So I wonder if the Fostex will work OK with the new iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5th gen (obviously with different cable or the £25 adapter) ...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- [Review] WA7 & LCD-2F: DAC shoot-out & tube guide [UPDATED] Last post on 7/23/16 at 6:44pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- FS: Fostex T10 & T20 (Vintage Orthodynamics) Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:00pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Takato's Giant Wanted Ad (Updated 9/8/15) Last post on 9/8/15 at 8:11pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Fostex Goodsmile collab "Toon Workshop" headphones Last post on 9/24/15 at 11:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/10/15
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
Introduction Why am I here? Am I seeking an endgame all-in-one audio device? Am I seeking an amplifier for every conceivable, non-electrostatic headphone? Am I seeking a sound that will draw me...
Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread) - Page 49
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They didn't upgrade the classics line out connector did they? Don't know how much life my current one has, stopped using it when i got the HM801 years ago but the Fostex brought it back to life with me. It seemed to be on it's last leg then.
No, the Classic seems to have not been changed. In fact, it seems to have been omitted from the slide deck showing the complete ipod lineup. Could it be the last days for the classic?
If it is i want one of the last ones to pair with the Fostex as time goes on. Can you imagine, the max the touch holds, which is the max for any ipod other than the classic, is 64 gb. My classic is full.....160.
Mod the Classic with a 256GB SSD. Or move on to an Android ≥ ICS device with a µSD slot, & connect a DAC/HAmp combo to it. 64GB µSDXC's are pretty affordable nowadays, and imagine carrying a few of those around. Capacity problem sorted.
Edited by the wizard of oz - 9/13/12 at 2:15am
The classic only holds about 3000 songs when they are in a lossless format. Unless you upgrade the HD to a 250 GB (The largest upgrade I have seen) you stil need a couple of them.
iphone 5 works just fine with Fostex HP-P1. FLAC Player app also. It seems to stream digital via the supplied USB cord. Not sure whether shorter cords are readily available at this time. Sounded great FWIW.
Add 16/48 limits, so no high res downloads are playable natively...
But add a Seagate GoFlex Satellite and you can stream 500GB, I've it in a 24 bit config look here http://www.head-fi.org/t/625493/ipad-with-24-bit-files-high-storage-capacity-portability-bit-perfect-configurations-that-works
Edited by Thraex - 9/22/12 at 2:52pm
any change in sound quality?
- Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread)
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 33 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › Official 2016 SF Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread - July 16, 2016 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin iDAC-6 - a killer new DAC with tons of options on board 4 minutes ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio E11K 5 minutes ago
- › Hi & Q. Using Existing Equipment 5 minutes ago
- › New iRiver AK70 5 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...