this thread makes me want to start taping my ears shut when i go to bed! The number of bug-in-the-ear incidents is scaring the hell out of me haha
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for IEMs for electronic music (mostly EDM) ~$200 Budget Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help please Last post on 2/4/15 at 8:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Any experience with Dynamic Ear company/Tympro music custom IEM ? - now with frequency graphs Last post on 2/10/15 at 10:03am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Is it safe for me to listen with 100% volume? Last post on 1/26/15 at 10:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- "The Lab" Last post on Yesterday at 11:24 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
A little background before I start. I'm 16 years old and I slowly began to become addicted to fine, audiophile-quality headphones. I remember the first time I heard beats at an apple store. I...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The Official Head Fi Ear Wax Thread - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
That's a much better idea than taping your ears shut... Downside is that you might not hear the fire alarm go off...
Quite a few audiologists around here (Poland) don't have good enough equipment to do more accurate measurements than just screening ones - about 5 dB sensitive 1-10kHz.
(My story I've posted previously is pretty old.)
It can cause problems since you are essentially just shoving the ear wax to the back of your ear.
Me too. I'm thinking as long as you stay on the outer canal area, around where tri-flange IEM tips end, you should be fine. I think what often happens is people get over-zealous and go too far or rub too hard. It's like brushing your teeth- you actually can over-do it. I think if my inner ear started to hurt and it didn't go away within a few days, I'd seek professional help. Same thing with the eyes or any other part of my body I value greatly. It's too much to risk playing doctor. Heck- if I were a photographer and I lost one eye, I could still go on. But if you lost hearing in on ear, in this hobby that would suck to say the least. And while you're at the audiologist, you might as well get some impressions made for customs too!
How do you prevent pushing earwax into your ears every time you insert your iems?
Deep insertion IEM tips can't push ear wax as deep (triflanges can't do this either) like Q-Tips can, they still can't reach in as far either. You do make a good point though, we do push some ear wax deeper each time we use IEMs, but it's not as deep as a Q-Tip. A Q-Tip can go much deeper than an IEM due to it's size and collapsable tip. An IEM tip can only go so far due to the tips size or the IEM's size. It depends on how deeply you shove the Q-Tip in. If it passes the point of what IEMs allow (I couldn't get my Etys with small tri-flanges in as deep as I could a Q-TIp) but still not have pain involved, then it begins to become a problem.
Edited by tinyman392 - 8/5/11 at 2:22pm
- The Official Head Fi Ear Wax Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Abbingdon Music Research DP-777 Thread 26 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 48 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Europe cheapest Beyerdynamic T70p 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2