Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable closed full size headphones for beginner 250$ Last post on 9/19/12 at 3:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advise about on ear headphones Last post on 9/9/12 at 10:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- On ear or over ear headphone with good isolation in the sub $200 range? Last post on 9/7/12 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On-ear portables to replace Shure e5c in-ear monitors?? Last post on 9/28/11 at 2:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club - Page 31
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #452 of 114510/18/13 at 11:57amQuote:Originally Posted by attilahun
So I've been enjoying my 1350's for a couple years now.
They still amaze me with their well rounded, punchy sound.
I'm using them primarily when traveling with an ipod classic, lossless and an RSA portable amp.
Yesterday I noticed that one of the caps had fallen off a cup.
Oddly, the surface below had the same Beyer name embossed.
Is the outer cover merely cosmetic?
Does it affect sound?
It's applied with double sided sticky tape that is loosing it's stickiness, it won't stay on anymore.
Should I replace? Does this matter?
Anyone else deal with this?
a bit late I know but......exactly the same thing happened to mine.
send an email, or better ring Beyer in US, or if they can't help,Germany.
They posted me two for free!
Superb servicepost #453 of 114511/4/13 at 7:03amQuote:Originally Posted by DigitalFreak
Quote:Originally Posted by viewtifuljon
Just ordered my pair today, could be in as early as Thursday. I can't wait!
When you get them really pay attention to fit and how they seal around your ears. If you don't have a good seal they'll sound tinny. The first day I had them i had issues because I hadn't figured out the proper positioning for optimal seal. When you finally get them feel free to come back and post your impressions.
Hi View, yes they do surely have a sweet spot. I found the way for me was to turn on the tv or whatever and fit the phones untill the background noise is minimalised in either ear with the phones being unpowered. When the background noise is minimalised turn on the power........and there you go. Thats the sweet spot, after a while the positionong becomes automatic.
Edited by Steve58 - 11/4/13 at 2:57pmpost #454 of 114511/4/13 at 8:01ampost #455 of 114511/5/13 at 9:58ampost #456 of 114511/7/13 at 1:41ampost #457 of 114511/7/13 at 4:43amQuote:
Hi Origin, I tried humming and it surely works! I had to wait till I was alone though:)
To demonstrate how well they do seal: When they are in the sweet spot, push both cans inward with one finger each, press them to the ears the bass will not inprove. They seal really well.
Edited by Steve58 - 11/7/13 at 4:44ampost #458 of 114511/7/13 at 2:32pmpost #459 of 114511/9/13 at 9:40pmpost #460 of 114511/11/13 at 3:06pmpost #461 of 114511/13/13 at 7:49am
Anyone see reduced prices on the dt1350 (non-facelift)? The lowest i've seen is $180 for the classic model... add $35 for the nubuck (mistranslated as velour, apparently) pads and i've got a facelift minus the coiled cable and revised headband padding.post #462 of 114511/16/13 at 6:54amQuote:
Was thinking that the 1350's "upgrade" has modified/bigger pads. Maybe ordering them as parts would be a solution, The headband cushion upgrade may also be available and they will both be a perfect retrofit. If anyone finds them a link would be cool.
Cheerspost #463 of 114511/17/13 at 6:04amQuote:
I wear glasses. There's a couple different things I can do to improve comfort. One is to actually rest your glasses above the cups rather than under them, if that makes sense. It might not work depending on what kind of glasses you have but for mine it works OK because of how small the 1350's cups are.
The other thing I've noticed improves comfort with glasses is to wear them further back on your ear as has been discussed in this thread. Like this:
It improves comfort when wearing glasses, and in general, and seals a little bit better that way.post #464 of 114511/21/13 at 5:39am
people gonna love this t51p....been comparing lately with my lovely DT1350...
My simple short impression:
Treble - DT1350 extends more, sounds a bit more crisp in comparison, but to me DT1350 still not a bright can. T51p is smoother, a bit more tamed down, but treble energy still there and never felt like loosing it. Both is accurate enough performing the note, but seems DT1350 is a tad more accurate to my ears, but t51p is very good as well.
MIDS - i started to like t51p more than my DT1350. Their sound seems like thicker, mellower, more lush with better bodied than DT1350. Listening to Jazz song..such a pleasant.
Bass - T51P extend better, more quantity, better impact and it goes deep when needed.
Sound staging - as supra aural cans - t51p is very good, i feel like is more spacious than dt1350, not much, but i can notice that - the sound is "bigger"
Detail / Clarity - DT1350 could be just a tad more detail due to the more extended highs, but detail on both is very nice, no problem at all catching up all details in sound.
So far, not sure which one to love more...but when amped, i might think the DT1350 can handle better than t51p, but not sure yet. still under my testing. Easier to say..i just love both, i think they complement each other alright.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › DQSM IEM Impressions / Easy Earphones Impressions 25 seconds ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Studio 3 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 5 minutes ago
- › Got the Blues? 5 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 7 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 8 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 10 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...