Though I'm new to headphones over 40 bucks and new to dubstep. I can second the Denon AH-D1100. Bass sounds great without being muddy. However if i'm listening to some rock, I lower it a bit through my EQ as it's just a little too much.
Related Forum Threads
- Denon D2000 Amping help please Last post on 5/11/12 at 5:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple IEM worth $59? Last post on 1/4/12 at 8:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sleeping Headphones? Last post on 12/4/11 at 11:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- A yet another 'neutral' closed can thread. Slight twist though Last post on 7/6/12 at 4:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade Last post on 9/14/11 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Experience with Customer Service In case you want to see a video review, search youtube for "Jaybird Real time Review" and my video should be first on the list. I'm going to start by saying...
Just bought it over two months ago. It really added another dimension to the sound of music played in my macbook (since I used to listen to my itunes using the headphone jack) I notice details in...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Scott Byrer, Director of Marketing at Master & Dynamic for...
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
Dubstep Headphones - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 698/11/11 at 10:21pm
I listen to a lot of dubstep and electronic music. The UE TF10 are not uncomfortable at all nor do they have too much bass. The amount of bass they have is perfect for dubstep and they respond well to EQ. Just make sure you find the right tips and you will not have an issue with comfort. I can wear them for hours with no problems at all.post #63 of 698/11/11 at 10:37pmpost #64 of 698/12/11 at 3:56pmThread StarterQuote:
The 2 headphones Im going to get is the HFI 580 and the Atrio MG7'spost #65 of 695/8/12 at 6:36pm
Sorry to dust the ashes off an old thread but I assume you guys see the same every day and would prefer this over seeing a new one...
I am looking for over ear around $40 for the same purpose and a second set of IEMS for like jogging, walking or whatever near the same price something if they do get lost or whatever it isn't a big deal... then an upgrade set around 200-300... I know I am a little all over the place here and I apologies but I have recently lost my job and trying to come up with a few things while I can yet keep the future in mind… the time I spent reading reviews and all on other sets could have easily amounted into near a weeks’ worth of pay :( Took until now to realize that I doubt the others will cut it thought as I am a basshead ! may just see if I can find a deal on the Sony XB500s but eh… p.s. nice mix bro and thanks… (now onto my countless other tabs GRRR)post #66 of 695/8/12 at 6:47pm
I would go for a used pair of AKG 240's even new they're only about $100.00. I've written a few dubstep tracks and that's what I've used. Nice tight bass.
I just can't see how IEMs work for that genre (or any actually) ... I jam them into my ears and it pushes the wax in and hurts and my tinnitus gets worse
For jogging I would just pay attention to the traffic or listen to the birds. YMMV.post #67 of 698/6/12 at 11:28ampost #68 of 6910/5/12 at 7:27pm
Sony MDR-XB700 If you just want a bass cannon, which I suspect most new age "brostep" listeners would want. Used Ultrasone 900 (if you're lucky to find it for 250-300) which is a refined bass cannon and Denon 2000 which is a refined bass headphone. I personally think Denon 2000's are the best all around EDM headphone, from techno, to DnB to dubstep and everything in between.
Edited by Folex - 10/5/12 at 7:32pmpost #69 of 6911/17/12 at 10:18pm
Alright I know this is an old thread, but i have an IMPORTANT question. I listen to dubstep as well, along with techno, house, trance, other electronic. I LOVE bass. I would definately consider myself a basshead. But I need your guys opinion on my next headphone buy. Right now I use Sony MDR-XB700 amped with a Fiio e6 and I love the sound. Something similar or with that kind of feel and power would be awesome. My price range is around $150. I've been thinking about Audio Technica ATH-M50, Beyerdynamic DT770 pro, and V-Moda Crossfad LP. Which of these would work well with my amp and prefered genres? Also if you have other opinions they would be appreciated.
- Dubstep Headphones
- Headphone Impedance
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 5 seconds ago
- › Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA dual dynamic driver iem 18 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Need help to find my path - hd650/600 vs K7xx vs Fidelio x2 vs... 1 minute ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 2 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Thinking about getting a pair of buds...decisions decisions... 5 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Opamp thread 7 minutes ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 7 minutes ago
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Plus DAC by lalojimenez
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by thatBeatsguy
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3