- 1,174 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Stamford, CT
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG 701 & FiiO E9i (prev: AKG K240mkII in search for amp) Last post on 8/24/11 at 1:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Accurate/Neutral Sounding Headphones for Recording, Mixing, Tracking and General Listening for... Last post on 7/3/12 at 2:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K240 MKII vs K271 MKII Last post on 11/12/11 at 2:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K240MKII thoughts? Last post on 9/27/11 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K-702 sonic quality without a dedicated amp Last post on 9/21/11 at 5:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preface: Hearing the MSB Analog was a long overdue matter. A couple of weeks ago, I finally decided it was a good time to do something about it, hence I got one from local dealer to have the...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time passed,...
Disclaimer I was part of the european leg on the X5 world tour, so I did receive a review unit, free of charge, for ten days, but it was already running FW 1.0. I am in no way affiliated with...
Ultrasone Edition 5 Unlimited needs some serious burning-in. They sound horrible at the beginning but after about 30-40 hrs they are getting better and better - very open (doesn't sound like closed...
Hairline cracks in AKG K240 MkII? - Page 2post #16 of 202/7/13 at 3:24amOP, AKG headphpnes are VERY durable, and tend to offer very good sound IMHO. I own 4 pairs of AKG's, and haven't had a problem with any. I would not be hesitant to buy if I were you, as these are rare occurrences, and even so, you an still sell it, as someone will buy it that doesn't care. I just sold some Hd555 with a crack down the cup
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2011/13/13 at 1:45am
The same problem with my akg k-240 mkII headphones! The right side was broken and a cable had come loose. I am very upset about the poor build quality from this expensive headphones! A tip: To open the headphone there is a small screw under the label affixed AKG..
post #18 of 2011/30/13 at 6:51am
I've owned my pair for more than 2 years and they are still in great conditions. apart from the usual wear and tear on the pads and a few scratches on where I lean them on the desk, I haven't had any problems. I think the biggest problem isn't the quality, but how we treat them. The k240 aren't sturdy like the metal used on Sony 7506 but in no way are they poorly built. Anyways, that's my take on them.post #19 of 204/5/14 at 4:09pmpost #20 of 202/15/15 at 3:42am
I have exactly the same problem with my 240 mkII that just i bought less than 1 year ago :((
tips: dont use that cans while excercise, any exercise, my plastic dumbbells hit it lighty, but then i notice the crack 1 day later
so theres no any replacement for it? also are those crack make sound more leaking or not?
- Hairline cracks in AKG K240 MkII?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 17 seconds ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 1 minute ago
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T51i w/ Apple Mic and Remote (2 months old - Like... 4 minutes ago
- › WTB Audio Technica ATH-M50X In Dark Green/Chocolate! 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio S2 In Ear Monitors - Big dynamic drivers! Inner... 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Hi! I´m getting started in this new world, please help! 7 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3