Hi, I am a drummer and I need IEMs for stage. I can buy SE535 for $340 new. Other options are IE8 for $325, or custom SpiralEars SE 2-way pro for $360 or anything else which you will recommend to me :) I think Shure's are pretty good deal, as they cost here over 500USD (Im living in Poland) and customs from spiral ears don't have detachable cable, which I'm sure I will need, because I'm shredder of the cables :D I need your help fast :))) Sorry for my poor english.
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 8/1/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/1/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/1/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 8/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- So what exactly is the point of BA IEMs with more than 2-3 drivers? Last post on 9/20/11 at 4:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE 535, very noticeable HISS Last post on 3/6/15 at 9:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 vs Sennheiser IE8: What to buy? Last post on 9/8/12 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Proposed IEM audition/trade with other members... Last post on 3/21/11 at 10:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which of the following IEMs do you feel has the best quality cable? Last post on 1/28/11 at 1:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Being a proud yet protective grandpa I was very interested when Brainwavz offered to let me review a pair of sound level attenuated headphones for kids. I would love to pass on my...
To start this off, i did not pay for my pair of 315. If i had payed for them the disappointment would be vast. I have a pair of SE215 and while they are not my favourite iem, they have their...
Disclaimer Firstly I just wanted to thank Simon and Adam at Pro-Ject for the review sample of the Head Box S USB. I am not affiliated with Pro-Ject in any way, all impressions are written as...
First and foremost, this is not an expert review. You may call it amateur if you please. But it's more of an owner appreciating his gear and sharing his thoughts and opinions about it. After...
First off, let me say now that I am not an audiophile. I am a fan of audiophiles though and I learn a lot from you guys. I'm more of a budget-audio-enthusiast and I'd like to keep it that way. Some...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
which one should I take for on stage monitoring?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ok, but is this better than SE535? I mean is there anything better for my purposes than SE535 in the price range up to 360$? Because I can get Shure in this price discounted from over 500$, and if they are not the best even up to 360$ (no to mention the 500$) then Shure SE535 is huuugely overpriced. Should I get them, or should I search for something else? :P
These all are recommended SM3, UM3x, SE535 and they sound close in term of sound quality without major flaws. So if you can get SE535 for that price then they are worth it because midrange clarity, clear highs and good bass extention with removable cable and better fit.
Edited by ZARIM - 8/1/11 at 10:46am
When I think about Future Sonic Atrio, Fischer Audio DBA-02 comes in my mind, because of the price range. And also VSONIC GR07. Which one should do the best for my purposes? I think I'm going to use them with Fiio E11.
How much worse those pieces are than SE535 or J-phonics?
The dba-02 are treble boosted (which you don't want for stage monitoring) and don't have the bass you want for stage monitoring, either.
The Atrio and Gr07 are your choices, read up on them and consider that stage needs are slightly different than private listening at home needs.
- which one should I take for on stage monitoring?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New and Improved* Luxury & Precision L5 PRO 32bit DSD DAP with AKM... 38 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 3 minutes ago
- › New iBasso Portable Amp/DAC: iBasso D14 "Bushmaster" 3 minutes ago
- › The New Brainwavz S3 “Silver Bullet” Earphones with Clearwavz... 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK120II 4 minutes ago
- › Does anybody have any recommendations for binaural albums that... 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by shockdoc
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by Arvan
- › Pro-Ject Audio Head Box S USB by dnun8086
- › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones by audiophilefan
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by audiophilefan
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by mark2410
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by yfnt
- › Noble Audio Savant by Loquah
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by Arturs Travkins
- › Nouske NH-14 Hybrid 2-Way Balanced Armature + Dynamic Driver In-Ear... by Cotnijoe
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2