I've heard nothing but good things about the Hephaes, but as excited I am to try them, I'm 10 times more excited to try their DN-21 Quad driver IEMs.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DUNU Appreciation Thread Last post on 4/12/13 at 4:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DOUBLE REVIEW!!! DUNU Ares (DN-11) & DUNU Hephaes (DN-16) Last post on 8/13/11 at 9:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help! My IEM's are out-of-phase from the factory! Last post on 11/4/12 at 8:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing new IEMs, upgrade from Klipsch S4s Last post on 9/11/12 at 5:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Simple impressison of DUNU DN-19 Tai Chi Tunable earphone Last post on 10/17/12 at 1:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
[Review] Dunu Ares, Great Looks Meet Good Sound - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So is everyone! But their ETA on release is quite some time away... Over 6 months.
The Ares are really great IEMs! They are a Single BA, not Dynamic like the Hephaes. They have great bass for a single BA, really impressive. The Hephaes (once burned in for over 100hrs) sound better. Better, deeper bass and the mids and highs are very well balanced, obviously not as present as the Ares being a BA but overall, the Hephaes has a bit more to offer in terms of the total package. The Ares will not disappoint so either way, I don't think you will be disappointed.
You can find them at pretty good prices at lendmeurears.com
Sounds like the Hephaes really are just a more bassy version with its DD. Do you think these will compete with the other top dynamic IEMs out there?
The flames or whatever the red thing is on the housing of the Hephaes looks pretty cool IMO haha.
I honestly feel the Hephaes will compete really well with IEMs under $100. Once they burn in, they really open up and the mids and highs are presented really well and the bass really is very nice and deep but controlled and textured well too.
Personally, I don't like the red flames BUT that is because I am a very minimalist person by nature so I would have preferred plain shells, without the red flames. From what I have read, I am in the minority as most people love the flames.
The Ares is great but if you want significant bass impact, the Hephaes are a much better chouce. The Crius mids and highs are super clear just like the Ares but the bass is significantly less than the Ares. The Trident is going to kick-butt in the under $50 bracket. These were really surprising. The highs are a sort-of-weak point but mids and lows are great. Bass has great texture, not as deep as the Hephaes but fantastic none-the-less.
- [Review] Dunu Ares, Great Looks Meet Good Sound
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 7 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 23 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 29 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 34 seconds ago
- › HM-901 54 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Compass 2 amp/DAC Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › Are the B&O H6 headphonesworth it? 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)