Never tried the Bose but I own a pair of Klipsch and they sound very good, the sound is very detailed. I like to use EQ in my office's computer (where I keep the Klipch) and I can wear them for hours without problems. They are light and good looking, come with 6.3 and airplane adapters all inside a semi-hard case. The only con is that they are kind of fragile, I damaged the 3.5mm plug and had to replace it, in the process I lost the mic function but I don't use it anyway. I've read that there are some falsifications, so maybe the Image One II is a safer bet now.
Related Forum Threads
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over/on-ear headphones for iPhone? Last post on 11/4/12 at 11:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Over-Ear Headphones for Everyday Use Last post on 10/1/12 at 12:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
Klipsch Image One - Opinions? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 492/25/14 at 10:32am
imho the klipsch i1 are a bit underrated in these parts. they're definitely not competitive with the >$200 audiophile-grade sennheiser/grado cans, nor do they aspire to uncolored, crystalline accuracy, but for what they are-- easy-to-drive, consumer-oriented phones for people who like loud music--i think they're very good. compared to the their mass-market peers--beats solo, bose, sony, urbanears, marshall, etc.--they have surprisingly detailed highs to go with the big bottom end+at the current street price (around $50) a real bargain. very comfortable as well.post #48 of 492/25/14 at 11:21ampost #49 of 497/4/14 at 2:15amImage One is light on the head and is fairly comfortable but because is over the ear, it is quite hot on your ears if you wear it over an hour especially on a hot and humid day. The sound is pretty good if you like a heavier bass but is not overpowering so overall it's quite balanced. I really enjoyed listening to music where there is lone drum beats, you can feel the deep vibrations of the drum.
But I must say I had bad experience with Image One Bluetooth version which I once owned. The bluetooth is a big let down. The set that I had lasted me for only 2 months before the bluetooth died on me and I had it exchanged (thanks to the 2 years warranty) for a new set but to my horror again the bluetooth died after a week! Eventually, I gave up with bluetooth and accepted the offer from Klipsch Agent to exchange this time with their latest Status headphone that is not bluetooth.
So if you intend to get a Image One headphone go for the wired set. Personally, I think there is certainly a problem with the bluetooth functionality and I suspect that it might be the reason why Klipsch discontinued with this model.
- Klipsch Image One - Opinions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 29 seconds ago
- › Multichannel Music 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 4 minutes ago
- › Destiny 6 minutes ago
- › DT 880 vs. DT 990 for classical music 6 minutes ago
- › Getting virtual surround sound with my DT 990 8 minutes ago
- › Absolutely floored by my new amp - RSA Raptor w/ Tube Rolling... 9 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)