i'm thinking of getting ultrasone pro 900's soon. does anyone recommend any particular amp for them?
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 8/1/11
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/1/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/1/11
- productHHI Deep Bass Vibe Earphone - Bluetagged by System, 8/1/11
- productNuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/1/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/1/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Cheap Amp for Pro 900? Last post on 9/20/11 at 6:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another Recommendation Thread.... Last post on 8/9/11 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a little help with a pair of new bass cans. Last post on 8/1/12 at 8:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for hip hop/rap for 300$ Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Pro Vs Ultrasone Pro 900 Last post on 12/26/12 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Looks: 10 These look really good and matured in design. The carbon fiber earcups especially (when not covered in fingerprints) Can't go wrong with all black. What concerns me a little is how long...
I'm using this cable with my SMSL SD793-ii because its only option for a computer is its optical output. It does its job and for $8/6ft its worth it for sure. Overall just gives the user great...
-Introduction- HifiMe is a company that specializes in building bare-bones DAC with no frills, focusing entirely on price-to-performance ratios. That’s a good thing for audiophiles on a budget,...
-Introduction- It’s not often I have the chance to review products as high-end as the ZMF x Vibro MK II. I approached Zach in July, and asked for a loaner unit. One wasn’t readily available...
Firstly, many thanks to iFi for the loan of this amp. I am not affiliated with iFi, just a regular Head-Fi addict to happens to be lucky enough to get loan units now and again from the generous iFi...
best bang for the buck amp for ultrasone pro 900
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 57/30/11 at 8:32pmQuote:
I power mine with a Vivid V1 Tech. More power than it needs. The ultrasones don't need a lot of juice to get up and rumble. Check out the PA2V2, Go Vibe, E11, E7, uDac2, etc. They don't need amplification to be heard, but to take advantage of their bass impact and speed, an amp definitely makes a difference there--which is the point of the headphone really. Go used, there's a PA2V2 and Go Vibe for sale in the amplification for sale forum for $50 each. Great price for a quick good amp for these kinds of phones.
Very best,post #3 of 58/1/11 at 3:00pmThread Starterpost #4 of 58/1/11 at 3:09pm
I use the E11 with the Pro 900s. The bass really improves with some amplification, it has much more impact.
The only "problem" I have with the Pro 900s is that they're not really forgiving. I have some poorly mastered music, and it's a pain to hear them.
- best bang for the buck amp for ultrasone pro 900
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 23 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 25 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 39 seconds ago
- › Shanling M5 44 seconds ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 4 minutes ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Review tour for SOUNDAWARE 2016M1 / M1Pro(femto)... 6 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 7 minutes ago
- › Asus STX II Vs Creative ZXR 8 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with... by Gabeh765
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by Cinder
- › ZMF Headphones x Vibro MK II by Cinder
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Turrican2
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Bloos
- › Arcam rHead - Discrete True-linear Class-A Analogue Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Cayin iHA-6 by Dillan
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by Dillan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...