I own a pair of Etymotic ER6i and my gf wants a pair for the gym. I'm hoping there is something better out there now since I've owned mine for over a year now. I'm sure there were much better IEM's to begin with but I had a limited knowledge of headphones back then (and still do). I'm after a good pair of IEM's for under $150 that can sound really good straight out of an ipod. I had a quick look in the head-gear ranking section and came across "Head-Direct RE0 Earphones". Would these be the best to go with as I can get a pair for $79.
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 7/27/11
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 7/27/11
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/27/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/27/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Request: Best Analytical IEM sub-$100 Last post on 10/1/12 at 3:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon EQ5 , Ety HF5 or Brainwavz B2? Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Jive you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated with...
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Best IEM's for under $150
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I am a relative Newbie with IEM's but in the last 7 months or so I have tried around a half dozen IEM's that are all under $200.00. I started with the RE0's and liked them but then tried the Fischer Audio DBA-02's and loved them but they did not last long before one channel dropped out. I replaced them with the Eyty HF5's and really like them as well. The three I mentioned are all very true in their sound and if you think you will like the way the RE0's sound i would look at the HF5's and the Brainwavz B2's. I personally think that the HF5's for $99.00 are really hard to beat but I see the Brainwavz B2's are on sale for $120.00 this week.....thinking I may pick up a pair.
as long as $ dollar will continue losing value against powerful Chinese Yuan and Japanese Yen, earphones and other imported goods will continue costing more...
Dollar ain't worth much this days..
opposite in my country.. so don't generalise it like that
- Best IEM's for under $150
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 57 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 1 minute ago
- › Looking for closed back headphones and DAP for music listening and... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900X Thread. :) 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 6 minutes ago
- › How to choose considering sound fatigue? 9 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 10 minutes ago
- › Schiit we'd like to see 10 minutes ago
- › Let's Discuss Your Raspberry Pi Setups 11 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 12 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2