Sorry If this was in the wrong section. I didn't know whether to put this in full or portable headphones. Ok I am distressed. I am a huge audiophile. But when it comes to choosing headphones I am completely clueless about the ones I should get. I want headphones that are amazing to listen to and also at the same time look good (Because I'm on the move a lot I want to look great while having a nice pair of cans hanging around my neck, so yes i am vain). My budget stop at around $250, but I've heard some of the good ones shoot around for $400. So if anybody can help me choose headphones to this specification. They must sound good and also look good at the same time. I know sometimes that the genre of music you listen to might come into play, I mostly listen to rap and hip hop with a little house and dub step thrown by the side. If you can help me narrow down my decision I will be grateful
- productAiaiai TMA-1tagged by System, 8/2/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Whitetagged by System, 8/2/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 8/2/11
- productBowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 8/2/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/2/11
- productPhiaton MS 400 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 8/2/11More
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 8/2/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 8/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI 780 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- hd 448 vs shure 440 bass Last post on 3/2/11 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on headphones Last post on 2/28/11 at 3:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- WAR OF THE PORTABLE HEADSETS (100-200 range) NO HOLDS BAR!!!! Last post on 12/2/10 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction: Lend Me UR ears, based in Singapore is an online and physical store that opened in December 2011 with a goal to “bring quality audio products to the masses and providing good...
I got the same kind but of course in purple Philips SHE3590PP/28 In-Ear Headphones (Purple) - there is basically no based and I had to turn the volume way up to hear sound that didn't sound cheap.
Soundaware M1 Pro / “Esther” – initial impressions I had the opportunity to listen to the Soundaware M1 Pro as part of the recent UK and North American tours that the company have...
Bought these after receiving the Massdrop HE-350s which were just too treble-forward for my taste. I listen to a lot of music when at work. Desk space is limited, so I can't justify running an...
When i first got the Cayin iHA-6 and iDAC-6 combo and paired it with my HD800S, i wasn't too thrilled. Compared to my previous HDVD800, there was more detail present from the dac, but it came with...
Clueless about what to getpost #1 of 178/1/11 at 10:13amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 178/1/11 at 10:21am
all you need to know is in this thread:
happy reading. and welcome to head-fi!post #3 of 178/1/11 at 12:02pmpost #4 of 178/1/11 at 3:00pm
Rymd! Shame on you for even mentioning the Beats' line! EnigmaticHipsta, here are some additional options or ya:
Ultrasone HFi-580, HFi-780post #5 of 178/1/11 at 4:15pmpost #6 of 178/1/11 at 5:25pmThread Starterpost #7 of 178/1/11 at 5:36pm
good looks=good sound quality?
Dear lord and I almost bought grados!
Edit: whoops, didnt read that sound quality was in addition to good looks. But would you not buy a headphone if it sounded like a dream, but leaved a lot to be desired in the aesthetic appeal?
Edited by cFran - 8/1/11 at 5:40pmpost #8 of 178/1/11 at 5:43pmpost #9 of 178/1/11 at 5:43pmThread Starterpost #10 of 178/1/11 at 5:44pmpost #11 of 178/1/11 at 5:48pmThread Starter
skullcandy? the quality of music those produce aren't even close to what the beats solo make (even though beats are stupidly over priced ).
i thought about buying grados or akg. but someone told me other wisepost #12 of 178/1/11 at 5:49pmpost #13 of 178/1/11 at 6:48pmThread Starterpost #14 of 178/1/11 at 6:53pm
I throw in another vote for the Pro900's go used, you should be able to find them for 250, beats killers they are, a dubsteppers delight, try them! (hope you like bass!) You'll be hipster emo douching it in no time!
- Clueless about what to get
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 29 seconds ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 1 minute ago
- › Black Schiit Bifrost Multibit (Bimby) 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 2 minutes ago
- › Home Theater - hook up my headphones ...Help, Please! 3 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 5 minutes ago
- › FIIO Customer Service... 5 minutes ago
- › The decline of the forum signature 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › 13th Calgary Head-Fi Meet - Postponed to October 16 (Sunday) 6 minutes ago
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...