Hi, I am a drummer and I need IEMs for stage. I can buy SE535 for $340 new. Other options are IE8 for $325, or custom SpiralEars SE 2-way pro for $360 or anything else which you will recommend to me :) I think Shure's are pretty good deal, as they cost here over 500USD (Im living in Poland) and customs from spiral ears don't have detachable cable, which I'm sure I will need, because I'm shredder of the cables :D I need your help fast :))) Sorry for my poor english.
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 8/1/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/1/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/1/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 8/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- So what exactly is the point of BA IEMs with more than 2-3 drivers? Last post on 9/20/11 at 4:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE 535, very noticeable HISS Last post on 3/14/16 at 2:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 vs Sennheiser IE8: What to buy? Last post on 9/8/12 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Proposed IEM audition/trade with other members... Last post on 3/21/11 at 10:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which of the following IEMs do you feel has the best quality cable? Last post on 1/28/11 at 1:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
which one should I take for on stage monitoring?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 238/1/11 at 4:59ampost #3 of 238/1/11 at 5:08amThread Starterpost #4 of 238/1/11 at 6:13ampost #5 of 238/1/11 at 10:10amThread Starter
Ok, but is this better than SE535? I mean is there anything better for my purposes than SE535 in the price range up to 360$? Because I can get Shure in this price discounted from over 500$, and if they are not the best even up to 360$ (no to mention the 500$) then Shure SE535 is huuugely overpriced. Should I get them, or should I search for something else? :Ppost #6 of 238/1/11 at 10:31am
These all are recommended SM3, UM3x, SE535 and they sound close in term of sound quality without major flaws. So if you can get SE535 for that price then they are worth it because midrange clarity, clear highs and good bass extention with removable cable and better fit.
Edited by ZARIM - 8/1/11 at 10:46ampost #7 of 238/1/11 at 7:19pmpost #8 of 238/1/11 at 8:01pmpost #9 of 238/1/11 at 8:10pmpost #10 of 238/1/11 at 11:33pmpost #11 of 238/2/11 at 3:39amThread Starterpost #12 of 238/2/11 at 3:53ampost #13 of 238/3/11 at 2:09amThread Starter
When I think about Future Sonic Atrio, Fischer Audio DBA-02 comes in my mind, because of the price range. And also VSONIC GR07. Which one should do the best for my purposes? I think I'm going to use them with Fiio E11.
How much worse those pieces are than SE535 or J-phonics?post #14 of 238/3/11 at 6:59ampost #15 of 238/3/11 at 7:52am
The dba-02 are treble boosted (which you don't want for stage monitoring) and don't have the bass you want for stage monitoring, either.
The Atrio and Gr07 are your choices, read up on them and consider that stage needs are slightly different than private listening at home needs.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- which one should I take for on stage monitoring?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Has audio gear ever taken you to another place? 58 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Referencesounds/LFF's modded HE-5 >Code-X< thread 1 minute ago
- › Cowon PLENUE M2 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › OUT NOW: Shanling UP - A Hi-Res, MFI-Certified, USB-C, MINI-DAC/AMP... 3 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear