Thread for new technologies, this one based on response correction.
Related Forum Threads
- In need of headphones + amp for under 175$ Last post on 12/1/12 at 12:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for glasses wearers Last post on 9/26/12 at 1:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 5 Way Mid-Fi Comparison Last post on 9/20/12 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me pick my first closed headphones Last post on 9/18/12 at 11:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Digital Response Correctionpost #1 of 27/30/11 at 9:36pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 27/30/11 at 9:49pmThread Starter
We've had countless EQ, bass boost etc... technologies present. But this is a new one. Were starting research and would like to have feedback from headfiers.
It's called Headphone Profiling
Every headphone in the world has a unique frequency curve which can be corrected by a DSP changing amplitude voltage in real-time to correct the curve. This can then be mapped and stored in memory for different models of headphones.
Now, as an example, The HD555 is off by -10dB at around 10Hz, so in effect a DSP can callibrate it to 0dB by correcting the amplitude voltage accordingly. This can then be mapped for each headphone and provided for every user to download.
I'll update if we go ahead with a prototype.
- Digital Response Correction
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 24 seconds ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 1 minute ago
- › Headphones fast and slow 1 minute ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 Over Ear Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 3 minutes ago
- › Why do many headphones have a treble peak? 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock... 6 minutes ago
- › FS/FT: Barely Used FiiO X5 6 minutes ago
- › Seattle Head-Fi - Portable Club 7 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)