I'm looking for something in the $500 maybe maximum $650 range and that's pushing it. I enjoy hard hitting but tightly accurate bass. Definitely bass heavy listener but I want detailed clear bass that is also loud. I dislike sibilance greatly but also would like clear sparkling highs. I like good separation in the music and being able to pick out all the nuances in the song. I like to be able to get it loud and disortion free if i want or nice medium level with equal performance. I use an imod/pico slim combo. Suggestions please? Your time in appreciated.
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 8/1/11
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/1/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/1/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/1/11
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 8/1/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/1/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 8/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- Purely SQ: Fullsized vs IEMs Last post on 4/30/12 at 12:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones or earphones give better sound quality? Last post on 3/21/14 at 11:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 11/9/14 at 10:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
I will keep this review short as there are lots of other well done in depth reviews out there. I have had this unit for a while now ( about 4-5 months) and I love it. I have had no issues with it...
My setup: iBasso DX50 --> Dunu DN-1000 Packaging Yes the accessories in the box are plenty. But the cloth material used for inner box and metal case is poor. The black dust from the cloth...
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
Strict IEM user here looking for a nice set of full sizepost #1 of 87/31/11 at 8:49amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 87/31/11 at 10:15ampost #3 of 87/31/11 at 10:21amThread Starter
I dont want crazy ridiculous bass that is greatly out of whack and messing the eq up. Westone 3 are pretty heavy on bass but still nice. But like I said I want clear tightly defined clear bass that has a nice presence but isn't totally out of whack. High separation between instruments everything as clear as can be in my price range.post #4 of 87/31/11 at 10:39amCheck out the fostex t50rp. They need a couple of hours and a few parts but when modified are a stunning value, with bass comparable to my jh16 but a more neutral and open sound through the rest of the range. And you can tune the bass as part of the modification, it's really easy.
I did a variation I dubbed rastapants which is easy and very effective.post #5 of 87/31/11 at 11:26amQuote:Originally Posted by Freeze
I dont want crazy ridiculous bass that is greatly out of whack and messing the eq up. Westone 3 are pretty heavy on bass but still nice. But like I said I want clear tightly defined clear bass that has a nice presence but isn't totally out of whack. High separation between instruments everything as clear as can be in my price range.
They have a lot of bass but everything else is still there.Quote:Originally Posted by mrspeakers
Check out the fostex t50rp. They need a couple of hours and a few parts but when modified are a stunning value, with bass comparable to my jh16 but a more neutral and open sound through the rest of the range. And you can tune the bass as part of the modification, it's really easy.
I did a variation I dubbed rastapants which is easy and very effective.
It's mostly a mids can, but after some modding and a little EQ, they will blow the bass very well. Problem is, that they take A LOT of power. But OP's amps should deliver.
For bass, dampen heavily up to the driver and pack in the blutak.
Add some custom pads
and you're good to gopost #6 of 87/31/11 at 3:25pm
Nice review, but EQ is not the solution, the mods are... On the power side, actually I have had no issue at all running on an iBasso D12. But then, I don't turn it to 3 o'clock, either... Maybe more power is required if EQ is being used to juice the bass...
I did get a giggle out of the "mid can." The Rastapants is no "mid can." It has prodigious, deep and tight bass, easily going down to 20Hz, maybe lower, without EQ. Really, it's got bottom end power on par with the JH16 or the LCD-2. Once you get in and change the damping on the driver, you really are actually about reducing the bass.
Anyhow, not trying to hijack the thread, but wanted to clarify.post #7 of 88/1/11 at 12:54amThread Starterpost #8 of 88/3/11 at 5:52amThread Starter
Got the pro 900's off ebay but going to be awhile before i can fully enjoy them. Have to sell my current dap and current amp or hopefully just trade them on here for what i want. Can't wait to get it all together.
- Strict IEM user here looking for a nice set of full size
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 19 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 58 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › P1 vs Caly M vs AK240? 1 minute ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Spirit Professional (Brand New Sealed in Box) 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Iphone 5 compatible with fiio amps?
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3