Sorry If this was in the wrong section. I didn't know whether to put this in full or portable headphones. Ok I am distressed. I am a huge audiophile. But when it comes to choosing headphones I am completely clueless about the ones I should get. I want headphones that are amazing to listen to and also at the same time look good (Because I'm on the move a lot I want to look great while having a nice pair of cans hanging around my neck, so yes i am vain). My budget stop at around $250, but I've heard some of the good ones shoot around for $400. So if anybody can help me choose headphones to this specification. They must sound good and also look good at the same time. I know sometimes that the genre of music you listen to might come into play, I mostly listen to rap and hip hop with a little house and dub step thrown by the side. If you can help me narrow down my decision I will be grateful
- productAiaiai TMA-1tagged by System, 8/2/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Whitetagged by System, 8/2/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 8/2/11
- productBowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 8/2/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/2/11
- productPhiaton MS 400 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 8/2/11More
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 8/2/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 8/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI 780 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- hd 448 vs shure 440 bass Last post on 3/2/11 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on headphones Last post on 2/28/11 at 3:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- WAR OF THE PORTABLE HEADSETS (100-200 range) NO HOLDS BAR!!!! Last post on 12/2/10 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
Clueless about what to getpost #1 of 178/1/11 at 10:13amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 178/1/11 at 10:21am
all you need to know is in this thread:
happy reading. and welcome to head-fi!post #3 of 178/1/11 at 12:02pmpost #4 of 178/1/11 at 3:00pm
Rymd! Shame on you for even mentioning the Beats' line! EnigmaticHipsta, here are some additional options or ya:
Ultrasone HFi-580, HFi-780post #5 of 178/1/11 at 4:15pmpost #6 of 178/1/11 at 5:25pmThread Starterpost #7 of 178/1/11 at 5:36pm
good looks=good sound quality?
Dear lord and I almost bought grados!
Edit: whoops, didnt read that sound quality was in addition to good looks. But would you not buy a headphone if it sounded like a dream, but leaved a lot to be desired in the aesthetic appeal?
Edited by cFran - 8/1/11 at 5:40pmpost #8 of 178/1/11 at 5:43pmpost #9 of 178/1/11 at 5:43pmThread Starterpost #10 of 178/1/11 at 5:44pmpost #11 of 178/1/11 at 5:48pmThread Starter
skullcandy? the quality of music those produce aren't even close to what the beats solo make (even though beats are stupidly over priced ).
i thought about buying grados or akg. but someone told me other wisepost #12 of 178/1/11 at 5:49pmpost #13 of 178/1/11 at 6:48pmThread Starterpost #14 of 178/1/11 at 6:53pm
I throw in another vote for the Pro900's go used, you should be able to find them for 250, beats killers they are, a dubsteppers delight, try them! (hope you like bass!) You'll be hipster emo douching it in no time!
- Clueless about what to get
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
- › The inside of ACS T1 (old vision) shocked me when I opened it..And... 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 8 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 10 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 11 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 12 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 13 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude