So I wonder if the Fostex will work OK with the new iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5th gen (obviously with different cable or the £25 adapter) ...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- [Review] WA7 & LCD-2F: DAC shoot-out & tube guide [UPDATED] Last post on 3/20/16 at 7:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- FS: Fostex T10 & T20 (Vintage Orthodynamics) Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:00pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Takato's Giant Wanted Ad (Updated 9/8/15) Last post on 9/8/15 at 8:11pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Fostex Goodsmile collab "Toon Workshop" headphones Last post on 9/24/15 at 11:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/10/15
I really like the t-90; I have had them for about two months and really enjoy the brightness. I also have the T70p and the t-5p second gen. I like the t70p better than anything so far. The t 90...
At the time of the review, the Unique Melody Miracle V2 was was on sale at Musicteck’s online store. Although the model I am reviewing today is not currently listed, Musicteck is currently...
Quick Review : I bought them for casual listening and mixing and mastering purpose. I'm not disappointed by the sound signature. Things I'd like to stay the way they are: 1. frequency...
I have previously given a positive review for the Philips SHE3590, a cheap IEM that sounds good. I purchased the Philips SHE3595 because it looks like the SHE3590, has a microphone and it was...
Introduction – This is getting ridiculous, with a $5 RRP, the VE Monk+ is cheaper than most cables. The VE Monk+ is an update to the highly regarded VE Monk, one of the most awarded and most...
Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread) - Page 49
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They didn't upgrade the classics line out connector did they? Don't know how much life my current one has, stopped using it when i got the HM801 years ago but the Fostex brought it back to life with me. It seemed to be on it's last leg then.
No, the Classic seems to have not been changed. In fact, it seems to have been omitted from the slide deck showing the complete ipod lineup. Could it be the last days for the classic?
If it is i want one of the last ones to pair with the Fostex as time goes on. Can you imagine, the max the touch holds, which is the max for any ipod other than the classic, is 64 gb. My classic is full.....160.
Mod the Classic with a 256GB SSD. Or move on to an Android ≥ ICS device with a µSD slot, & connect a DAC/HAmp combo to it. 64GB µSDXC's are pretty affordable nowadays, and imagine carrying a few of those around. Capacity problem sorted.
Edited by the wizard of oz - 9/13/12 at 2:15am
The classic only holds about 3000 songs when they are in a lossless format. Unless you upgrade the HD to a 250 GB (The largest upgrade I have seen) you stil need a couple of them.
iphone 5 works just fine with Fostex HP-P1. FLAC Player app also. It seems to stream digital via the supplied USB cord. Not sure whether shorter cords are readily available at this time. Sounded great FWIW.
Add 16/48 limits, so no high res downloads are playable natively...
But add a Seagate GoFlex Satellite and you can stream 500GB, I've it in a 24 bit config look here http://www.head-fi.org/t/625493/ipad-with-24-bit-files-high-storage-capacity-portability-bit-perfect-configurations-that-works
Edited by Thraex - 9/22/12 at 2:52pm
any change in sound quality?
- Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread)
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 8 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 20 seconds ago
- › Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital... 24 seconds ago
- › AKG N20 iem 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by vapman
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse