I am not a basshead by any means as I realized upon listening to the Hippo VB. I currently use a Klipsch Image S4 with my iPhone 4 and its enjoyable and I like the function of the 3 button strip on it. Well I borrowed an Etymotic HF3 and fell in love with the clarity that it produced as well as the fact that it had the 3 button controls. The only fault was that the lower frequencies just were lacking in amplitude. I don't need bass that interferes with the other frequencies but a bit more amplitude would be nice. I was wondering what are your suggestions for a solution to this problem that is in the $200 or so range.
Related Forum Threads
- Best sub $200 IEMs for Rock Music? Last post on 12/11/12 at 10:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a pair of IEM's with a similiar sonic signature to the ATH-M50's Last post on 10/12/12 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Request: Best Analytical IEM sub-$100 Last post on 10/1/12 at 3:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Love the HF3 by Etymotic, but what about the same sound with a bit more bass? Suggestions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks for the advice. I will give that a try. Do the Shure Olives insert far into the ear canal. I find that I prefer that.
it's about the same as with the ety foams but they isolate even better if you can believe it (the olives are denser). Another option i just remembered is that the etys respond very well and cleanly to a gentle eq. on my roxbox fuze, i turned up the bass by +5db ish and it was perfect. That was with the ety foams. with the olives i didnt even need to eq.
- Love the HF3 by Etymotic, but what about the same sound with a bit more bass? Suggestions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Need help on a predicament! 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Is Beyerdynamic DT 660 really as good as T1? (for classical music) 3 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 Over Ear Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 5 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)