this thread makes me want to start taping my ears shut when i go to bed! The number of bug-in-the-ear incidents is scaring the hell out of me haha
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Would appreciate some suggestions for some in-ears around $30 with sound similar to KSC-75 Last post on 1/27/14 at 2:01pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- How IEM characteristics are measured? Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help choosing the right IEM's for me Last post on 2/14/13 at 6:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for IEMS around 50-90 dollars? Last post on 12/1/13 at 5:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- F*** reviews. where can i test IEMs myself? Last post on 5/11/13 at 1:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The Official Head Fi Ear Wax Thread - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
That's a much better idea than taping your ears shut... Downside is that you might not hear the fire alarm go off...
Quite a few audiologists around here (Poland) don't have good enough equipment to do more accurate measurements than just screening ones - about 5 dB sensitive 1-10kHz.
(My story I've posted previously is pretty old.)
It can cause problems since you are essentially just shoving the ear wax to the back of your ear.
Me too. I'm thinking as long as you stay on the outer canal area, around where tri-flange IEM tips end, you should be fine. I think what often happens is people get over-zealous and go too far or rub too hard. It's like brushing your teeth- you actually can over-do it. I think if my inner ear started to hurt and it didn't go away within a few days, I'd seek professional help. Same thing with the eyes or any other part of my body I value greatly. It's too much to risk playing doctor. Heck- if I were a photographer and I lost one eye, I could still go on. But if you lost hearing in on ear, in this hobby that would suck to say the least. And while you're at the audiologist, you might as well get some impressions made for customs too!
How do you prevent pushing earwax into your ears every time you insert your iems?
Deep insertion IEM tips can't push ear wax as deep (triflanges can't do this either) like Q-Tips can, they still can't reach in as far either. You do make a good point though, we do push some ear wax deeper each time we use IEMs, but it's not as deep as a Q-Tip. A Q-Tip can go much deeper than an IEM due to it's size and collapsable tip. An IEM tip can only go so far due to the tips size or the IEM's size. It depends on how deeply you shove the Q-Tip in. If it passes the point of what IEMs allow (I couldn't get my Etys with small tri-flanges in as deep as I could a Q-TIp) but still not have pain involved, then it begins to become a problem.
Edited by tinyman392 - 8/5/11 at 2:22pm
- The Official Head Fi Ear Wax Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 2 minutes ago
- › Audiophilleo 2, IFI IUSB, Audiobyte Hydra-X impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins (B&W) P7 6 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 7 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob