Thread for new technologies, this one based on response correction.
Related Forum Threads
- Best Behind the Head Headphones? Last post on 4/18/13 at 6:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good ON-EAR Headphones? Last post on 3/9/14 at 7:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Do headphone extension cables lessen sound quality? Last post on 1/30/13 at 10:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Headphone blues Last post on 12/13/12 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- In need of headphones + amp for under 175$ Last post on 12/1/12 at 12:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These were my first pair of cans that I consider my baptism of audiophile stuff. I used them with Fiio E10 as dac and Schiit Asgard as amp. Yes, they sounded good, but not as good as my...
The joys of reviewing a favorite product have eluded yours truly, until the T20 from RHA (Reid & Heath Acoustics) came along, supplied for review by my good friends at Headphone Zone...
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and also I wanted to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to headphones...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
Digital Response Correctionpost #1 of 27/30/11 at 9:36pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 27/30/11 at 9:49pmThread Starter
We've had countless EQ, bass boost etc... technologies present. But this is a new one. Were starting research and would like to have feedback from headfiers.
It's called Headphone Profiling
Every headphone in the world has a unique frequency curve which can be corrected by a DSP changing amplitude voltage in real-time to correct the curve. This can then be mapped and stored in memory for different models of headphones.
Now, as an example, The HD555 is off by -10dB at around 10Hz, so in effect a DSP can callibrate it to 0dB by correcting the amplitude voltage accordingly. This can then be mapped for each headphone and provided for every user to download.
I'll update if we go ahead with a prototype.
- Digital Response Correction
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 53 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion,... 1 minute ago
- › Headphones and Earbuds 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica AD-700 (purple) Any Good? 6 minutes ago
- › Enter for a chance to win Sennheiser MOMENTUM Headphones and even a... 7 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 9 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 10 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3