i don't think so the housing is too big
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- D5000 equivalent IEMs Last post on 11/7/12 at 5:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- buying JVC HA-FX101 or else for EDM listening while owning philips she3590 Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- After TF10s, Radius HP TWD and Westone 3... Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are the best IEMs that can be worn Straight-down and NOT Over-the-ear? Last post on 9/10/13 at 6:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony mdr ex1000 or Others? Last post on 10/20/11 at 6:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
-Audio The Nucleus Headphone Amplifier/Preamp “Great Sound for the Masses” By Cesar Gutierrez - Audiophile December 2014 It is always exiting to discover and learn about new companies in...
Background So the technology behind the ear cups are quite interesting. This headphone is marketed towards teenagers for the "Bass Sensation". The headphone has a slider on thhe left ear cup, and...
Introduction and Design I picked up the Woodphones 10 months ago, so I've had quite a bit of experience with them in my collection. Despite me having sold off most of my closed headphone...
I have these for a couple of days, they are amazing for bass lovers, the bass is very deep and have hard punch and rumble, control is very good so the bass doesn't sound like a mess, is not slow...
1. These headphones are HUGE. 2. That said, it provides amazing soundstage/imaging, and are very comfortable. Headband has no bumps, and earpads are of memory foam. 3. Very decent amount of...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Got My Brookstone Dual Drive Earbuds Today! - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Then that's obviously not a deal, and just a single completed listing on a website where any of tens of thousands of different sellers can list any quantity of any item for any price they want.
They fit very snug. They won't fall out but might be too microphonic. You'd need to use a shirt clip with it but it doesn't come with one.
Definitely on the fence about these as I was always tempted by the two DDM's.
As for the real reason for this post, for those of you who mentioned returning them of thought about it:
"Some items cannot be returned if opened, including CDs, DVDs, earbuds and some selected personal care items, such as sleep pillows, mattress toppers, toothbrushes, hair brushes, razors/trimmers and epilators."
from the Brookstone return policy.
Treble is very reminiscent of SM3 treble. It’s pretty detailed and extended, even a little sparkle but takes a back seat to the rest of the presentation. Mids to me remain fairly neutral in presentation. If pressed I might say a tad bit forward. Bass has come in stronger and definitely has a little bit of bleed into the mids warming up the sound. Bass seems equal parts mid and sub bass. These are definitely bassy, non fatiguing phones that lean towards a being just slightly dark.
This phone requires no amping and sounds really good from HO. They are pretty efficient and you can really crank them up, if you desire, without any degradation of sound. I would say soundstage is average and despite being vented do not have a large or airy presentation. Notes are pretty thick in nature. Also isolation is pretty low. I think my Sony EX1000 and JVC FX700 isolate a bit more. They are definitely very comfortable to wear and fit very snugly, however the cord is a bit microphonic. A shirt clip is probably a must if you use these during any kind of vigorous activity.
In direct comparison with another bassy phone like the JVC FX700 you immediately hear the difference in clarity, separation and timbre the JVC’s have. The JVC’s presentation is a good bit brighter as well. The Brookstone’s seem to have a much thicker and warmer note than the JVC’s and has less dynamic range as well. The digiZoid zo (tuned all the way down) helps bring out a bit better dynamics, however I do not like adding any of the bass enhancement steps with them. I’ve never heard the real Radius offering, so I cannot comment on how close they are to these but I can say these are well worth $60.
Realism of instruments? I think you mean timbre. If you don't want to hit the link, timbre is just the property of the sound of an instrument that allows us to differentiate it from the rest. It's the reason you can tell the difference between a guitar and a violin. It goes much deeper than this, but that is essentially what it is.
If that is what you wanted, read above, he compares the timbre of these to the JVCs.
Understandable, but the JVCs retail at over $300.
- Got My Brookstone Dual Drive Earbuds Today!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Winter 2015 AAMML Holiday Gift Exchange 18 seconds ago
- › NEW Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 and ATH-MSR7LTD 18 seconds ago
- › Quick question about soundcards and DACs 20 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 41 seconds ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 1 minute ago
- › Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio "Mini" desktop line discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Having trouble narrowing down options for a good PC headphone setup 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 3 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by earfonia
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by BasilFawlty
- › "The Nucleus" by che15
- › Skullcandy Crusher Headphones with Mic White, One Size by DigitalGrounder
- › Woodphones - by Blake Graham by SanjiWatsuki
- › AKG Y55 Black DJ-Ready Headphones with Enriched Bass, Snug Fit and... by presata
- › AKG K7XX by avitron142
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Warnings about equipment online purchase scam
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3