Personally, i would pay the extra $50. for a new unit. Under 10% off for a used unit sounds like not a great deal.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Will we ever see new high impedance headphones? Last post on 6/3/14 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- any recommendations for my new fostex HP-P1 Last post on 5/11/14 at 2:23pm in Portable Source Gear
- Fostex HP-P1 vs HiFi-M8 for travel rig Last post on 5/20/14 at 12:32am in Portable Headphone Amps
- HP-P1 or HIFI-M8 for travel rig. Last post on 5/6/14 at 12:57pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread) - Page 56
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was actually considering this thought before. It's a good thing it's no longer available, the demo unit that is. I had other sudden expenses haha
You should never discount B&H from finding a good price on a piece of gear.
Even getting it shipped to Canada, it was still the cheapest price I could find.
Does the iPod use the Lightning connector also?
I thought I read somewhere about the HP-P1 not operating the iPod Classic power/pause on/off function, anybody know about that?
Thanks guys, I'm set on an IPC 7G to replace my Touch 2G which will remain backup/alarm clock for as long as it survives.
I'm also onto the Beyer T5p, specifically because of their reported quality with acoustic recordings and portable equipment. These will team up with the DT1350. All will be fed by the iDevice/HP-P1 setup. I'm looking forward to hearing the T5p! Viva la headfi.
Pairing hpp1 with dt1350 is very good. The warm character and bottomless bass with deep impact of dt1350 is just suit hpp1. I still can get the feel of Natural sound from it which is good for me. The t5p has a very natural sound character. Layering and detail of sound is far better than dt1350. And that will give me 3D sound like. Listening vocal through t5p is the best i can get. Is like a true vocal and able to give me "in the room" feeling.
This is falls in with my general expectations. I would have liked to try the TH900 next, HP-P1 has caused me to have quite a bit of respect for Fostex, but I think that headphone is just too expensive at the moment. The DT1350 bass expression is tip top fun.
Has anyone had their HP-P1 board cryo treated? Could it be done or is it just too risky?
Edited by AJHeadfi - 1/5/13 at 4:25am
I have some cryo-treated stuff but if you ask me, if it works don't fix it. It you have a problem with your sound then search out what others have done to get more clarity. I think the HP-P1 has little to fix, maybe only size but that will come with technology advances.
- Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread)
- › Fiio E12 vs Fiio E17+E09K combo 17 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 21 seconds ago
- › Official NYC Metro Area "Headphonatics Anonymous" Fall Meet -... 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 1 minute ago
- › New England Headfi Meet - Saturday December 6th, 2014! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › IHIFI 760 + NEW 770 (lucky pg#13) : From makers of the 812V2 / 960 4 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 5 minutes ago
- › Whiplash twag v2 and Ak100/120 charging dock with remote 6 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)