Hi, I am a drummer and I need IEMs for stage. I can buy SE535 for $340 new. Other options are IE8 for $325, or custom SpiralEars SE 2-way pro for $360 or anything else which you will recommend to me :) I think Shure's are pretty good deal, as they cost here over 500USD (Im living in Poland) and customs from spiral ears don't have detachable cable, which I'm sure I will need, because I'm shredder of the cables :D I need your help fast :))) Sorry for my poor english.
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 8/1/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/1/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/1/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 8/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- So what exactly is the point of BA IEMs with more than 2-3 drivers? Last post on 9/20/11 at 4:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE 535, very noticeable HISS Last post on 3/2/15 at 10:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 vs Sennheiser IE8: What to buy? Last post on 9/8/12 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Proposed IEM audition/trade with other members... Last post on 3/21/11 at 10:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which of the following IEMs do you feel has the best quality cable? Last post on 1/28/11 at 1:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
which one should I take for on stage monitoring?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ok, but is this better than SE535? I mean is there anything better for my purposes than SE535 in the price range up to 360$? Because I can get Shure in this price discounted from over 500$, and if they are not the best even up to 360$ (no to mention the 500$) then Shure SE535 is huuugely overpriced. Should I get them, or should I search for something else? :P
These all are recommended SM3, UM3x, SE535 and they sound close in term of sound quality without major flaws. So if you can get SE535 for that price then they are worth it because midrange clarity, clear highs and good bass extention with removable cable and better fit.
Edited by ZARIM - 8/1/11 at 10:46am
When I think about Future Sonic Atrio, Fischer Audio DBA-02 comes in my mind, because of the price range. And also VSONIC GR07. Which one should do the best for my purposes? I think I'm going to use them with Fiio E11.
How much worse those pieces are than SE535 or J-phonics?
The dba-02 are treble boosted (which you don't want for stage monitoring) and don't have the bass you want for stage monitoring, either.
The Atrio and Gr07 are your choices, read up on them and consider that stage needs are slightly different than private listening at home needs.
- which one should I take for on stage monitoring?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 27 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 42 seconds ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 1 minute ago
- › Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply) 2 minutes ago
- › Are the Shure SE846's worth it? 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on the new 1964 Ears V8 3 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2