this thread makes me want to start taping my ears shut when i go to bed! The number of bug-in-the-ear incidents is scaring the hell out of me haha
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- iem sound better when slightly pressing with fingers? Last post on 9/21/14 at 9:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Would appreciate some suggestions for some in-ears around $30 with sound similar to KSC-75 Last post on 1/27/14 at 2:01pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- How IEM characteristics are measured? Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help choosing the right IEM's for me Last post on 2/14/13 at 6:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for IEMS around 50-90 dollars? Last post on 12/1/13 at 5:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The Official Head Fi Ear Wax Thread - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
That's a much better idea than taping your ears shut... Downside is that you might not hear the fire alarm go off...
Quite a few audiologists around here (Poland) don't have good enough equipment to do more accurate measurements than just screening ones - about 5 dB sensitive 1-10kHz.
(My story I've posted previously is pretty old.)
It can cause problems since you are essentially just shoving the ear wax to the back of your ear.
Me too. I'm thinking as long as you stay on the outer canal area, around where tri-flange IEM tips end, you should be fine. I think what often happens is people get over-zealous and go too far or rub too hard. It's like brushing your teeth- you actually can over-do it. I think if my inner ear started to hurt and it didn't go away within a few days, I'd seek professional help. Same thing with the eyes or any other part of my body I value greatly. It's too much to risk playing doctor. Heck- if I were a photographer and I lost one eye, I could still go on. But if you lost hearing in on ear, in this hobby that would suck to say the least. And while you're at the audiologist, you might as well get some impressions made for customs too!
How do you prevent pushing earwax into your ears every time you insert your iems?
Deep insertion IEM tips can't push ear wax as deep (triflanges can't do this either) like Q-Tips can, they still can't reach in as far either. You do make a good point though, we do push some ear wax deeper each time we use IEMs, but it's not as deep as a Q-Tip. A Q-Tip can go much deeper than an IEM due to it's size and collapsable tip. An IEM tip can only go so far due to the tips size or the IEM's size. It depends on how deeply you shove the Q-Tip in. If it passes the point of what IEMs allow (I couldn't get my Etys with small tri-flanges in as deep as I could a Q-TIp) but still not have pain involved, then it begins to become a problem.
Edited by tinyman392 - 8/5/11 at 2:22pm
- The Official Head Fi Ear Wax Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220 3 minutes ago
- › IEM equivalent for Audeze LCD2? 3 minutes ago
- › Powering the AKG 612 PRO 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 5 minutes ago
- › Closed back + low impedence + circumaural + Party/Rock headphones... 6 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)