I am not a basshead by any means as I realized upon listening to the Hippo VB. I currently use a Klipsch Image S4 with my iPhone 4 and its enjoyable and I like the function of the 3 button strip on it. Well I borrowed an Etymotic HF3 and fell in love with the clarity that it produced as well as the fact that it had the 3 button controls. The only fault was that the lower frequencies just were lacking in amplitude. I don't need bass that interferes with the other frequencies but a bit more amplitude would be nice. I was wondering what are your suggestions for a solution to this problem that is in the $200 or so range.
Related Forum Threads
- Best sub $200 IEMs for Rock Music? Last post on 12/11/12 at 10:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a pair of IEM's with a similiar sonic signature to the ATH-M50's Last post on 10/12/12 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Request: Best Analytical IEM sub-$100 Last post on 10/1/12 at 3:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Love the HF3 by Etymotic, but what about the same sound with a bit more bass? Suggestions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks for the advice. I will give that a try. Do the Shure Olives insert far into the ear canal. I find that I prefer that.
it's about the same as with the ety foams but they isolate even better if you can believe it (the olives are denser). Another option i just remembered is that the etys respond very well and cleanly to a gentle eq. on my roxbox fuze, i turned up the bass by +5db ish and it was perfect. That was with the ety foams. with the olives i didnt even need to eq.
- Love the HF3 by Etymotic, but what about the same sound with a bit more bass? Suggestions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 3 minutes ago
- › [ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › hissing sound on the gold contact between headphone and remote 4 minutes ago
- › headphones for the 55 and up crowd 5 minutes ago
- › portable amp for sennheiser hd6 mixes 6 minutes ago
- › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner 7 minutes ago
- › Help me with my decision on new headphones 8 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)