I was just curious on which headphones are better on the low end frequency chart. I Didn't want to double post but this goes for IEM and over ear.
- brandAKGtagged by System, 8/3/11
- productAKG K518DJtagged by System, 8/3/11
- productAKG K81DJ Akg Closed-Back Folding Dj Headphonetagged by System, 8/3/11
- brandDenontagged by System, 8/3/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/3/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/3/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- German Made Headphones Under $500 Last post on 9/17/11 at 6:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Ipod ~$120 Last post on 10/10/11 at 4:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable H.P choice Last post on 9/27/11 at 8:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bought HD598, was dissapointed BUT... (updated impression after 5-10h~ish of use) Last post on 6/23/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction Oriveti seems to be a rather obscure company, without any big breaks or long-running hype trains. They offer a single model that seems to be highly regarded, but hasn't really...
Background: The Audio-Technica CK10 is a dual BA IEM that was released in 2008, back then in those simpler times, CIEMs were a highly niche market, three BA drivers per ear was considered a lot,...
Focal Utopia Review Utopia - definition: An imagined state of things in which everything is perfect. My initial intention was just to write some detailed impressions, but throughout that...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I'd like to acknowledge Head-fier Ajaxander (Andy) and also Ken Ball from ALO/Campfire...
AKG or Denon for bass?post #1 of 408/2/11 at 10:41pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 408/2/11 at 10:47pmpost #3 of 408/2/11 at 10:48pmThread Starterpost #4 of 408/2/11 at 10:59pmpost #5 of 408/2/11 at 11:54pmQuote:
Hey there! Welcome to head-fi. A price range that you're looking at will really help. The high end AKGs most people will say are "bass light" to the point "some" would say it's unbearably light on bass. However, on the lower price end AKGs can have very bass heavy sound. So you see, price range is keypost #6 of 408/3/11 at 11:40amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by elwappo99
Hey there! Welcome to head-fi. A price range that you're looking at will really help. The high end AKGs most people will say are "bass light" to the point "some" would say it's unbearably light on bass. However, on the lower price end AKGs can have very bass heavy sound. So you see, price range is key
Thanks!post #7 of 408/3/11 at 9:43pm
Most Denon has more bass, or even a bit bloathed bass ..... some AKG portables also has huge bass amount, overall as for the brand i think Denon has more bass as their sound signature ...post #8 of 406/12/12 at 8:42am
I love reading posts on this website because i can't help but feel like every person thinks they know everything about headphones because they spent a month reading posts on this website. Thing is most of those posts are from people who did the same thing. They spent a month reading and then bought a pair of headphones and think they are professionals. I have come to find this website to be a joke after reading sooooo many reviews about the D2000 and then being as let down as i am.post #9 of 406/12/12 at 8:48am
I know what you mean. I also know that I know nothing about headphones/audio gear because I've only heard a couple different amp/DACs and only my current set of headphones.
This is why I will usually mention disclaimers in my posts or private messages. I will often say things like "This amp is a tad on the dark/warm side (or so claimed by people who like to throw around these terms)" or "The popular consensus here seems to be that this amp has great synergy with those headphones."Quote:Originally Posted by DoctaCosmos
I love reading posts on this website because i can't help but feel like every person thinks they know everything about headphones because they spent a month reading posts on this website. Thing is most of those posts are from people who did the same thing. They spent a month reading and then bought a pair of headphones and think they are professionals. I have come to find this website to be a joke after reading sooooo many reviews about the D2000 and then being as let down as i am.post #10 of 406/12/12 at 8:53ampost #11 of 406/12/12 at 10:09am
uhm when modded the mids are so recessed and echoey it's ridiculous. Because the stuffed pads pull the driver away from your ears and allows less confinement, the mids are separated from the rest of the frequency and you can truly see the true colors of this headphone.
The echoey i believe is coming from the Asgard as i don't think they have good impedance matching.Well, basically, some of the energy being transferred from source to destination is reflected back from the destination (or wherever there is an impedance mismatch in the connecting circuit) towards the source — not a good thing, in general. Theoretically such reflections could manifest as echoes, or cause signals at certain frequencies to be reduced through cancellation. The telephone industry discovered the practical ramifications of impedance matching almost a hundred years ago. The wavelength of an audio-frequency signal travelling down a cable as an alternating voltage can be anything from 15000km at 20Hz to about 15km at 20kHz (wavelength reduces as signal frequency increases), so telephone cables used to carry conversations between people living in different cities can be considered to be of significant length compared to the wavelength of the signals they carry.
Maybe that's my problem.
But yes the mids on my d2000 are very very recessed. Not as bad before i modded them but even then they were completely unbearable.post #12 of 406/12/12 at 10:11ampost #13 of 406/12/12 at 10:15am
Btw i don't think that the Denon's have as much bass as people say quantity wise. I think it is just the right amount and but needs to be more controlled. After modding mine the bass was absolutely a on a totally different playing field. It had it's own space and just tighted right up and was no longer blooming over everything elsepost #14 of 406/12/12 at 10:51am
I don't know what mod you had done to your D2000 but I'm sorry to hear that its mids became even more recessed. I agree on their bass quantity being the right amount but not very controlled. The Denon bass isn't as much in quantity as other headphones specifically voiced to give bass, but it extends very deep in a linear fashion and has good impact as well. Sadly it decays slow and can run into the mids because of it.post #15 of 406/12/12 at 6:19pm
How does decay interfere with mids and not the initial note. maybe there are a combination of different frequencies that make up a bass note and the softer frequencies leading to to the tighter bass get melted in with the mids.
- AKG or Denon for bass?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 6 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 47 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Fidelio X2 Cracking 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-600 7 minutes ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 8 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 8 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...