Hi, I am a drummer and I need IEMs for stage. I can buy SE535 for $340 new. Other options are IE8 for $325, or custom SpiralEars SE 2-way pro for $360 or anything else which you will recommend to me :) I think Shure's are pretty good deal, as they cost here over 500USD (Im living in Poland) and customs from spiral ears don't have detachable cable, which I'm sure I will need, because I'm shredder of the cables :D I need your help fast :))) Sorry for my poor english.
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 8/1/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/1/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/1/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 8/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- So what exactly is the point of BA IEMs with more than 2-3 drivers? Last post on 9/20/11 at 4:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE 535, very noticeable HISS Last post on 3/6/15 at 9:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 vs Sennheiser IE8: What to buy? Last post on 9/8/12 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Proposed IEM audition/trade with other members... Last post on 3/21/11 at 10:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which of the following IEMs do you feel has the best quality cable? Last post on 1/28/11 at 1:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
which one should I take for on stage monitoring?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ok, but is this better than SE535? I mean is there anything better for my purposes than SE535 in the price range up to 360$? Because I can get Shure in this price discounted from over 500$, and if they are not the best even up to 360$ (no to mention the 500$) then Shure SE535 is huuugely overpriced. Should I get them, or should I search for something else? :P
These all are recommended SM3, UM3x, SE535 and they sound close in term of sound quality without major flaws. So if you can get SE535 for that price then they are worth it because midrange clarity, clear highs and good bass extention with removable cable and better fit.
Edited by ZARIM - 8/1/11 at 10:46am
When I think about Future Sonic Atrio, Fischer Audio DBA-02 comes in my mind, because of the price range. And also VSONIC GR07. Which one should do the best for my purposes? I think I'm going to use them with Fiio E11.
How much worse those pieces are than SE535 or J-phonics?
The dba-02 are treble boosted (which you don't want for stage monitoring) and don't have the bass you want for stage monitoring, either.
The Atrio and Gr07 are your choices, read up on them and consider that stage needs are slightly different than private listening at home needs.
- which one should I take for on stage monitoring?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 45 seconds ago
- › Melodious MX-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 1 minute ago
- › Can anyone recommend me a custom cable for my k10? 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 3 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X1 or Fiio X3 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 6 minutes ago
- › Why 24 bit audio and anything over 48k is not only worthless, but... 7 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 8 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2