Never tried the Bose but I own a pair of Klipsch and they sound very good, the sound is very detailed. I like to use EQ in my office's computer (where I keep the Klipch) and I can wear them for hours without problems. They are light and good looking, come with 6.3 and airplane adapters all inside a semi-hard case. The only con is that they are kind of fragile, I damaged the 3.5mm plug and had to replace it, in the process I lost the mic function but I don't use it anyway. I've read that there are some falsifications, so maybe the Image One II is a safer bet now.
Related Forum Threads
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over/on-ear headphones for iPhone? Last post on 11/4/12 at 11:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Over-Ear Headphones for Everyday Use Last post on 10/1/12 at 12:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was looking for an excellent universal IEM with multiple drivers to fit my portable listening needs. Ideally, I would have my beloved LCD-2's in a portable package. I have become addicted to the...
First I’d like to thank Rock Jaw for sending me the Alfa Genus for review. If you haven’t heard of Rock Jaw before, I don’t blame you. They are a rather new company that recently came out with a...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images PREAMBLE Brainwavz is a now well established manufacturer of headphones in the value for money...
I bought these headphones a little over a week ago, and thought I should post my impressions. I work in a small office, and sit close to my boss, who is constantly on the phone, so I wanted a...
This is a work in progress, everytime I listen to them with a different source, there's always something new emerging and changing the overall perspective someway. Sources used: Macbook Pro,...
Klipsch Image One - Opinions? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 492/25/14 at 10:32am
imho the klipsch i1 are a bit underrated in these parts. they're definitely not competitive with the >$200 audiophile-grade sennheiser/grado cans, nor do they aspire to uncolored, crystalline accuracy, but for what they are-- easy-to-drive, consumer-oriented phones for people who like loud music--i think they're very good. compared to the their mass-market peers--beats solo, bose, sony, urbanears, marshall, etc.--they have surprisingly detailed highs to go with the big bottom end+at the current street price (around $50) a real bargain. very comfortable as well.post #48 of 492/25/14 at 11:21ampost #49 of 497/4/14 at 2:15amImage One is light on the head and is fairly comfortable but because is over the ear, it is quite hot on your ears if you wear it over an hour especially on a hot and humid day. The sound is pretty good if you like a heavier bass but is not overpowering so overall it's quite balanced. I really enjoyed listening to music where there is lone drum beats, you can feel the deep vibrations of the drum.
But I must say I had bad experience with Image One Bluetooth version which I once owned. The bluetooth is a big let down. The set that I had lasted me for only 2 months before the bluetooth died on me and I had it exchanged (thanks to the 2 years warranty) for a new set but to my horror again the bluetooth died after a week! Eventually, I gave up with bluetooth and accepted the offer from Klipsch Agent to exchange this time with their latest Status headphone that is not bluetooth.
So if you intend to get a Image One headphone go for the wired set. Personally, I think there is certainly a problem with the bluetooth functionality and I suspect that it might be the reason why Klipsch discontinued with this model.
- Klipsch Image One - Opinions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 18 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 48 seconds ago
- › which is best headphone for bass and amazing sound stage and sq 58 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 59 seconds ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 1 minute ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › PM-1 vs HE-6 ..... 3 minutes ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by lin0003
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Brooko
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)