I own a pair of Etymotic ER6i and my gf wants a pair for the gym. I'm hoping there is something better out there now since I've owned mine for over a year now. I'm sure there were much better IEM's to begin with but I had a limited knowledge of headphones back then (and still do). I'm after a good pair of IEM's for under $150 that can sound really good straight out of an ipod. I had a quick look in the head-gear ranking section and came across "Head-Direct RE0 Earphones". Would these be the best to go with as I can get a pair for $79.
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 7/27/11
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 7/27/11
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/27/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/27/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Request: Best Analytical IEM sub-$100 Last post on 10/1/12 at 3:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon EQ5 , Ety HF5 or Brainwavz B2? Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Best IEM's for under $150
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I am a relative Newbie with IEM's but in the last 7 months or so I have tried around a half dozen IEM's that are all under $200.00. I started with the RE0's and liked them but then tried the Fischer Audio DBA-02's and loved them but they did not last long before one channel dropped out. I replaced them with the Eyty HF5's and really like them as well. The three I mentioned are all very true in their sound and if you think you will like the way the RE0's sound i would look at the HF5's and the Brainwavz B2's. I personally think that the HF5's for $99.00 are really hard to beat but I see the Brainwavz B2's are on sale for $120.00 this week.....thinking I may pick up a pair.
as long as $ dollar will continue losing value against powerful Chinese Yuan and Japanese Yen, earphones and other imported goods will continue costing more...
Dollar ain't worth much this days..
opposite in my country.. so don't generalise it like that
- Best IEM's for under $150
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music City Meet -- Spring 2015 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › DAP Challenge Chart (Including 22 Portable Sources, Lotoo Paw 5000... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Celsus Sound Companion One vs Oppo HA-2 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Whiplash Audio TWcu2 Black 3 minutes ago
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3