Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club - Page 35

post #511 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaknr View Post


Hi,

Amazon only sells the normal edition I think. The Facelift edition, from what I've heard, is a very rare model. They're probably sold out by now. Other than the looks and comfort though, there is no difference between the two models. Honestly, I prefer the looks of the non facelift model. You can always purchase the other earpads if you want, for increase in comfort. But I think if you just bear it for a few days, you'll get used to the clamping force  - as even I with glasses have managed to find it tolerable now. Hope that answers your question.

Cheers !

 

Actually I think the guy who posted pics a week or so ago got his from Amazon and it came with the non-facelift cup design but the facelift version of the ear pads and headband padding. I suspect that's what you would get if you ordered from Amazon and if that's the case you can just remove the covers on the cups which are attached with double sided tape and you'll have a facelift version. Or just leave the cups as they are because you'll already have the improved comfort of the facelift version. It looks like Beyer may have switched to the new pads and headband padding before running out of the old style cups. That or they are keeping both versions alive simultaneously but using the new padding on both.

 

EDIT: A third theory is that only the coiled cable version has the different cups while both have the upgraded padding. Has anyone gotten a CC 1350 recently?


Edited by devhen - 1/6/14 at 5:42pm
post #512 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by devhen View Post
 

 

Actually I think the guy who posted pics a week or so ago got his from Amazon and it came with the non-facelift cup design but the facelift version of the ear pads and headband padding. I suspect that's what you would get if you ordered from Amazon and if that's the case you can just remove the covers on the cups which are attached with double sided tape and you'll have a facelift version. Or just leave the cups as they are because you'll already have the improved comfort of the facelift version. It looks like Beyer may have switched to the new pads and headband padding before running out of the old style cups. That or they are keeping both versions alive simultaneously but using the new padding on both.

 

EDIT: A third theory is that only the coiled cable version has the different cups while both have the upgraded padding. Has anyone gotten a CC 1350 recently?

 

Hey this is good news! Thanks for the info.

In other news, I don't have any DAC or Amp before, and I have an Android phone (HTC One) and a MBP.
You guys thinks that the Fiio e18 can improve the sound of my actual sources (DAP)? and benefit with the 1350?.
The truth is that I have never use or try a DAC or Amp before

 

Greetings!

post #513 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puchacamilo View Post
 

 

Hey this is good news! Thanks for the info.

In other news, I don't have any DAC or Amp before, and I have an Android phone (HTC One) and a MBP.
You guys thinks that the Fiio e18 can improve the sound of my actual sources (DAP)? and benefit with the 1350?.
The truth is that I have never use or try a DAC or Amp before

 

Greetings!

 

I think a Fiio is better than running the headphone straight out of a phone or laptop, but you won't hear a night and day difference (unless your laptop is a Dell :blink:).    I never use my Fiio when I'm on the move though...too much hassle to carry one more thing around.

post #514 of 800

Hi guys,

 

I received the Fiio E07K today. My initial impressions are : ( Note that most of my musc is in 16 bit 44.1KHz ALAC format)

1. It improves the music/sound quality greatly (NIGHT and DAY) compared to my laptop's built in sound. I must add that it matches Cambridge Audio's Dacmagic XS, more or less. Of course the Fiio has more features and more output, but using that'd make my ears hurt on my DT 1350. So, a tie between the Dacmagic and Fiio.

2. I compared the Fiio's DAC's quality (by usb connection to laptop) against the iPod touch 4G's output. So, this is a comparison of the DACs directly. I DON'T find much difference, no matter how intently I listen -the tiny difference is that the SoundStage has increased with no increase in clarity or detail at ALL ! - all the new instruments I started to hear recently were only because of the DT 1350 and the Fiio hasn't improved that any further. And I think the DT 1350 helps greatly to hear tiny differences.Of course, the Amplifier makes things sound a little better, BUT the 1350 doesn't need an amp at all !! the perception of improvement is not justifiable for my hearing loss !

3. I used a LOD cable (L3) from the iPod to the Fiio. Okay, so the amplifier works well, but it doesn't do any better than the iPod for reasonable volume levels. I'm guessing that to see the improvement, I'd need to push the volume up as high as I would when I'd be in front of the worst city traffic or standing outside two running airplanes at once (well, I have traveled on air a few times to say this).

 

This makes me think the DAC on Fiio = DAC on iPodtouch 4G. This whole experience has just increased my resect for iPod's sound quality ! So I'm still thinking if I should keep it or return it, based on just the DAC performance (for my laptop). Any suggestions anyone ?


Edited by ekaknr - 1/9/14 at 12:28pm
post #515 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaknr View Post
 

Hi guys,

 

I received the Fiio E07K today. My initial impressions are : ( Note that most of my musc is in 16 bit 44.1KHz ALAC format)

1. It improves the music/sound quality greatly (NIGHT and DAY) compared to my laptop's built in sound. I must add that it matches Cambridge Audio's Dacmagic XS, more or less. Of course the Fiio has more features and more output, but using that'd make my ears hurt on my DT 1350. So, a tie between the Dacmagic and Fiio.

