Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club - Page 38

post #556 of 790

I was undecided whether to buy these phones or the Sennheiser Momentums. I had a chance to listen to the Momentums at BB and almost bought the on-the-ear set except they were out of stock, so I thought I would wait. The over-the-ear Momentums were slightly better in overall sound quality but I did not think they were worth the $100 more. I am glad I waited. Amazon had the Beyerdynamic DT-1350-80s available at a great price, and after reading the professional and amateur reviews, I decided to try them thinking I could return them if they did not measure up to the Momentums.


Out of the box, the build quality is fantastic. They come with a carrying case that is secured with Velcro. A 1/4" adapter is included. The headband can be pulled apart to better fit heads; this is a good feature. I use this when I jog with them. My Samsung Galaxy 4 drives them quite well and considering my recordings are mp3 - 128, they sound good. I was looking for a portable headphone that was better than my in-ear RHAs. I did not experience any discomfort with the ear fit as was reported by some reviewers. The phones fit perfectly on me. The only negative, but just slightly, is the sound isolation. The DT-1350s are really good at it but not as good as noise canceling phones. I was not able to try the isolation with the Momentums.

 

Once I tried the phones, I was amazed on how smooth and clear the sound was. I was concerned with some of the reviewers that the phones lacked bass - this is not the case. The bass is well balanced, substantial and tight and when needed, and goes quite low without being muddy. I found the Momentums slightly muddy and enhanced in this area. The overall sound of the mids and treble is clear and balanced. Singing voices sound especially good. The DT-1350s produce a very natural, balanced sound. They will not make bad material sound good. The better the input, the better the sound. Music that I tried so far: YES, Genesis, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Return to Forever, Dream Theater, Stevie Wonder, Pink Floyd, Beatles, Steely Dan, Blondie, Chick Corea, Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, The Eagles, Donald Fagen, Michael Jackson, Magic Pie, Steve Hackett, and The Cars. I do not listen to  rap or hip hop. I have yet to listen to classical and electronic music.

 

I will update this post if needed.

 

I will keep these and enjoy them even more as the break in period continues.

 

Justinto

post #557 of 790

The earcups of mine is somewhat getting sticky a bit... I'm kinda bothered with it. It's like a rubber paint and the climate here in my country is hot so I think this is expected. Wonder if there's anything I could do.

post #558 of 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinto View Post
 

I was undecided whether to buy these phones or the Sennheiser Momentums. I had a chance to listen to the Momentums at BB and almost bought the on-the-ear set except they were out of stock, so I thought I would wait. The over-the-ear Momentums were slightly better in overall sound quality but I did not think they were worth the $100 more. I am glad I waited. Amazon had the Beyerdynamic DT-1350-80s available at a great price, and after reading the professional and amateur reviews, I decided to try them thinking I could return them if they did not measure up to the Momentums.


Out of the box, the build quality is fantastic. They come with a carrying case that is secured with Velcro. A 1/4" adapter is included. The headband can be pulled apart to better fit heads; this is a good feature. I use this when I jog with them. My Samsung Galaxy 4 drives them quite well and considering my recordings are mp3 - 128, they sound good. I was looking for a portable headphone that was better than my in-ear RHAs. I did not experience any discomfort with the ear fit as was reported by some reviewers. The phones fit perfectly on me. The only negative, but just slightly, is the sound isolation. The DT-1350s are really good at it but not as good as noise canceling phones. I was not able to try the isolation with the Momentums.

 

Once I tried the phones, I was amazed on how smooth and clear the sound was. I was concerned with some of the reviewers that the phones lacked bass - this is not the case. The bass is well balanced, substantial and tight and when needed, and goes quite low without being muddy. I found the Momentums slightly muddy and enhanced in this area. The overall sound of the mids and treble is clear and balanced. Singing voices sound especially good. The DT-1350s produce a very natural, balanced sound. They will not make bad material sound good. The better the input, the better the sound. Music that I tried so far: YES, Genesis, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Return to Forever, Dream Theater, Stevie Wonder, Pink Floyd, Beatles, Steely Dan, Blondie, Chick Corea, Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, The Eagles, Donald Fagen, Michael Jackson, Magic Pie, Steve Hackett, and The Cars. I do not listen to  rap or hip hop. I have yet to listen to classical and electronic music.

 

I will update this post if needed.

 

I will keep these and enjoy them even more as the break in period continues.

 

Justinto

 

 

This is very similar to my experience, except in comparison to the Amperiors, not the Momentums. I like the overall sound of the Amperiors, but the bass is not as clean and tight as the 1350s (which have a near-perfect low end, in my opinion). I also HATE the ergonomics of the Senns...all that plastic, a cable that sustains damage way too easily, and TWO pairs that had a loose cup that never properly stayed in place when I put the headphones on. I have not had any of these issues with the 1350s...they are built for the long haul. 

post #559 of 790

Great and congrats on the 1350's!

