Hey guys what is the best IEM for working out that are also comfortable. My price range is about 100
- productAdidas CX 680 Sports Earcanal Headphones with Volume Control and Earfin Holding Systemtagged by System, 8/10/11
- productBose® IE2 audio headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
- brandBrainwavztagged by System, 8/10/11
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 8/10/11
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/10/11
- productJVC HAFX67A Air Cushion In-Ear Headphones (Blue)tagged by System, 8/10/11
- brandPhonaktagged by System, 8/10/11
- productSennheiser Adidas CX 680i Sports Headsettagged by System, 8/10/11
- productSony MDR-EX510LP In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11More
- productUltimate Ears-Metro.fi 100v Noise-Isolating Earphones for iPhone (Black)tagged by System, 8/10/11
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- etymotic hf 5 vs hf3 vs westone 1 Last post on 8/11/11 at 6:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE 215 vs Etymotic Research HF3/ HF 5 vs Boss IE2 Last post on 8/6/13 at 9:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding on IEM's Last post on 11/1/12 at 3:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
So, this is my firest review on Head-Fi. My name is Jonny, I'm 23. Masters student studying Future Design, I work part time in my local phone store and I've been in love with audio since I was...
I would like to thank Christian from plusSound for providing the X8 GPC in return for my honest opinion. Introduction PlusSound started making cables around 2012, and has consistently been...
I've recentlty bougth them for office. All i wanted was a pair of fairly decent cans within the budget ive prepaired for this occasion. Unboxing was a surprise, in the package we get a nice pair...
If you are a bass head and like still like to hear to rest of the music, then this Burson V4 could be for you. Charles at Burson had offered the V5 in exchange for a honest evaluation. I did...
Preamble: Founded just last year in 2015, ORIVETI (http://www.oriveti.com/) is still a new company on the market that is however not new to the audio business, having members in their...
Best I.E.Ms for working out?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 238/5/11 at 4:19pmpost #3 of 238/5/11 at 4:47pmThread Starterpost #4 of 238/5/11 at 4:55pm
Cheap: JVC FX67 ($20)
Midrange: Phonak Audeo 012 (Perfect bass) ($90)
Expensive: Vsonic gr07 ($160)
These are the ones I currently use and I should have the Soundmagic e30s next week sometime to fill in the lower middle area ($45). :)
Edited by dbdynsty25 - 8/5/11 at 4:56pmpost #5 of 238/5/11 at 5:14pm
Bose ie2! Theyre open design so you will hear everything going on around you(a must for running or biking on public streets), and with the ear fits they stay in no matter what. Portapros are also good, but the bose replaced them for me.post #6 of 238/5/11 at 5:46pmThread Starter
I am really diggin the phonaks. Have you had experience with the DUNUS or Brainwavz. If so would you put any of the DUNU/Brainwavz over the phonaks?
Danget i guess ill have to look into those too! They look pretty nice!!post #7 of 238/5/11 at 6:45pmQuote:
if you just need IEMs that don;t fall out then as long as sound quality isn't total trash you should be ok, right? The CX680 Sport should be good enough.
Anyway fit is pretty personal some fit well on others but not on some ears. But general guideline is get something light and plastic. The lighter it is the less likely it'll fall out. So stay away from stuff like Turbines.post #8 of 238/5/11 at 9:13pmpost #9 of 238/6/11 at 10:13amQuote:
I personally liked the Brainwavz M3s a bit better from a sound perspective, but the Phonaks are so light, they fit so well and have a nice cable as far as a chin slider to keep them in place during active movement. They are both fantastic headphones however, so you can't go wrong with either...the fit of the Phonaks just destroys almost every other headphone I've tried and they sound great as well. The only headphone that did both as well is the GR07 and that's 80 bucks more expensive (of course, that's what I settled on too, lol).post #10 of 238/6/11 at 2:59pmThread Starterpost #11 of 238/7/11 at 4:15ampost #12 of 238/7/11 at 8:42pm
Consider the Meelec M6. They go over the ear so will stay very secure during workouts. They are said to have great sound quality and they are relatively cheap so you don't need to worry much about damage.
I have a pair on the way (with microphone for calls). I will be using it for workouts along with my xperia mobile phone. The microphone button has the added benefit of being able to control the phone's music player.post #13 of 238/7/11 at 11:23pmQuote:
Tried them...wasn't a fan for hip hop and southern rock (my genres of choice). The VSonic GR07s are significantly better for those genres. The B2s distorted quite a bit when turned up loud for working out whereas the Phonaks and the Vsonics don't at all. I've loved all of the Brainwavz I've tried EXCEPT the B2s. Guess I'm just not into the bright analytical type headphones.post #14 of 238/8/11 at 6:00am
not sure about the price range, but if you can get them cheap, ultimate ears triple.fi 10s work great.
I use mine with an ipod for running and the vi. version lets you control your ipod with the answering phone button. i've run some half marathons with them and never really had a problem with them falling out... cept you need to make sure you're watching the road with the isolationpost #15 of 238/8/11 at 12:07pmThread Starter
There noise isolating so ill get hit by a car lol! they seem a little expensive
I am set on buying the phonaks. Thanks a lot dude! Btw are the green ear filters good? or should i buy the black or grey?
my genres are hip hop and rap1Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best I.E.Ms for working out?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Mixing audio output from two 5.1 PC sources out to a single set of... 7 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 23 seconds ago
- › Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) 1 minute ago
- › Your suggestions about Utopia / Elear 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Cypherlabs AlgoRhythm Picollo Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSine 20 by AudioJunki3
- › PlusSound X8 IEM Cable by flinkenick
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by d1554573r
- › Supreme Sound Opamp V4 by snellemin
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by HiFiChris
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by cleg
- › Meze 11 Neo by mgunin
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear