i don't think so the housing is too big
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- D5000 equivalent IEMs Last post on 11/7/12 at 5:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- buying JVC HA-FX101 or else for EDM listening while owning philips she3590 Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- After TF10s, Radius HP TWD and Westone 3... Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are the best IEMs that can be worn Straight-down and NOT Over-the-ear? Last post on 9/10/13 at 6:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony mdr ex1000 or Others? Last post on 10/20/11 at 6:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
Got My Brookstone Dual Drive Earbuds Today! - Page 3post #31 of 858/2/11 at 1:52pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 858/2/11 at 3:05pmpost #33 of 858/2/11 at 3:23pmpost #34 of 858/2/11 at 3:27pm
Then that's obviously not a deal, and just a single completed listing on a website where any of tens of thousands of different sellers can list any quantity of any item for any price they want.
Quote:post #35 of 858/2/11 at 4:48pmQuote:
They fit very snug. They won't fall out but might be too microphonic. You'd need to use a shirt clip with it but it doesn't come with one.post #36 of 858/2/11 at 5:06pmpost #37 of 858/2/11 at 5:13pmpost #38 of 858/2/11 at 7:25pm
Definitely on the fence about these as I was always tempted by the two DDM's.
As for the real reason for this post, for those of you who mentioned returning them of thought about it:
"Some items cannot be returned if opened, including CDs, DVDs, earbuds and some selected personal care items, such as sleep pillows, mattress toppers, toothbrushes, hair brushes, razors/trimmers and epilators."
from the Brookstone return policy.post #39 of 858/2/11 at 10:03pmpost #40 of 858/3/11 at 8:48amI’ve got close to 20 hours on them now...
Treble is very reminiscent of SM3 treble. It’s pretty detailed and extended, even a little sparkle but takes a back seat to the rest of the presentation. Mids to me remain fairly neutral in presentation. If pressed I might say a tad bit forward. Bass has come in stronger and definitely has a little bit of bleed into the mids warming up the sound. Bass seems equal parts mid and sub bass. These are definitely bassy, non fatiguing phones that lean towards a being just slightly dark.
This phone requires no amping and sounds really good from HO. They are pretty efficient and you can really crank them up, if you desire, without any degradation of sound. I would say soundstage is average and despite being vented do not have a large or airy presentation. Notes are pretty thick in nature. Also isolation is pretty low. I think my Sony EX1000 and JVC FX700 isolate a bit more. They are definitely very comfortable to wear and fit very snugly, however the cord is a bit microphonic. A shirt clip is probably a must if you use these during any kind of vigorous activity.
In direct comparison with another bassy phone like the JVC FX700 you immediately hear the difference in clarity, separation and timbre the JVC’s have. The JVC’s presentation is a good bit brighter as well. The Brookstone’s seem to have a much thicker and warmer note than the JVC’s and has less dynamic range as well. The digiZoid zo (tuned all the way down) helps bring out a bit better dynamics, however I do not like adding any of the bass enhancement steps with them. I’ve never heard the real Radius offering, so I cannot comment on how close they are to these but I can say these are well worth $60.post #41 of 858/3/11 at 9:14ampost #42 of 858/3/11 at 9:30am
Realism of instruments? I think you mean timbre. If you don't want to hit the link, timbre is just the property of the sound of an instrument that allows us to differentiate it from the rest. It's the reason you can tell the difference between a guitar and a violin. It goes much deeper than this, but that is essentially what it is.
If that is what you wanted, read above, he compares the timbre of these to the JVCs.post #43 of 858/3/11 at 9:47ampost #44 of 858/3/11 at 11:20ampost #45 of 858/3/11 at 11:48am
Understandable, but the JVCs retail at over $300.
Quote:Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Got My Brookstone Dual Drive Earbuds Today!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › FS/FT: ifi iPurifier2 USB Type B 24 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 56 seconds ago
- › OUT NOW: Shanling UP - A Hi-Res, MFI-Certified, USB-C, MINI-DAC/AMP... 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › JD's Headfi Blowout: Cans, Amps, & DACs 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear