Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › UM MIRACLE : I was gob smacked!!!!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

UM MIRACLE : I was gob smacked!!!!!!!

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

Made some enquires re custom IEM's not too long ago here, and at the time had JH16 and Miracles on my radar, also Westones ES5's. Well Matt from UM Australia got in touch with me and we arranged to meet up.

He came around to my place Brought along The Merlin Demo as i have the IE8 , which have a simillar bassy sound and also bought around his own Miracles.

Firstly tried on Demo Merlins, straight out through my Sony S739F portable. with no enhacements eq etc dead flat.

Played Radiohead's Packt Like Sardines in tin box, boy my body was thumpin with the low bass.

Also some other tracks wich presented simmilar fun sounding.

Tried his Customs Miracle with my tips, with no real success, sounded like a cheap trasistor radio.

Then Matt worked out a way to apply my sony hybrid tips inside out on to his Miracles, I then inserted and all i can say is I was gob smacked to the point that ive never heard iems so crystal clear, Highs Mids Lows presented in a way they were so natural free from any colourization. Such a Balanced all round signature. There also was a kind of presence wich was Live - Like the kind when you are there with the band in front of you, and this was with tips turned inside out! all the time i was pressing flat with my hands against them over my ears. I can only imagine what the REAL customs are gonna be like. And not to forget about mentioning the workmanship on these guys is simply top notch.

I have definately made up my mind on what i will be ordering.

Seriously guys get a hold of a pair to demo your ears will thank you.

Personally now that i have heard them i dont think i will be able to sleep, i just want them so bad!!!!!!!!!!

I also want to thank Matt Wong for going to the trouble of coming out and blowing my mind with these amazing IEM's.

I just had to share this with the community.

post #2 of 12

Hahahahaha.

 

Thank you for your story. =)

 

Where in Aus was this? Just curious.

post #3 of 12

Where do you live Maguire? I'm guessing Melbourne right?

I ordered mine a few weeks ago. Hopefully they'll arrive sometime soon rolleyes.gif

post #4 of 12
Thread Starter 

Kiteki & LegedaryLvl1, Thanks for some reply's.

You are right Yes im in Melbourne.

Hey These are Seriously good. As i posted before i tried Matts own personal customs of the Miracle with my IEM tips turned inside out, and incredibly i had a great seal. As Matt was speaking to me and i could not hear him...

I tried the Merlin Demo's as they were just about to go out on loan, thats why Matt was kind enough to drop by and give me a listen.

In Fairness i could not really get much of good fit for them and cant really give an honest apraisle....Also because of those Miracles, as soon as i put them in it was WOW! I totally forgot the Merlin Demo's.

These will be the ones i am going to get for sure.

LegendaryLvl1 i definately know you are going to be in love with these. They are just so natural sounding, without bass-bloat or sibilance just pure bliss

......really smooth operators that do all things right , to my ears anyway.

Kiteki glad to" hear" your ears are better  too.

Great to hear from fellow Melbournians.

post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by maguire View Post

Kiteki & LegedaryLvl1, Thanks for some reply's.

You are right Yes im in Melbourne.

Hey These are Seriously good. As i posted before i tried Matts own personal customs of the Miracle with my IEM tips turned inside out, and incredibly i had a great seal. As Matt was speaking to me and i could not hear him...

I tried the Merlin Demo's as they were just about to go out on loan, thats why Matt was kind enough to drop by and give me a listen.

In Fairness i could not really get much of good fit for them and cant really give an honest apraisle....Also because of those Miracles, as soon as i put them in it was WOW! I totally forgot the Merlin Demo's.

These will be the ones i am going to get for sure.

LegendaryLvl1 i definately know you are going to be in love with these. They are just so natural sounding, without bass-bloat or sibilance just pure bliss

......really smooth operators that do all things right , to my ears anyway.

Kiteki glad to" hear" your ears are better  too.

Great to hear from fellow Melbournians.


Oh. I thought people in Melbourne were aware that Sydney is vastly superior in every aspect evil_smiley.gif

 

post #6 of 12


Pretty sure your Miracles just got lost in transit................tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryLvl1 View Post




Oh. I thought people in Melbourne were aware that Sydney is vastly superior in every aspect evil_smiley.gif

 



 

post #7 of 12

It's actually very nice to see people posting that are in Melbourne.

 

Maguire: I take it you're aware that there's a headphone meet coming up soon?

post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueMelodyAus View Post


Pretty sure your Miracles just got lost in transit................tongue.gif



 

:)

Well then. I guess I'll just have to pray for a Miracle

 

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH~~!@!etysmile.gif
 

 

post #9 of 12
Thread Starter 

Kiteki ...Yes i am and i hope to be there, but it all depends on my situation at home as i am taking care of my sick father, so not 100% sure.

I have not been to any meets, looking at all that equipment making its way there.....It promises to be an event to remember. Also getting to meet many of our Headfiers will be cool too.

 

post #10 of 12

I'm glad you enjoyed the Demo Miracles! I would love to hear a pair myself one day.

post #11 of 12
Thread Starter 

Thanks Solid Victory, I see you have the JH16 pro, from all the reviews these are some seriously good customs . I would not mind to try some one day myself.

For a Different flavour the Miracle would be a nice addition i think.

For the best way to get a feeling for their sound signiture, i think the review compiled by  " lJokerl" pretty much nails it.

It was his review that prompted me to look at the UM's.

post #12 of 12

Lucky you that you could demo miracle and merlin... I wasn't lucky enough to be in the same city as Matt's....

 

I agree on Matt's excellent customer service... before and after the purchase. Highly recommend Matt to anyone (in AU) who wanted to get UM custom.

 

Now that I've vouched for you, Matt...do I get discount on my next purchase? hehe wink.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › UM MIRACLE : I was gob smacked!!!!!!!