Did anyone try to drive a Beyerdynamic T1 with the HP-P1? I have the possibility to demo the T1 at a local shop and would like to bring my own amp with me but want to avoid carrying a desktop amp around.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Will we ever see new high impedance headphones? Last post on 6/3/14 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- any recommendations for my new fostex HP-P1 Last post on 5/11/14 at 2:23pm in Portable Source Gear
- Fostex HP-P1 vs HiFi-M8 for travel rig Last post on 5/20/14 at 12:32am in Portable Headphone Amps
- HP-P1 or HIFI-M8 for travel rig. Last post on 5/6/14 at 12:57pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread) - Page 78
Gear mentioned in this thread:
After looking at the stats on the T1 I'd say there's no way the HP could do it. On my shure iems it can get much louder than I ever need them to be, but to get enough juice to properly demo that pair I'd say you need a desktop amp for it. If you don't want to do that I'm sure it would give you at least a vague idea of they would sound like on a stronger amp though.
i've been using the hp-p1 for quite some time and i noticed a big drop in battery life for a full charge. i only get like 3-4 hours of bat life from a full charge. has anyone opened up the hp-p1 to see what kind of batteries do i need to have the existing one replaced? no more warranty since i got it from a trade. your help would be greatly appreciated
I think one way to damage the battery is to flatten and then leave uncharged for at least a few days?
The battery is soldered to the mainboard via a number of wires, it may be possible to get a larger capacity replacement, looks like there is room.
It might be best to contact Fostex to find out what kind of battery it is. Worst comes to worst they won't tell you, but they might even offer to replace it or ship a battery to you if you feel comfortable soldering. Who knows until you ask?
i've already contacted fostex and they just told me to refer to my local distributor. it's still a problem since there's no local distributor in my country
here are the idevices that i use the hp-p1 with:
iPod Classic : 1.1.2
iPad Mini: 6.1.3
iPhone: iOS7 beta 5
iPod Touch: 6.1.3
also i never use the amp. i only use the DAC and connect it to my other amps.
what is your firmware of your Fostex hp_p1.....................
I just got mine today. To answer my own question on whether the USB cable makes a difference to the sound, my answer would have to be yes.
Yet another veil has been removed from the sound. It's now cleaner and more dynamic, active-sounding.
Why is that, I may never know.
- Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 4 minutes ago
- › How to fix broken left speaker of headphone due to plug in USB to... 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 6 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)