i'm thinking of getting ultrasone pro 900's soon. does anyone recommend any particular amp for them?
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 8/1/11
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/1/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/1/11
- productHHI Deep Bass Vibe Earphone - Bluetagged by System, 8/1/11
- productNuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/1/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/1/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Cheap Amp for Pro 900? Last post on 9/20/11 at 6:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another Recommendation Thread.... Last post on 8/9/11 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a little help with a pair of new bass cans. Last post on 8/1/12 at 8:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for hip hop/rap for 300$ Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Pro Vs Ultrasone Pro 900 Last post on 12/26/12 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Fiio X3 2nd generation preview Disclaimer: before jumping into the device itself, I have to talk a little bit about myself. I am still an amateur on the subject of sound quality, but I’ll...
They re absoultely amazing I srsly reccomend you buy them listening to songs with them are like hearing the artists in real life its honestly amazing!
As my wife will tell you, at just about every major audio show I attend I buy something (shocker right?). There’s something cool about looking at my pieces of gear and thinking about the show...
So i bought the DT 880 250 Ohm Pro model. I also have KEf m200 in ears, a pair of AKG k450. I owned Audio Technica m30, Sennheiser Momentum on ear and Beyerdynamic dt 770 80 Ohm. The difference is...
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
best bang for the buck amp for ultrasone pro 900
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 57/30/11 at 8:32pmQuote:
I power mine with a Vivid V1 Tech. More power than it needs. The ultrasones don't need a lot of juice to get up and rumble. Check out the PA2V2, Go Vibe, E11, E7, uDac2, etc. They don't need amplification to be heard, but to take advantage of their bass impact and speed, an amp definitely makes a difference there--which is the point of the headphone really. Go used, there's a PA2V2 and Go Vibe for sale in the amplification for sale forum for $50 each. Great price for a quick good amp for these kinds of phones.
Very best,post #3 of 58/1/11 at 3:00pmThread Starterpost #4 of 58/1/11 at 3:09pm
I use the E11 with the Pro 900s. The bass really improves with some amplification, it has much more impact.
The only "problem" I have with the Pro 900s is that they're not really forgiving. I have some poorly mastered music, and it's a pain to hear them.
- best bang for the buck amp for ultrasone pro 900
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 4 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 19 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 21 seconds ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 51 seconds ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping in May 1 minute ago
- › iqube v2 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2