this thread makes me want to start taping my ears shut when i go to bed! The number of bug-in-the-ear incidents is scaring the hell out of me haha
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for IEMs for electronic music (mostly EDM) ~$200 Budget Last post on 4/18/15 at 12:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help please Last post on 2/4/15 at 8:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Any experience with Dynamic Ear company/Tympro music custom IEM ? - now with frequency graphs Last post on 4/2/15 at 12:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Is it safe for me to listen with 100% volume? Last post on 1/26/15 at 10:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- "The Lab" Last post on Yesterday at 11:47 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is a wonderful little tube amplifier for the price. I paid only $59 for the amp and it was in perfect condition with a new Electro-Harmonix 6922 tube. The tube itself runs about $15, so the...
INTRODUCTION Altone250 U.S. Tour Being an Altone200 fan, I was quite excited to hear that T-PEOS was updating their IEM lineup with a new Altone series based on feedback received from the H300...
Intro (Kind of) The Westone W30 is one of several IEMs in Westone's newly revamped universal IEM collection, intended as a removable-cable replacement to the older W3. For those of you who are...
I picked these beautiful-looking babies on amazon few days ago when price dropped on amazon (used ones from amazon warehouse for $400), which was a bargain; compared to $300 price tag on HD650's....
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The Official Head Fi Ear Wax Thread - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
That's a much better idea than taping your ears shut... Downside is that you might not hear the fire alarm go off...
Quite a few audiologists around here (Poland) don't have good enough equipment to do more accurate measurements than just screening ones - about 5 dB sensitive 1-10kHz.
(My story I've posted previously is pretty old.)
It can cause problems since you are essentially just shoving the ear wax to the back of your ear.
Me too. I'm thinking as long as you stay on the outer canal area, around where tri-flange IEM tips end, you should be fine. I think what often happens is people get over-zealous and go too far or rub too hard. It's like brushing your teeth- you actually can over-do it. I think if my inner ear started to hurt and it didn't go away within a few days, I'd seek professional help. Same thing with the eyes or any other part of my body I value greatly. It's too much to risk playing doctor. Heck- if I were a photographer and I lost one eye, I could still go on. But if you lost hearing in on ear, in this hobby that would suck to say the least. And while you're at the audiologist, you might as well get some impressions made for customs too!
How do you prevent pushing earwax into your ears every time you insert your iems?
Deep insertion IEM tips can't push ear wax as deep (triflanges can't do this either) like Q-Tips can, they still can't reach in as far either. You do make a good point though, we do push some ear wax deeper each time we use IEMs, but it's not as deep as a Q-Tip. A Q-Tip can go much deeper than an IEM due to it's size and collapsable tip. An IEM tip can only go so far due to the tips size or the IEM's size. It depends on how deeply you shove the Q-Tip in. If it passes the point of what IEMs allow (I couldn't get my Etys with small tri-flanges in as deep as I could a Q-TIp) but still not have pain involved, then it begins to become a problem.
Edited by tinyman392 - 8/5/11 at 2:22pm
- The Official Head Fi Ear Wax Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Tips for choosing a headphone. 2 minutes ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 2 minutes ago
- › Analogsurviver cage match! 4 minutes ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 5 minutes ago
- › Band setting jh13 vs jh16 6 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity – it’s... 7 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 9 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 10 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by sarora
- › T-Peos Altone250 by nmatheis
- › Westone W30 Triple Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones,... by C.C.S.
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by KopaZ
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2