I own a pair of Etymotic ER6i and my gf wants a pair for the gym. I'm hoping there is something better out there now since I've owned mine for over a year now. I'm sure there were much better IEM's to begin with but I had a limited knowledge of headphones back then (and still do). I'm after a good pair of IEM's for under $150 that can sound really good straight out of an ipod. I had a quick look in the head-gear ranking section and came across "Head-Direct RE0 Earphones". Would these be the best to go with as I can get a pair for $79.
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 7/27/11
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 7/27/11
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/27/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/27/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Request: Best Analytical IEM sub-$100 Last post on 10/1/12 at 3:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon EQ5 , Ety HF5 or Brainwavz B2? Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
Want something a bit better sounding than your cell phone, with the ability to carry your whole lossless music collection? Enter, Sony Walkman NW-A35. This new release from Sony features five...
Best IEM's for under $150post #1 of 97/26/11 at 5:26amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 97/26/11 at 8:52am
I am a relative Newbie with IEM's but in the last 7 months or so I have tried around a half dozen IEM's that are all under $200.00. I started with the RE0's and liked them but then tried the Fischer Audio DBA-02's and loved them but they did not last long before one channel dropped out. I replaced them with the Eyty HF5's and really like them as well. The three I mentioned are all very true in their sound and if you think you will like the way the RE0's sound i would look at the HF5's and the Brainwavz B2's. I personally think that the HF5's for $99.00 are really hard to beat but I see the Brainwavz B2's are on sale for $120.00 this week.....thinking I may pick up a pair.
Jimpost #3 of 97/27/11 at 9:37pmpost #4 of 97/27/11 at 10:07pmpost #5 of 97/28/11 at 12:39ampost #6 of 97/28/11 at 2:31amQuote:
as long as $ dollar will continue losing value against powerful Chinese Yuan and Japanese Yen, earphones and other imported goods will continue costing more...
Dollar ain't worth much this days..post #7 of 97/28/11 at 5:28amQuote:
opposite in my country.. so don't generalise it like thatpost #8 of 97/28/11 at 6:06amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM's for under $150
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Chord Mojo mint (free shipping) 38 seconds ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 56 seconds ago
- › Bluedio Headphones Official Promotion 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 2 minutes ago
- › Gearbest's Headphones Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Removing broken cable pins stuck in IEM sockets (How To) 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear