Hi, I am a drummer and I need IEMs for stage. I can buy SE535 for $340 new. Other options are IE8 for $325, or custom SpiralEars SE 2-way pro for $360 or anything else which you will recommend to me :) I think Shure's are pretty good deal, as they cost here over 500USD (Im living in Poland) and customs from spiral ears don't have detachable cable, which I'm sure I will need, because I'm shredder of the cables :D I need your help fast :))) Sorry for my poor english.
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 8/1/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/1/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/1/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 8/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- So what exactly is the point of BA IEMs with more than 2-3 drivers? Last post on 9/20/11 at 4:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE 535, very noticeable HISS Last post on 3/16/14 at 8:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 vs Sennheiser IE8: What to buy? Last post on 9/8/12 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Proposed IEM audition/trade with other members... Last post on 3/21/11 at 10:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which of the following IEMs do you feel has the best quality cable? Last post on 1/28/11 at 1:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
Design and Comfort S5 is a new higher-end in-ear-monitor from Brainwavz retailing at about US$100. I’m glad Brainwavz has offerings at most price points below $200. It's great that companies such...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
which one should I take for on stage monitoring?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ok, but is this better than SE535? I mean is there anything better for my purposes than SE535 in the price range up to 360$? Because I can get Shure in this price discounted from over 500$, and if they are not the best even up to 360$ (no to mention the 500$) then Shure SE535 is huuugely overpriced. Should I get them, or should I search for something else? :P
These all are recommended SM3, UM3x, SE535 and they sound close in term of sound quality without major flaws. So if you can get SE535 for that price then they are worth it because midrange clarity, clear highs and good bass extention with removable cable and better fit.
Edited by ZARIM - 8/1/11 at 10:46am
When I think about Future Sonic Atrio, Fischer Audio DBA-02 comes in my mind, because of the price range. And also VSONIC GR07. Which one should do the best for my purposes? I think I'm going to use them with Fiio E11.
How much worse those pieces are than SE535 or J-phonics?
The dba-02 are treble boosted (which you don't want for stage monitoring) and don't have the bass you want for stage monitoring, either.
The Atrio and Gr07 are your choices, read up on them and consider that stage needs are slightly different than private listening at home needs.
- which one should I take for on stage monitoring?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 36 seconds ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 42 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › What is the best mp3 player in terms of best sound quality in your... 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!) 2 minutes ago
- › My friend's wife yelled at me. 4 minutes ago
- › HD800 music, suggestions,please 5 minutes ago
- › HifimeDIY Sabre adaptive vs asynchronous DAC 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)