Thread for new technologies, this one based on response correction.
Related Forum Threads
- In need of headphones + amp for under 175$ Last post on 12/1/12 at 12:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for glasses wearers Last post on 9/26/12 at 1:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 5 Way Mid-Fi Comparison Last post on 9/20/12 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me pick my first closed headphones Last post on 9/18/12 at 11:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First, I’d like to thank Audrey and the folks at Brainwavz and MP4 Nation for providing a sample of the S5 for review. It was late last month when I received a message from the folks at...
help!! I'm fallling!!!!!!!(photoshop lvl expert) For any Sony DAPs, the letter goes for a kind/category of DAP. The first numbers for the model and the last number is always for the onboard...
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
Digital Response Correctionpost #1 of 27/30/11 at 9:36pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 27/30/11 at 9:49pmThread Starter
We've had countless EQ, bass boost etc... technologies present. But this is a new one. Were starting research and would like to have feedback from headfiers.
It's called Headphone Profiling
Every headphone in the world has a unique frequency curve which can be corrected by a DSP changing amplitude voltage in real-time to correct the curve. This can then be mapped and stored in memory for different models of headphones.
Now, as an example, The HD555 is off by -10dB at around 10Hz, so in effect a DSP can callibrate it to 0dB by correcting the amplitude voltage accordingly. This can then be mapped for each headphone and provided for every user to download.
I'll update if we go ahead with a prototype.
- Digital Response Correction
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › IBasso DX90 vs AK120 vs AK100 vs HM901 vs Colorfly C4 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Could you fix my RE272 [AUS] 4 minutes ago
- › New ear tips for Sony 7550s? 4 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 6 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 6 minutes ago
- › What DAC/amp for Beyerdynamic T90? 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)