I own a pair of Etymotic ER6i and my gf wants a pair for the gym. I'm hoping there is something better out there now since I've owned mine for over a year now. I'm sure there were much better IEM's to begin with but I had a limited knowledge of headphones back then (and still do). I'm after a good pair of IEM's for under $150 that can sound really good straight out of an ipod. I had a quick look in the head-gear ranking section and came across "Head-Direct RE0 Earphones". Would these be the best to go with as I can get a pair for $79.
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 7/27/11
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 7/27/11
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/27/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/27/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Request: Best Analytical IEM sub-$100 Last post on 10/1/12 at 3:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon EQ5 , Ety HF5 or Brainwavz B2? Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
AMPSANDSOUNDS KENZIE- what....a....WEEK! The Kenzie is handmade in Southern California with U.S.-sourced parts and custom hand-wound output transformers from Transcender, out of Hollister, CA....
Following the HD600s, I had simply obtained the Superlux 668b as a point of comparison and reference, as it is a well know and popular budget Headphone. My brother also uses a pair that he swears...
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
IntroductionWhen I first reviewed Schiit Audio's original Modi/Vali stack many moons ago, I walked away very impressed to say the least. Not only was it a cost effective solution for the budding...
Best IEM's for under $150post #1 of 97/26/11 at 5:26amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 97/26/11 at 8:52am
I am a relative Newbie with IEM's but in the last 7 months or so I have tried around a half dozen IEM's that are all under $200.00. I started with the RE0's and liked them but then tried the Fischer Audio DBA-02's and loved them but they did not last long before one channel dropped out. I replaced them with the Eyty HF5's and really like them as well. The three I mentioned are all very true in their sound and if you think you will like the way the RE0's sound i would look at the HF5's and the Brainwavz B2's. I personally think that the HF5's for $99.00 are really hard to beat but I see the Brainwavz B2's are on sale for $120.00 this week.....thinking I may pick up a pair.
Jimpost #3 of 97/27/11 at 9:37pmpost #4 of 97/27/11 at 10:07pmpost #5 of 97/28/11 at 12:39ampost #6 of 97/28/11 at 2:31amQuote:
as long as $ dollar will continue losing value against powerful Chinese Yuan and Japanese Yen, earphones and other imported goods will continue costing more...
Dollar ain't worth much this days..post #7 of 97/28/11 at 5:28amQuote:
opposite in my country.. so don't generalise it like thatpost #8 of 97/28/11 at 6:06amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM's for under $150
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Pittsburgh HeadPhile Meet! 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 3 minutes ago
- › 2016 Southeastern Michigan FALL Head-Fi Meet: SATURDAY, OCTOBER... 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 6 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 6 minutes ago
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear