I've heard nothing but good things about the Hephaes, but as excited I am to try them, I'm 10 times more excited to try their DN-21 Quad driver IEMs.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DUNU Appreciation Thread Last post on 4/12/13 at 4:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DOUBLE REVIEW!!! DUNU Ares (DN-11) & DUNU Hephaes (DN-16) Last post on 8/13/11 at 9:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help! My IEM's are out-of-phase from the factory! Last post on 11/4/12 at 8:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing new IEMs, upgrade from Klipsch S4s Last post on 9/11/12 at 5:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Simple impressison of DUNU DN-19 Tai Chi Tunable earphone Last post on 10/17/12 at 1:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
A little bit about me: So I am Neil. a normal music loving lad who works here in Japan. I commute everyday, and I am always searching for the best value for my music needs. I currently use the...
I tested these headphones and was not very impressed with them. The price was very high for a used pair of headphones and it did not seem to compete well with other brands at lower price points....
[[SPOILER]] Disclaimer: The CL1 were provided to me as a part of the North American Review Tour by RHA. I have been given 10 days to listen to and then write a review where I will pass them along...
SPECS: No written spec was found for the UMI-BTA9 WHERE TO BUY / COST: http://amzn.to/2h6jhkA $69.99 new ( often heavily discounted down to $25 or less ) OVERVIEW Happy...
RHA CL750 – initial impressions Reid Heath Audio are a Scotland-based manufacturer who will be familiar to iFans, with their T10i and T20i all-metal IEMs being prominently displayed in...
[Review] Dunu Ares, Great Looks Meet Good Sound - Page 2post #16 of 218/16/11 at 5:10amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 218/16/11 at 5:51amQuote:
So is everyone! But their ETA on release is quite some time away... Over 6 months.post #18 of 218/16/11 at 5:54amThread Starterpost #19 of 218/16/11 at 11:35amQuote:Originally Posted by navmau
The Ares are really great IEMs! They are a Single BA, not Dynamic like the Hephaes. They have great bass for a single BA, really impressive. The Hephaes (once burned in for over 100hrs) sound better. Better, deeper bass and the mids and highs are very well balanced, obviously not as present as the Ares being a BA but overall, the Hephaes has a bit more to offer in terms of the total package. The Ares will not disappoint so either way, I don't think you will be disappointed.
You can find them at pretty good prices at lendmeurears.com
Sounds like the Hephaes really are just a more bassy version with its DD. Do you think these will compete with the other top dynamic IEMs out there?
The flames or whatever the red thing is on the housing of the Hephaes looks pretty cool IMO haha.post #20 of 218/16/11 at 5:11pm
I honestly feel the Hephaes will compete really well with IEMs under $100. Once they burn in, they really open up and the mids and highs are presented really well and the bass really is very nice and deep but controlled and textured well too.
Personally, I don't like the red flames BUT that is because I am a very minimalist person by nature so I would have preferred plain shells, without the red flames. From what I have read, I am in the minority as most people love the flames.
The Ares is great but if you want significant bass impact, the Hephaes are a much better chouce. The Crius mids and highs are super clear just like the Ares but the bass is significantly less than the Ares. The Trident is going to kick-butt in the under $50 bracket. These were really surprising. The highs are a sort-of-weak point but mids and lows are great. Bass has great texture, not as deep as the Hephaes but fantastic none-the-less.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Dunu Ares, Great Looks Meet Good Sound
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 40 seconds ago
- › opinons on power conditioners and regenerators ? 50 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser GSX 1000 / 1200 Impressions 58 seconds ago
- › Onkyo DP-X11 upcoming | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone capable DAP maybe 1 minute ago
- › Official X1 2nd gen stable firmware discussion thread--FW1.5.6 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA Forza Series: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 2 minutes ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iCAN SE amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › Open Back Headphones for gaming 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear