- 1,357 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Stamford, CT
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG 701 & FiiO E9i (prev: AKG K240mkII in search for amp) Last post on 8/24/11 at 1:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Accurate/Neutral Sounding Headphones for Recording, Mixing, Tracking and General Listening for... Last post on 7/3/12 at 2:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K240 MKII vs K271 MKII Last post on 11/12/11 at 2:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K240MKII thoughts? Last post on 9/27/11 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K-702 sonic quality without a dedicated amp Last post on 9/21/11 at 5:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an unprecedented...
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
Hairline cracks in AKG K240 MkII? - Page 2post #16 of 202/7/13 at 3:24amOP, AKG headphpnes are VERY durable, and tend to offer very good sound IMHO. I own 4 pairs of AKG's, and haven't had a problem with any. I would not be hesitant to buy if I were you, as these are rare occurrences, and even so, you an still sell it, as someone will buy it that doesn't care. I just sold some Hd555 with a crack down the cup
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2011/13/13 at 1:45am
The same problem with my akg k-240 mkII headphones! The right side was broken and a cable had come loose. I am very upset about the poor build quality from this expensive headphones! A tip: To open the headphone there is a small screw under the label affixed AKG..
post #18 of 2011/30/13 at 6:51am
I've owned my pair for more than 2 years and they are still in great conditions. apart from the usual wear and tear on the pads and a few scratches on where I lean them on the desk, I haven't had any problems. I think the biggest problem isn't the quality, but how we treat them. The k240 aren't sturdy like the metal used on Sony 7506 but in no way are they poorly built. Anyways, that's my take on them.post #19 of 204/5/14 at 4:09pmpost #20 of 202/15/15 at 3:42am
I have exactly the same problem with my 240 mkII that just i bought less than 1 year ago :((
tips: dont use that cans while excercise, any exercise, my plastic dumbbells hit it lighty, but then i notice the crack 1 day later
so theres no any replacement for it? also are those crack make sound more leaking or not?
- Hairline cracks in AKG K240 MkII?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Am I asking for too much? 5 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 14 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 15 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 25 seconds ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 1 minute ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 1 minute ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit we'd like to see 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...