Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread) - Page 49

post #721 of 1291

So I wonder if the Fostex will work OK with the new iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5th gen (obviously with different cable or the £25 adapter) ...

post #722 of 1291

They didn't upgrade the classics line out connector did they?  Don't know how much life my current one has, stopped using it when i got the HM801 years ago but the Fostex brought it back to life with me.  It seemed to be on it's last leg then.

post #723 of 1291
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post

They didn't upgrade the classics line out connector did they?  Don't know how much life my current one has, stopped using it when i got the HM801 years ago but the Fostex brought it back to life with me.  It seemed to be on it's last leg then.

No, the Classic seems to have not been changed.  In fact, it seems to have been omitted from the slide deck showing the complete ipod lineup.  Could it be the last days for the classic?

post #724 of 1291

If it is i want one of the last ones to pair with the Fostex as time goes on.  Can you imagine, the max the touch holds, which is the max for any ipod other than the classic, is 64 gb.  My classic is full.....160. 

post #725 of 1291

Mod the Classic with a 256GB SSD. Or move on to an Android ≥ ICS device with a µSD slot, & connect a DAC/HAmp combo to it. 64GB µSDXC's are pretty affordable nowadays, and imagine carrying a few of those around. Capacity problem sorted.


Edited by the wizard of oz - 9/13/12 at 2:15am
post #726 of 1291
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post

If it is i want one of the last ones to pair with the Fostex as time goes on.  Can you imagine, the max the touch holds, which is the max for any ipod other than the classic, is 64 gb.  My classic is full.....160. 

The classic only holds about 3000 songs when they are in a lossless format. Unless you upgrade the HD to a 250 GB (The largest upgrade I have seen) you stil need a couple of them.

post #727 of 1291
I'm good with 160, but my HM801 has 32 and is no where near enough or would the itouch, being 64, which was the point.
post #728 of 1291
So I read that the new iphone/itouch dock supports analog out but it didn't say anything abt digital, any news?
post #729 of 1291

I have been reading every fan boy site I could find and nothing about LOD capabilities or DAC's....

post #730 of 1291
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post

So I read that the new iphone/itouch dock supports analog out but it didn't say anything abt digital, any news?

 

iphone 5 works just fine with Fostex HP-P1.  FLAC Player app also.  It seems to stream digital via the supplied USB cord.  Not sure whether shorter cords are readily available at this time.  Sounded great FWIW.

post #731 of 1291

Not a lot of room for FLAC's or AIFF on any iPhone given the 64GB limitations rolleyes.gif

post #732 of 1291

Add 16/48 limits, so no high res downloads are playable natively...

 

But add a Seagate GoFlex Satellite and you can stream 500GB, I've it in a 24 bit config look here http://www.head-fi.org/t/625493/ipad-with-24-bit-files-high-storage-capacity-portability-bit-perfect-configurations-that-works


Edited by Thraex - 9/22/12 at 2:52pm
post #733 of 1291

Yep...I have the GoFlex...handy but it is another item in the bag for travel. Great for movies and the iPad.

post #734 of 1291
Quote:
Originally Posted by jax View Post

 

iphone 5 works just fine with Fostex HP-P1.  FLAC Player app also.  It seems to stream digital via the supplied USB cord.  Not sure whether shorter cords are readily available at this time.  Sounded great FWIW.

any change in sound quality?

post #735 of 1291

Another item is necessary to boost storage capacity, I can't add any other memory  kit with cable/adapter connected directly since I need the digital out to be free for connection to external DAC.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread)