Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Fostex HP-P1 (Great Condition) Last post on 11/29/13 at 11:15am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Fostex HP-P1 Apple Dac Amp combo + cable - SYDNEY Last post on 11/27/13 at 4:17pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- FS: Fostex HP-P1 Last post on 11/24/13 at 10:44am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Fostex HP-P1 DAC/Amp for iDevices Last post on 11/14/13 at 2:07pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread) - Page 11post #151 of 119110/13/11 at 1:27pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #152 of 119110/13/11 at 1:57pm@Mkubota1, I think U're onto something there about matching amps to earphones. I wasn't that impressed with the P1 & TF10's. The FX700 bridged the gap between the P1 vs P1+Predator. BTW, good to know about the iOS5 upgrade too. Thx for being the first to test & report on it.
Since we're showing custom IEM's with our HP-P1, here's minepost #153 of 119110/13/11 at 3:02pmpost #154 of 119110/13/11 at 4:43pmpost #155 of 119110/19/11 at 8:06pm
Just wanted to post up some pics I finally managed to take of my rigs:
My portable rig for noisy public transportation commutes:
My portable rig when it's quieter:
Some pictures to get an idea of relative size/scale versus the iBasso D6 and RSA P-51 Mustang:
-Edpost #156 of 119110/20/11 at 6:20amThread StarterQuote:
I like the sound of the W4s out of the Fostex. I just picked up some FX700s... will see how they sound out of it.post #157 of 119110/28/11 at 10:36am
Looking at getting this for portable use, as well as bedside use.
I intend to get a very high quality dac and amp for my bedside rig, but I'd still like to use my iPod, which is what makes the transport function perfect.
My question is whether or not you can use an external DAC instead of the one included in the Fostex. For portable use, I'll use the Fostex's amp and DAC and I'm sure it will sound great, but I'd like to use stand-alone components for my bedside rig.
To summarize, I'd like to know if this can be used simply as a transport, bypassing even its own included amp and DAC for use with stand-alone components.
Sorry if this question has already been asked!post #158 of 119110/28/11 at 11:31am
Ckaz, yes, the Fostex has a Toslink (optical) out allowing you to bypass its DAC and amp. So if you have an external DAC with Toslink in, you can use the Fostex just to extract the digital signal from the iPod.post #159 of 119110/28/11 at 5:47pmpost #160 of 119110/28/11 at 8:54pmQuote:
Yes, I should think so. I use a generic usb wall charger adapter. Same as I use to charge my iPod.post #161 of 119110/29/11 at 2:55am
Hi HP-P1 owners,
Just FYI, I was at the Headphone Festival in Tokyo today with a few other Head-Fi'ers. At the Fostex booth, they offered to upgrade the firmware of my HP-P1 which apparently reduces the battery drain of the iPhone when used with the HP-P1. So if you find your iDevice battery draining quickly when used with the HP-P1, Fostex can fix that.post #162 of 119110/29/11 at 3:49amQuote:Originally Posted by AnakChan
Hi HP-P1 owners,
Just FYI, I was at the Headphone Festival in Tokyo today with a few other Head-Fi'ers. At the Fostex booth, they offered to upgrade the firmware of my HP-P1 which apparently reduces the battery drain of the iPhone when used with the HP-P1. So if you find your iDevice battery draining quickly when used with the HP-P1, Fostex can fix that.
Thanks for the tip, I'd like that! Hope it also works for iPod Classicpost #163 of 119110/29/11 at 3:54ampost #164 of 119110/29/11 at 3:59am
I guess so, I actually didn't ask them if one could do it by themselves. The guy just asked me for my HP-P1 and just did it, I didn't even ask or knew abut the firmware update. I don't even know the former and what the new version numbers are. Apologies, I should have asked him more questions.post #165 of 119110/29/11 at 9:01amThread Starter
I had my HP-P1 updated at the show as well. The guy said it doubled the battery life on the 6G Nano from 3hrs to approximately 6hrs. And he said it should do similar with the iPod Touch 4G, which I had connected at the time. Essentially it should double the battery life. I'm not 100% sure about the Classic, but I could only imagine it would be the same. I think he said that while not available now, it should be downloadable in the future. It appears that all they used was a laptop and the standard USB cable.
- Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › New RHA IEMs: The MA750i and MA600i 29 seconds ago
- › Bluedio R+ Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones with NFC and APT-X 2 minutes ago
- › Asus xonar DG problem 2 minutes ago
- › HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? 3 minutes ago
- › Yet another HD800 thread... 3 minutes ago
- › Best music while stoned? 4 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Like New ATH-W1000x, shipping worldwide, free shipping US 5 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 5 minutes ago
- › Need recommendations. Wireless headphones that can go wired if... 7 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi