Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › 19 custom IEM/TF10/Shure/IE8 cables reviewed (Effect Pearl, Apollo, & Odin added 3/20/13)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

19 custom IEM/TF10/Shure/IE8 cables reviewed (Effect Pearl, Apollo, & Odin added 3/20/13) - Page 39

post #571 of 641


Very happy with my set of cables.

Thanks, Chris & Ted!
Expect more business from me later on wink.gif
post #572 of 641
Oooh, that's pretty! By any chance, do you know if they offer any type 2 litz cables?
post #573 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSC View Post

Oooh, that's pretty! By any chance, do you know if they offer any type 2 litz cables?

I'm not sure. You gotta ask Ted/Chris about that.
post #574 of 641

I have been off this thread for almost 6 months. I am using TF10 with default cable. I am in the market for less than 100$ cable. The last time I was here, I was considering CH. Are there any new options in last 6 months?

What are the best options (and their reviews) for th10 cables under 100$ ?

 

Thanks.

post #575 of 641
Chris_Himself cables are good choices.

You can try the White Angel or Dark Lord on ebay (It's around $30)
post #576 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSC View Post

Oooh, that's pretty! By any chance, do you know if they offer any type 2 litz cables?

Right now, no. Ted does not have any Litz cable but if you email him about it he always tries to please customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonball View Post

I have been off this thread for almost 6 months. I am using TF10 with default cable. I am in the market for less than 100$ cable. The last time I was here, I was considering CH. Are there any new options in last 6 months?

What are the best options (and their reviews) for th10 cables under 100$ ?

 

Thanks.

You should be able to find a lot of options. If you are into DIY, their are some offerings from Toxic Cables for loose wire and pins from their eBay store. (Doing something like that myself, but I already had pins for the CIEM's I have)(I figured I should mention this as it is a legitimate option and it's a great way to get the bang for your buck if you are confident enough to do things yourself.)

 

In terms of cables being made for the TF10's you should find that a bunch of the cables in your price range come in the TF10 variety. Chris_Himself cables, as well as others will do you well. They are generally all quite good. I have a list of aftermarket cables and links to their reviews in my signature. I unfortunately have been swamped with school and haven't updated it in the last month but the majority of the reviews on this site are there, just about 3-5 are missing and 3 of them are from this thread


Edited by kenman345 - 4/14/13 at 9:40pm
post #577 of 641
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonball View Post

I have been off this thread for almost 6 months. I am using TF10 with default cable. I am in the market for less than 100$ cable. The last time I was here, I was considering CH. Are there any new options in last 6 months?

What are the best options (and their reviews) for th10 cables under 100$ ?

 

Thanks.

 

I am not sure how the current CH cable perform since I haven't had a chance to try them, but the Effect Studio Apollo is very nice for the price as is the Null Audio Arete (make sure you change the pricing to USD).  Both offer exceptional ergonomics and the Apollo is very solidly built and the Arete is almost like no cable ;)

post #578 of 641
Hello Joe, still no thoughts on a good cable for my SE5 ?
post #579 of 641

Any reviews on the difference between 3 CH varieties - silver, hybrid (silver and copper interlaced) and copper ?

post #580 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonball View Post

Any reviews on the difference between 3 CH varieties - silver, hybrid (silver and copper interlaced) and copper ?

 

Ehh I'll save you the trouble and tell you not really. Even Joe hasn't received our new stranded stuff yet.. we've been pretty busy. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

post #581 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post

Ehh I'll save you the trouble and tell you not really. Even Joe hasn't received our new stranded stuff yet.. we've been pretty busy. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Is the new stranded silver? Or just the new coating? biggrin.gif
post #582 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftay View Post


Is the new stranded silver? Or just the new coating? biggrin.gif

 

Both, there is a 24awg copper sheathed in more supply PE tubing and a 26AWG pure OCC silver wire!

post #583 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post

Both, there is a 24awg copper sheathed in more supply PE tubing and a 26AWG pure OCC silver wire!
Wow, so the one I have sitting in my mailbox in Japan (yeah, sorry Ted/Tim...didn't make it in time for my Australia trip), is that the new OCC 26AWG silver cable? Also is the Silver/Gold sibling OCC too?
post #584 of 641

Toxic Cables new "VIRUS" cable, the first true hybrid cable to be released. No further need of an 8 wire cable, to get a hybrid. Our cables use Litz OCC pure silver and OCC pure copper within the same wire.

 

Please check my appreciation thread for pricing.

 

 

  

 


Edited by Toxic Cables - 4/20/13 at 3:36pm

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #585 of 641

Certainlly looks fan ******* tastik.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › 19 custom IEM/TF10/Shure/IE8 cables reviewed (Effect Pearl, Apollo, & Odin added 3/20/13)