Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable closed full size headphones for beginner 250$ Last post on 9/19/12 at 3:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advise about on ear headphones Last post on 9/9/12 at 10:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- On ear or over ear headphone with good isolation in the sub $200 range? Last post on 9/7/12 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On-ear portables to replace Shure e5c in-ear monitors?? Last post on 9/28/11 at 2:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 7/29/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
I have owned the ECP Audio L-2 for about 2 months now. I also own an Eddie Current Super 7 with NOS tubes, including Tung Sol BGRP driver tube. I have previously owned the Woo WA22, the Luxman...
I'm a noob to high quality audio equipment. I have been using V-Moda M-80's. I bought these because they were onsale for $272, and it would be stupid not to buy them at that price. I just opened...
The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club - Page 31
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #452 of 46410/18/13 at 11:57amQuote:Originally Posted by attilahun
So I've been enjoying my 1350's for a couple years now.
They still amaze me with their well rounded, punchy sound.
I'm using them primarily when traveling with an ipod classic, lossless and an RSA portable amp.
Yesterday I noticed that one of the caps had fallen off a cup.
Oddly, the surface below had the same Beyer name embossed.
Is the outer cover merely cosmetic?
Does it affect sound?
It's applied with double sided sticky tape that is loosing it's stickiness, it won't stay on anymore.
Should I replace? Does this matter?
Anyone else deal with this?
a bit late I know but......exactly the same thing happened to mine.
send an email, or better ring Beyer in US, or if they can't help,Germany.
They posted me two for free!
Superb servicepost #453 of 46411/4/13 at 7:03amQuote:Originally Posted by DigitalFreak
Quote:Originally Posted by viewtifuljon
Just ordered my pair today, could be in as early as Thursday. I can't wait!
When you get them really pay attention to fit and how they seal around your ears. If you don't have a good seal they'll sound tinny. The first day I had them i had issues because I hadn't figured out the proper positioning for optimal seal. When you finally get them feel free to come back and post your impressions.
Hi View, yes they do surely have a sweet spot. I found the way for me was to turn on the tv or whatever and fit the phones untill the background noise is minimalised in either ear with the phones being unpowered. When the background noise is minimalised turn on the power........and there you go. Thats the sweet spot, after a while the positionong becomes automatic.
Edited by Steve58 - 11/4/13 at 2:57pmpost #454 of 46411/4/13 at 8:01ampost #455 of 46411/5/13 at 9:58ampost #456 of 46411/7/13 at 1:41ampost #457 of 46411/7/13 at 4:43amQuote:
Hi Origin, I tried humming and it surely works! I had to wait till I was alone though:)
To demonstrate how well they do seal: When they are in the sweet spot, push both cans inward with one finger each, press them to the ears the bass will not inprove. They seal really well.
Edited by Steve58 - 11/7/13 at 4:44ampost #458 of 46411/7/13 at 2:32pmpost #459 of 46411/9/13 at 9:40pmpost #460 of 46411/11/13 at 3:06pmpost #461 of 46411/13/13 at 7:49am
Anyone see reduced prices on the dt1350 (non-facelift)? The lowest i've seen is $180 for the classic model... add $35 for the nubuck (mistranslated as velour, apparently) pads and i've got a facelift minus the coiled cable and revised headband padding.post #462 of 46411/16/13 at 6:54amQuote:
Was thinking that the 1350's "upgrade" has modified/bigger pads. Maybe ordering them as parts would be a solution, The headband cushion upgrade may also be available and they will both be a perfect retrofit. If anyone finds them a link would be cool.
Cheerspost #463 of 46411/17/13 at 6:04amQuote:
I wear glasses. There's a couple different things I can do to improve comfort. One is to actually rest your glasses above the cups rather than under them, if that makes sense. It might not work depending on what kind of glasses you have but for mine it works OK because of how small the 1350's cups are.
The other thing I've noticed improves comfort with glasses is to wear them further back on your ear as has been discussed in this thread. Like this:
It improves comfort when wearing glasses, and in general, and seals a little bit better that way.post #464 of 46411/21/13 at 5:39am
people gonna love this t51p....been comparing lately with my lovely DT1350...
My simple short impression:
Treble - DT1350 extends more, sounds a bit more crisp in comparison, but to me DT1350 still not a bright can. T51p is smoother, a bit more tamed down, but treble energy still there and never felt like loosing it. Both is accurate enough performing the note, but seems DT1350 is a tad more accurate to my ears, but t51p is very good as well.
MIDS - i started to like t51p more than my DT1350. Their sound seems like thicker, mellower, more lush with better bodied than DT1350. Listening to Jazz song..such a pleasant.
Bass - T51P extend better, more quantity, better impact and it goes deep when needed.
Sound staging - as supra aural cans - t51p is very good, i feel like is more spacious than dt1350, not much, but i can notice that - the sound is "bigger"
Detail / Clarity - DT1350 could be just a tad more detail due to the more extended highs, but detail on both is very nice, no problem at all catching up all details in sound.
So far, not sure which one to love more...but when amped, i might think the DT1350 can handle better than t51p, but not sure yet. still under my testing. Easier to say..i just love both, i think they complement each other alright.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 seconds ago
- › Help me pick the ideal IEM for Metal/Prog! 5 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 53 seconds ago
- › Budget Headphones - Help please! 1 minute ago
- › ***Violectric V200/v800 ( amp and DAC deal)- shipped within US at... 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 2 minutes ago
- › Seattle Sunday New Year Meet 01/05/14 2 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-300 mod removes the dark sound 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... by Wilderbeast
- › Sony MDRXB600 Extra Bass Over the Head 40mm Driver Headphone, Black by Shini44
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe