So I wonder if the Fostex will work OK with the new iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5th gen (obviously with different cable or the £25 adapter) ...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Will we ever see new high impedance headphones? Last post on 6/3/14 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- any recommendations for my new fostex HP-P1 Last post on 5/11/14 at 2:23pm in Portable Source Gear
- Fostex HP-P1 vs HiFi-M8 for travel rig Last post on 5/20/14 at 12:32am in Portable Headphone Amps
- HP-P1 or HIFI-M8 for travel rig. Last post on 5/6/14 at 12:57pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
*Not an audio professional review, only my user opinion* After listening to lots of headphones inside this price ranger I decided on these. I was first worried cause lately I was reading lots...
First, I’d like to thank Audrey and the folks at Brainwavz and MP4 Nation for providing a sample of the S5 for review. It was late last month when I received a message from the folks at...
help!! I'm fallling!!!!!!!(photoshop lvl expert) For any Sony DAPs, the letter goes for a kind/category of DAP. The first numbers for the model and the last number is always for the onboard...
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread) - Page 49
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They didn't upgrade the classics line out connector did they? Don't know how much life my current one has, stopped using it when i got the HM801 years ago but the Fostex brought it back to life with me. It seemed to be on it's last leg then.
No, the Classic seems to have not been changed. In fact, it seems to have been omitted from the slide deck showing the complete ipod lineup. Could it be the last days for the classic?
If it is i want one of the last ones to pair with the Fostex as time goes on. Can you imagine, the max the touch holds, which is the max for any ipod other than the classic, is 64 gb. My classic is full.....160.
Mod the Classic with a 256GB SSD. Or move on to an Android ≥ ICS device with a µSD slot, & connect a DAC/HAmp combo to it. 64GB µSDXC's are pretty affordable nowadays, and imagine carrying a few of those around. Capacity problem sorted.
Edited by the wizard of oz - 9/13/12 at 2:15am
The classic only holds about 3000 songs when they are in a lossless format. Unless you upgrade the HD to a 250 GB (The largest upgrade I have seen) you stil need a couple of them.
iphone 5 works just fine with Fostex HP-P1. FLAC Player app also. It seems to stream digital via the supplied USB cord. Not sure whether shorter cords are readily available at this time. Sounded great FWIW.
Add 16/48 limits, so no high res downloads are playable natively...
But add a Seagate GoFlex Satellite and you can stream 500GB, I've it in a 24 bit config look here http://www.head-fi.org/t/625493/ipad-with-24-bit-files-high-storage-capacity-portability-bit-perfect-configurations-that-works
Edited by Thraex - 9/22/12 at 2:52pm
any change in sound quality?
- Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread)
- › Android phones and USB DACs 37 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 56 seconds ago
- › FIIO X1 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 4 minutes ago
- › Flac files to my iphone! 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)