So I wonder if the Fostex will work OK with the new iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5th gen (obviously with different cable or the £25 adapter) ...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- [Review] WA7 & LCD-2F: DAC shoot-out & tube guide [UPDATED] Last post on 5/15/15 at 7:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- FS: Fostex T10 & T20 (Vintage Orthodynamics) Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:00pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Takato's Giant Wanted Ad (Big update - 3/1/15) Last post on 5/7/15 at 11:04pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Fostex Goodsmile collab "Toon Workshop" headphones Last post on 6/22/14 at 10:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread) - Page 49
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They didn't upgrade the classics line out connector did they? Don't know how much life my current one has, stopped using it when i got the HM801 years ago but the Fostex brought it back to life with me. It seemed to be on it's last leg then.
No, the Classic seems to have not been changed. In fact, it seems to have been omitted from the slide deck showing the complete ipod lineup. Could it be the last days for the classic?
If it is i want one of the last ones to pair with the Fostex as time goes on. Can you imagine, the max the touch holds, which is the max for any ipod other than the classic, is 64 gb. My classic is full.....160.
Mod the Classic with a 256GB SSD. Or move on to an Android ≥ ICS device with a µSD slot, & connect a DAC/HAmp combo to it. 64GB µSDXC's are pretty affordable nowadays, and imagine carrying a few of those around. Capacity problem sorted.
Edited by the wizard of oz - 9/13/12 at 2:15am
The classic only holds about 3000 songs when they are in a lossless format. Unless you upgrade the HD to a 250 GB (The largest upgrade I have seen) you stil need a couple of them.
iphone 5 works just fine with Fostex HP-P1. FLAC Player app also. It seems to stream digital via the supplied USB cord. Not sure whether shorter cords are readily available at this time. Sounded great FWIW.
Add 16/48 limits, so no high res downloads are playable natively...
But add a Seagate GoFlex Satellite and you can stream 500GB, I've it in a 24 bit config look here http://www.head-fi.org/t/625493/ipad-with-24-bit-files-high-storage-capacity-portability-bit-perfect-configurations-that-works
Edited by Thraex - 9/22/12 at 2:52pm
any change in sound quality?
- Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread)
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 10 seconds ago
- › WTB Halide Bridge RCA version 57 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 4 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 4 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2