Hey guys what is the best IEM for working out that are also comfortable. My price range is about 100
- itemAdidas CX 680 Sports Earcanal Headphones With Volume Control And Earfin Holding System
- itemBose IE2 Audio Headphones
- itemEtymotic Research HF3
- itemEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In Ear Earphones Cobalt
- categoryIn Ear
- itemJVC HAFX67A Air Cushion In Ear Headphones Blue
- itemSennheiser Adidas CX 680i Sports Headset
- itemSony MDR EX510LP In Ear Headphones
- itemUltimate Ears Metro Fi 100v Noise Isolating Earphones For IPhone Black
- itemWestone 1 Earphones
Related Forum Threads
- etymotic hf 5 vs hf3 vs westone 1 Last post on 8/11/11 at 6:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE 215 vs Etymotic Research HF3/ HF 5 vs Boss IE2 Last post on 11/23/11 at 10:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - READ THE FIRST POST! Last post on Today at 6:32 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding on IEM's Last post on 11/1/12 at 3:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Edited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
Related Head Gear
Owned a variety of DAC's DAP/sources, Cowon J3, Hisound Studio 3rd Anniversary, Dacport LX, HRT Music Streamer II+, Sony Walkman Z. The DX100 completely blows them all away with it's reference...
Before you read this, I think you should know that I'm not an audiophile and that English isn't my native language. Let me start this on a positive note. The design of Razer Tiamat...
Performance: Generally really well. Shouldn't lag at all with normal usage. Should be able to handle most modern apps. I managed to get around 8000 on Antutu Benchmark. Currently runs Android...
A few years ago I was a big fan of the Shuttle Barebone SFF PCs for LAN party gaming. I also was a big fan of surround audio for gaming. I had a soundblaster that days. But the graphics cards grew...
Good solid bass, not very impactful, definitely not for bassheads. Has a warmer feel, and is not very laid back. Also less colored than I would expect. Overall good, as I paid around 120 for...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Best I.E.Ms for working out?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Cheap: JVC FX67 ($20)
Midrange: Phonak Audeo 012 (Perfect bass) ($90)
Expensive: Vsonic gr07 ($160)
These are the ones I currently use and I should have the Soundmagic e30s next week sometime to fill in the lower middle area ($45). :)
Edited by dbdynsty25 - 8/5/11 at 4:56pm
Bose ie2! Theyre open design so you will hear everything going on around you(a must for running or biking on public streets), and with the ear fits they stay in no matter what. Portapros are also good, but the bose replaced them for me.
I am really diggin the phonaks. Have you had experience with the DUNUS or Brainwavz. If so would you put any of the DUNU/Brainwavz over the phonaks?
Danget i guess ill have to look into those too! They look pretty nice!!
if you just need IEMs that don;t fall out then as long as sound quality isn't total trash you should be ok, right? The CX680 Sport should be good enough.
Anyway fit is pretty personal some fit well on others but not on some ears. But general guideline is get something light and plastic. The lighter it is the less likely it'll fall out. So stay away from stuff like Turbines.
I personally liked the Brainwavz M3s a bit better from a sound perspective, but the Phonaks are so light, they fit so well and have a nice cable as far as a chin slider to keep them in place during active movement. They are both fantastic headphones however, so you can't go wrong with either...the fit of the Phonaks just destroys almost every other headphone I've tried and they sound great as well. The only headphone that did both as well is the GR07 and that's 80 bucks more expensive (of course, that's what I settled on too, lol).
Consider the Meelec M6. They go over the ear so will stay very secure during workouts. They are said to have great sound quality and they are relatively cheap so you don't need to worry much about damage.
I have a pair on the way (with microphone for calls). I will be using it for workouts along with my xperia mobile phone. The microphone button has the added benefit of being able to control the phone's music player.
Tried them...wasn't a fan for hip hop and southern rock (my genres of choice). The VSonic GR07s are significantly better for those genres. The B2s distorted quite a bit when turned up loud for working out whereas the Phonaks and the Vsonics don't at all. I've loved all of the Brainwavz I've tried EXCEPT the B2s. Guess I'm just not into the bright analytical type headphones.
not sure about the price range, but if you can get them cheap, ultimate ears triple.fi 10s work great.
I use mine with an ipod for running and the vi. version lets you control your ipod with the answering phone button. i've run some half marathons with them and never really had a problem with them falling out... cept you need to make sure you're watching the road with the isolation
There noise isolating so ill get hit by a car lol! they seem a little expensive
I am set on buying the phonaks. Thanks a lot dude! Btw are the green ear filters good? or should i buy the black or grey?
my genres are hip hop and rap1
- Best I.E.Ms for working out?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like... 37 seconds ago
- › A Concise View of Why The ATH-M50 is No Longer King 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Why do CDs sound better than loss less audio files? 4 minutes ago
- › New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced... 4 minutes ago
- › Official Los Angeles Regional Summer Meet - Saturday, July 20, 2013... 4 minutes ago
- › Norse Skuld 8 headphone cable for Audeze LCD2 and LCD3 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-6 vs Audeze LCD-3 6 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 6 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux owners 7 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by David Chavez
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by Landon Watson
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by tintoy
- › JDS Labs ODAC by Rem0o
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STU by project86
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe