Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club - Page 16

post #226 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

 

Some people do have problems with it...you can very gently stretch the headband a little, but otherwise it will become a little less clampy over time. 

 

And the earpads will soften up.  I think that's the #1 thing that has helped with comfort over time.  Comfort started off as a problem, but has really become a non-issue.  I was worried about this since my Grado's never stopped hurting my ears regardless of how soft the foam pads became.

post #227 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline315 View Post

 

And the earpads will soften up.  I think that's the #1 thing that has helped with comfort over time.  Comfort started off as a problem, but has really become a non-issue.  I was worried about this since my Grado's never stopped hurting my ears regardless of how soft the foam pads became.

 

I love the earpads on these things...my ears never get hot at all. They stay nice and cool. I can't stand it when I have headphones that feel like someone is holding heaters on my head like what happened with the Sennheiser 518s. AFter like ten or fifteen mins they just got to the point where I was nearly sweating....I hated that feeling. 

post #228 of 800
I am loving mine.Using an ALO National. Just fine without an amp plugged to an iphone or ipad but the amp provides a little more punch. I listen to all genres and the bass is there. Solid and not overpowering.
post #229 of 800

Hey guys,

 

I know this a really unfair comparison, but how much difference in sound is there between the DT1350 and the T5p? I listen primarily to heavy metal and rock, will the T5p be a LOT more enjoyable for those genres than the T5p? I'm debating if I want on-ear or over-ear at the moment.

post #230 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmettMark View Post

Hey guys,

 

I know this a really unfair comparison, but how much difference in sound is there between the DT1350 and the T5p? I listen primarily to heavy metal and rock, will the T5p be a LOT more enjoyable for those genres than the T5p? I'm debating if I want on-ear or over-ear at the moment.

If it is music enjoyment on the GO and for transportable reasons the DT-1350 is all you need! I enjoy listening to music on the DT-1350 just as much as I do listening through the T5p. The T5p stays at home and the DT-1350 is always in my bag and comes with me to the office. The biggest difference to me is how well they scale up with better sources+amps. The DT-1350 does become better with better amplification but the T5p is more transperrant and will show a big difference between iPhone HP-out and if you add an amplifier in between. 

 

The signature in the two is not far from eachother. The DT-1350 has a more boomy bass and smaller soundstage. When it comes to wearing comfort the T5p is the best Beyerdynamic has at the moment - if you like soft leather pads compared to the T1 microfiber. 

post #231 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasmushorn View Post

The biggest difference to me is how well they scale up with better sources+amps.

I've found that true to an extent.  I LOVE my 1350s with my Audinst HUD-mx1.

 

That said, from my experience so far they are a pretty bad match with the Schiit Asgard.  The synergy between the two just feels off in more ways than one.  Sucked out mids, lack of energy, etc.  It sounds passable, but only when you really crank the volume.

 

I wonder if there's something in the specs between the amp and headphones that could have prediced a poor match between the two. 

post #232 of 800

I just pulled the trigger on these. $265.99 on Amazon...$268.67 for Prime shipping.

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004QMH8KI/

post #233 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasmushorn View Post

If it is music enjoyment on the GO and for transportable reasons the DT-1350 is all you need! I enjoy listening to music on the DT-1350 just as much as I do listening through the T5p. The T5p stays at home and the DT-1350 is always in my bag and comes with me to the office. The biggest difference to me is how well they scale up with better sources+amps. The DT-1350 does become better with better amplification but the T5p is more transperrant and will show a big difference between iPhone HP-out and if you add an amplifier in between. 

The signature in the two is not far from eachother. The DT-1350 has a more boomy bass and smaller soundstage. When it comes to wearing comfort the T5p is the best Beyerdynamic has at the moment - if you like soft leather pads compared to the T1 microfiber. 

