i'm thinking of getting ultrasone pro 900's soon. does anyone recommend any particular amp for them?
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 8/1/11
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/1/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/1/11
- productHHI Deep Bass Vibe Earphone - Bluetagged by System, 8/1/11
- productNuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/1/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/1/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Cheap Amp for Pro 900? Last post on 9/20/11 at 6:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another Recommendation Thread.... Last post on 8/9/11 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a little help with a pair of new bass cans. Last post on 8/1/12 at 8:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for hip hop/rap for 300$ Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Pro Vs Ultrasone Pro 900 Last post on 12/26/12 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preamble: Hi guys, I'm a budding audio-appreciator since starting on this journey about a year and a half ago. I just have average ears that like to listen to slightly above average music and so...
best bang for the buck amp for ultrasone pro 900
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 57/30/11 at 8:32pmQuote:
I power mine with a Vivid V1 Tech. More power than it needs. The ultrasones don't need a lot of juice to get up and rumble. Check out the PA2V2, Go Vibe, E11, E7, uDac2, etc. They don't need amplification to be heard, but to take advantage of their bass impact and speed, an amp definitely makes a difference there--which is the point of the headphone really. Go used, there's a PA2V2 and Go Vibe for sale in the amplification for sale forum for $50 each. Great price for a quick good amp for these kinds of phones.
Very best,post #3 of 58/1/11 at 3:00pmThread Starterpost #4 of 58/1/11 at 3:09pm
I use the E11 with the Pro 900s. The bass really improves with some amplification, it has much more impact.
The only "problem" I have with the Pro 900s is that they're not really forgiving. I have some poorly mastered music, and it's a pain to hear them.
- best bang for the buck amp for ultrasone pro 900
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread 3 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13,... 5 minutes ago
- › 71 IEM Brief Review thread (incl. Rhine Monitors, Cleartune,... 7 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 8 minutes ago
- › What headphones are good for listening/audio production? 8 minutes ago
- › Post your computer specs!~ 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 9 minutes ago
- › Whisky (or Whiskey) Fi 14 minutes ago
- › New member roll call 15 minutes ago
- › Rolls PM57 Headphone Tap by BeatsWork
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Philips SHE3905BK/27 In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Black by Whitigir
- › Music Hall de-be Portable Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2