Hey guys what is the best IEM for working out that are also comfortable. My price range is about 100
- productAdidas CX 680 Sports Earcanal Headphones with Volume Control and Earfin Holding Systemtagged by System, 8/10/11
- productBose® IE2 audio headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
- brandBrainwavztagged by System, 8/10/11
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 8/10/11
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/10/11
- productJVC HAFX67A Air Cushion In-Ear Headphones (Blue)tagged by System, 8/10/11
- brandPhonaktagged by System, 8/10/11
- productSennheiser Adidas CX 680i Sports Headsettagged by System, 8/10/11
- productSony MDR-EX510LP In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11More
- productUltimate Ears-Metro.fi 100v Noise-Isolating Earphones for iPhone (Black)tagged by System, 8/10/11
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- etymotic hf 5 vs hf3 vs westone 1 Last post on 8/11/11 at 6:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE 215 vs Etymotic Research HF3/ HF 5 vs Boss IE2 Last post on 8/6/13 at 9:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding on IEM's Last post on 11/1/12 at 3:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Suprisingly, this cheap in ear jlab sounded good enough for me to come here and get into better sound.
Ah, the WA7 "Fireflies" from Woo Audio. As stunning to behold as it is to hear! This is my first piece of amp/DAC kit that retails for over $1k and well, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I think...
Many thanks to Venture Electronics for the VE Monk review sample! Product website: http://eng.52ve.cn/product.php?cm_id=205 I haven't been using earbud for quite a long time since my...
INTRODUCTION: The Havit H91DJ is a budget over-ear headphone with a warm signature. Sound quality is very impressive considering the low cost. The value of these headphones is quite high,...
Intro: SoundFoundations, is a company which manufactures accessories like racks, stands, and vibration control & custom cables. It is based in India. SoundFoundations is known in India for...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Best I.E.Ms for working out?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Cheap: JVC FX67 ($20)
Midrange: Phonak Audeo 012 (Perfect bass) ($90)
Expensive: Vsonic gr07 ($160)
These are the ones I currently use and I should have the Soundmagic e30s next week sometime to fill in the lower middle area ($45). :)
Edited by dbdynsty25 - 8/5/11 at 4:56pm
Bose ie2! Theyre open design so you will hear everything going on around you(a must for running or biking on public streets), and with the ear fits they stay in no matter what. Portapros are also good, but the bose replaced them for me.
I am really diggin the phonaks. Have you had experience with the DUNUS or Brainwavz. If so would you put any of the DUNU/Brainwavz over the phonaks?
Danget i guess ill have to look into those too! They look pretty nice!!
if you just need IEMs that don;t fall out then as long as sound quality isn't total trash you should be ok, right? The CX680 Sport should be good enough.
Anyway fit is pretty personal some fit well on others but not on some ears. But general guideline is get something light and plastic. The lighter it is the less likely it'll fall out. So stay away from stuff like Turbines.
I personally liked the Brainwavz M3s a bit better from a sound perspective, but the Phonaks are so light, they fit so well and have a nice cable as far as a chin slider to keep them in place during active movement. They are both fantastic headphones however, so you can't go wrong with either...the fit of the Phonaks just destroys almost every other headphone I've tried and they sound great as well. The only headphone that did both as well is the GR07 and that's 80 bucks more expensive (of course, that's what I settled on too, lol).
Consider the Meelec M6. They go over the ear so will stay very secure during workouts. They are said to have great sound quality and they are relatively cheap so you don't need to worry much about damage.
I have a pair on the way (with microphone for calls). I will be using it for workouts along with my xperia mobile phone. The microphone button has the added benefit of being able to control the phone's music player.
Tried them...wasn't a fan for hip hop and southern rock (my genres of choice). The VSonic GR07s are significantly better for those genres. The B2s distorted quite a bit when turned up loud for working out whereas the Phonaks and the Vsonics don't at all. I've loved all of the Brainwavz I've tried EXCEPT the B2s. Guess I'm just not into the bright analytical type headphones.
not sure about the price range, but if you can get them cheap, ultimate ears triple.fi 10s work great.
I use mine with an ipod for running and the vi. version lets you control your ipod with the answering phone button. i've run some half marathons with them and never really had a problem with them falling out... cept you need to make sure you're watching the road with the isolation
There noise isolating so ill get hit by a car lol! they seem a little expensive
I am set on buying the phonaks. Thanks a lot dude! Btw are the green ear filters good? or should i buy the black or grey?
my genres are hip hop and rap1
- Best I.E.Ms for working out?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 6 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › USB external with RCA And SPDIF out 2 minutes ago
- › want to change my denon d2000 to a better headphone , is there any... 2 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info, Discussion and Tour Link 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 4 minutes ago
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2