Personally, i would pay the extra $50. for a new unit. Under 10% off for a used unit sounds like not a great deal.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Will we ever see new high impedance headphones? Last post on 6/3/14 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- any recommendations for my new fostex HP-P1 Last post on 5/11/14 at 2:23pm in Portable Source Gear
- Fostex HP-P1 vs HiFi-M8 for travel rig Last post on 5/20/14 at 12:32am in Portable Headphone Amps
- HP-P1 or HIFI-M8 for travel rig. Last post on 5/6/14 at 12:57pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread) - Page 56
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was actually considering this thought before. It's a good thing it's no longer available, the demo unit that is. I had other sudden expenses haha
You should never discount B&H from finding a good price on a piece of gear.
Even getting it shipped to Canada, it was still the cheapest price I could find.
Does the iPod use the Lightning connector also?
I thought I read somewhere about the HP-P1 not operating the iPod Classic power/pause on/off function, anybody know about that?
Thanks guys, I'm set on an IPC 7G to replace my Touch 2G which will remain backup/alarm clock for as long as it survives.
I'm also onto the Beyer T5p, specifically because of their reported quality with acoustic recordings and portable equipment. These will team up with the DT1350. All will be fed by the iDevice/HP-P1 setup. I'm looking forward to hearing the T5p! Viva la headfi.
Pairing hpp1 with dt1350 is very good. The warm character and bottomless bass with deep impact of dt1350 is just suit hpp1. I still can get the feel of Natural sound from it which is good for me. The t5p has a very natural sound character. Layering and detail of sound is far better than dt1350. And that will give me 3D sound like. Listening vocal through t5p is the best i can get. Is like a true vocal and able to give me "in the room" feeling.
This is falls in with my general expectations. I would have liked to try the TH900 next, HP-P1 has caused me to have quite a bit of respect for Fostex, but I think that headphone is just too expensive at the moment. The DT1350 bass expression is tip top fun.
Has anyone had their HP-P1 board cryo treated? Could it be done or is it just too risky?
Edited by AJHeadfi - 1/5/13 at 4:25am
I have some cryo-treated stuff but if you ask me, if it works don't fix it. It you have a problem with your sound then search out what others have done to get more clarity. I think the HP-P1 has little to fix, maybe only size but that will come with technology advances.
- Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 2 minutes ago
- › Review: InEar StageDiver Series 4 minutes ago
- › Buzzingand pops in headphones 6 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 6 minutes ago
- › REVIEW : Burson Audio HA-160 with listening impressions 7 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 7 minutes ago
- › Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions 10 minutes ago
- › Less than $300 Over the Ear for my Teenage Son (who wants Beats!) 11 minutes ago
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)