I am impressed by it every day. I did review some other DAC's and Headphone amps that are more expensive than 160D, but never something beaten 160D in terms of speed, musical details, punch and pure joy of listening. This thing alone makes me love 160D even more :-)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBurson Audio HA-160Dtagged by System, 3/7/13
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 7/28/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/20/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 9/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/28/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 7/28/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 7/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E9 Review Last post on 11/30/14 at 3:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Please help me pick an AMP ! Last post on 10/5/12 at 12:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- if someone familiar with hd650+600 and denon please take a look Last post on 9/22/11 at 11:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- simple fiio e7/e9 question Last post on 2/16/12 at 7:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Under $200 open headphones for the fiio e7 / e9 combo Last post on 6/13/11 at 4:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Background In about 1990, when Joseph Grado was designing his HMP-1 Holographic Scalera Scanner (perfectly-matched pair of microphones for recording), he needed some detailed, neutral...
Creative's Sound Blaster E1 If you want to cover your bases with a do-all headphone accessory, the E1 is a good start. Affordable, well featured, inexpensive, the E1 is Creative's entry-level...
Firstly like to thank Chuck from 1964 Ears for organising the Pendulumic Stance S1+ headphones for this review. Pendulumic is a relatively new company in the headphone world, and...
Introduction: RHA is a fairly new audio company that has made quite a splash recently with their MA750 and T10 IEMs. RHA has recently announced their new T20 IEM which is due to be released...
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Burson HA-160D Impressions from the Burson Loaner Program at Headfonia - Page 13post #181 of 1862/1/12 at 11:32pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 1862/2/12 at 2:37am
I use the Burson as a reference DAC and reference desktop amp. Everything about the sound screams precision. It keeps the music together better than any of my other gear. I haven't delved into more expensive amps, but it is far and away the most impressive piece of gear I own.
I use it to drive my Sennheiser 650s direct, my Woo WA6, and my Genelec 8040s through a CleanBox Pro. My old rig (not really that old!) was an Apogee Duet, which struggles with echoes and transients. The Burson is clean and spacious. It's not even a contest. The Apogee D/As, which make a lot of today's modern music, pale by comparison.
The solid state amp took the doors off the Woo WA6 with a standard tube set. Once I put the Princess tube in, it became a closer match with the Burson still in the lead. Subbing a GZ34 tube and they're virtually neck and neck (though the GZ34 still needs burn in time). I doubt I could tell which is which in a blind taste test. It's splitting hairs. The bass sounds slightly cleaner on the Burson, which I tend to like. But honestly, when you get to this level of performance, there's no right answer, it comes down to preference.
The point being-- the Burson is dang-good. The pre-amp is the best I've heard. I could easily get by with just this box and be perfectly happy, but I love playing with the Woo. Once the honeymoon fades, I could see myself selling the Woo down the road. I'll be spending money on a pair of LCD-2s or Sennie 800s before I bother with the signal again. If I were building a rig from scratch-- the Burson would be at the top of my shopping list.post #183 of 1862/6/12 at 10:10ampost #184 of 1862/7/12 at 2:33ampost #185 of 1862/7/12 at 10:03amQuote:
Right, i saw something on their Fb page. This time is not with headfonia.post #186 of 1862/20/12 at 10:33amQuote:
Probably fabio is talking about the new loaner program with Audeze. They announced last week that they are running a new loaner program where people from Europe will have the chance to try the 160D+LCD-2 combo for a few days.
Registration ends on feb 28th, link here:
- Burson HA-160D Impressions from the Burson Loaner Program at Headfonia
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Do I need a DAP? 1 minute ago
- › Speaker stands for the desktop? 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › How to Compare Headphones - Factoring out loudness 1 minute ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 1 minute ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX For Sale - Barely Used - No rattle/Issues 2 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › AIAIAI TMA-1 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)