Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Fidelia on Lion OSX
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fidelia on Lion OSX - Page 2

post #16 of 29

Fidelia ->Preferences->General-> UNCHECK 'Validate New Effects on Launch'.  Dude, it's RIGHT there in front of you.

post #17 of 29

Dude... it was never checked in the first place so how do you explain that?
Nothing in those preferences were even checked.  The only thing that said VST on the fedelia said no VST plug in found.  So there was nothing of the VST even being used and it still pops.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by disastermouse View Post

Fidelia ->Preferences->General-> UNCHECK 'Validate New Effects on Launch'.  Dude, it's RIGHT there in front of you.



 


Edited by Hawaiiancerveza - 10/11/11 at 2:15pm
post #18 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by disastermouse View Post


OSX supports VST. I run some VST plugins and instruments in Live 8. The hitch is that there are Windows VSTs and Mac VSTs.
As for the plugin scan, keep looking - it's a box you uncheck. There are only four tabs in preferences - it's either General or Advanced, I think.


well thats news to me, i use logic and it stopped supporting them some time ago, perhaps i just assumed it was system wide apple thing

post #19 of 29

I'm not running Lion but Fidelia works fine with VSTs.  Most commercial plugin developers provide both AU and VST for mac.  There are few decent freebies out there but if you want anything that's any good be prepared to spend a bit.  The windows side has a lot more available in the VST space but that's not going to help us here.

post #20 of 29

HAHA idk if you have it backwards but when I check it the popping and skipping STOPS....
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by disastermouse View Post

Fidelia ->Preferences->General-> UNCHECK 'Validate New Effects on Launch'.  Dude, it's RIGHT there in front of you.



 

post #21 of 29

So I installed Lion on the weekend.  Fidelia continued to work, VSTs continued to work, but there is a bug.  I find that if a scroll in another app (for example Chrome) I do get some stuttering.  If Fidelia has the focus this doesn't happen.  I've submitted a report and we"ll have to see where it goes.

post #22 of 29


When I clicked on the "validate effects" in the preference and it stopped it.  Give those a try.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcyb62 View Post

So I installed Lion on the weekend.  Fidelia continued to work, VSTs continued to work, but there is a bug.  I find that if a scroll in another app (for example Chrome) I do get some stuttering.  If Fidelia has the focus this doesn't happen.  I've submitted a report and we"ll have to see where it goes.



 

post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiancerveza View Post


When I clicked on the "validate effects" in the preference and it stopped it.  Give those a try.  



 


Still skips (or maybe pops is a better way of putting it).

 

post #24 of 29

Hmmm.... it worked for me.  Maybe can't have any open windows when your listening to music.  Have you tried to un-click it?  
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcyb62 View Post


Still skips (or maybe pops is a better way of putting it).

 



 

post #25 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiancerveza View Post

Hmmm.... it worked for me.  Maybe can't have any open windows when your listening to music.  Have you tried to un-click it?  
 



 


I've tried it both on and off.  If Fidelia has focus there is no skipping or popping but as soon as switch to another window and scroll the skipping/popping is there.  I left a bug report on the web site on the weekend and have yet to hear back.

 

post #26 of 29

I also left a report.  Don't be surprised if they write back and ask for a copy of the files you are using.  They told me it was my files.  I got a few of them from HD Tracks but the rest are lossless iTune songs.  So far mine has stopped.  
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcyb62 View Post


I've tried it both on and off.  If Fidelia has focus there is no skipping or popping but as soon as switch to another window and scroll the skipping/popping is there.  I left a bug report on the web site on the weekend and have yet to hear back.

 



 

post #27 of 29

Weird.  I tried running Logic on the weekend (1st time since upgrading to Lion) and it told me I had to upgrade.  For some reason I couldn't upgrade Logic without having to re-install Logic 1st.  I re-installed Logic, did the upgrade and since having done this my problems with Fidelia have gone away.

 

Weird.

 

Darcy

post #28 of 29

i'm not getting any issues as far as it skipping, but every time i go into the advanced preference section (in the free trial version) fidelia stops responding. i have to force quit it and then restart it. does this happen to everyone else using it with lion?

post #29 of 29

Running the trial of the basic Fidelia player, and my issue is that the audio seems to stop whenever there is a system sound of any kind and will not resume unless I open the preferences or Audio MIDI Setup. I must have something set wrong, but I haven't been able to figure out what it might be.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Fidelia on Lion OSX