Though I'm new to headphones over 40 bucks and new to dubstep. I can second the Denon AH-D1100. Bass sounds great without being muddy. However if i'm listening to some rock, I lower it a bit through my EQ as it's just a little too much.
Related Forum Threads
- Denon D2000 Amping help please Last post on 5/11/12 at 5:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple IEM worth $59? Last post on 1/4/12 at 8:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sleeping Headphones? Last post on 12/4/11 at 11:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- A yet another 'neutral' closed can thread. Slight twist though Last post on 7/6/12 at 4:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade Last post on 9/14/11 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
I would like to thank Creative Singapore for the loan of Creative Aurvana Live 2 demo sample! http://sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-live2 Launched in 2013,...
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
Dubstep Headphones - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 698/11/11 at 10:21pm
I listen to a lot of dubstep and electronic music. The UE TF10 are not uncomfortable at all nor do they have too much bass. The amount of bass they have is perfect for dubstep and they respond well to EQ. Just make sure you find the right tips and you will not have an issue with comfort. I can wear them for hours with no problems at all.post #63 of 698/11/11 at 10:37pmpost #64 of 698/12/11 at 3:56pmThread StarterQuote:
The 2 headphones Im going to get is the HFI 580 and the Atrio MG7'spost #65 of 695/8/12 at 6:36pm
Sorry to dust the ashes off an old thread but I assume you guys see the same every day and would prefer this over seeing a new one...
I am looking for over ear around $40 for the same purpose and a second set of IEMS for like jogging, walking or whatever near the same price something if they do get lost or whatever it isn't a big deal... then an upgrade set around 200-300... I know I am a little all over the place here and I apologies but I have recently lost my job and trying to come up with a few things while I can yet keep the future in mind… the time I spent reading reviews and all on other sets could have easily amounted into near a weeks’ worth of pay :( Took until now to realize that I doubt the others will cut it thought as I am a basshead ! may just see if I can find a deal on the Sony XB500s but eh… p.s. nice mix bro and thanks… (now onto my countless other tabs GRRR)post #66 of 695/8/12 at 6:47pm
I would go for a used pair of AKG 240's even new they're only about $100.00. I've written a few dubstep tracks and that's what I've used. Nice tight bass.
I just can't see how IEMs work for that genre (or any actually) ... I jam them into my ears and it pushes the wax in and hurts and my tinnitus gets worse
For jogging I would just pay attention to the traffic or listen to the birds. YMMV.post #67 of 698/6/12 at 11:28ampost #68 of 6910/5/12 at 7:27pm
Sony MDR-XB700 If you just want a bass cannon, which I suspect most new age "brostep" listeners would want. Used Ultrasone 900 (if you're lucky to find it for 250-300) which is a refined bass cannon and Denon 2000 which is a refined bass headphone. I personally think Denon 2000's are the best all around EDM headphone, from techno, to DnB to dubstep and everything in between.
Edited by Folex - 10/5/12 at 7:32pmpost #69 of 6911/17/12 at 10:18pm
Alright I know this is an old thread, but i have an IMPORTANT question. I listen to dubstep as well, along with techno, house, trance, other electronic. I LOVE bass. I would definately consider myself a basshead. But I need your guys opinion on my next headphone buy. Right now I use Sony MDR-XB700 amped with a Fiio e6 and I love the sound. Something similar or with that kind of feel and power would be awesome. My price range is around $150. I've been thinking about Audio Technica ATH-M50, Beyerdynamic DT770 pro, and V-Moda Crossfad LP. Which of these would work well with my amp and prefered genres? Also if you have other opinions they would be appreciated.
- Dubstep Headphones
- Headphone Impedance
- › FS: Audeze EL-8 Closed Back Headphone 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk - a $5 earbud that seriously deserves... 3 minutes ago
- › JIMO KENNERTON 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by earfonia
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2