Never tried the Bose but I own a pair of Klipsch and they sound very good, the sound is very detailed. I like to use EQ in my office's computer (where I keep the Klipch) and I can wear them for hours without problems. They are light and good looking, come with 6.3 and airplane adapters all inside a semi-hard case. The only con is that they are kind of fragile, I damaged the 3.5mm plug and had to replace it, in the process I lost the mic function but I don't use it anyway. I've read that there are some falsifications, so maybe the Image One II is a safer bet now.
Related Forum Threads
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over/on-ear headphones for iPhone? Last post on 11/4/12 at 11:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Over-Ear Headphones for Everyday Use Last post on 10/1/12 at 12:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
This is my first really good quality Digital Audio Player. I have used a range of Audiophile headphones on it. If you're used to digital Sony Walkmans of days gone by you will recognize the simple,...
My favorite pair of headphones, and considering I own the Sennheiser HD598s, that is saying something. They look fantastic, very stylish indeed, they are extremely comfortable, infact the ear pads...
These are okay headphones if you can get them for a cheap price (sub £90 ) but probably aren't worth any more than that. Their build quality is solid, despite all the plastic used, and they can be...
Klipsch Image One - Opinions? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 492/25/14 at 10:32am
imho the klipsch i1 are a bit underrated in these parts. they're definitely not competitive with the >$200 audiophile-grade sennheiser/grado cans, nor do they aspire to uncolored, crystalline accuracy, but for what they are-- easy-to-drive, consumer-oriented phones for people who like loud music--i think they're very good. compared to the their mass-market peers--beats solo, bose, sony, urbanears, marshall, etc.--they have surprisingly detailed highs to go with the big bottom end+at the current street price (around $50) a real bargain. very comfortable as well.post #48 of 492/25/14 at 11:21ampost #49 of 497/4/14 at 2:15amImage One is light on the head and is fairly comfortable but because is over the ear, it is quite hot on your ears if you wear it over an hour especially on a hot and humid day. The sound is pretty good if you like a heavier bass but is not overpowering so overall it's quite balanced. I really enjoyed listening to music where there is lone drum beats, you can feel the deep vibrations of the drum.
But I must say I had bad experience with Image One Bluetooth version which I once owned. The bluetooth is a big let down. The set that I had lasted me for only 2 months before the bluetooth died on me and I had it exchanged (thanks to the 2 years warranty) for a new set but to my horror again the bluetooth died after a week! Eventually, I gave up with bluetooth and accepted the offer from Klipsch Agent to exchange this time with their latest Status headphone that is not bluetooth.
So if you intend to get a Image One headphone go for the wired set. Personally, I think there is certainly a problem with the bluetooth functionality and I suspect that it might be the reason why Klipsch discontinued with this model.
- Klipsch Image One - Opinions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 1 minute ago
- › Hidizs AP60 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D2000 5 minutes ago
- › Tennmak 5 minutes ago
- › Philadelphia Area Meet, January 29, 2017 - NO Football that weekend! 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 7 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 9 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 9 minutes ago
- › How will a pair of Sennheiser HD800 driven by Cambridge CXA60 sound? 10 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear