Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club - Page 29

post #421 of 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

Does the wind noise happen even when there's no wind? I've had wind noise issue with another iem, but it didn't bother me too much.

Hmm there's no problem without wind.

Ah btw, the 7550 is kinda loose for me... have to pull the cable fixture frequently to keep it in place while walking dogs.

post #422 of 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikescchen View Post

Hmm there's no problem without wind.

Ah btw, the 7550 is kinda loose for me... have to pull the cable fixture frequently to keep it in place while walking dogs.

Ok. That's good.

 

What do you mean you need to pull the cable fixture? I'm a bit confused.

post #423 of 790
Hi all. I have narrowed my search down to the DT 1350's. I was looking on Amazon and they have a DT 1350-80 listed and a DT 1350. Is there a difference between the two? Would the 80 be the upgraded earpads and headband that have been mentioned in the past few pages on this thread? Thx.
post #424 of 790

They're both the same there's just two listings for some reason. Neither are the new facelift version.

post #425 of 790

Try www.razordogaudio.com

 

I got the new DT 1350CC version from this source.

 

Tell him your a headfi member.

 

You can make an offer etc...he has an Ebay store as well.

 

I am listening to mine right now!

 

A.

post #426 of 790
Ordered the new DT 1350's the other night from razordogaudio and they were in the mail by 9:00am the next morning. Monday can't get here quick enough :-P
Edited by TunnelVision - 8/17/13 at 8:51am
post #427 of 790

Got mine from razordogaudio!  Loving the sound!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #428 of 790

i have faced the same problem recently,i design two metal parts to replace the broken plastic parts,they will be finished some days after,if this measure are effective,i will post the design drawing and the way how to repair it

post #429 of 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Zhang View Post

i have faced the same problem recently,i design two metal parts to replace the broken plastic parts,they will be finished some days after,if this measure are effective,i will post the design drawing and the way how to repair it



Wow. Great!  Looking forward to your photos, sir!

post #430 of 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3llv3xit View Post



Wow. Great!  Looking forward to your photos, sir!

 

good news!i already repaired my dt1350 successfully.i design two parts like below,one is a screw,another is a nut.

with these two diy parts you can also repair yours.you can sent the design drawings to the factory that have numerical control machine to make the parts,you can choose the material such as aluminium or steel to process the parts.

when the diy parts are finished,they may look like this

then you need do something with thoes parts

find anyting diffence between them?the right side is the original shape,all you need do is make the square groove fit the diy part.

 

cut off the axle

glue them toghter with AB glue,but i'm not sure how strength the glue is,if you know other glue is better than the AB glue,you can try it.

assemble all the parts toghter.

wish you can repair yours and enjoy the fun of diy!

post #431 of 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Zhang View Post

 

good news!i already repaired my dt1350 successfully.i design two parts like below,one is a screw,another is a nut.

with these two diy parts you can also repair yours.you can sent the design drawings to the factory that have numerical control machine to make the parts,you can choose the material such as aluminium or steel to process the parts.

when the diy parts are finished,they may look like this

then you need do something with thoes parts

find anyting diffence between them?the right side is the original shape,all you need do is make the square groove fit the diy part.

 

cut off the axle

glue them toghter with AB glue,but i'm not sure how strength the glue is,if you know other glue is better than the AB glue,you can try it.

assemble all the parts toghter.

wish you can repair yours and enjoy the fun of diy!



Wow.  I see a business opportunity looming, sir!

post #432 of 790

Just got a DT-1350 from NCIX (on sale $219 CDN + $35 s/h/tax), pleased to join the club!

 

 

(btw looking for dac/amp suggestion, thinking about diying one.)

post #433 of 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawmare View Post
 

Just got a DT-1350 from NCIX (on sale $219 CDN + $35 s/h/tax), pleased to join the club!

 

 

(btw looking for dac/amp suggestion, thinking about diying one.)

 

Portable or desktop?  

 

I listen to mine vie an Audinst HUD-mx1.

 

Surprisingly, I think they sound better on this than with my Music Streamer II/Asgard combo.

post #434 of 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawmare View Post
 

Just got a DT-1350 from NCIX (on sale $219 CDN + $35 s/h/tax), pleased to join the club!

 

 

(btw looking for dac/amp suggestion, thinking about diying one.)

 

The Bottlehead Crack is an awesome option as far as DIY'ing goes but IDK if its the best match for something as easy to drive as the 1350. It pairs best with high impedance cans. I plan on building one myself soon.

 

http://www.bottlehead.com/store.php/products/crack-otl-headphone-amplifier-kit

 

Or if you want a portable amp instead, there are tons of options out there. If you want a desktop setup but something that is a lot smaller than the Crack, I think the Lake People G103 is an awesome amp for the price. Or the O2.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline315 View Post

 

Portable or desktop?  

 

I listen to mine vie an Audinst HUD-mx1.

 

Surprisingly, I think they sound better on this than with my Music Streamer II/Asgard combo.

 

That's interesting indeed. What about it sounds worse on the MS2/Asgard? I'm thinking maybe Schiit amps' tendencies to be somewhat bright might not mix well with the 1350s. I've got the MS2 and MS2+ and they do seem slightly different. The MS2 has a slight bit of grain and coloration in the mids but its very slight and the MS2 is still pretty great for the price IMO.

post #435 of 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawmare View Post
 

Just got a DT-1350 from NCIX (on sale $219 CDN + $35 s/h/tax), pleased to join the club!

 

 

(btw looking for dac/amp suggestion, thinking about diying one.)

 

Welcome to the club! I've been using my pair every single day for a year and a half...would be lost without them. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club