Did anyone try to drive a Beyerdynamic T1 with the HP-P1? I have the possibility to demo the T1 at a local shop and would like to bring my own amp with me but want to avoid carrying a desktop amp around.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Takato's Giant Wanted Ad Last post on Yesterday at 8:13 pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Fostex Goodsmile collab "Toon Workshop" headphones Last post on 6/22/14 at 10:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Will we ever see new high impedance headphones? Last post on 6/3/14 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- any recommendations for my new fostex HP-P1 Last post on 5/11/14 at 2:23pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
So I want to start off by stating that is this is my first real review of any headphone on this website. I am not an audiophile by any stretch of you imagination! I will try to best explain what my...
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread) - Page 78
Gear mentioned in this thread:
After looking at the stats on the T1 I'd say there's no way the HP could do it. On my shure iems it can get much louder than I ever need them to be, but to get enough juice to properly demo that pair I'd say you need a desktop amp for it. If you don't want to do that I'm sure it would give you at least a vague idea of they would sound like on a stronger amp though.
i've been using the hp-p1 for quite some time and i noticed a big drop in battery life for a full charge. i only get like 3-4 hours of bat life from a full charge. has anyone opened up the hp-p1 to see what kind of batteries do i need to have the existing one replaced? no more warranty since i got it from a trade. your help would be greatly appreciated
I think one way to damage the battery is to flatten and then leave uncharged for at least a few days?
The battery is soldered to the mainboard via a number of wires, it may be possible to get a larger capacity replacement, looks like there is room.
It might be best to contact Fostex to find out what kind of battery it is. Worst comes to worst they won't tell you, but they might even offer to replace it or ship a battery to you if you feel comfortable soldering. Who knows until you ask?
i've already contacted fostex and they just told me to refer to my local distributor. it's still a problem since there's no local distributor in my country
here are the idevices that i use the hp-p1 with:
iPod Classic : 1.1.2
iPad Mini: 6.1.3
iPhone: iOS7 beta 5
iPod Touch: 6.1.3
also i never use the amp. i only use the DAC and connect it to my other amps.
what is your firmware of your Fostex hp_p1.....................
I just got mine today. To answer my own question on whether the USB cable makes a difference to the sound, my answer would have to be yes.
Yet another veil has been removed from the sound. It's now cleaner and more dynamic, active-sounding.
Why is that, I may never know.
- Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread)
- › The Official Grado 325i Owners Club. 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › JH13 custom or Roxanne universal? 4 minutes ago
- › V-Moda Crossfade LP 8 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 8 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 8 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 9 minutes ago
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 10 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 10 minutes ago
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › Caution Warnings When Purchasing Used...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3