2. I compared the Fiio's DAC's quality (by usb connection to laptop) against the iPod touch 4G's output. So, this is a comparison of the DACs directly. I DON'T find much difference, no matter how intently I listen -the tiny difference is that the SoundStage has increased with no increase in clarity or detail at ALL ! - all the new instruments I started to hear recently were only because of the DT 1350 and the Fiio hasn't improved that any further. And I think the DT 1350 helps greatly to hear tiny differences.Of course, the Amplifier makes things sound a little better, BUT the 1350 doesn't need an amp at all !! the perception of improvement is not justifiable for my hearing loss !

3. I used a LOD cable (L3) from the iPod to the Fiio. Okay, so the amplifier works well, but it doesn't do any better than the iPod for reasonable volume levels. I'm guessing that to see the improvement, I'd need to push the volume up as high as I would when I'd be in front of the worst city traffic or standing outside two running airplanes at once (well, I have traveled on air a few times to say this).

 

This makes me think the DAC on Fiio = DAC on iPodtouch 4G. This whole experience has just increased my resect for iPod's sound quality ! So I'm still thinking if I should keep it or return it, based on just the DAC performance (for my laptop). Any suggestions anyone ?


Return it and get a desktop dac and a portable amp?

 

Edit: yes they both uses wolfson chip so they should sound similar.


Edited by Jawmare - 1/12/14 at 10:16am
post #516 of 800

Hi! I got the DT1350 a few months ago and recently, the outside covers - the ones with the beyerdynamic imprint - began falling off. It seems that only a double-sided tape was used to mount these and it has begun to wear off. Anyone else experienced this issue? I love the sound of these headphones, but for the price, you'd expect a better build quality.


Edited by Lalbach - 1/15/14 at 12:43pm
post #517 of 800

Didn't know about this thread for some reason. Haha. I sold my original DT1350s because of the cable noise. Has their been any improvements to the microphonics from cables with the facelift version?

 

For those of you who have gotten recabling done by BTG, can you post some photos? I'm curious as to how it looks where the cables goes into the cup.

post #518 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalbach View Post
 

Hi! I got the DT1350 a few months ago and recently, the outside covers - the ones with the beyerdynamic imprint - began falling off. It seems that only a double-sided tape was used to mount these and it has begun to wear off. Anyone else experienced this issue? I love the sound of these headphones, but for the price, you'd expect a better build quality.

 

I've heard of 1 or 2 similar cases, seems to be rare though. The original version seems to use the same cups as the new (facelift) version, with that outer cup added rather late I guess. It should not change the sound as its just a gimmick. Maybe remove the other one as well -- I actually like the black cups better (but did not remove the outer shields from my DT1350).

post #519 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by plakat View Post
 

 

I've heard of 1 or 2 similar cases, seems to be rare though. The original version seems to use the same cups as the new (facelift) version, with that outer cup added rather late I guess. It should not change the sound as its just a gimmick. Maybe remove the other one as well -- I actually like the black cups better (but did not remove the outer shields from my DT1350).

Well here is the third case. Mine fell off whilst walking. It is now lost. Only 7 weeks old.

post #520 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve58 View Post
 

Well here is the third case. Mine fell off whilst walking. It is now lost. Only 7 weeks old.

 

Maybe it's an old stock and stored in fluctuating temperatures? Mine never came off even I live in a hot country. More than 2 yrs old. It's not that big a deal though, but if it's lost like on your case, I imagine it is kinda frustrating. :\

post #521 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve58 View Post
 

Well here is the third case. Mine fell off whilst walking. It is now lost. Only 7 weeks old.

 

Very sorry to hear that...

If you prefer the looks with the outer cup attached I'd try to contact Beyerdynamic as this obviously should not happen. Otherwise removing the other cup as well would be the faster solution to the problem as they are a purely cosmetic element of the headphone.

I've had mine for quite some time, mistreating them quite a bit (I'm in part using them for DJing) but no problems so far except glueing one of the headband cushions back on.

post #522 of 800

Ok guys, thanks for confirming that this is a known production issue. I'm lucky that I didn't loose my shields in the wild. I'm not a fan of the nakkid look, guess I'll go and get me some double-sided tape.

post #523 of 800


This is one mod I'm glad I did.

 

post #524 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3llv3xit View Post
 


This is one mod I'm glad I did.

 

:eek:

 

 

What did it do to the signature?

post #525 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post
 

:eek:

 

 

What did it do to the signature?



I know I am going to generate many an irate response from among the headfi members in saying this, but the stock DT1350 whilst great has that tunnel-like soundstage. I didn't really like that as I have grown accustomed to the T1 and Hd800 at home.

Th
is wood mod eliminated that tunnel-sound. It renders a wider soundstage with greatest improvement in the treble presentation. Highs are very well-extended, full and has that body you typically find in higher-end and more expensive cans. And the bass while lessened in quantity with the opened back, has that natural decay that I love in 1350's bigger cousin, the T1.

All told, the signature deep bass of the 1350 is still there but only lesser in quantity. The highs are given the much needed extension and body sans the closed chamber reverb. Mids remain largely unchanged (at least that's my half-hour listening impression).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club