I am impressed by it every day. I did review some other DAC's and Headphone amps that are more expensive than 160D, but never something beaten 160D in terms of speed, musical details, punch and pure joy of listening. This thing alone makes me love 160D even more :-)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBurson Audio HA-160Dtagged by System, 3/7/13
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 7/28/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/20/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 9/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/28/11
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 7/28/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 7/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E9 Review Last post on 11/30/14 at 3:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Please help me pick an AMP ! Last post on 10/5/12 at 12:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- if someone familiar with hd650+600 and denon please take a look Last post on 9/22/11 at 11:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- simple fiio e7/e9 question Last post on 2/16/12 at 7:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Under $200 open headphones for the fiio e7 / e9 combo Last post on 6/13/11 at 4:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The Fiil Diva headphone is probably one of the most intuitive headphones south of $200. They have features that make them almost 3-4 headphones in one, currently they can be had for about $129 on...
Burson HA-160D Impressions from the Burson Loaner Program at Headfonia - Page 13post #181 of 1882/1/12 at 11:32pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 1882/2/12 at 2:37am
I use the Burson as a reference DAC and reference desktop amp. Everything about the sound screams precision. It keeps the music together better than any of my other gear. I haven't delved into more expensive amps, but it is far and away the most impressive piece of gear I own.
I use it to drive my Sennheiser 650s direct, my Woo WA6, and my Genelec 8040s through a CleanBox Pro. My old rig (not really that old!) was an Apogee Duet, which struggles with echoes and transients. The Burson is clean and spacious. It's not even a contest. The Apogee D/As, which make a lot of today's modern music, pale by comparison.
The solid state amp took the doors off the Woo WA6 with a standard tube set. Once I put the Princess tube in, it became a closer match with the Burson still in the lead. Subbing a GZ34 tube and they're virtually neck and neck (though the GZ34 still needs burn in time). I doubt I could tell which is which in a blind taste test. It's splitting hairs. The bass sounds slightly cleaner on the Burson, which I tend to like. But honestly, when you get to this level of performance, there's no right answer, it comes down to preference.
The point being-- the Burson is dang-good. The pre-amp is the best I've heard. I could easily get by with just this box and be perfectly happy, but I love playing with the Woo. Once the honeymoon fades, I could see myself selling the Woo down the road. I'll be spending money on a pair of LCD-2s or Sennie 800s before I bother with the signal again. If I were building a rig from scratch-- the Burson would be at the top of my shopping list.post #183 of 1882/6/12 at 10:10ampost #184 of 1882/7/12 at 2:33ampost #185 of 1882/7/12 at 10:03amQuote:
Right, i saw something on their Fb page. This time is not with headfonia.post #186 of 1882/20/12 at 10:33amQuote:
Probably fabio is talking about the new loaner program with Audeze. They announced last week that they are running a new loaner program where people from Europe will have the chance to try the 160D+LCD-2 combo for a few days.
Registration ends on feb 28th, link here:post #187 of 1888/15/15 at 6:20amThread StarterQuote:
epic bump. LOL I was saying this based on a pattern that all the cans I have tried regardless of tonality or impedance were affected the same way with the same coloration.
Edited by donunus - 8/15/15 at 6:21am
- Burson HA-160D Impressions from the Burson Loaner Program at Headfonia
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 10 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - two weeks old 10 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 12 minutes ago
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...