i'm thinking of getting ultrasone pro 900's soon. does anyone recommend any particular amp for them?
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 8/1/11
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/1/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/1/11
- productHHI Deep Bass Vibe Earphone - Bluetagged by System, 8/1/11
- productNuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/1/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/1/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Cheap Amp for Pro 900? Last post on 9/20/11 at 6:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another Recommendation Thread.... Last post on 8/9/11 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a little help with a pair of new bass cans. Last post on 8/1/12 at 8:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for hip hop/rap for 300$ Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Pro Vs Ultrasone Pro 900 Last post on 12/26/12 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
FiiO Mont Blanc for IEM When you pick up the Mont Blanc you feel like you have something substantial in your hand. Not that is is overly heavy, no, it is conveys the impression that this thing...
I borrowed these from a friend as a trial and I can see why he likes them, unfortunately I do not. Let me elaborate on this as it's no justification at all to dismiss these earphone because I...
My main review is here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/752588/review-earwerkz-supra-the-universal-custom-in-ear-monitor. This will house the TL;DR version: From the comfort, custom-like fit,...
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer,...
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
best bang for the buck amp for ultrasone pro 900
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 57/30/11 at 8:32pmQuote:
I power mine with a Vivid V1 Tech. More power than it needs. The ultrasones don't need a lot of juice to get up and rumble. Check out the PA2V2, Go Vibe, E11, E7, uDac2, etc. They don't need amplification to be heard, but to take advantage of their bass impact and speed, an amp definitely makes a difference there--which is the point of the headphone really. Go used, there's a PA2V2 and Go Vibe for sale in the amplification for sale forum for $50 each. Great price for a quick good amp for these kinds of phones.
Very best,post #3 of 58/1/11 at 3:00pmThread Starterpost #4 of 58/1/11 at 3:09pm
I use the E11 with the Pro 900s. The bass really improves with some amplification, it has much more impact.
The only "problem" I have with the Pro 900s is that they're not really forgiving. I have some poorly mastered music, and it's a pain to hear them.
- best bang for the buck amp for ultrasone pro 900
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › NVX XPT100 (HM5 clone) - nonexistent bass, tinny and artificial... 7 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 9 seconds ago
- › Cardas EM5813 or Sennheiser IE800 46 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony cd900st , ATH-M50x , Sony MDR v6, or what would you recommend? 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 3 minutes ago
- › ecp audio Black Diamond by Schopenhauer
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)