I am impressed by it every day. I did review some other DAC's and Headphone amps that are more expensive than 160D, but never something beaten 160D in terms of speed, musical details, punch and pure joy of listening. This thing alone makes me love 160D even more :-)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBurson Audio HA-160Dtagged by System, 3/7/13
- productBurson HA-160Dtagged by System, 7/28/11
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 7/28/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/20/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 9/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/28/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 7/28/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 7/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E9 Review Last post on 5/12/14 at 4:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Please help me pick an AMP ! Last post on 10/5/12 at 12:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- if someone familiar with hd650+600 and denon please take a look Last post on 9/22/11 at 11:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- simple fiio e7/e9 question Last post on 2/16/12 at 7:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Under $200 open headphones for the fiio e7 / e9 combo Last post on 6/13/11 at 4:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
Burson HA-160D Impressions from the Burson Loaner Program at Headfonia - Page 13post #181 of 1862/1/12 at 11:32pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 1862/2/12 at 2:37am
I use the Burson as a reference DAC and reference desktop amp. Everything about the sound screams precision. It keeps the music together better than any of my other gear. I haven't delved into more expensive amps, but it is far and away the most impressive piece of gear I own.
I use it to drive my Sennheiser 650s direct, my Woo WA6, and my Genelec 8040s through a CleanBox Pro. My old rig (not really that old!) was an Apogee Duet, which struggles with echoes and transients. The Burson is clean and spacious. It's not even a contest. The Apogee D/As, which make a lot of today's modern music, pale by comparison.
The solid state amp took the doors off the Woo WA6 with a standard tube set. Once I put the Princess tube in, it became a closer match with the Burson still in the lead. Subbing a GZ34 tube and they're virtually neck and neck (though the GZ34 still needs burn in time). I doubt I could tell which is which in a blind taste test. It's splitting hairs. The bass sounds slightly cleaner on the Burson, which I tend to like. But honestly, when you get to this level of performance, there's no right answer, it comes down to preference.
The point being-- the Burson is dang-good. The pre-amp is the best I've heard. I could easily get by with just this box and be perfectly happy, but I love playing with the Woo. Once the honeymoon fades, I could see myself selling the Woo down the road. I'll be spending money on a pair of LCD-2s or Sennie 800s before I bother with the signal again. If I were building a rig from scratch-- the Burson would be at the top of my shopping list.post #183 of 1862/6/12 at 10:10ampost #184 of 1862/7/12 at 2:33ampost #185 of 1862/7/12 at 10:03amQuote:
Right, i saw something on their Fb page. This time is not with headfonia.post #186 of 1862/20/12 at 10:33amQuote:
Probably fabio is talking about the new loaner program with Audeze. They announced last week that they are running a new loaner program where people from Europe will have the chance to try the 160D+LCD-2 combo for a few days.
Registration ends on feb 28th, link here:
- Burson HA-160D Impressions from the Burson Loaner Program at Headfonia
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 10 seconds ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-2 Dual Wolfson WM8741 DAC 48 seconds ago
- › HifiMan HE-560 US Touring Event - Sign up List Updated 50 seconds ago
- › Best amp/dac for HD 650s? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The Ear Pads Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 3 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)