Do you think the boomier bass and more close-up sound of the DT-1350 (because of less soundstage) makes it more enjoyable for rock/heavy metal, or does the resolution, clarity, and refinement of the T5p make it more enjoyable for those genres? Overall, without counting the size difference between the two, which do you find more more enjoyable for rock/heavy metal?
Edited by SmettMark - 11/12/12 at 6:53am
post #234 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmettMark View Post


Do you think the boomier bass and more close-up sound of the DT-1350 (because of less soundstage) makes it more enjoyable for rock/heavy metal, or does the resolution, clarity, and refinement of the T5p make it more enjoyable for those genres? Overall, without counting the size difference between the two, which do you find more more enjoyable for rock/heavy metal?

I rarely listen to rock/metal. According to some users the T5p does not have enough bass impact to satisfy them. For me it has plenty. I like how I can feel the bass impact in the headphones - liek with the T1. Also the resolution is better with T5p. When listening with DT-1350 I do not miss anything though. When listening to T5p voices are "floating in the air" and it is only surrounded by AIR where with DT-1350 everything is not seperated the same way. This is only heard when A/B comparing them. If I only had the DT-1350 I would enjoy them just as much. 

 

Now I do not know what you are looking for? Are you looking for excuses NOT to buy T5p and stay with the DT-1350 (this is the DT-1350 fan-club) or are you looking for excuses to upgrade to T5p? I can give you plenty reasons to opt for both decisions normal_smile%20.gif

post #235 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasmushorn View Post

I rarely listen to rock/metal. According to some users the T5p does not have enough bass impact to satisfy them. For me it has plenty. I like how I can feel the bass impact in the headphones - liek with the T1. Also the resolution is better with T5p. When listening with DT-1350 I do not miss anything though. When listening to T5p voices are "floating in the air" and it is only surrounded by AIR where with DT-1350 everything is not seperated the same way. This is only heard when A/B comparing them. If I only had the DT-1350 I would enjoy them just as much. 

 

Now I do not know what you are looking for? Are you looking for excuses NOT to buy T5p and stay with the DT-1350 (this is the DT-1350 fan-club) or are you looking for excuses to upgrade to T5p? I can give you plenty reasons to opt for both decisions normal_smile%20.gif

well... If there is a small difference between the two, I would rather go with the dt1350, but if there's a big difference in sound between the two, I am willing to get the T5p. I just want to know how much of a difference were talking here.

post #236 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmettMark View Post

well... If there is a small difference between the two, I would rather go with the dt1350, but if there's a big difference in sound between the two, I am willing to get the T5p. I just want to know how much of a difference were talking here.

That is very difficult to answer in a world where everything is relative. But you probably already know that you have to pay double price for the extra 5%. There is a big difference between T5p and DT-1350 if you ask me. Depending on your sources and amplifiers you will get more sound value from a T5p if your existing gear is at the same or better level. If you have a chance you should try the T5p and give it a listen first. 

post #237 of 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasmushorn View Post

That is very difficult to answer in a world where everything is relative. But you probably already know that you have to pay double price for the extra 5%. There is a big difference between T5p and DT-1350 if you ask me. Depending on your sources and amplifiers you will get more sound value from a T5p if your existing gear is at the same or better level. If you have a chance you should try the T5p and give it a listen first. 

Yeah, I'll try to test them out before buying. Do you have any other recommendations for closed headphones for rock/metal, perhaps one that might suit me better than the beyers?

post #238 of 800

Just added the DT1350's to my collection.  These cans are stellar and I'm happy to be a fan!

 

 

My full decision making process, post#179

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/632255/portable-iem-recommendations-thread-i-e-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here-please-read-op/165#post_8863970

post #239 of 800
DT1350 + Bottlehead Crack + Wyred4Sound UDac + Pandora = BEAUTIFUL SYNERGY!smily_headphones1.gif
post #240 of 800

I just had a listen to these for the first time last night at B&H, and I'm sold, I find my Amperiors to be too bright at times and I also prefer the vocals on the DT-1350 so add me to the club.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club