Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Fostex HP-P1 vs High End DAPs? What can you tell me about SQ? Last post on 2/13/14 at 2:16pm in Dedicated Source Components
- HP-P1 trying to charge my device and stops working. Last post on 2/6/14 at 10:00am in Portable Source Gear
- I Need a Portable DAC/Amp Combo for iPod That's Not an HP-P1 and Not $1K Last post on 2/17/14 at 8:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fostex TE-05 Japanese Price, Release Date Announced Last post on Yesterday at 9:06 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
First off- I got these for $130 from Newegg, and for that price they are a bargain. The $400 list price is way too expensive. Th fit and finish are beautiful on these, my only complaint would be...
I must admit It's been quite the journey with the company T-PEOS since I tried their H-100 going way back to October - 2012. Since then I've heard most of T-PEOS mid tier line up including H-200...
This card is really great if you're looking to power higher impedance cans at a bargain price. Another really great thing about this is that it's microphone input is vastly superior to that of most...
I've used most of the old-school brands (Grado, AKG, Sennheiser, Sony, Koss, David Clark, ...) and have tried several of the Jonny-come-latelys, and the HD700s are simply the best for comfort and...
Headphone: LCD-2 rev2 Comparition amp: Schitt Asgard v1 I can't tell how much i love my new Schiit amp - the Mjolnir. However, i remember the mids on my LCD-2 had been more thick and blooming...
Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread) - Page 11post #151 of 124210/13/11 at 1:27pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 124210/13/11 at 1:57pm@Mkubota1, I think U're onto something there about matching amps to earphones. I wasn't that impressed with the P1 & TF10's. The FX700 bridged the gap between the P1 vs P1+Predator. BTW, good to know about the iOS5 upgrade too. Thx for being the first to test & report on it.
Since we're showing custom IEM's with our HP-P1, here's minepost #153 of 124210/13/11 at 3:02pmpost #154 of 124210/13/11 at 4:43pmpost #155 of 124210/19/11 at 8:06pm
Just wanted to post up some pics I finally managed to take of my rigs:
My portable rig for noisy public transportation commutes:
My portable rig when it's quieter:
Some pictures to get an idea of relative size/scale versus the iBasso D6 and RSA P-51 Mustang:
-Edpost #156 of 124210/20/11 at 6:20amThread StarterQuote:
I like the sound of the W4s out of the Fostex. I just picked up some FX700s... will see how they sound out of it.post #157 of 124210/28/11 at 10:36am
Looking at getting this for portable use, as well as bedside use.
I intend to get a very high quality dac and amp for my bedside rig, but I'd still like to use my iPod, which is what makes the transport function perfect.
My question is whether or not you can use an external DAC instead of the one included in the Fostex. For portable use, I'll use the Fostex's amp and DAC and I'm sure it will sound great, but I'd like to use stand-alone components for my bedside rig.
To summarize, I'd like to know if this can be used simply as a transport, bypassing even its own included amp and DAC for use with stand-alone components.
Sorry if this question has already been asked!post #158 of 124210/28/11 at 11:31am
Ckaz, yes, the Fostex has a Toslink (optical) out allowing you to bypass its DAC and amp. So if you have an external DAC with Toslink in, you can use the Fostex just to extract the digital signal from the iPod.post #159 of 124210/28/11 at 5:47pmpost #160 of 124210/28/11 at 8:54pmQuote:
Yes, I should think so. I use a generic usb wall charger adapter. Same as I use to charge my iPod.post #161 of 124210/29/11 at 2:55am
Hi HP-P1 owners,
Just FYI, I was at the Headphone Festival in Tokyo today with a few other Head-Fi'ers. At the Fostex booth, they offered to upgrade the firmware of my HP-P1 which apparently reduces the battery drain of the iPhone when used with the HP-P1. So if you find your iDevice battery draining quickly when used with the HP-P1, Fostex can fix that.post #162 of 124210/29/11 at 3:49amQuote:Originally Posted by AnakChan
Hi HP-P1 owners,
Just FYI, I was at the Headphone Festival in Tokyo today with a few other Head-Fi'ers. At the Fostex booth, they offered to upgrade the firmware of my HP-P1 which apparently reduces the battery drain of the iPhone when used with the HP-P1. So if you find your iDevice battery draining quickly when used with the HP-P1, Fostex can fix that.
Thanks for the tip, I'd like that! Hope it also works for iPod Classicpost #163 of 124210/29/11 at 3:54ampost #164 of 124210/29/11 at 3:59am
I guess so, I actually didn't ask them if one could do it by themselves. The guy just asked me for my HP-P1 and just did it, I didn't even ask or knew abut the firmware update. I don't even know the former and what the new version numbers are. Apologies, I should have asked him more questions.post #165 of 124210/29/11 at 9:01amThread Starter
I had my HP-P1 updated at the show as well. The guy said it doubled the battery life on the 6G Nano from 3hrs to approximately 6hrs. And he said it should do similar with the iPod Touch 4G, which I had connected at the time. Essentially it should double the battery life. I'm not 100% sure about the Classic, but I could only imagine it would be the same. I think he said that while not available now, it should be downloadable in the future. It appears that all they used was a laptop and the standard USB cable.
- Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread)
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid Impressions and Appreciation Thread 14 seconds ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 34 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 1 minute ago
- › Dangerous Music Source DAC 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club 2 minutes ago
- › Mr. Speakers Mad Dog 3.0 - 3.2 Amp Pairing... 2 minutes ago
- › Ibasso DX50 + Rockbox finally here 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 3 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Kaede MINT, Only 200 Pairs In the World. 4 minutes ago
- › Newbie to the forum 5 minutes ago
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › Schiit Mjolnir by tamleo
- › Brainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphones by Kadano
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by KT66
- › Noontec ZOROHDBLK ZORO HD True Sound Headphones with Inline Mic and... by BillsonChang007
- › Hisoundaudio BA100 by Jazmanaut
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by gl0ry
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude