I'm looking for something in the $500 maybe maximum $650 range and that's pushing it. I enjoy hard hitting but tightly accurate bass. Definitely bass heavy listener but I want detailed clear bass that is also loud. I dislike sibilance greatly but also would like clear sparkling highs. I like good separation in the music and being able to pick out all the nuances in the song. I like to be able to get it loud and disortion free if i want or nice medium level with equal performance. I use an imod/pico slim combo. Suggestions please? Your time in appreciated.
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 8/1/11
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/1/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/1/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/1/11
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 8/1/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/1/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 8/1/11
Related Forum Threads
- Purely SQ: Fullsized vs IEMs Last post on 4/30/12 at 12:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones or earphones give better sound quality? Last post on 3/21/14 at 11:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? Last post on 3/14/17 at 1:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
Overview I purchased these when they first came out during Black Friday in 2016, when they were on sale for $100 CAD. Until these I had mostly spent all of my money on IEMs since they're a lot...
INTRODUCTION Pioneer really surprised me with the new release of the DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones. I've recently tried out seven headphones that are considered high end and...
The nice thing about being last on the tour is that I have the benefit of completely broken in equipment. The new smell and feel is gone. Gone through many miles and air flights, and USPS trucks...
Strict IEM user here looking for a nice set of full sizepost #1 of 87/31/11 at 8:49amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 87/31/11 at 10:15ampost #3 of 87/31/11 at 10:21amThread Starter
I dont want crazy ridiculous bass that is greatly out of whack and messing the eq up. Westone 3 are pretty heavy on bass but still nice. But like I said I want clear tightly defined clear bass that has a nice presence but isn't totally out of whack. High separation between instruments everything as clear as can be in my price range.post #4 of 87/31/11 at 10:39amCheck out the fostex t50rp. They need a couple of hours and a few parts but when modified are a stunning value, with bass comparable to my jh16 but a more neutral and open sound through the rest of the range. And you can tune the bass as part of the modification, it's really easy.
I did a variation I dubbed rastapants which is easy and very effective.post #5 of 87/31/11 at 11:26amQuote:Originally Posted by Freeze
I dont want crazy ridiculous bass that is greatly out of whack and messing the eq up. Westone 3 are pretty heavy on bass but still nice. But like I said I want clear tightly defined clear bass that has a nice presence but isn't totally out of whack. High separation between instruments everything as clear as can be in my price range.
They have a lot of bass but everything else is still there.Quote:Originally Posted by mrspeakers
Check out the fostex t50rp. They need a couple of hours and a few parts but when modified are a stunning value, with bass comparable to my jh16 but a more neutral and open sound through the rest of the range. And you can tune the bass as part of the modification, it's really easy.
I did a variation I dubbed rastapants which is easy and very effective.
It's mostly a mids can, but after some modding and a little EQ, they will blow the bass very well. Problem is, that they take A LOT of power. But OP's amps should deliver.
For bass, dampen heavily up to the driver and pack in the blutak.
Add some custom pads
and you're good to gopost #6 of 87/31/11 at 3:25pm
Nice review, but EQ is not the solution, the mods are... On the power side, actually I have had no issue at all running on an iBasso D12. But then, I don't turn it to 3 o'clock, either... Maybe more power is required if EQ is being used to juice the bass...
I did get a giggle out of the "mid can." The Rastapants is no "mid can." It has prodigious, deep and tight bass, easily going down to 20Hz, maybe lower, without EQ. Really, it's got bottom end power on par with the JH16 or the LCD-2. Once you get in and change the damping on the driver, you really are actually about reducing the bass.
Anyhow, not trying to hijack the thread, but wanted to clarify.post #7 of 88/1/11 at 12:54amThread Starterpost #8 of 88/3/11 at 5:52amThread Starter
Got the pro 900's off ebay but going to be awhile before i can fully enjoy them. Have to sell my current dap and current amp or hopefully just trade them on here for what i want. Can't wait to get it all together.
- Strict IEM user here looking for a nice set of full size
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Woo Audio WA2 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA2 (Silver) with upgrades 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 4 minutes ago
- › [ IC ] Woo Audio WA2 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 7 minutes ago
- › Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden... 8 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 10 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 10 minutes ago
- › RHA @ TTVJAudio! 10 minutes ago
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear