Though I'm new to headphones over 40 bucks and new to dubstep. I can second the Denon AH-D1100. Bass sounds great without being muddy. However if i'm listening to some rock, I lower it a bit through my EQ as it's just a little too much.
Related Forum Threads
- Denon D2000 Amping help please Last post on 5/11/12 at 5:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple IEM worth $59? Last post on 1/4/12 at 8:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sleeping Headphones? Last post on 12/4/11 at 11:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- A yet another 'neutral' closed can thread. Slight twist though Last post on 7/6/12 at 4:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade Last post on 9/14/11 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
Edited on 5/27/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
This review is reposted from my blog: http://noblehifi.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/soundmagic-hp200-review.html Disclaimer: The HP200 was given to me by SoundMAGIC for this review. This...
Firstly let's get some things squared away: I do not believe in break-in. (Burn-in for those who don't understand terminology.) I do not believe cable materials alter sound. I do not...
The 90s have taken a while to grow on me. I found a deal for the L2s (champagne accents and cable) on AMZ Warehouse and pulled the trigger after becoming interested in JVC's dual-driver...
The DAC market is clearly exploding. Seems like every week or so we hear of a new model being launched. Many of them look quite nice, with good specs and plenty of features. Some...
very relax sounding IEM, great for relaxing, fit is awkward if u have small ears, accessories are tons but most are useless, tape mod is good! Recommended
Dubstep Headphones - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 698/11/11 at 10:21pm
I listen to a lot of dubstep and electronic music. The UE TF10 are not uncomfortable at all nor do they have too much bass. The amount of bass they have is perfect for dubstep and they respond well to EQ. Just make sure you find the right tips and you will not have an issue with comfort. I can wear them for hours with no problems at all.post #63 of 698/11/11 at 10:37pmpost #64 of 698/12/11 at 3:56pmThread StarterQuote:
The 2 headphones Im going to get is the HFI 580 and the Atrio MG7'spost #65 of 695/8/12 at 6:36pm
Sorry to dust the ashes off an old thread but I assume you guys see the same every day and would prefer this over seeing a new one...
I am looking for over ear around $40 for the same purpose and a second set of IEMS for like jogging, walking or whatever near the same price something if they do get lost or whatever it isn't a big deal... then an upgrade set around 200-300... I know I am a little all over the place here and I apologies but I have recently lost my job and trying to come up with a few things while I can yet keep the future in mind… the time I spent reading reviews and all on other sets could have easily amounted into near a weeks’ worth of pay :( Took until now to realize that I doubt the others will cut it thought as I am a basshead ! may just see if I can find a deal on the Sony XB500s but eh… p.s. nice mix bro and thanks… (now onto my countless other tabs GRRR)post #66 of 695/8/12 at 6:47pm
I would go for a used pair of AKG 240's even new they're only about $100.00. I've written a few dubstep tracks and that's what I've used. Nice tight bass.
I just can't see how IEMs work for that genre (or any actually) ... I jam them into my ears and it pushes the wax in and hurts and my tinnitus gets worse
For jogging I would just pay attention to the traffic or listen to the birds. YMMV.post #67 of 698/6/12 at 11:28ampost #68 of 6910/5/12 at 7:27pm
Sony MDR-XB700 If you just want a bass cannon, which I suspect most new age "brostep" listeners would want. Used Ultrasone 900 (if you're lucky to find it for 250-300) which is a refined bass cannon and Denon 2000 which is a refined bass headphone. I personally think Denon 2000's are the best all around EDM headphone, from techno, to DnB to dubstep and everything in between.
Edited by Folex - 10/5/12 at 7:32pmpost #69 of 6911/17/12 at 10:18pm
Alright I know this is an old thread, but i have an IMPORTANT question. I listen to dubstep as well, along with techno, house, trance, other electronic. I LOVE bass. I would definately consider myself a basshead. But I need your guys opinion on my next headphone buy. Right now I use Sony MDR-XB700 amped with a Fiio e6 and I love the sound. Something similar or with that kind of feel and power would be awesome. My price range is around $150. I've been thinking about Audio Technica ATH-M50, Beyerdynamic DT770 pro, and V-Moda Crossfad LP. Which of these would work well with my amp and prefered genres? Also if you have other opinions they would be appreciated.
- Dubstep Headphones
- Grado Modification Overview
- › DACmini CX Centrance Audio 18 seconds ago
- › HD650 to LCD-2 - Was it worth it? 26 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 37 seconds ago
- › FS.: AURISONICS ASG 1.2 4 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones for low volume listening? 5 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 5 minutes ago
- › PC multiple outputs - Need advise 7 minutes ago
- › Best amp/dac combo I can get for 500$ 7 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 9 minutes ago
- › My weird PC setup using studio monitors and a z906 sub. Explanation... 10 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP200 by Quadpatch
- › Pioneer SE-A1000 Lightweight Audiophile AV Over-Ear Headphones (Black) by CrystalT
- › JVC HA-FXT90 by JoeDoe
- › Firestone Tobby by project86
- › Sennheiser IE80 by minhquancanon7d
- › Unique Melody Miracle by Loquah
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by jeffphus
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by REvandenBERG
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by TheGame21x
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by TKWizard
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe