Deciding whether to get these or Bose AE2's. Im aware that there is a lot of hatred for bose on head fi but the thing that really appeals for me is there comfort. Opinions on Klipsch Image One or Bose? Thanks in advance for the help :)
Related Forum Threads
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over/on-ear headphones for iPhone? Last post on 11/4/12 at 11:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Over-Ear Headphones for Everyday Use Last post on 10/1/12 at 12:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Klipsch Image One - Opinions?post #1 of 497/23/11 at 5:57amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 497/23/11 at 7:21am
The one thing the Bose did with this new series is back way off in the bass department. The AE2 is a fairly smooth headphone but it's major weakness is in the mids. Very recessed. They are VERY comfortable though.
The Klipsch isn't quite as comfortable for long wear, but they are much stronger through the mid range. The bass is pretty overpowering however and does bleed over excessively. If you're a fan of EQ then the Bose can be tweaked into decent sound. You gotta really bring the mids forward. I actually prefer my AE2's over my Image One's. Didn't think I would, but once I found settings for both the Bose are just a smoother headphone.post #3 of 497/23/11 at 7:31amThread Starterpost #4 of 497/23/11 at 8:02am
The Klipsch Image ONE offers fairly wide soundstage and easy to turn up volume(higher sensetivity). The mids are great with good highs and overall soundsignature is dynamic. It's isolate outside noise more than AE2 and more bass helps to enjoy music even in noisy envoirement. I will recommend these over AE2 for everyday use.
Edited by ZARIM - 7/23/11 at 8:06ampost #5 of 497/23/11 at 8:04amThread Starterpost #6 of 498/18/11 at 9:23ampost #7 of 498/18/11 at 10:17am
I've demoed them with bassy songs and heard absolutely no bass whatsoever. I did appreciate its mids, highs, and soundstage though. For the price, I think the M50s would be a better pick.post #8 of 498/18/11 at 12:31pmpost #9 of 498/18/11 at 12:35pmpost #10 of 498/18/11 at 2:45pmpost #11 of 498/18/11 at 6:45pmpost #12 of 498/18/11 at 7:24pmpost #13 of 498/19/11 at 12:32amQuote:
Wow, even worse than the usual Bose? Hah, nice.
But to be constructive... I'd try for something like the Shure srh440, my favorite AKG K272HD or HD25-1 even (though not very comfy). Many good closed portables out there in the same price range to kick bottom.post #14 of 498/19/11 at 6:20pm
That was a bit harsh, I do remember hearing some sort of midrange in there but it was hard to hear through the epic bass farting. It's clearly not designed for the audiophile market, it's designed to sit and look purdy at the Apple store and wow people with hugemongous bass farts.post #15 of 498/20/11 at 12:11amQuote:Originally Posted by rhythmdevils
That was a bit harsh, I do remember hearing some sort of midrange in there but it was hard to hear through the epic bass farting. It's clearly not designed for the audiophile market, it's designed to sit and look purdy at the Apple store and wow people with hugemongous bass farts.
Well, now when you say it like that, it's not only less harsh, but downright poetic
- Klipsch Image One - Opinions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › Elekit TU-8200 DX Headphone/Speaker Amp Review 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 5 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Sunday, August 30, 2015) - part of CanMania @... 6 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 6 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 6 minutes ago
- › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Megatron electrostatic with boutique parts, extra tubes 6 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › RHA T20 by LFC_SL
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)