ughhhh. once again, something is wrong with them. they use to be fine while not the best and then i did the mod and got my asgard all the same day. One of the two things is causing my headphone to mess up. I will say that it was my bad to jump the gun and blame the amplifier as i still haven't found the source for sure. after i taking the dampening material out tonight i will know if that was the problem
- brandAKGtagged by System, 8/3/11
- productAKG K518DJtagged by System, 8/3/11
- productAKG K81DJ Akg Closed-Back Folding Dj Headphonetagged by System, 8/3/11
- brandDenontagged by System, 8/3/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/3/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/3/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- German Made Headphones Under $500 Last post on 9/17/11 at 6:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Ipod ~$120 Last post on 10/10/11 at 4:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable H.P choice Last post on 9/27/11 at 8:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bought HD598, was dissapointed BUT... (updated impression after 5-10h~ish of use) Last post on 6/23/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
Introduction: The whole reason I purchased these was because of jekostas review of the Bette 8MM 1+1 Hybrid: The 10MM version is going to mirror a lot of the 8MM, though I do not have the...
AKG or Denon for bass? - Page 3post #31 of 406/16/12 at 6:38pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 406/16/12 at 7:05pm
I never said i wanted a bass heavy headphone. I bought the d2000's because of the amount of people who love the d7000 and because of the lawton mods and how supposedly the d2000 can turn into a headphone almost as good as the r10 supposedly. I figured a lot of people who buy the d2000 and make impressions don't know a whole lot about what they're talking about. I made an assumption that more people with the d7000 have already had a lot of headphones as the price for the D7000 seems more like a commitment to a hobby they know they like. So i trusted their judgement and bought higher end equipment to pair with the d2000 as i planned on eventually sending it out to Lawton audio. I have looked at the graphs for many headphones on headphone.com and the d2000 seems to be the more flat headphone between the two as the d7000 shows a clear dip in the mids. I knew what i was getting myself into when getting the d2000. I just wanted to try them.post #33 of 406/16/12 at 7:32pm
I really regret saying that the two are not a good pair without having first found out the problem but as for my allegation about my mids being the way they are is not something i need to prove to anyone. They are in fact messed up somehow. i am blaming it on the amp...for now.
while typing this i said screw it and started taking them apart. as soon as i took off the ear pads, the spacers i used to keep the stuffing for the pads fell out. They are metal. thought to myself,....oh nooooo. yep. that's what it was. i'm guessing the music was bouncing off the sides of them cause now the problem is gone.
the directions for stuffing the pads showed the top of a cheap plastic disposable cup. I though more long term and saw the lids to my tea containers looking back at me. bad idea i guesspost #34 of 406/16/12 at 7:48pmpost #35 of 406/17/12 at 8:15am
Don't stress too much, everyone jumps the gun a bit here, myself included.
Lol yeah not a good idea. atleast you found the source. And what I have learnt is mods are exaggerated. When I took my cups off my D7k they sounded like ass, sloppy and floppy all over the place. A modded d2k, won't beat an R10. I'm quite sure that a modded D7k may only trade blows with it with the R10 still winning. (Obviously I haven't owned the R10) But the mods on the D2k will still make a fair difference.post #36 of 406/17/12 at 8:37am
i too tried taking the cups off. didn't work. The denon series needs the resonance from the cups to achieve the timbre that they have.
the internal dampening did work to an extent. The timbre seems a little less bodied than before but now they have a more accurate and clean presentation to them. as for the stuffed earpads, they too worked except for the metal i put inside them. i am going to put the dampening material on both side of it and put it back in. If that doesn't work then i will buy some jmoney pads.post #37 of 406/28/12 at 4:20am
which kind of bass?
majority will like denon bass, loose deep powerful. while AKG usually had tight bass , power of the bass however depends on the type.
because AKG more to opera-like performance, while denon is for mainstream with nice vocal, lively treble & thumping bass.post #38 of 406/28/12 at 11:46pmpost #39 of 406/29/12 at 3:59amQuote:Originally Posted by DoctaCosmos
When i think of denon's bass, i have come to really like how they voiced the headphone and why they made it the way they did. A lot of music has bass. I want to feel it they say.
Ok, lets do this.
Put on a track with an actual bassist plucking away while on a denon headphone You will feel the pluck of the tight or loose string as if you had your ear right up against the string or as if your fingers could represent the feeling of playing a bass guitar itself. Nothing less, or more, but definitely right there.
A genuine instrumental experience if you ask me. Maybe a little...little loose with the d2000 but super close. I can appreciate that more than i can how a headphone will reproduce....let say dubstep. Fortunately, because denon thought their customers needed to feel, in an accurate way, the plucking of good bass that is represented by an instrument, we have upon us a very special headphone that will engulf you in your music no matter what your taste is.
nothing is the best & perfect for all on audiophile world, instead you should buy many brand to match the need.
Mostly sennheiser adopt all arounder sounding, Denon close behind.
While others is much like specified sounding.
- AKG or Denon for bass?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Help me choose wisely!!! Momentum m2 (wired) vs hd25-1 II + dt770... 32 seconds ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 50 seconds ago
- › JH Audio JH5pro thread 1 minute ago
- › jvc fx750 appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › DTS Headphone:X - surround sound for your headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Flat4-Kuro (玄) appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3