i don't think so the housing is too big
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- D5000 equivalent IEMs Last post on 11/7/12 at 5:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- buying JVC HA-FX101 or else for EDM listening while owning philips she3590 Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- After TF10s, Radius HP TWD and Westone 3... Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are the best IEMs that can be worn Straight-down and NOT Over-the-ear? Last post on 9/10/13 at 6:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony mdr ex1000 or Others? Last post on 10/20/11 at 6:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Got My Brookstone Dual Drive Earbuds Today! - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Then that's obviously not a deal, and just a single completed listing on a website where any of tens of thousands of different sellers can list any quantity of any item for any price they want.
They fit very snug. They won't fall out but might be too microphonic. You'd need to use a shirt clip with it but it doesn't come with one.
Definitely on the fence about these as I was always tempted by the two DDM's.
As for the real reason for this post, for those of you who mentioned returning them of thought about it:
"Some items cannot be returned if opened, including CDs, DVDs, earbuds and some selected personal care items, such as sleep pillows, mattress toppers, toothbrushes, hair brushes, razors/trimmers and epilators."
from the Brookstone return policy.
Treble is very reminiscent of SM3 treble. It’s pretty detailed and extended, even a little sparkle but takes a back seat to the rest of the presentation. Mids to me remain fairly neutral in presentation. If pressed I might say a tad bit forward. Bass has come in stronger and definitely has a little bit of bleed into the mids warming up the sound. Bass seems equal parts mid and sub bass. These are definitely bassy, non fatiguing phones that lean towards a being just slightly dark.
This phone requires no amping and sounds really good from HO. They are pretty efficient and you can really crank them up, if you desire, without any degradation of sound. I would say soundstage is average and despite being vented do not have a large or airy presentation. Notes are pretty thick in nature. Also isolation is pretty low. I think my Sony EX1000 and JVC FX700 isolate a bit more. They are definitely very comfortable to wear and fit very snugly, however the cord is a bit microphonic. A shirt clip is probably a must if you use these during any kind of vigorous activity.
In direct comparison with another bassy phone like the JVC FX700 you immediately hear the difference in clarity, separation and timbre the JVC’s have. The JVC’s presentation is a good bit brighter as well. The Brookstone’s seem to have a much thicker and warmer note than the JVC’s and has less dynamic range as well. The digiZoid zo (tuned all the way down) helps bring out a bit better dynamics, however I do not like adding any of the bass enhancement steps with them. I’ve never heard the real Radius offering, so I cannot comment on how close they are to these but I can say these are well worth $60.
Realism of instruments? I think you mean timbre. If you don't want to hit the link, timbre is just the property of the sound of an instrument that allows us to differentiate it from the rest. It's the reason you can tell the difference between a guitar and a violin. It goes much deeper than this, but that is essentially what it is.
If that is what you wanted, read above, he compares the timbre of these to the JVCs.
Understandable, but the JVCs retail at over $300.
- Got My Brookstone Dual Drive Earbuds Today!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Comparisons: 19 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 2 minutes ago
- › [Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again 2 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › WTB: NVX XPT100 Angled Pads 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.085 . . . . 3 minutes ago
- › Thinking of modding a set of Koss PortaPro instead of buying more... 4 minutes ago
- › Astell & kern Ak100 wine red limited edition - like new condition. 4 minutes ago
- › What has ER4 highs and mids but better bass for a similar price? 5 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)