I'm interested in buying JH-16 IEMs, but I'm wondering about the DSP. The thing is that when I'm at home I'm going to be using them to listen to a lot of vinyl, and I'm worried that the DSP might ruin that analog sound. Does anyone know if it will or not? And is it really worth getting in the first place?
Related Forum Threads
- Customs IEM and how long it last?? Last post on 1/22/12 at 11:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My jh-3a+jh16 need help picking out my artwork !! warning 56k Last post on 10/12/10 at 11:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-3A Last post on 3/17/11 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs For PUNCHY Bass Last post on 11/8/12 at 3:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
"Low cost champion", "Best in it's own way"... i love the way how things work in this earphone business :) however, please do not worry, vaziyetu here to correct things (again). first of all,...
Sometimes you want to hear the pluck of a guitar string. Sometimes that detail can be sacrificed in the name of bass.....enormous bass Honestly these are pretty damned good with rock too. Not...
Firstly, like to thank Mike from Meelectronics for supplying the M9 Classic to review. The new release of the M9 Classic is Meelectronics budget in ear headphone. Priced at $9.99USD, I was...
So, these are quite good, actually. But I am not as impressed as I should be after paying 500 Euro. There are some very nice things here, but also some very bad ones, and some silly...
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
JH16's, with or without JH-3A?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 98/3/11 at 4:48pm
If you mean JH-3a (DSP) then it won't because it's just crossover and AMPs for better soundquality. But you won't be able to use your JH16Pro without it, i think only JH16Pro willbe your better bet.
Edited by ZARIM - 8/3/11 at 4:53pmpost #3 of 98/3/11 at 7:46pm
the JH-3A is basically just a uber DAC, amp and active crossover built together. It should (I think?) sound better than normal JH16's, but if you get the 3A, you won't be able to use the JH16's without it since the crossover is now built into the 3A unit rather than the earpieces.
I don't think the 3A would lose your analog sound since it has analog inputs which would just allow for it to be used as an amp only bypassing the DAC section.
I have never tried it, but that is the impression I get from reading around the interwebs. Therefore, if somebody owns it, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
Edited by seaskimmer - 8/3/11 at 7:48pmpost #4 of 98/4/11 at 6:16amThread Starter
Yeah that's the impression I got too, but I did read in a couple of places that there was some sort of digital conversion going on, so I'm not sure. I'm hoping that someone's maybe tried it with vinyl and can say for sure.post #5 of 98/13/11 at 1:26ampost #6 of 98/13/11 at 2:47ampost #7 of 911/22/11 at 12:58am
Yes it accepts digital input via coax or usb.
Yes you can use the 16's with or without the 3a.
No it's not, "basically just a uber DAC, amp and active crossover built together". If your using Vinyl then the 3a will need to convert it to digital, process DSP, then through DAC and then amped etc. So it will not be a pure analog system anymore so that is something to consider.
I owned the jh-3a rev1 for 3 months and feeding it analog signal wasn't the best way to use it at all - SQ suffered from the multiple conversions.
However one of the many large changes in the Rev 2 is the quality increase when feeding an analog signal.
There are impressions by Warp08 detailing the quality of using the 3a with a analog source.
So Yes I think it would fit your needs but you will be paying for features/processes that you probably don't need by the sounds of it.post #8 of 911/23/11 at 9:15ampost #9 of 911/25/11 at 7:17amThread Starter
Thank you very for that info. Either way, since making this thread I've already bought the JH-16's without one. The more I thought about it, the less I wanted to carry around my iPhone+CLAS+3a to make the most of it.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH16's, with or without JH-3A?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . . . . dap FW... 24 seconds ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › Objective 2 (O2) vs Magni 2 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 3 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call) 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2