I was just curious on which headphones are better on the low end frequency chart. I Didn't want to double post but this goes for IEM and over ear.
- brandAKGtagged by System, 8/3/11
- productAKG K518DJtagged by System, 8/3/11
- productAKG K81DJ Akg Closed-Back Folding Dj Headphonetagged by System, 8/3/11
- brandDenontagged by System, 8/3/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/3/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/3/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- German Made Headphones Under $500 Last post on 9/17/11 at 6:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones! Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Ipod ~$120 Last post on 10/10/11 at 4:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable H.P choice Last post on 9/27/11 at 8:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bought HD598, was dissapointed BUT... (updated impression after 5-10h~ish of use) Last post on 6/23/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
AKG or Denon for bass?post #1 of 408/2/11 at 10:41pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 408/2/11 at 10:47pmpost #3 of 408/2/11 at 10:48pmThread Starterpost #4 of 408/2/11 at 10:59pmpost #5 of 408/2/11 at 11:54pmQuote:
Hey there! Welcome to head-fi. A price range that you're looking at will really help. The high end AKGs most people will say are "bass light" to the point "some" would say it's unbearably light on bass. However, on the lower price end AKGs can have very bass heavy sound. So you see, price range is keypost #6 of 408/3/11 at 11:40amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by elwappo99
Hey there! Welcome to head-fi. A price range that you're looking at will really help. The high end AKGs most people will say are "bass light" to the point "some" would say it's unbearably light on bass. However, on the lower price end AKGs can have very bass heavy sound. So you see, price range is key
Thanks!post #7 of 408/3/11 at 9:43pm
Most Denon has more bass, or even a bit bloathed bass ..... some AKG portables also has huge bass amount, overall as for the brand i think Denon has more bass as their sound signature ...post #8 of 406/12/12 at 8:42am
I love reading posts on this website because i can't help but feel like every person thinks they know everything about headphones because they spent a month reading posts on this website. Thing is most of those posts are from people who did the same thing. They spent a month reading and then bought a pair of headphones and think they are professionals. I have come to find this website to be a joke after reading sooooo many reviews about the D2000 and then being as let down as i am.post #9 of 406/12/12 at 8:48am
I know what you mean. I also know that I know nothing about headphones/audio gear because I've only heard a couple different amp/DACs and only my current set of headphones.
This is why I will usually mention disclaimers in my posts or private messages. I will often say things like "This amp is a tad on the dark/warm side (or so claimed by people who like to throw around these terms)" or "The popular consensus here seems to be that this amp has great synergy with those headphones."Quote:Originally Posted by DoctaCosmos
I love reading posts on this website because i can't help but feel like every person thinks they know everything about headphones because they spent a month reading posts on this website. Thing is most of those posts are from people who did the same thing. They spent a month reading and then bought a pair of headphones and think they are professionals. I have come to find this website to be a joke after reading sooooo many reviews about the D2000 and then being as let down as i am.post #10 of 406/12/12 at 8:53ampost #11 of 406/12/12 at 10:09am
uhm when modded the mids are so recessed and echoey it's ridiculous. Because the stuffed pads pull the driver away from your ears and allows less confinement, the mids are separated from the rest of the frequency and you can truly see the true colors of this headphone.
The echoey i believe is coming from the Asgard as i don't think they have good impedance matching.Well, basically, some of the energy being transferred from source to destination is reflected back from the destination (or wherever there is an impedance mismatch in the connecting circuit) towards the source — not a good thing, in general. Theoretically such reflections could manifest as echoes, or cause signals at certain frequencies to be reduced through cancellation. The telephone industry discovered the practical ramifications of impedance matching almost a hundred years ago. The wavelength of an audio-frequency signal travelling down a cable as an alternating voltage can be anything from 15000km at 20Hz to about 15km at 20kHz (wavelength reduces as signal frequency increases), so telephone cables used to carry conversations between people living in different cities can be considered to be of significant length compared to the wavelength of the signals they carry.
Maybe that's my problem.
But yes the mids on my d2000 are very very recessed. Not as bad before i modded them but even then they were completely unbearable.post #12 of 406/12/12 at 10:11ampost #13 of 406/12/12 at 10:15am
Btw i don't think that the Denon's have as much bass as people say quantity wise. I think it is just the right amount and but needs to be more controlled. After modding mine the bass was absolutely a on a totally different playing field. It had it's own space and just tighted right up and was no longer blooming over everything elsepost #14 of 406/12/12 at 10:51am
I don't know what mod you had done to your D2000 but I'm sorry to hear that its mids became even more recessed. I agree on their bass quantity being the right amount but not very controlled. The Denon bass isn't as much in quantity as other headphones specifically voiced to give bass, but it extends very deep in a linear fashion and has good impact as well. Sadly it decays slow and can run into the mids because of it.post #15 of 406/12/12 at 6:19pm
How does decay interfere with mids and not the initial note. maybe there are a combination of different frequencies that make up a bass note and the softer frequencies leading to to the tighter bass get melted in with the mids.
- AKG or Denon for bass?
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 1 minute ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 1 minute ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear