I'm looking for something in the $500 maybe maximum $650 range and that's pushing it. I enjoy hard hitting but tightly accurate bass. Definitely bass heavy listener but I want detailed clear bass that is also loud. I dislike sibilance greatly but also would like clear sparkling highs. I like good separation in the music and being able to pick out all the nuances in the song. I like to be able to get it loud and disortion free if i want or nice medium level with equal performance. I use an imod/pico slim combo. Suggestions please? Your time in appreciated.
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 8/1/11
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/1/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/1/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/1/11
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 8/1/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/1/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 8/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- Purely SQ: Fullsized vs IEMs Last post on 4/30/12 at 12:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones or earphones give better sound quality? Last post on 3/21/14 at 11:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on Today at 6:36 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
Note: I bought the Trinity Phantom Sabre in the pre-order period for ~75€. The Value rating is based on the full retail price of around 150€. Manufacturer website:...
Bluedio Vinyl Plus Bluetooth Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Like HD471i but closed and produce better resonance, better volume, clarity on treble, but none of these descriptions actually help make it sound good..to be honest. And to be honest, t40rp mk2...
Firstly I would like to thank 1More for sending me this sample to review, I always try to write honest reviews, these received over 50hrs of burn-in before review, no differences were...
Strict IEM user here looking for a nice set of full sizepost #1 of 87/31/11 at 8:49amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 87/31/11 at 10:15ampost #3 of 87/31/11 at 10:21amThread Starter
I dont want crazy ridiculous bass that is greatly out of whack and messing the eq up. Westone 3 are pretty heavy on bass but still nice. But like I said I want clear tightly defined clear bass that has a nice presence but isn't totally out of whack. High separation between instruments everything as clear as can be in my price range.post #4 of 87/31/11 at 10:39amCheck out the fostex t50rp. They need a couple of hours and a few parts but when modified are a stunning value, with bass comparable to my jh16 but a more neutral and open sound through the rest of the range. And you can tune the bass as part of the modification, it's really easy.
I did a variation I dubbed rastapants which is easy and very effective.post #5 of 87/31/11 at 11:26amQuote:Originally Posted by Freeze
I dont want crazy ridiculous bass that is greatly out of whack and messing the eq up. Westone 3 are pretty heavy on bass but still nice. But like I said I want clear tightly defined clear bass that has a nice presence but isn't totally out of whack. High separation between instruments everything as clear as can be in my price range.
They have a lot of bass but everything else is still there.Quote:Originally Posted by mrspeakers
Check out the fostex t50rp. They need a couple of hours and a few parts but when modified are a stunning value, with bass comparable to my jh16 but a more neutral and open sound through the rest of the range. And you can tune the bass as part of the modification, it's really easy.
I did a variation I dubbed rastapants which is easy and very effective.
It's mostly a mids can, but after some modding and a little EQ, they will blow the bass very well. Problem is, that they take A LOT of power. But OP's amps should deliver.
For bass, dampen heavily up to the driver and pack in the blutak.
Add some custom pads
and you're good to gopost #6 of 87/31/11 at 3:25pm
Nice review, but EQ is not the solution, the mods are... On the power side, actually I have had no issue at all running on an iBasso D12. But then, I don't turn it to 3 o'clock, either... Maybe more power is required if EQ is being used to juice the bass...
I did get a giggle out of the "mid can." The Rastapants is no "mid can." It has prodigious, deep and tight bass, easily going down to 20Hz, maybe lower, without EQ. Really, it's got bottom end power on par with the JH16 or the LCD-2. Once you get in and change the damping on the driver, you really are actually about reducing the bass.
Anyhow, not trying to hijack the thread, but wanted to clarify.post #7 of 88/1/11 at 12:54amThread Starterpost #8 of 88/3/11 at 5:52amThread Starter
Got the pro 900's off ebay but going to be awhile before i can fully enjoy them. Have to sell my current dap and current amp or hopefully just trade them on here for what i want. Can't wait to get it all together.
- Strict IEM user here looking for a nice set of full size
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 9 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › Undecided between Shure SE425 and Sennheiser IE80 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Out Of Your Head - new virtual surround simulator 4 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 4 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › KATANA Listening Event @ Affordable Audio 4 minutes ago
- › Metrum Acoustics Menuet DAC 4 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › German Maestro GMP 8.40 D Professional by mien
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...