Thread for new technologies, this one based on response correction.
Related Forum Threads
- In need of headphones + amp for under 175$ Last post on 12/1/12 at 12:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for glasses wearers Last post on 9/26/12 at 1:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 5 Way Mid-Fi Comparison Last post on 9/20/12 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me pick my first closed headphones Last post on 9/18/12 at 11:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Digital Response Correctionpost #1 of 27/30/11 at 9:36pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 27/30/11 at 9:49pmThread Starter
We've had countless EQ, bass boost etc... technologies present. But this is a new one. Were starting research and would like to have feedback from headfiers.
It's called Headphone Profiling
Every headphone in the world has a unique frequency curve which can be corrected by a DSP changing amplitude voltage in real-time to correct the curve. This can then be mapped and stored in memory for different models of headphones.
Now, as an example, The HD555 is off by -10dB at around 10Hz, so in effect a DSP can callibrate it to 0dB by correcting the amplitude voltage accordingly. This can then be mapped for each headphone and provided for every user to download.
I'll update if we go ahead with a prototype.
- Digital Response Correction
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 49 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › WTB: Schiit Mjolnir amp (230V version) 4 minutes ago
- › Thursday July 31st Stereo Exchange on Broadway has a Headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 4 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T1 headphones, mint condition 5 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › JBL Synchros S700. Why no talk? 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)