Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD580 or HD598?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD580 or HD598? - Page 2

post #16 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by BotByte View Post

Have you heard the HD598?

 

Don't think that because its newer and in a different line up, it doesn't stack up.

 

The HD598 drops short of the HD600 in regards but beats out the HD580


BotByte you recommend against and for so many headphones you have not heard...

 

Also the hd580 is the hd600, so fail there..

 

Since I haven't heard the hd598 I won't make a suggestion.

post #17 of 25

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusedpro View Post

Thanks for the input everyone, feel free to keep the discussion(s) going, it's interesting for me to read about. Still undecided, but no foul to any of you, I am just very indecisive. I will be buying some Grado SR80i's since I can get them for cheap (apparently everyone needs to hear a Grado at least once, so why not). With these have a sound too similar to the HD580/598/600 that warrants not purchasing any Sennheiser or will there be enough differences to warrant owning both? I know the soundstage on the Grados can't compare, but otherwise I am clueless.

 

Thanks again!


It has a completely different sound signature. You would be better off with HD595 ($150) or the HD555 ($96). The Grado's have a house sound that's completely opposite of the Senns, much more forward sounding and aggressive. Good for rock and certain types of jazz but the Grado house sound is polarizing.

post #18 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakashiMiike View Post

stuff


It would appear that you own the HD580 -- any comments on them in general?

post #19 of 25

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakashiMiike View Post


Also the hd580 is the hd600, so fail there..

 


Wait, what? If that's true, why don't I see people stop recommending the HD600 altogether.

post #20 of 25

the hd 580 has better everything except the size of the soundstage.  The 580 is a typical sennheiser ish sound that is kind of distant, wider than tall.  The H598 has a much more forward and well placed in the center type sound stage that is taller, wider and equally as deep.  I love my 598 despite some cable and adapter issues.  

post #21 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by wind016 View Post

 


Wait, what? If that's true, why don't I see people stop recommending the HD600 altogether.


 

Because the 580's are discontinued and harder to get a hold of. And the hd600's look nicer.

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusedpro View Post

It would appear that you own the HD580 -- any comments on them in general?



Out of all the headphones I have tried I like the hd580 the most (see my sig.) They are my standard of neutrality and are the headphone I enjoy all of my music with. They are a solid headphone, and present to me the music I love with the emotion that is trying to be conveyed, instead of imposing it's own emotion over all of my music like so many other headphones. Any questions i'll be glad to answer but I can't compare them to the hd598.


Edited by TakashiMiike - 8/1/11 at 9:42pm
post #22 of 25
Thread Starter 

Thanks for the input everyone, feel free to keep it coming.

post #23 of 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusedpro View Post

Thanks for the input everyone, feel free to keep the discussion(s) going, it's interesting for me to read about. Still undecided, but no foul to any of you, I am just very indecisive. I will be buying some Grado SR80i's since I can get them for cheap (apparently everyone needs to hear a Grado at least once, so why not). With these have a sound too similar to the HD580/598/600 that warrants not purchasing any Sennheiser or will there be enough differences to warrant owning both? I know the soundstage on the Grados can't compare, but otherwise I am clueless.

 

Thanks again!


The Grados sound pretty awesome, but I can't wear them for more than an hour or so at a time - they are probably the least-comfortable headphones I've ever worn.

 

post #24 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by slashclee View Post


The Grados sound pretty awesome, but I can't wear them for more than an hour or so at a time - they are probably the least-comfortable headphones I've ever worn.

 



Yeah, I'm not really expecting much in terms of comfort. I mainly bought them just to see what the Grado hype was about. I'll also mess around with modding them, so I guess that's another reason...

post #25 of 25
Thread Starter 

Bump.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD580 or HD598?