Sorry If this was in the wrong section. I didn't know whether to put this in full or portable headphones. Ok I am distressed. I am a huge audiophile. But when it comes to choosing headphones I am completely clueless about the ones I should get. I want headphones that are amazing to listen to and also at the same time look good (Because I'm on the move a lot I want to look great while having a nice pair of cans hanging around my neck, so yes i am vain). My budget stop at around $250, but I've heard some of the good ones shoot around for $400. So if anybody can help me choose headphones to this specification. They must sound good and also look good at the same time. I know sometimes that the genre of music you listen to might come into play, I mostly listen to rap and hip hop with a little house and dub step thrown by the side. If you can help me narrow down my decision I will be grateful
- productAiaiai TMA-1tagged by System, 8/2/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Whitetagged by System, 8/2/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 8/2/11
- productBowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 8/2/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/2/11
- productPhiaton MS 400 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 8/2/11More
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 8/2/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 8/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI 780 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- hd 448 vs shure 440 bass Last post on 3/2/11 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on headphones Last post on 2/28/11 at 3:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- WAR OF THE PORTABLE HEADSETS (100-200 range) NO HOLDS BAR!!!! Last post on 12/2/10 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Since 2011 when I first discovered this site, I've experimented with quite a few low/mid-tier earphones and these are my favorite by far. I prefer them over my Vsonic Gr06, Vsonic VC1000, and...
*I am reviewing the Meze 99 Classics as a condition of the recent tour conducted by the fine folks at Meze. The following is simply my honest impressions. Introduction and Initial...
DISCLAIMER After my last pair of earphones broke, I did some research on the forums to find high praise for Edifier, much of which for the 185's. A bit of research showed that the company sought...
DISCLAIMER I am in no way associated with the SoundMAGIC company. I have bought ES18 myself and just expressing my honest opinion here. ABOUT ME I am a 25 years old music enthusiast...
Clueless about what to getpost #1 of 178/1/11 at 10:13amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 178/1/11 at 10:21am
all you need to know is in this thread:
happy reading. and welcome to head-fi!post #3 of 178/1/11 at 12:02pmpost #4 of 178/1/11 at 3:00pm
Rymd! Shame on you for even mentioning the Beats' line! EnigmaticHipsta, here are some additional options or ya:
Ultrasone HFi-580, HFi-780post #5 of 178/1/11 at 4:15pmpost #6 of 178/1/11 at 5:25pmThread Starterpost #7 of 178/1/11 at 5:36pm
good looks=good sound quality?
Dear lord and I almost bought grados!
Edit: whoops, didnt read that sound quality was in addition to good looks. But would you not buy a headphone if it sounded like a dream, but leaved a lot to be desired in the aesthetic appeal?
Edited by cFran - 8/1/11 at 5:40pmpost #8 of 178/1/11 at 5:43pmpost #9 of 178/1/11 at 5:43pmThread Starterpost #10 of 178/1/11 at 5:44pmpost #11 of 178/1/11 at 5:48pmThread Starter
skullcandy? the quality of music those produce aren't even close to what the beats solo make (even though beats are stupidly over priced ).
i thought about buying grados or akg. but someone told me other wisepost #12 of 178/1/11 at 5:49pmpost #13 of 178/1/11 at 6:48pmThread Starterpost #14 of 178/1/11 at 6:53pm
I throw in another vote for the Pro900's go used, you should be able to find them for 250, beats killers they are, a dubsteppers delight, try them! (hope you like bass!) You'll be hipster emo douching it in no time!
- Clueless about what to get
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The RMAA (RightMark Audio Analyzer) Source and Audio Device... 47 seconds ago
- › JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100 2 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 3 minutes ago
- › Just got the Shure se425 and very dissappointed - no bass at all... 3 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 5 minutes ago
- › Get 50% off of FiiO X7 modules in the U.S. 6 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 8 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 9 minutes ago
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...