectations. I would have liked to try the TH900 next, HP-P1 has caused me to have quite a bit of respect for Fostex, but I think that headphone is just too expensive at the moment. The DT1350 bass expression is tip top fun.
Has anyone had their HP-P1 board cryo treated? Could it be done or is it just too risky?
Edited by AJHeadfi - 1/5/13 at 4:25am
I have some cryo-treated stuff but if you ask me, if it works don't fix it. It you have a problem with your sound then search out what others have done to get more clarity. I think the HP-P1 has little to fix, maybe only size but that will come with technology advances.
- Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 1 minute ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 6 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-21 headphone amplifier 8 minutes ago
- › Are the B&O H6 headphonesworth it? 10 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 10 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)