ughhhh. once again, something is wrong with them. they use to be fine while not the best and then i did the mod and got my asgard all the same day. One of the two things is causing my headphone to mess up. I will say that it was my bad to jump the gun and blame the amplifier as i still haven't found the source for sure. after i taking the dampening material out tonight i will know if that was the problem
- brandAKGtagged by System, 8/3/11
- productAKG K518DJtagged by System, 8/3/11
- productAKG K81DJ Akg Closed-Back Folding Dj Headphonetagged by System, 8/3/11
- brandDenontagged by System, 8/3/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/3/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/3/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- German Made Headphones Under $500 Last post on 9/17/11 at 6:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Ipod ~$120 Last post on 10/10/11 at 4:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable H.P choice Last post on 9/27/11 at 8:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bought HD598, was dissapointed BUT... (updated impression after 5-10h~ish of use) Last post on 6/23/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
AKG or Denon for bass? - Page 3post #31 of 406/16/12 at 6:38pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 406/16/12 at 7:05pm
I never said i wanted a bass heavy headphone. I bought the d2000's because of the amount of people who love the d7000 and because of the lawton mods and how supposedly the d2000 can turn into a headphone almost as good as the r10 supposedly. I figured a lot of people who buy the d2000 and make impressions don't know a whole lot about what they're talking about. I made an assumption that more people with the d7000 have already had a lot of headphones as the price for the D7000 seems more like a commitment to a hobby they know they like. So i trusted their judgement and bought higher end equipment to pair with the d2000 as i planned on eventually sending it out to Lawton audio. I have looked at the graphs for many headphones on headphone.com and the d2000 seems to be the more flat headphone between the two as the d7000 shows a clear dip in the mids. I knew what i was getting myself into when getting the d2000. I just wanted to try them.post #33 of 406/16/12 at 7:32pm
I really regret saying that the two are not a good pair without having first found out the problem but as for my allegation about my mids being the way they are is not something i need to prove to anyone. They are in fact messed up somehow. i am blaming it on the amp...for now.
while typing this i said screw it and started taking them apart. as soon as i took off the ear pads, the spacers i used to keep the stuffing for the pads fell out. They are metal. thought to myself,....oh nooooo. yep. that's what it was. i'm guessing the music was bouncing off the sides of them cause now the problem is gone.
the directions for stuffing the pads showed the top of a cheap plastic disposable cup. I though more long term and saw the lids to my tea containers looking back at me. bad idea i guesspost #34 of 406/16/12 at 7:48pmpost #35 of 406/17/12 at 8:15am
Don't stress too much, everyone jumps the gun a bit here, myself included.
Lol yeah not a good idea. atleast you found the source. And what I have learnt is mods are exaggerated. When I took my cups off my D7k they sounded like ass, sloppy and floppy all over the place. A modded d2k, won't beat an R10. I'm quite sure that a modded D7k may only trade blows with it with the R10 still winning. (Obviously I haven't owned the R10) But the mods on the D2k will still make a fair difference.post #36 of 406/17/12 at 8:37am
i too tried taking the cups off. didn't work. The denon series needs the resonance from the cups to achieve the timbre that they have.
the internal dampening did work to an extent. The timbre seems a little less bodied than before but now they have a more accurate and clean presentation to them. as for the stuffed earpads, they too worked except for the metal i put inside them. i am going to put the dampening material on both side of it and put it back in. If that doesn't work then i will buy some jmoney pads.post #37 of 406/28/12 at 4:20am
which kind of bass?
majority will like denon bass, loose deep powerful. while AKG usually had tight bass , power of the bass however depends on the type.
because AKG more to opera-like performance, while denon is for mainstream with nice vocal, lively treble & thumping bass.post #38 of 406/28/12 at 11:46pmpost #39 of 406/29/12 at 3:59amQuote:Originally Posted by DoctaCosmos
When i think of denon's bass, i have come to really like how they voiced the headphone and why they made it the way they did. A lot of music has bass. I want to feel it they say.
Ok, lets do this.
Put on a track with an actual bassist plucking away while on a denon headphone You will feel the pluck of the tight or loose string as if you had your ear right up against the string or as if your fingers could represent the feeling of playing a bass guitar itself. Nothing less, or more, but definitely right there.
A genuine instrumental experience if you ask me. Maybe a little...little loose with the d2000 but super close. I can appreciate that more than i can how a headphone will reproduce....let say dubstep. Fortunately, because denon thought their customers needed to feel, in an accurate way, the plucking of good bass that is represented by an instrument, we have upon us a very special headphone that will engulf you in your music no matter what your taste is.
nothing is the best & perfect for all on audiophile world, instead you should buy many brand to match the need.
Mostly sennheiser adopt all arounder sounding, Denon close behind.
While others is much like specified sounding.
- AKG or Denon for bass?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Aune M1, powerful WAV player 26 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT880 vs AKG Q701? 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 1 minute ago
- › Beyer DT770 Pro/ 80 Detachable cable MOD 2 minutes ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 2 minutes ago
- › Why tubes but no equalization? 2 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › The Apex Teton Review and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2