- 1,141 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Stamford, CT
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG 701 & FiiO E9i (prev: AKG K240mkII in search for amp) Last post on 8/24/11 at 1:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Accurate/Neutral Sounding Headphones for Recording, Mixing, Tracking and General Listening for... Last post on 7/3/12 at 2:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K240 MKII vs K271 MKII Last post on 11/12/11 at 2:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K240MKII thoughts? Last post on 9/27/11 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K-702 sonic quality without a dedicated amp Last post on 9/21/11 at 5:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Dont let these tiny guys disappoint you by looks. Plug them in and you wont believe your ears. These are that good, It sounds like large over ear headphones. I have owned many earbuds like...
Hairline cracks in AKG K240 MkII? - Page 2post #16 of 202/7/13 at 3:24amOP, AKG headphpnes are VERY durable, and tend to offer very good sound IMHO. I own 4 pairs of AKG's, and haven't had a problem with any. I would not be hesitant to buy if I were you, as these are rare occurrences, and even so, you an still sell it, as someone will buy it that doesn't care. I just sold some Hd555 with a crack down the cup
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2011/13/13 at 1:45am
The same problem with my akg k-240 mkII headphones! The right side was broken and a cable had come loose. I am very upset about the poor build quality from this expensive headphones! A tip: To open the headphone there is a small screw under the label affixed AKG..
post #18 of 2011/30/13 at 6:51am
I've owned my pair for more than 2 years and they are still in great conditions. apart from the usual wear and tear on the pads and a few scratches on where I lean them on the desk, I haven't had any problems. I think the biggest problem isn't the quality, but how we treat them. The k240 aren't sturdy like the metal used on Sony 7506 but in no way are they poorly built. Anyways, that's my take on them.post #19 of 204/5/14 at 4:09pmpost #20 of 202/15/15 at 3:42am
I have exactly the same problem with my 240 mkII that just i bought less than 1 year ago :((
tips: dont use that cans while excercise, any exercise, my plastic dumbbells hit it lighty, but then i notice the crack 1 day later
so theres no any replacement for it? also are those crack make sound more leaking or not?
- Hairline cracks in AKG K240 MkII?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 54 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › My IEM days are over, per Doctor's orders 2 minutes ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping in May 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 in great condition. price includes shipping (North... 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard 2 4 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 5 minutes ago
- › The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Courageousbo
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2