I've heard nothing but good things about the Hephaes, but as excited I am to try them, I'm 10 times more excited to try their DN-21 Quad driver IEMs.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DUNU Appreciation Thread Last post on 4/12/13 at 4:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DOUBLE REVIEW!!! DUNU Ares (DN-11) & DUNU Hephaes (DN-16) Last post on 8/13/11 at 9:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help! My IEM's are out-of-phase from the factory! Last post on 11/4/12 at 8:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing new IEMs, upgrade from Klipsch S4s Last post on 9/11/12 at 5:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Simple impressison of DUNU DN-19 Tai Chi Tunable earphone Last post on 10/17/12 at 1:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
FiiO Mont Blanc for IEM When you pick up the Mont Blanc you feel like you have something substantial in your hand. Not that is is overly heavy, no, it is conveys the impression that this thing...
I borrowed these from a friend as a trial and I can see why he likes them, unfortunately I do not. Let me elaborate on this as it's no justification at all to dismiss these earphone because I...
My main review is here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/752588/review-earwerkz-supra-the-universal-custom-in-ear-monitor. This will house the TL;DR version: From the comfort, custom-like fit,...
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer,...
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
[Review] Dunu Ares, Great Looks Meet Good Sound - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
So is everyone! But their ETA on release is quite some time away... Over 6 months.
The Ares are really great IEMs! They are a Single BA, not Dynamic like the Hephaes. They have great bass for a single BA, really impressive. The Hephaes (once burned in for over 100hrs) sound better. Better, deeper bass and the mids and highs are very well balanced, obviously not as present as the Ares being a BA but overall, the Hephaes has a bit more to offer in terms of the total package. The Ares will not disappoint so either way, I don't think you will be disappointed.
You can find them at pretty good prices at lendmeurears.com
Sounds like the Hephaes really are just a more bassy version with its DD. Do you think these will compete with the other top dynamic IEMs out there?
The flames or whatever the red thing is on the housing of the Hephaes looks pretty cool IMO haha.
I honestly feel the Hephaes will compete really well with IEMs under $100. Once they burn in, they really open up and the mids and highs are presented really well and the bass really is very nice and deep but controlled and textured well too.
Personally, I don't like the red flames BUT that is because I am a very minimalist person by nature so I would have preferred plain shells, without the red flames. From what I have read, I am in the minority as most people love the flames.
The Ares is great but if you want significant bass impact, the Hephaes are a much better chouce. The Crius mids and highs are super clear just like the Ares but the bass is significantly less than the Ares. The Trident is going to kick-butt in the under $50 bracket. These were really surprising. The highs are a sort-of-weak point but mids and lows are great. Bass has great texture, not as deep as the Hephaes but fantastic none-the-less.
- [Review] Dunu Ares, Great Looks Meet Good Sound
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › how to open AKG K-420 for Ear Pad replacement ? 27 seconds ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 43 seconds ago
- › Looking for a better source for my microphone (a modmic) 1 minute ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 1 minute ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › List of DACs that work with iPad 2 minutes ago
- › NVX XPT100 (HM5 clone) - nonexistent bass, tinny and artificial... 2 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)