Hey guys what is the best IEM for working out that are also comfortable. My price range is about 100
- productAdidas CX 680 Sports Earcanal Headphones with Volume Control and Earfin Holding Systemtagged by System, 8/10/11
- productBose® IE2 audio headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
- brandBrainwavztagged by System, 8/10/11
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 8/10/11
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones (Cobalt)tagged by System, 8/10/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/10/11
- productJVC HAFX67A Air Cushion In-Ear Headphones (Blue)tagged by System, 8/10/11
- brandPhonaktagged by System, 8/10/11
- productSennheiser Adidas CX 680i Sports Headsettagged by System, 8/10/11
- productSony MDR-EX510LP In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11More
- productUltimate Ears-Metro.fi 100v Noise-Isolating Earphones for iPhone (Black)tagged by System, 8/10/11
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- etymotic hf 5 vs hf3 vs westone 1 Last post on 8/11/11 at 6:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE 215 vs Etymotic Research HF3/ HF 5 vs Boss IE2 Last post on 8/6/13 at 9:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding on IEM's Last post on 11/1/12 at 3:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
After being a creative fanboy for ever since,decided to try the asus STX II after reading some good reviews about the first one,from users over the net. compared to my previous creative ZXR which...
Disclosure: This review is based off a review unit of the retail version of the S5, provided by Brainwavz. This is my first in-depth encounter with a Brainwavz product, having only demoed previous...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
I don't constantly own a huge headphone inventory, in the past I had the Sennheiser Amperior + HD25, ATH-M50X, and currently have the V-MODA M100. Compared to those headphones the K267 is superior...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Best I.E.Ms for working out?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Cheap: JVC FX67 ($20)
Midrange: Phonak Audeo 012 (Perfect bass) ($90)
Expensive: Vsonic gr07 ($160)
These are the ones I currently use and I should have the Soundmagic e30s next week sometime to fill in the lower middle area ($45). :)
Edited by dbdynsty25 - 8/5/11 at 4:56pm
Bose ie2! Theyre open design so you will hear everything going on around you(a must for running or biking on public streets), and with the ear fits they stay in no matter what. Portapros are also good, but the bose replaced them for me.
I am really diggin the phonaks. Have you had experience with the DUNUS or Brainwavz. If so would you put any of the DUNU/Brainwavz over the phonaks?
Danget i guess ill have to look into those too! They look pretty nice!!
if you just need IEMs that don;t fall out then as long as sound quality isn't total trash you should be ok, right? The CX680 Sport should be good enough.
Anyway fit is pretty personal some fit well on others but not on some ears. But general guideline is get something light and plastic. The lighter it is the less likely it'll fall out. So stay away from stuff like Turbines.
I personally liked the Brainwavz M3s a bit better from a sound perspective, but the Phonaks are so light, they fit so well and have a nice cable as far as a chin slider to keep them in place during active movement. They are both fantastic headphones however, so you can't go wrong with either...the fit of the Phonaks just destroys almost every other headphone I've tried and they sound great as well. The only headphone that did both as well is the GR07 and that's 80 bucks more expensive (of course, that's what I settled on too, lol).
Consider the Meelec M6. They go over the ear so will stay very secure during workouts. They are said to have great sound quality and they are relatively cheap so you don't need to worry much about damage.
I have a pair on the way (with microphone for calls). I will be using it for workouts along with my xperia mobile phone. The microphone button has the added benefit of being able to control the phone's music player.
Tried them...wasn't a fan for hip hop and southern rock (my genres of choice). The VSonic GR07s are significantly better for those genres. The B2s distorted quite a bit when turned up loud for working out whereas the Phonaks and the Vsonics don't at all. I've loved all of the Brainwavz I've tried EXCEPT the B2s. Guess I'm just not into the bright analytical type headphones.
not sure about the price range, but if you can get them cheap, ultimate ears triple.fi 10s work great.
I use mine with an ipod for running and the vi. version lets you control your ipod with the answering phone button. i've run some half marathons with them and never really had a problem with them falling out... cept you need to make sure you're watching the road with the isolation
There noise isolating so ill get hit by a car lol! they seem a little expensive
I am set on buying the phonaks. Thanks a lot dude! Btw are the green ear filters good? or should i buy the black or grey?
my genres are hip hop and rap1
- Best I.E.Ms for working out?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 8 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 11 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 16 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 45 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 49 seconds ago
- › Philips A5-PRO "Armin Van Buuren Collaboration" (Owners and... 1 minute ago
- › Comparison / Review : Beyerdynamic’s Siblings – The Classic DT880... 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Who will review the Tekfusion® Twinwoofers® In-Ear Headphones? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by tomscy2000
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kwilt
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)