Never tried the Bose but I own a pair of Klipsch and they sound very good, the sound is very detailed. I like to use EQ in my office's computer (where I keep the Klipch) and I can wear them for hours without problems. They are light and good looking, come with 6.3 and airplane adapters all inside a semi-hard case. The only con is that they are kind of fragile, I damaged the 3.5mm plug and had to replace it, in the process I lost the mic function but I don't use it anyway. I've read that there are some falsifications, so maybe the Image One II is a safer bet now.
Related Forum Threads
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over/on-ear headphones for iPhone? Last post on 11/4/12 at 11:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Over-Ear Headphones for Everyday Use Last post on 10/1/12 at 12:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I owned two PA2V2 and while it's good value amp, it had far too many flaws to my liking. Gary however provided excellent customer support throughout the whole time. Ended up with O2 and I'm...
I've done a lot of A-B comparing and the Schiit Wyrd absolutely improves my sound quality. Without it, the music sounds more distant, less expansive, less clear and also a bit softer volume. A...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
Klipsch Image One - Opinions? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 492/25/14 at 10:32am
imho the klipsch i1 are a bit underrated in these parts. they're definitely not competitive with the >$200 audiophile-grade sennheiser/grado cans, nor do they aspire to uncolored, crystalline accuracy, but for what they are-- easy-to-drive, consumer-oriented phones for people who like loud music--i think they're very good. compared to the their mass-market peers--beats solo, bose, sony, urbanears, marshall, etc.--they have surprisingly detailed highs to go with the big bottom end+at the current street price (around $50) a real bargain. very comfortable as well.post #48 of 492/25/14 at 11:21ampost #49 of 497/4/14 at 2:15amImage One is light on the head and is fairly comfortable but because is over the ear, it is quite hot on your ears if you wear it over an hour especially on a hot and humid day. The sound is pretty good if you like a heavier bass but is not overpowering so overall it's quite balanced. I really enjoyed listening to music where there is lone drum beats, you can feel the deep vibrations of the drum.
But I must say I had bad experience with Image One Bluetooth version which I once owned. The bluetooth is a big let down. The set that I had lasted me for only 2 months before the bluetooth died on me and I had it exchanged (thanks to the 2 years warranty) for a new set but to my horror again the bluetooth died after a week! Eventually, I gave up with bluetooth and accepted the offer from Klipsch Agent to exchange this time with their latest Status headphone that is not bluetooth.
So if you intend to get a Image One headphone go for the wired set. Personally, I think there is certainly a problem with the bluetooth functionality and I suspect that it might be the reason why Klipsch discontinued with this model.
- Klipsch Image One - Opinions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 7 seconds ago
- › AKG K500 appreciation thread: K500 owners – UNITE! 15 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 17 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 5 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 6 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 8 minutes ago
- › Southeastern Michigan Head-Fi Fall Meet - Detroit / Royal Oak /... 8 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 minutes ago
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2