this thread makes me want to start taping my ears shut when i go to bed! The number of bug-in-the-ear incidents is scaring the hell out of me haha
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- In ear headphone (earbuds) under 120$ Last post on 5/22/15 at 5:20pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Review: Cardas Ear Speakers EM5813 Model 1 Last post on 8/1/15 at 6:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for IEMs for electronic music (mostly EDM) ~$200 Budget Last post on 5/13/15 at 6:57am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help please Last post on 2/4/15 at 8:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Any experience with Dynamic Ear company/Tympro music custom IEM ? - now with frequency graphs Last post on 4/2/15 at 12:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I spent a week with the OPPO PM-3 through the head-fi loaner program, and got the chance to try them out on a variety of pieces. 99% of my headphone listening is classical music of one type or...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Following the successful launch of the initial Trinity range on Kickstarter, Bob (Trinity's CEO and...
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCan Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The Official Head Fi Ear Wax Thread - Page 3
That's a much better idea than taping your ears shut... Downside is that you might not hear the fire alarm go off...
Quite a few audiologists around here (Poland) don't have good enough equipment to do more accurate measurements than just screening ones - about 5 dB sensitive 1-10kHz.
(My story I've posted previously is pretty old.)
It can cause problems since you are essentially just shoving the ear wax to the back of your ear.
Me too. I'm thinking as long as you stay on the outer canal area, around where tri-flange IEM tips end, you should be fine. I think what often happens is people get over-zealous and go too far or rub too hard. It's like brushing your teeth- you actually can over-do it. I think if my inner ear started to hurt and it didn't go away within a few days, I'd seek professional help. Same thing with the eyes or any other part of my body I value greatly. It's too much to risk playing doctor. Heck- if I were a photographer and I lost one eye, I could still go on. But if you lost hearing in on ear, in this hobby that would suck to say the least. And while you're at the audiologist, you might as well get some impressions made for customs too!
How do you prevent pushing earwax into your ears every time you insert your iems?
Deep insertion IEM tips can't push ear wax as deep (triflanges can't do this either) like Q-Tips can, they still can't reach in as far either. You do make a good point though, we do push some ear wax deeper each time we use IEMs, but it's not as deep as a Q-Tip. A Q-Tip can go much deeper than an IEM due to it's size and collapsable tip. An IEM tip can only go so far due to the tips size or the IEM's size. It depends on how deeply you shove the Q-Tip in. If it passes the point of what IEMs allow (I couldn't get my Etys with small tri-flanges in as deep as I could a Q-TIp) but still not have pain involved, then it begins to become a problem.
Edited by tinyman392 - 8/5/11 at 2:22pm
- The Official Head Fi Ear Wax Thread
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Arcam rHead Class-A Analogue Headphone Amp - July 2016 1 minute ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 1 minute ago
- › MSB Analog DAC? (Review p3) 1 minute ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › [WTB] Tung Sol 5998 pair or GEC 6AS7G pair 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X7 with AM1 and AM2 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by gardibolt
- › Trinity Audio Engineering Atlas water resistant sports in-ear monitor by Brooko
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...