I don't want to turn off any purists, as I do own and use my ATH-A700's but now I've started looking for some full-size phones that sound good and have a mic built in. I drive my ATH-A700's with a Fiio e7, but I'm not sure whether gaming phones have the mic line built into the 1/8th connector or have a separate one. Does anybody have any recommendations? Thanks all!
Related Forum Threads
- Best circumaural headphones at the $200 price point? Last post on 6/13/12 at 12:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- buying an ath a700- the bad the good and the ugly please.... Last post on 1/3/12 at 2:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Novice with sound. Advice needed for sound card paird with ATH-A700 Last post on 11/1/11 at 11:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- hd600 or hd650? Last post on 5/14/13 at 4:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a pair of over the ear headphones for under $150 Last post on 10/12/11 at 7:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
“You know, I’ve never owned any Schi….um, any of your products..” I was saying to Jason Stoddard in LA in March. Indeed, the last time I’d sampled anything from his company was years ago at a meet...
I am new to head-fi and this is my first ever review. Basically I joined head-fi to read people's expert opinions on different products, as I'm not an audiophile and do not know much about the...
Alessandro Music Series MS1i Black Walnut Cups $169 Big thanks to JoeDoe of Head-Fi as he performed the cup installation as well as the swapping out the headband. I paid a little more for mine...
Value: I got these for $207 and at twice the price they'd be a great buy. Sound: If the next sentence seems defensive, it's not. it's an assertion of the sound quality of the HD598s. I've been in...
I'll refrain from writing an extensive review this time, as everything important has already been shown and written down in the other reviews here on head-fi. I second those opinions and can...
Recommendation on Headphones for Gamingpost #1 of 47/28/11 at 12:40pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 47/28/11 at 2:04pmpost #3 of 47/28/11 at 2:31pm
- Recommendation on Headphones for Gaming
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 3596 Active Users (664 Members and 2932 Guests)
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 17 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads & general... 2 minutes ago
- › Official plans for firmware updates for the X5 after version 1.10,... 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon J3 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 2 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › The World’s First Hybrid Earbud, The Grand Launch! DUNU Alpha 1 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by harshkamboj
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones by LMNproyect
- › ASUS Xonar Essence ST Headphone 7.1-Channel Audio Card for Audiophiles by Vartan
- › Wireless Stereo Headset by Bugattikid2012
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)