I'm interested in buying JH-16 IEMs, but I'm wondering about the DSP. The thing is that when I'm at home I'm going to be using them to listen to a lot of vinyl, and I'm worried that the DSP might ruin that analog sound. Does anyone know if it will or not? And is it really worth getting in the first place?
Related Forum Threads
- Customs IEM and how long it last?? Last post on 1/22/12 at 11:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My jh-3a+jh16 need help picking out my artwork !! warning 56k Last post on 10/12/10 at 11:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-3A Last post on 3/17/11 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs For PUNCHY Bass Last post on 11/8/12 at 3:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
JH16's, with or without JH-3A?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 98/3/11 at 4:48pm
If you mean JH-3a (DSP) then it won't because it's just crossover and AMPs for better soundquality. But you won't be able to use your JH16Pro without it, i think only JH16Pro willbe your better bet.
Edited by ZARIM - 8/3/11 at 4:53pmpost #3 of 98/3/11 at 7:46pm
the JH-3A is basically just a uber DAC, amp and active crossover built together. It should (I think?) sound better than normal JH16's, but if you get the 3A, you won't be able to use the JH16's without it since the crossover is now built into the 3A unit rather than the earpieces.
I don't think the 3A would lose your analog sound since it has analog inputs which would just allow for it to be used as an amp only bypassing the DAC section.
I have never tried it, but that is the impression I get from reading around the interwebs. Therefore, if somebody owns it, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
Edited by seaskimmer - 8/3/11 at 7:48pmpost #4 of 98/4/11 at 6:16amThread Starter
Yeah that's the impression I got too, but I did read in a couple of places that there was some sort of digital conversion going on, so I'm not sure. I'm hoping that someone's maybe tried it with vinyl and can say for sure.post #5 of 98/13/11 at 1:26ampost #6 of 98/13/11 at 2:47ampost #7 of 911/22/11 at 12:58am
Yes it accepts digital input via coax or usb.
Yes you can use the 16's with or without the 3a.
No it's not, "basically just a uber DAC, amp and active crossover built together". If your using Vinyl then the 3a will need to convert it to digital, process DSP, then through DAC and then amped etc. So it will not be a pure analog system anymore so that is something to consider.
I owned the jh-3a rev1 for 3 months and feeding it analog signal wasn't the best way to use it at all - SQ suffered from the multiple conversions.
However one of the many large changes in the Rev 2 is the quality increase when feeding an analog signal.
There are impressions by Warp08 detailing the quality of using the 3a with a analog source.
So Yes I think it would fit your needs but you will be paying for features/processes that you probably don't need by the sounds of it.post #8 of 911/23/11 at 9:15ampost #9 of 911/25/11 at 7:17amThread Starter
Thank you very for that info. Either way, since making this thread I've already bought the JH-16's without one. The more I thought about it, the less I wanted to carry around my iPhone+CLAS+3a to make the most of it.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH16's, with or without JH-3A?
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 21 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 24 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 33 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 1 minute ago
- › Amp for Grado 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Dt990pro 250 are there any phones really better 3 minutes ago
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)