Though I'm new to headphones over 40 bucks and new to dubstep. I can second the Denon AH-D1100. Bass sounds great without being muddy. However if i'm listening to some rock, I lower it a bit through my EQ as it's just a little too much.
Related Forum Threads
- Denon D2000 Amping help please Last post on 5/11/12 at 5:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple IEM worth $59? Last post on 1/4/12 at 8:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sleeping Headphones? Last post on 12/4/11 at 11:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- A yet another 'neutral' closed can thread. Slight twist though Last post on 7/6/12 at 4:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade Last post on 9/14/11 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
There is just so much craptastic dreck in the
This is my first review and it's going to be brief...Never in my life have I been so damn impressed with an audio product (I have a bunch) than I am with my Custom K10's!!! There is not 1 thing...
INTRODUCTION Hello again guys, I am Areek Nibras, a junior Head-fier and a recently graduated physician from Bangladesh, currently doing post-graduation training in Internal medicine. Today I will...
I picked up these for my wife. I thought that since she is more of an average listener (not too concerned with audio), the V-shaped sound might be acceptable or even preferred. I gave them a listen...
I got to listen to these for a couple weeks as part of the USA tour, with the requirement that I write a review and pay to ship them to the next participant. I am not affiliated with, and was not...
Dubstep Headphones - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 708/11/11 at 10:21pm
I listen to a lot of dubstep and electronic music. The UE TF10 are not uncomfortable at all nor do they have too much bass. The amount of bass they have is perfect for dubstep and they respond well to EQ. Just make sure you find the right tips and you will not have an issue with comfort. I can wear them for hours with no problems at all.post #63 of 708/11/11 at 10:37pmpost #64 of 708/12/11 at 3:56pmThread StarterQuote:
The 2 headphones Im going to get is the HFI 580 and the Atrio MG7'spost #65 of 705/8/12 at 6:36pm
Sorry to dust the ashes off an old thread but I assume you guys see the same every day and would prefer this over seeing a new one...
I am looking for over ear around $40 for the same purpose and a second set of IEMS for like jogging, walking or whatever near the same price something if they do get lost or whatever it isn't a big deal... then an upgrade set around 200-300... I know I am a little all over the place here and I apologies but I have recently lost my job and trying to come up with a few things while I can yet keep the future in mind… the time I spent reading reviews and all on other sets could have easily amounted into near a weeks’ worth of pay :( Took until now to realize that I doubt the others will cut it thought as I am a basshead ! may just see if I can find a deal on the Sony XB500s but eh… p.s. nice mix bro and thanks… (now onto my countless other tabs GRRR)post #66 of 705/8/12 at 6:47pm
I would go for a used pair of AKG 240's even new they're only about $100.00. I've written a few dubstep tracks and that's what I've used. Nice tight bass.
I just can't see how IEMs work for that genre (or any actually) ... I jam them into my ears and it pushes the wax in and hurts and my tinnitus gets worse
For jogging I would just pay attention to the traffic or listen to the birds. YMMV.post #67 of 708/6/12 at 11:28ampost #68 of 7010/5/12 at 7:27pm
Sony MDR-XB700 If you just want a bass cannon, which I suspect most new age "brostep" listeners would want. Used Ultrasone 900 (if you're lucky to find it for 250-300) which is a refined bass cannon and Denon 2000 which is a refined bass headphone. I personally think Denon 2000's are the best all around EDM headphone, from techno, to DnB to dubstep and everything in between.
Edited by Folex - 10/5/12 at 7:32pmpost #69 of 7011/17/12 at 10:18pm
Alright I know this is an old thread, but i have an IMPORTANT question. I listen to dubstep as well, along with techno, house, trance, other electronic. I LOVE bass. I would definately consider myself a basshead. But I need your guys opinion on my next headphone buy. Right now I use Sony MDR-XB700 amped with a Fiio e6 and I love the sound. Something similar or with that kind of feel and power would be awesome. My price range is around $150. I've been thinking about Audio Technica ATH-M50, Beyerdynamic DT770 pro, and V-Moda Crossfad LP. Which of these would work well with my amp and prefered genres? Also if you have other opinions they would be appreciated.
- Dubstep Headphones
- Headphone Impedance
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 2 minutes ago
- › Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 30 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - DELTA HYBRID V II 5 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 7 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 8 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 8 minutes ago
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by areek
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse