Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable closed full size headphones for beginner 250$ Last post on 9/19/12 at 3:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advise about on ear headphones Last post on 9/9/12 at 10:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- On ear or over ear headphone with good isolation in the sub $200 range? Last post on 9/7/12 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On-ear portables to replace Shure e5c in-ear monitors?? Last post on 9/28/11 at 2:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is my first review and it's going to be brief...Never in my life have I been so damn impressed with an audio product (I have a bunch) than I am with my Custom K10's!!! There is not 1 thing...
INTRODUCTION Hello again guys, I am Areek Nibras, a junior Head-fier and a recently graduated physician from Bangladesh, currently doing post-graduation training in Internal medicine. Today I will...
I picked up these for my wife. I thought that since she is more of an average listener (not too concerned with audio), the V-shaped sound might be acceptable or even preferred. I gave them a listen...
I got to listen to these for a couple weeks as part of the USA tour, with the requirement that I write a review and pay to ship them to the next participant. I am not affiliated with, and was not...
Introduction: I have had the chance to listen to the HD800 a few times at local Head-Fi meets. However, I have never got a good chance to listen to them, either the person who owned them...
The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club - Page 31
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #452 of 114110/18/13 at 11:57amQuote:Originally Posted by attilahun
So I've been enjoying my 1350's for a couple years now.
They still amaze me with their well rounded, punchy sound.
I'm using them primarily when traveling with an ipod classic, lossless and an RSA portable amp.
Yesterday I noticed that one of the caps had fallen off a cup.
Oddly, the surface below had the same Beyer name embossed.
Is the outer cover merely cosmetic?
Does it affect sound?
It's applied with double sided sticky tape that is loosing it's stickiness, it won't stay on anymore.
Should I replace? Does this matter?
Anyone else deal with this?
a bit late I know but......exactly the same thing happened to mine.
send an email, or better ring Beyer in US, or if they can't help,Germany.
They posted me two for free!
Superb servicepost #453 of 114111/4/13 at 7:03amQuote:Originally Posted by DigitalFreak
Quote:Originally Posted by viewtifuljon
Just ordered my pair today, could be in as early as Thursday. I can't wait!
When you get them really pay attention to fit and how they seal around your ears. If you don't have a good seal they'll sound tinny. The first day I had them i had issues because I hadn't figured out the proper positioning for optimal seal. When you finally get them feel free to come back and post your impressions.
Hi View, yes they do surely have a sweet spot. I found the way for me was to turn on the tv or whatever and fit the phones untill the background noise is minimalised in either ear with the phones being unpowered. When the background noise is minimalised turn on the power........and there you go. Thats the sweet spot, after a while the positionong becomes automatic.
Edited by Steve58 - 11/4/13 at 2:57pmpost #454 of 114111/4/13 at 8:01ampost #455 of 114111/5/13 at 9:58ampost #456 of 114111/7/13 at 1:41ampost #457 of 114111/7/13 at 4:43amQuote:
Hi Origin, I tried humming and it surely works! I had to wait till I was alone though:)
To demonstrate how well they do seal: When they are in the sweet spot, push both cans inward with one finger each, press them to the ears the bass will not inprove. They seal really well.
Edited by Steve58 - 11/7/13 at 4:44ampost #458 of 114111/7/13 at 2:32pmpost #459 of 114111/9/13 at 9:40pmpost #460 of 114111/11/13 at 3:06pmpost #461 of 114111/13/13 at 7:49am
Anyone see reduced prices on the dt1350 (non-facelift)? The lowest i've seen is $180 for the classic model... add $35 for the nubuck (mistranslated as velour, apparently) pads and i've got a facelift minus the coiled cable and revised headband padding.post #462 of 114111/16/13 at 6:54amQuote:
Was thinking that the 1350's "upgrade" has modified/bigger pads. Maybe ordering them as parts would be a solution, The headband cushion upgrade may also be available and they will both be a perfect retrofit. If anyone finds them a link would be cool.
Cheerspost #463 of 114111/17/13 at 6:04amQuote:
I wear glasses. There's a couple different things I can do to improve comfort. One is to actually rest your glasses above the cups rather than under them, if that makes sense. It might not work depending on what kind of glasses you have but for mine it works OK because of how small the 1350's cups are.
The other thing I've noticed improves comfort with glasses is to wear them further back on your ear as has been discussed in this thread. Like this:
It improves comfort when wearing glasses, and in general, and seals a little bit better that way.post #464 of 114111/21/13 at 5:39am
people gonna love this t51p....been comparing lately with my lovely DT1350...
My simple short impression:
Treble - DT1350 extends more, sounds a bit more crisp in comparison, but to me DT1350 still not a bright can. T51p is smoother, a bit more tamed down, but treble energy still there and never felt like loosing it. Both is accurate enough performing the note, but seems DT1350 is a tad more accurate to my ears, but t51p is very good as well.
MIDS - i started to like t51p more than my DT1350. Their sound seems like thicker, mellower, more lush with better bodied than DT1350. Listening to Jazz song..such a pleasant.
Bass - T51P extend better, more quantity, better impact and it goes deep when needed.
Sound staging - as supra aural cans - t51p is very good, i feel like is more spacious than dt1350, not much, but i can notice that - the sound is "bigger"
Detail / Clarity - DT1350 could be just a tad more detail due to the more extended highs, but detail on both is very nice, no problem at all catching up all details in sound.
So far, not sure which one to love more...but when amped, i might think the DT1350 can handle better than t51p, but not sure yet. still under my testing. Easier to say..i just love both, i think they complement each other alright.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 45 seconds ago
- › Back To Square One <$200 HP for Gaming/Classical 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 5 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 6 minutes ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 7 minutes ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Best DAC from $1500 to $2500 (or so) Can anything beat the Eastern... 9 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by areek
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › X-18 D2 - Sundown Audio 18" Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer by RockeyDA
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse