Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club - Page 47

post #691 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleefurd View Post
 

 

That looks like a DT1350 "Sultans of Swing Edition". ^_^ Ha ha ha... very interesting work and a lot of details in it.

 

"Mayan Gold DT1350's" apparently!:

 

http://dj-jfunk.deviantart.com/art/Mayan-Gold-DT1350-Headphones-336978706

 

That DJ-Funk has quite a slew of nifty looking work!

post #692 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

"Mayan Gold DT1350's" apparently!:

 

http://dj-jfunk.deviantart.com/art/Mayan-Gold-DT1350-Headphones-336978706

 

That DJ-Funk has quite a slew of nifty looking work!


Ha ha ha... seems like someone pointed out that it should be Aztec Gold Edition instead. That guy have talent.

post #693 of 800

Some people do have a lot of time at hand (or, obviously, are much more skilled than me ;-)

 

If going the nail polish + remover route be careful not to drop the remover on any non-metal parts, don't know how well the pads or drivers would respond to that treatment.

 

You may also want to give the pads a bit of a workout with your fingers to soften them up...

post #694 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by plakat View Post
 

Some people do have a lot of time at hand (or, obviously, are much more skilled than me ;-)

 

If going the nail polish + remover route be careful not to drop the remover on any non-metal parts, don't know how well the pads or drivers would respond to that treatment.

 

You may also want to give the pads a bit of a workout with your fingers to soften them up...

 

Yeah, I don't have much time or patience for this kind of thing. But I found this tutorial about using plasti-dip on headphones:

http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/23529213--CLOSED-Plasti-Dip-your-headphones-HDJ-2000-tutorial-

 

That looks quite do-able, and is reversible, and that matt black would look pretty good on the yolks I think. The only problem is that it would be best to get the cups out of the yolks before attempting to spray the plasti-dip on the yolks.

 

I found this tutorial about dismantling the dt1350's. Looks pretty simple to remove the pads, then remove the drivers (I wouldn't be removing the cables or anything), and then remove the cups from the yolks. The images are missing, but are in the next link:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/618332/dismantling-guide-for-the-dt-1350-should-help-with-re-cabling-and-modinng

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.10150996403484830&type=1

 

I have no idea if I'll ever do this, but it looks do-able!


Edited by waynes world - 5/13/14 at 10:38am
post #695 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by plakat View Post

 

You may also want to give the pads a bit of a workout with your fingers to soften them up...

 

Will do. Have you done the headband stretching thing? I'm wondering if I should try that as well.

post #696 of 800

Black would look good I think... it always does ;-) Waiting for my T90 Jubilee... All Black...

http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/at-home/music-pleasure/t-90-jubilee.html

 

Yes, I did try to bend the headband a bit in the beginning. Not sure if that had any lasting effect as I was a bit hesitant to harm the headband pads or the plastic holding the cable to the headband.

 

Did you try splitting the headband? It moves the cups a bit farther away from each other, but overall it seems stiffer to me so I keep the headband closed.

post #697 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by plakat View Post
 

Black would look good I think... it always does ;-) Waiting for my T90 Jubilee... All Black...

http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/at-home/music-pleasure/t-90-jubilee.html

 

Yes, I did try to bend the headband a bit in the beginning. Not sure if that had any lasting effect as I was a bit hesitant to harm the headband pads or the plastic holding the cable to the headband.

 

Did you try splitting the headband? It moves the cups a bit farther away from each other, but overall it seems stiffer to me so I keep the headband closed.

 

Thanks - I have been trying that today since I read the above, and I might be imaging it, but they do seem more comfortable for me with the headband split. Interesting! I still can't get over how good these sound. So bloody easy and mesmerizing to listen to.


Edited by waynes world - 5/13/14 at 8:07pm
post #698 of 800

Now might be a good time as any to ask, has anyone had experience with replacing the adjustment rings? 

 

http://www.beyerdynamic.de/shop/hah/ersatzteile/schieber-set-dt-1350.html?___store=de&___from_store=en

post #699 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleefurd View Post
 


Just got mine today. Glad I auditioned the DT1350.


Week 2 of owning these cans....

Pads soften, sweet spot adjustment found, band no longer drive me crazy... bliss...

After burning in, using it with the FiiO E17 + E09K combo reveals its weakness in the lack of headroom (fanboys have already flamed me but I believe my ears) and now the companion amp is the TEAC HA-P50-B and I am a happy camper...

Was listening to Lorde's songs like "Royals", "Buzzcut Season" and "400 Lux" and the sub bass was convincing and nice without being "too artificial", unlike my old seasoned Sennheiser HD25-1. If the DT1350 was designed to rival the Senn HD25-1, I believe the DT1350 has successfully done so.

Those who have yet to have a listen to the TEAC amp + DAC, I think you should give them a listening test. Might not be for everyone, but I would recommend that as a match for the DT1350. Loving it and happy...

post #700 of 800

AT 1350 A

 

http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/audiometry/at-1350-a.html

 

anyone tried these? made for hearing tests?

post #701 of 800

We recently discussed this model either here or in the other, longer thread on the DT1350. Yes, its specifically made for audiometry purposes and to my knowledge not sold to consumers, does not even have a standard plug on its cable. The capsules are selected to match (even the replacements are only sold in pairs), detailed measurements are available to ensure correct compensation settings.

post #702 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by plakat View Post
 

We recently discussed this model either here or in the other, longer thread on the DT1350. Yes, its specifically made for audiometry purposes and to my knowledge not sold to consumers, does not even have a standard plug on its cable. The capsules are selected to match (even the replacements are only sold in pairs), detailed measurements are available to ensure correct compensation settings.


In other words, like microphones designed for measurements instead of recording (vocals), the response will be technically super accurate, but will sound like crap because they will not be "musical". 

post #703 of 800

I think they are not tuned for normal use, the priorities are good driver match and consistency. There is an extensive datasheet available, obviously needed by someone who wants to use that headphone with audiometry equipment.

Can'T tell whether they sound good or bad, I just would not count on them being better suited to music than the standard version (which certainly is tuned for that). I think there is nothing inherently better on the A model than the standard version. Except, depending on personal taste, for the color scheme ;-)

post #704 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by plakat View Post
 

I think they are not tuned for normal use, the priorities are good driver match and consistency. There is an extensive datasheet available, obviously needed by someone who wants to use that headphone with audiometry equipment.

Can'T tell whether they sound good or bad, I just would not count on them being better suited to music than the standard version (which certainly is tuned for that). I think there is nothing inherently better on the A model than the standard version. Except, depending on personal taste, for the color scheme ;-)

Have to say the color scheme is tempting... modding time?

post #705 of 800

I can't find the AT1350 parts on the website... but asking them might help.

Yes, I think the overall result would be better when transplanting the standard drivers into the AT structure (i.e. cups and headband, as the headband has those nice red/blue markers).

Would be nice to have the DT1350 in the Manufaktur...

http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/mf/manufaktur/hifi-manufaktur.html

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club