I am impressed by it every day. I did review some other DAC's and Headphone amps that are more expensive than 160D, but never something beaten 160D in terms of speed, musical details, punch and pure joy of listening. This thing alone makes me love 160D even more :-)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBurson Audio HA-160Dtagged by System, 3/7/13
- productBurson HA-160Dtagged by System, 7/28/11
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 7/28/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/20/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 9/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/28/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 7/28/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 7/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E9 Review Last post on 5/12/14 at 4:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Please help me pick an AMP ! Last post on 10/5/12 at 12:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- if someone familiar with hd650+600 and denon please take a look Last post on 9/22/11 at 11:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- simple fiio e7/e9 question Last post on 2/16/12 at 7:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Under $200 open headphones for the fiio e7 / e9 combo Last post on 6/13/11 at 4:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
- Headphone Impedance
Burson HA-160D Impressions from the Burson Loaner Program at Headfonia - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I use the Burson as a reference DAC and reference desktop amp. Everything about the sound screams precision. It keeps the music together better than any of my other gear. I haven't delved into more expensive amps, but it is far and away the most impressive piece of gear I own.
I use it to drive my Sennheiser 650s direct, my Woo WA6, and my Genelec 8040s through a CleanBox Pro. My old rig (not really that old!) was an Apogee Duet, which struggles with echoes and transients. The Burson is clean and spacious. It's not even a contest. The Apogee D/As, which make a lot of today's modern music, pale by comparison.
The solid state amp took the doors off the Woo WA6 with a standard tube set. Once I put the Princess tube in, it became a closer match with the Burson still in the lead. Subbing a GZ34 tube and they're virtually neck and neck (though the GZ34 still needs burn in time). I doubt I could tell which is which in a blind taste test. It's splitting hairs. The bass sounds slightly cleaner on the Burson, which I tend to like. But honestly, when you get to this level of performance, there's no right answer, it comes down to preference.
The point being-- the Burson is dang-good. The pre-amp is the best I've heard. I could easily get by with just this box and be perfectly happy, but I love playing with the Woo. Once the honeymoon fades, I could see myself selling the Woo down the road. I'll be spending money on a pair of LCD-2s or Sennie 800s before I bother with the signal again. If I were building a rig from scratch-- the Burson would be at the top of my shopping list.
Right, i saw something on their Fb page. This time is not with headfonia.
Probably fabio is talking about the new loaner program with Audeze. They announced last week that they are running a new loaner program where people from Europe will have the chance to try the 160D+LCD-2 combo for a few days.
Registration ends on feb 28th, link here:
- Burson HA-160D Impressions from the Burson Loaner Program at Headfonia
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Best portable amp under 150? 10 seconds ago
- › HifiMan HE-560 US Touring Event - Sign up List Updated 21 seconds ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 23 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Studio Monitor Subwoofer 1 minute ago
- › Seattle Redhook Meet Saturday July 26th, 2014 1 minute ago
- › Burn in 2 minutes ago
- › The "non-Grado" Driver Grado Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Objective 2 (O2) Desktop Amps 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)