Sorry If this was in the wrong section. I didn't know whether to put this in full or portable headphones. Ok I am distressed. I am a huge audiophile. But when it comes to choosing headphones I am completely clueless about the ones I should get. I want headphones that are amazing to listen to and also at the same time look good (Because I'm on the move a lot I want to look great while having a nice pair of cans hanging around my neck, so yes i am vain). My budget stop at around $250, but I've heard some of the good ones shoot around for $400. So if anybody can help me choose headphones to this specification. They must sound good and also look good at the same time. I know sometimes that the genre of music you listen to might come into play, I mostly listen to rap and hip hop with a little house and dub step thrown by the side. If you can help me narrow down my decision I will be grateful
- productAiaiai TMA-1tagged by System, 8/2/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Whitetagged by System, 8/2/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 8/2/11
- productBowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 8/2/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/2/11
- productPhiaton MS 400 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 8/2/11More
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 8/2/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 8/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI 780 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- hd 448 vs shure 440 bass Last post on 3/2/11 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on headphones Last post on 2/28/11 at 3:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- WAR OF THE PORTABLE HEADSETS (100-200 range) NO HOLDS BAR!!!! Last post on 12/2/10 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Looking at the picture of the PK3's I wasn't expecting much. They look and feel cheap using a generic case for the drivers. First I tried them without the foam covers and they sounded awful. I...
Disclaimer First of all, I would like to thank Audrey and the Brainwavz team for allowing me to review their S1 IEMs. I would also like to clarify that I am neither an affiliate of Brainwavz...
Overview The Alien is a well-priced (~$250 AUD), compact, screenless player that plays only WAV and FLAC files – no MP3, no AAC, just the two major lossless options. For some people that will...
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
I got the Sennheiser HD-598 based on all the existing rave reviews. It's amazingly comfortable. That's all the good I can say about it. I just hate the sound. Okay, I am no "audiophile". I am...
Clueless about what to getpost #1 of 178/1/11 at 10:13amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 178/1/11 at 10:21am
all you need to know is in this thread:
happy reading. and welcome to head-fi!post #3 of 178/1/11 at 12:02pmpost #4 of 178/1/11 at 3:00pm
Rymd! Shame on you for even mentioning the Beats' line! EnigmaticHipsta, here are some additional options or ya:
Ultrasone HFi-580, HFi-780post #5 of 178/1/11 at 4:15pmpost #6 of 178/1/11 at 5:25pmThread Starterpost #7 of 178/1/11 at 5:36pm
good looks=good sound quality?
Dear lord and I almost bought grados!
Edit: whoops, didnt read that sound quality was in addition to good looks. But would you not buy a headphone if it sounded like a dream, but leaved a lot to be desired in the aesthetic appeal?
Edited by cFran - 8/1/11 at 5:40pmpost #8 of 178/1/11 at 5:43pmpost #9 of 178/1/11 at 5:43pmThread Starterpost #10 of 178/1/11 at 5:44pmpost #11 of 178/1/11 at 5:48pmThread Starter
skullcandy? the quality of music those produce aren't even close to what the beats solo make (even though beats are stupidly over priced ).
i thought about buying grados or akg. but someone told me other wisepost #12 of 178/1/11 at 5:49pmpost #13 of 178/1/11 at 6:48pmThread Starterpost #14 of 178/1/11 at 6:53pm
I throw in another vote for the Pro900's go used, you should be able to find them for 250, beats killers they are, a dubsteppers delight, try them! (hope you like bass!) You'll be hipster emo douching it in no time!
- Clueless about what to get
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Audeze LCD 2 Rev 2 + Toxic Cables Silver Widow Cable 13 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Petition for Sennheiser to manufacture replacement parts for the... 39 seconds ago
- › USB DAC/ADC - Is there a holy grail at $500 or under? 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 5 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 5 minutes ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 6 minutes ago
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)