I'm interested in buying JH-16 IEMs, but I'm wondering about the DSP. The thing is that when I'm at home I'm going to be using them to listen to a lot of vinyl, and I'm worried that the DSP might ruin that analog sound. Does anyone know if it will or not? And is it really worth getting in the first place?
Related Forum Threads
- Customs IEM and how long it last?? Last post on 1/22/12 at 11:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My jh-3a+jh16 need help picking out my artwork !! warning 56k Last post on 10/12/10 at 11:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-3A Last post on 3/17/11 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs For PUNCHY Bass Last post on 11/8/12 at 3:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
JH16's, with or without JH-3A?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 98/3/11 at 4:48pm
If you mean JH-3a (DSP) then it won't because it's just crossover and AMPs for better soundquality. But you won't be able to use your JH16Pro without it, i think only JH16Pro willbe your better bet.
Edited by ZARIM - 8/3/11 at 4:53pmpost #3 of 98/3/11 at 7:46pm
the JH-3A is basically just a uber DAC, amp and active crossover built together. It should (I think?) sound better than normal JH16's, but if you get the 3A, you won't be able to use the JH16's without it since the crossover is now built into the 3A unit rather than the earpieces.
I don't think the 3A would lose your analog sound since it has analog inputs which would just allow for it to be used as an amp only bypassing the DAC section.
I have never tried it, but that is the impression I get from reading around the interwebs. Therefore, if somebody owns it, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
Edited by seaskimmer - 8/3/11 at 7:48pmpost #4 of 98/4/11 at 6:16amThread Starter
Yeah that's the impression I got too, but I did read in a couple of places that there was some sort of digital conversion going on, so I'm not sure. I'm hoping that someone's maybe tried it with vinyl and can say for sure.post #5 of 98/13/11 at 1:26ampost #6 of 98/13/11 at 2:47ampost #7 of 911/22/11 at 12:58am
Yes it accepts digital input via coax or usb.
Yes you can use the 16's with or without the 3a.
No it's not, "basically just a uber DAC, amp and active crossover built together". If your using Vinyl then the 3a will need to convert it to digital, process DSP, then through DAC and then amped etc. So it will not be a pure analog system anymore so that is something to consider.
I owned the jh-3a rev1 for 3 months and feeding it analog signal wasn't the best way to use it at all - SQ suffered from the multiple conversions.
However one of the many large changes in the Rev 2 is the quality increase when feeding an analog signal.
There are impressions by Warp08 detailing the quality of using the 3a with a analog source.
So Yes I think it would fit your needs but you will be paying for features/processes that you probably don't need by the sounds of it.post #8 of 911/23/11 at 9:15ampost #9 of 911/25/11 at 7:17amThread Starter
Thank you very for that info. Either way, since making this thread I've already bought the JH-16's without one. The more I thought about it, the less I wanted to carry around my iPhone+CLAS+3a to make the most of it.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH16's, with or without JH-3A?
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 12 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x,... 46 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › What is the Monster "Magnetic FluxTube"? 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 3 minutes ago
- › Jitter Correlation to Audibility 4 minutes ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)