Hey guys what is the best IEM for working out that are also comfortable. My price range is about 100
- productAdidas CX 680 Sports Earcanal Headphones with Volume Control and Earfin Holding Systemtagged by System, 8/10/11
- productBose® IE2 audio headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
- brandBrainwavztagged by System, 8/10/11
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 8/10/11
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones (Cobalt)tagged by System, 8/10/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/10/11
- productJVC HAFX67A Air Cushion In-Ear Headphones (Blue)tagged by System, 8/10/11
- brandPhonaktagged by System, 8/10/11
- productSennheiser Adidas CX 680i Sports Headsettagged by System, 8/10/11
- productSony MDR-EX510LP In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11More
- productUltimate Ears-Metro.fi 100v Noise-Isolating Earphones for iPhone (Black)tagged by System, 8/10/11
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- etymotic hf 5 vs hf3 vs westone 1 Last post on 8/11/11 at 6:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE 215 vs Etymotic Research HF3/ HF 5 vs Boss IE2 Last post on 8/6/13 at 9:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding on IEM's Last post on 11/1/12 at 3:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Best I.E.Ms for working out?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Cheap: JVC FX67 ($20)
Midrange: Phonak Audeo 012 (Perfect bass) ($90)
Expensive: Vsonic gr07 ($160)
These are the ones I currently use and I should have the Soundmagic e30s next week sometime to fill in the lower middle area ($45). :)
Edited by dbdynsty25 - 8/5/11 at 4:56pm
Bose ie2! Theyre open design so you will hear everything going on around you(a must for running or biking on public streets), and with the ear fits they stay in no matter what. Portapros are also good, but the bose replaced them for me.
I am really diggin the phonaks. Have you had experience with the DUNUS or Brainwavz. If so would you put any of the DUNU/Brainwavz over the phonaks?
Danget i guess ill have to look into those too! They look pretty nice!!
if you just need IEMs that don;t fall out then as long as sound quality isn't total trash you should be ok, right? The CX680 Sport should be good enough.
Anyway fit is pretty personal some fit well on others but not on some ears. But general guideline is get something light and plastic. The lighter it is the less likely it'll fall out. So stay away from stuff like Turbines.
I personally liked the Brainwavz M3s a bit better from a sound perspective, but the Phonaks are so light, they fit so well and have a nice cable as far as a chin slider to keep them in place during active movement. They are both fantastic headphones however, so you can't go wrong with either...the fit of the Phonaks just destroys almost every other headphone I've tried and they sound great as well. The only headphone that did both as well is the GR07 and that's 80 bucks more expensive (of course, that's what I settled on too, lol).
Consider the Meelec M6. They go over the ear so will stay very secure during workouts. They are said to have great sound quality and they are relatively cheap so you don't need to worry much about damage.
I have a pair on the way (with microphone for calls). I will be using it for workouts along with my xperia mobile phone. The microphone button has the added benefit of being able to control the phone's music player.
Tried them...wasn't a fan for hip hop and southern rock (my genres of choice). The VSonic GR07s are significantly better for those genres. The B2s distorted quite a bit when turned up loud for working out whereas the Phonaks and the Vsonics don't at all. I've loved all of the Brainwavz I've tried EXCEPT the B2s. Guess I'm just not into the bright analytical type headphones.
not sure about the price range, but if you can get them cheap, ultimate ears triple.fi 10s work great.
I use mine with an ipod for running and the vi. version lets you control your ipod with the answering phone button. i've run some half marathons with them and never really had a problem with them falling out... cept you need to make sure you're watching the road with the isolation
There noise isolating so ill get hit by a car lol! they seem a little expensive
I am set on buying the phonaks. Thanks a lot dude! Btw are the green ear filters good? or should i buy the black or grey?
my genres are hip hop and rap1
- Best I.E.Ms for working out?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 19 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 4 minutes ago
- › Pioneer SE-A1000 Appreciation Club ( Sennheiser HD 650 for $45?) 5 minutes ago
- › Closed headphones for metal 5 minutes ago
- › FS: (PRICE DROP) Schiit Lyr w/ stock tubes and 1960's Tesla ECC88... 5 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 6 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Appreciation Society 6 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 6 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob