i'm thinking of getting ultrasone pro 900's soon. does anyone recommend any particular amp for them?
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 8/1/11
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/1/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/1/11
- productHHI Deep Bass Vibe Earphone - Bluetagged by System, 8/1/11
- productNuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/1/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/1/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Cheap Amp for Pro 900? Last post on 9/20/11 at 6:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another Recommendation Thread.... Last post on 8/9/11 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a little help with a pair of new bass cans. Last post on 8/1/12 at 8:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for hip hop/rap for 300$ Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Pro Vs Ultrasone Pro 900 Last post on 12/26/12 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
best bang for the buck amp for ultrasone pro 900
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 57/30/11 at 8:32pmQuote:
I power mine with a Vivid V1 Tech. More power than it needs. The ultrasones don't need a lot of juice to get up and rumble. Check out the PA2V2, Go Vibe, E11, E7, uDac2, etc. They don't need amplification to be heard, but to take advantage of their bass impact and speed, an amp definitely makes a difference there--which is the point of the headphone really. Go used, there's a PA2V2 and Go Vibe for sale in the amplification for sale forum for $50 each. Great price for a quick good amp for these kinds of phones.
Very best,post #3 of 58/1/11 at 3:00pmThread Starterpost #4 of 58/1/11 at 3:09pm
I use the E11 with the Pro 900s. The bass really improves with some amplification, it has much more impact.
The only "problem" I have with the Pro 900s is that they're not really forgiving. I have some poorly mastered music, and it's a pain to hear them.
- best bang for the buck amp for ultrasone pro 900
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 1 minute ago
- › [Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser hd 598 vs hd 600 ONLY! AMP/DAC recommendation for hd 598 1 minute ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 4 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 4 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2