It is a sweet piece of gear and a good value. I am a big fan of AKM Dac chips.....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Fostex HP-P1 (Great Condition) Last post on 11/29/13 at 11:15am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Fostex HP-P1 Apple Dac Amp combo + cable - SYDNEY Last post on 11/27/13 at 4:17pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- FS: Fostex HP-P1 Last post on 11/24/13 at 10:44am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Fostex HP-P1 DAC/Amp for iDevices Last post on 11/14/13 at 2:07pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread) - Page 54post #796 of 119112/21/12 at 7:22pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #797 of 119112/21/12 at 7:33pmpost #798 of 119112/21/12 at 8:12pm
I bought the Fostex because I did not have an amp that was remotely portable, I had an iTouch 2G that I used only as an alarm clock and SR325i (which already sounds nice from the Macbook). I thought I'd bullseye my audio quality lust with the HP-P1, only I'd like is ability to use the HP-P1 with my Macbook (it is an Apple device damn it).
I've been looking at Apple for a new idevice to use with the Fostex. I considered iPad Mini, iTouch 7G? or iPod Classic. I'm leaning toward something dedicated to audio like the iPod Classic, it's also the cheapest option, it still uses the 30 pin connector, has more than my crumby 8Gb storage presently and it is the most mature product of all. Considerations for the iPad Mini were, uses other than music, and new iTouch just because that'll be what it replaces. The iTouch is a bit annoying with the screen interface and no tactile navigation. Any suggestions?
With the DT1350 already taken it's pound of flesh, this nice HP-P1 and Head-Fi combined seems to be leading to a bit of rash purchasing.
BTW it keeps sounding better every time I listen, I put that down to both psychological (away from my home setup) and electrical bedding in.post #799 of 119112/21/12 at 8:16pmpost #800 of 119112/21/12 at 8:40pm
Thanks Longbowbbs, it looks like a good system for me.
I wonder if anybody has found a difference in the sound if they use a custom "high end" 30pin to USB A cable? I can't think of a reason it would be sounding better (maybe different) than the Fostex supplied cable, that being sufficient to satisfy demand of the system.post #801 of 119112/22/12 at 2:27amQuote:
Not really true... Not a fan of balanced output. Preferred the convenience of the Fostex on the go, with the option of adding on a better amp if i'm feeling muscular that day~ Bought mine recently AFTER the CLAS -db was released.post #802 of 119112/22/12 at 6:11amQuote:Originally Posted by AJHeadfi
Thanks Longbowbbs, it looks like a good system for me.
I wonder if anybody has found a difference in the sound if they use a custom "high end" 30pin to USB A cable? I can't think of a reason it would be sounding better (maybe different) than the Fostex supplied cable, that being sufficient to satisfy demand of the system.
I have a Toxic Cable LOD between the HP-P1 and the IPC 7G....I also use Toxic Cable's for my Sennheiser HD650's...Live the wire. Not sure if it enough of a difference for you to pay the premium, but they are available.post #803 of 119112/22/12 at 6:58pmQuote:
So long as its properly constructed, I'm pretty sure all USB cables are equal for that 5cm of distance to travel. Mini-mini however I do believe in the material of the wires making some difference :)post #804 of 119112/22/12 at 7:05pmpost #805 of 119112/22/12 at 11:36pmpost #806 of 119112/23/12 at 5:55ampost #807 of 119112/23/12 at 7:32amQuote:
Whoops! I think my question could start flamers or other nasties. One thing I've found in audio stuffs is that seems illogical but yet in practice something spooky happens. Maybe one day I'll try a "pimp" looking 30pin-USBA on the HP-P1.post #808 of 119112/23/12 at 8:22ampost #809 of 119112/23/12 at 8:34am
I still have my HP-P1. I did borrow a friend's CLAS/RX3 rig to try and while it was impressive, I ended up getting the Leckerton UH6MKII and have a Pico Power on order. I don't reckon I'll be carrying orthos with me when I travel (unless it is to a meet) and SE performance with borrowed cans or regular IEMs is more important at the moment. For IEMs, I can just use the HP-P1 by itself.post #810 of 119112/23/12 at 10:34amQuote:
Glad i won't be the only one lugging around a HP-P1 with my Pico Power. Also will work with the HM-801 of course.
- Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 26 seconds ago
- › Problem with My Sennheiser IE8, they've become too bright 41 seconds ago
- › START HERE: SoCal Head-Fier Introductions! 1 minute ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 5 minutes ago
- › Do I just plug a headphone amp into the stereo's headphone socket? 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi