Did anyone try to drive a Beyerdynamic T1 with the HP-P1? I have the possibility to demo the T1 at a local shop and would like to bring my own amp with me but want to avoid carrying a desktop amp around.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- FS: Fostex T10 & T20 (Vintage Orthodynamics) Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:00pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Takato's Giant Wanted Ad (Big update - 3/1/15) Last post on 2/17/15 at 3:32pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Fostex Goodsmile collab "Toon Workshop" headphones Last post on 6/22/14 at 10:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Will we ever see new high impedance headphones? Last post on 6/3/14 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
A little background before I start. I'm 16 years old and I slowly began to become addicted to fine, audiophile-quality headphones. I remember the first time I heard beats at an apple store. I...
The Major 6 was one of the older models in chord&Major's lineup that has been revamped into the Major 6'13, inline with the Tonal Earphone series design principles. While it looks identical to the...
REMEMBER! No elitists aloud here. Headphones are objects with personality! The richest people can enjoy the cheapest headphone just because it provides the sound he's looking for, has the highs...
xDuoo X2 : Watch out Sansa! This review is a part of the review tour organised by Hifinage in India. I'd like to thank them for giving me the opportunity to be on the tour. And more...
Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread) - Page 78
Gear mentioned in this thread:
After looking at the stats on the T1 I'd say there's no way the HP could do it. On my shure iems it can get much louder than I ever need them to be, but to get enough juice to properly demo that pair I'd say you need a desktop amp for it. If you don't want to do that I'm sure it would give you at least a vague idea of they would sound like on a stronger amp though.
i've been using the hp-p1 for quite some time and i noticed a big drop in battery life for a full charge. i only get like 3-4 hours of bat life from a full charge. has anyone opened up the hp-p1 to see what kind of batteries do i need to have the existing one replaced? no more warranty since i got it from a trade. your help would be greatly appreciated
I think one way to damage the battery is to flatten and then leave uncharged for at least a few days?
The battery is soldered to the mainboard via a number of wires, it may be possible to get a larger capacity replacement, looks like there is room.
It might be best to contact Fostex to find out what kind of battery it is. Worst comes to worst they won't tell you, but they might even offer to replace it or ship a battery to you if you feel comfortable soldering. Who knows until you ask?
i've already contacted fostex and they just told me to refer to my local distributor. it's still a problem since there's no local distributor in my country
here are the idevices that i use the hp-p1 with:
iPod Classic : 1.1.2
iPad Mini: 6.1.3
iPhone: iOS7 beta 5
iPod Touch: 6.1.3
also i never use the amp. i only use the DAC and connect it to my other amps.
what is your firmware of your Fostex hp_p1.....................
I just got mine today. To answer my own question on whether the USB cable makes a difference to the sound, my answer would have to be yes.
Yet another veil has been removed from the sound. It's now cleaner and more dynamic, active-sounding.
Why is that, I may never know.
- Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread)
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 4 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 34 seconds ago
- › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread 55 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › Vmoda Crossfade LP, Why all the bad reviews? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i Tour & Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by De1taE1even
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by iitime
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by De1taE1even
- › Skullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Size by cs098
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2