A.

post #560 of 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post
 

 

 

This is very similar to my experience, except in comparison to the Amperiors, not the Momentums. I like the overall sound of the Amperiors, but the bass is not as clean and tight as the 1350s (which have a near-perfect low end, in my opinion). I also HATE the ergonomics of the Senns...all that plastic, a cable that sustains damage way too easily, and TWO pairs that had a loose cup that never properly stayed in place when I put the headphones on. I have not had any of these issues with the 1350s...they are built for the long haul. 

 

I don't know about the Amperior...but I had a pair of HD25s that looked brand new after eight years of ownership.  There was not a scratch on them (the plastic they use is amazing) the day I shipped them off to their new owner.

post #561 of 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoexec View Post
 

The earcups of mine is somewhat getting sticky a bit... I'm kinda bothered with it. It's like a rubber paint and the climate here in my country is hot so I think this is expected. Wonder if there's anything I could do.

 

Where do you live?

post #562 of 790

I wish I could say the same, Elvergun...that aspect of the Amperiors has been very frustrating 

post #563 of 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post
 

 

Where do you live?


Philippines.

post #564 of 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoexec View Post
 


Philippines.

 

 

Switch to velour pads.

post #565 of 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinto View Post

I was undecided whether to buy these phones or the Sennheiser Momentums. I had a chance to listen to the Momentums at BB and almost bought the on-the-ear set except they were out of stock, so I thought I would wait. The over-the-ear Momentums were slightly better in overall sound quality but I did not think they were worth the $100 more. I am glad I waited. Amazon had the Beyerdynamic DT-1350-80s available at a great price, and after reading the professional and amateur reviews, I decided to try them thinking I could return them if they did not measure up to the Momentums.


Out of the box, the build quality is fantastic. They come with a carrying case that is secured with Velcro. A 1/4" adapter is included. The headband can be pulled apart to better fit heads; this is a good feature. I use this when I jog with them. My Samsung Galaxy 4 drives them quite well and considering my recordings are mp3 - 128, they sound good. I was looking for a portable headphone that was better than my in-ear RHAs. I did not experience any discomfort with the ear fit as was reported by some reviewers. The phones fit perfectly on me. The only negative, but just slightly, is the sound isolation. The DT-1350s are really good at it but not as good as noise canceling phones. I was not able to try the isolation with the Momentums.

Once I tried the phones, I was amazed on how smooth and clear the sound was. I was concerned with some of the reviewers that the phones lacked bass - this is not the case. The bass is well balanced, substantial and tight and when needed, and goes quite low without being muddy. I found the Momentums slightly muddy and enhanced in this area. The overall sound of the mids and treble is clear and balanced. Singing voices sound especially good. The DT-1350s produce a very natural, balanced sound. They will not make bad material sound good. The better the input, the better the sound. Music that I tried so far: YES, Genesis, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Return to Forever, Dream Theater, Stevie Wonder, Pink Floyd, Beatles, Steely Dan, Blondie, Chick Corea, Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, The Eagles, Donald Fagen, Michael Jackson, Magic Pie, Steve Hackett, and The Cars. I do not listen to  rap or hip hop. I have yet to listen to classical and electronic music.

I will update this post if needed.

I will keep these and enjoy them even more as the break in period continues.

Justinto
Thanks for the comparison I have an S4 as well so it's good hear they drive the beyers well. I love the over ear Momentums and they'd be my portable of choice if it wasn't for the small earpads and my dumbo ears lol.
post #566 of 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post


This is very similar to my experience, except in comparison to the Amperiors, not the Momentums. I like the overall sound of the Amperiors, but the bass is not as clean and tight as the 1350s (which have a near-perfect low end, in my opinion). I also HATE the ergonomics of the Senns...all that plastic, a cable that sustains damage way too easily, and TWO pairs that had a loose cup that never properly stayed in place when I put the headphones on. I have not had any of these issues with the 1350s...they are built for the long haul. 
How do the dt1350's mids and highs compare with the amperiors?
post #567 of 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by chailee80 View Post


How do the dt1350's mids and highs compare with the amperiors?

 

 

It's hard for me to give the nod to one or the other in terms of mids/highs. It's a clear victory for the 1350s in the low end, but a draw in the other areas. I think both have very solid mids and highs. The Senns sound pretty good overall, they just have a little more bloat in the low end (not in general, just compared to the 1350s) and I hate the ergonomics. But given that they've dropped so much in price, they're a very solid buy. 

post #568 of 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3llv3xit View Post
 

 

 

Switch to velour pads.

 

It's not the pads, it's the earcups themselves.

post #569 of 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoexec View Post
 

 

It's not the pads, it's the earcups themselves.



Have wood cups made.  I had mine modded to opened-backs.  

 

 

 

 

post #570 of 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoexec View Post
 


Philippines.

 

The only thing I can think of that might help you is to try another model.  The Martin Logan 90 is very similar to the DT1350 and it is mostly made out of leather and metal.   Perhaps those materials will hold up better in the Philippines.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club