Did anyone try to drive a Beyerdynamic T1 with the HP-P1? I have the possibility to demo the T1 at a local shop and would like to bring my own amp with me but want to avoid carrying a desktop amp around.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- FS: Fostex T10 & T20 (Vintage Orthodynamics) Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:00pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Takato's Giant Wanted Ad Last post on 11/25/14 at 8:13pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Fostex Goodsmile collab "Toon Workshop" headphones Last post on 6/22/14 at 10:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Will we ever see new high impedance headphones? Last post on 6/3/14 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
Owned this amp for just over a year and it is wonderful for the price. FiiO is one of the few companies that openly lists all of their specs to the public. I reason I bought this was primarily to...
The Bravo V2 is an attractive and inexpensive "pseudo-tube/hybrid" amp that is easily accessible to beginner DIYers if modifications are desired (which they definitely are as I will expand on...
Introduction This is a review of the Sennheirser HD 202 headphone. At the time of the review, the cans were at eleven months of near-continuous use. Bear with me, as this is only my second...
The Sony MDR-EX1000 is truly a legendary IEM but in a world of its own. Not even the latest XBA, or XBA hybrid Z series could rival its intimidating large single-dynamic driver setup. (my EX1000...
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread) - Page 78
Gear mentioned in this thread:
After looking at the stats on the T1 I'd say there's no way the HP could do it. On my shure iems it can get much louder than I ever need them to be, but to get enough juice to properly demo that pair I'd say you need a desktop amp for it. If you don't want to do that I'm sure it would give you at least a vague idea of they would sound like on a stronger amp though.
i've been using the hp-p1 for quite some time and i noticed a big drop in battery life for a full charge. i only get like 3-4 hours of bat life from a full charge. has anyone opened up the hp-p1 to see what kind of batteries do i need to have the existing one replaced? no more warranty since i got it from a trade. your help would be greatly appreciated
I think one way to damage the battery is to flatten and then leave uncharged for at least a few days?
The battery is soldered to the mainboard via a number of wires, it may be possible to get a larger capacity replacement, looks like there is room.
It might be best to contact Fostex to find out what kind of battery it is. Worst comes to worst they won't tell you, but they might even offer to replace it or ship a battery to you if you feel comfortable soldering. Who knows until you ask?
i've already contacted fostex and they just told me to refer to my local distributor. it's still a problem since there's no local distributor in my country
here are the idevices that i use the hp-p1 with:
iPod Classic : 1.1.2
iPad Mini: 6.1.3
iPhone: iOS7 beta 5
iPod Touch: 6.1.3
also i never use the amp. i only use the DAC and connect it to my other amps.
what is your firmware of your Fostex hp_p1.....................
I just got mine today. To answer my own question on whether the USB cable makes a difference to the sound, my answer would have to be yes.
Yet another veil has been removed from the sound. It's now cleaner and more dynamic, active-sounding.
Why is that, I may never know.
- Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread)
- › [NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7) 2 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 41 seconds ago
- › Grado - HF2's original owner 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Meet Alpha Prime 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 4 minutes ago
- › What headphones are these? From the movie A Nightmare on Elm Street 4 minutes ago
- › KEF M500/M200 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Headset for $70 (max) 6 minutes ago
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V2 by Zeejet
- › Sennheiser HD 202 Headphones by serman005
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by stuartfang
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3