Sorry If this was in the wrong section. I didn't know whether to put this in full or portable headphones. Ok I am distressed. I am a huge audiophile. But when it comes to choosing headphones I am completely clueless about the ones I should get. I want headphones that are amazing to listen to and also at the same time look good (Because I'm on the move a lot I want to look great while having a nice pair of cans hanging around my neck, so yes i am vain). My budget stop at around $250, but I've heard some of the good ones shoot around for $400. So if anybody can help me choose headphones to this specification. They must sound good and also look good at the same time. I know sometimes that the genre of music you listen to might come into play, I mostly listen to rap and hip hop with a little house and dub step thrown by the side. If you can help me narrow down my decision I will be grateful
- productAiaiai TMA-1tagged by System, 8/2/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Whitetagged by System, 8/2/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 8/2/11
- productBowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 8/2/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/2/11
- productPhiaton MS 400 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 8/2/11More
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 8/2/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 8/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI 780 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- hd 448 vs shure 440 bass Last post on 3/2/11 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on headphones Last post on 2/28/11 at 3:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- WAR OF THE PORTABLE HEADSETS (100-200 range) NO HOLDS BAR!!!! Last post on 12/2/10 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro:- This is my first earphone from DUNU-topsound, one of the most talked about Chinese earphone brand with some high performing earphones like DN-1000 and Dn-2000 decided to up the...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
Clueless about what to getpost #1 of 178/1/11 at 10:13amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 178/1/11 at 10:21am
all you need to know is in this thread:
happy reading. and welcome to head-fi!post #3 of 178/1/11 at 12:02pmpost #4 of 178/1/11 at 3:00pm
Rymd! Shame on you for even mentioning the Beats' line! EnigmaticHipsta, here are some additional options or ya:
Ultrasone HFi-580, HFi-780post #5 of 178/1/11 at 4:15pmpost #6 of 178/1/11 at 5:25pmThread Starterpost #7 of 178/1/11 at 5:36pm
good looks=good sound quality?
Dear lord and I almost bought grados!
Edit: whoops, didnt read that sound quality was in addition to good looks. But would you not buy a headphone if it sounded like a dream, but leaved a lot to be desired in the aesthetic appeal?
Edited by cFran - 8/1/11 at 5:40pmpost #8 of 178/1/11 at 5:43pmpost #9 of 178/1/11 at 5:43pmThread Starterpost #10 of 178/1/11 at 5:44pmpost #11 of 178/1/11 at 5:48pmThread Starter
skullcandy? the quality of music those produce aren't even close to what the beats solo make (even though beats are stupidly over priced ).
i thought about buying grados or akg. but someone told me other wisepost #12 of 178/1/11 at 5:49pmpost #13 of 178/1/11 at 6:48pmThread Starterpost #14 of 178/1/11 at 6:53pm
I throw in another vote for the Pro900's go used, you should be able to find them for 250, beats killers they are, a dubsteppers delight, try them! (hope you like bass!) You'll be hipster emo douching it in no time!
- Clueless about what to get
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Looking for closed headphones with great sound, comfort and... 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Tube Rolling Guide 6SN7/6AS7G/6080/5998 3 minutes ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-GC20 Headphone Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 8 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 8 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by suman134
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2