I don't want to turn off any purists, as I do own and use my ATH-A700's but now I've started looking for some full-size phones that sound good and have a mic built in. I drive my ATH-A700's with a Fiio e7, but I'm not sure whether gaming phones have the mic line built into the 1/8th connector or have a separate one. Does anybody have any recommendations? Thanks all!
Related Forum Threads
- Best circumaural headphones at the $200 price point? Last post on 6/13/12 at 12:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- buying an ath a700- the bad the good and the ugly please.... Last post on 1/3/12 at 2:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Novice with sound. Advice needed for sound card paird with ATH-A700 Last post on 11/1/11 at 11:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- hd600 or hd650? Last post on 5/14/13 at 4:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a pair of over the ear headphones for under $150 Last post on 10/12/11 at 7:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
Synopsis: The Spectrum Series G10 is the next generation universal fit stage monitor from Future Sonics. Replacing the Atrio with a new driver, housing, and cables, the G10 surpasses it in detail...
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
Recommendation on Headphones for Gamingpost #1 of 47/28/11 at 12:40pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 47/28/11 at 2:04pmpost #3 of 47/28/11 at 2:31pmpost #4 of 47/28/11 at 2:35pm
Right, i forgot about the boom mic mod.
- Recommendation on Headphones for Gaming
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 3011 Active Users (550 Members and 2461 Guests)
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 52 seconds ago
- › Back Again Asking For Yet Another Recommendation... 56 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Trying to find some nice crisp/clear/crystal clear heahphones 4 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 headphone amp vs Objective 2 w/ AC adapter 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 7 minutes ago
- › Some questions about settings (sample rate, latency, etc.) for an... 7 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3