I've heard nothing but good things about the Hephaes, but as excited I am to try them, I'm 10 times more excited to try their DN-21 Quad driver IEMs.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DUNU Appreciation Thread Last post on 4/12/13 at 4:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DOUBLE REVIEW!!! DUNU Ares (DN-11) & DUNU Hephaes (DN-16) Last post on 8/13/11 at 9:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help! My IEM's are out-of-phase from the factory! Last post on 11/4/12 at 8:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing new IEMs, upgrade from Klipsch S4s Last post on 9/11/12 at 5:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Simple impressison of DUNU DN-19 Tai Chi Tunable earphone Last post on 10/17/12 at 1:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
[Review] Dunu Ares, Great Looks Meet Good Sound - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So is everyone! But their ETA on release is quite some time away... Over 6 months.
The Ares are really great IEMs! They are a Single BA, not Dynamic like the Hephaes. They have great bass for a single BA, really impressive. The Hephaes (once burned in for over 100hrs) sound better. Better, deeper bass and the mids and highs are very well balanced, obviously not as present as the Ares being a BA but overall, the Hephaes has a bit more to offer in terms of the total package. The Ares will not disappoint so either way, I don't think you will be disappointed.
You can find them at pretty good prices at lendmeurears.com
Sounds like the Hephaes really are just a more bassy version with its DD. Do you think these will compete with the other top dynamic IEMs out there?
The flames or whatever the red thing is on the housing of the Hephaes looks pretty cool IMO haha.
I honestly feel the Hephaes will compete really well with IEMs under $100. Once they burn in, they really open up and the mids and highs are presented really well and the bass really is very nice and deep but controlled and textured well too.
Personally, I don't like the red flames BUT that is because I am a very minimalist person by nature so I would have preferred plain shells, without the red flames. From what I have read, I am in the minority as most people love the flames.
The Ares is great but if you want significant bass impact, the Hephaes are a much better chouce. The Crius mids and highs are super clear just like the Ares but the bass is significantly less than the Ares. The Trident is going to kick-butt in the under $50 bracket. These were really surprising. The highs are a sort-of-weak point but mids and lows are great. Bass has great texture, not as deep as the Hephaes but fantastic none-the-less.
- [Review] Dunu Ares, Great Looks Meet Good Sound
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 19 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)