I've heard nothing but good things about the Hephaes, but as excited I am to try them, I'm 10 times more excited to try their DN-21 Quad driver IEMs.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DUNU Appreciation Thread Last post on 4/12/13 at 4:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DOUBLE REVIEW!!! DUNU Ares (DN-11) & DUNU Hephaes (DN-16) Last post on 8/13/11 at 9:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help! My IEM's are out-of-phase from the factory! Last post on 11/4/12 at 8:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing new IEMs, upgrade from Klipsch S4s Last post on 9/11/12 at 5:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Simple impressison of DUNU DN-19 Tai Chi Tunable earphone Last post on 10/17/12 at 1:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Incipio F38 Remember the famous budget cans, the RP-HTF600? They we're great once modded, and so are these! So let's talk. This won't be a Super Detailed Review. Overall Sound: Highs...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
[Review] Dunu Ares, Great Looks Meet Good Sound - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
So is everyone! But their ETA on release is quite some time away... Over 6 months.
The Ares are really great IEMs! They are a Single BA, not Dynamic like the Hephaes. They have great bass for a single BA, really impressive. The Hephaes (once burned in for over 100hrs) sound better. Better, deeper bass and the mids and highs are very well balanced, obviously not as present as the Ares being a BA but overall, the Hephaes has a bit more to offer in terms of the total package. The Ares will not disappoint so either way, I don't think you will be disappointed.
You can find them at pretty good prices at lendmeurears.com
Sounds like the Hephaes really are just a more bassy version with its DD. Do you think these will compete with the other top dynamic IEMs out there?
The flames or whatever the red thing is on the housing of the Hephaes looks pretty cool IMO haha.
I honestly feel the Hephaes will compete really well with IEMs under $100. Once they burn in, they really open up and the mids and highs are presented really well and the bass really is very nice and deep but controlled and textured well too.
Personally, I don't like the red flames BUT that is because I am a very minimalist person by nature so I would have preferred plain shells, without the red flames. From what I have read, I am in the minority as most people love the flames.
The Ares is great but if you want significant bass impact, the Hephaes are a much better chouce. The Crius mids and highs are super clear just like the Ares but the bass is significantly less than the Ares. The Trident is going to kick-butt in the under $50 bracket. These were really surprising. The highs are a sort-of-weak point but mids and lows are great. Bass has great texture, not as deep as the Hephaes but fantastic none-the-less.
- [Review] Dunu Ares, Great Looks Meet Good Sound
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 46 seconds ago
- › FS: ALO Audio Continental v2 hybrid tube amp, black, as new, priced... 1 minute ago
- › Need help finding a headphone extension cable please 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › My Search Ends Here - Oppo, HiFiMAN, B&W, M&D, Momentum 2, Philips 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 4 minutes ago
- › New here :) | In need of a desktop amp for my Sennheiser HD598 5 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by SonicSedi
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2