Deciding whether to get these or Bose AE2's. Im aware that there is a lot of hatred for bose on head fi but the thing that really appeals for me is there comfort. Opinions on Klipsch Image One or Bose? Thanks in advance for the help :)
Related Forum Threads
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over/on-ear headphones for iPhone? Last post on 11/4/12 at 11:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Over-Ear Headphones for Everyday Use Last post on 10/1/12 at 12:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
Klipsch Image One - Opinions?post #1 of 497/23/11 at 5:57amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 497/23/11 at 7:21am
The one thing the Bose did with this new series is back way off in the bass department. The AE2 is a fairly smooth headphone but it's major weakness is in the mids. Very recessed. They are VERY comfortable though.
The Klipsch isn't quite as comfortable for long wear, but they are much stronger through the mid range. The bass is pretty overpowering however and does bleed over excessively. If you're a fan of EQ then the Bose can be tweaked into decent sound. You gotta really bring the mids forward. I actually prefer my AE2's over my Image One's. Didn't think I would, but once I found settings for both the Bose are just a smoother headphone.post #3 of 497/23/11 at 7:31amThread Starterpost #4 of 497/23/11 at 8:02am
The Klipsch Image ONE offers fairly wide soundstage and easy to turn up volume(higher sensetivity). The mids are great with good highs and overall soundsignature is dynamic. It's isolate outside noise more than AE2 and more bass helps to enjoy music even in noisy envoirement. I will recommend these over AE2 for everyday use.
Edited by ZARIM - 7/23/11 at 8:06ampost #5 of 497/23/11 at 8:04amThread Starterpost #6 of 498/18/11 at 9:23ampost #7 of 498/18/11 at 10:17am
I've demoed them with bassy songs and heard absolutely no bass whatsoever. I did appreciate its mids, highs, and soundstage though. For the price, I think the M50s would be a better pick.post #8 of 498/18/11 at 12:31pmpost #9 of 498/18/11 at 12:35pmpost #10 of 498/18/11 at 2:45pmpost #11 of 498/18/11 at 6:45pmpost #12 of 498/18/11 at 7:24pmpost #13 of 498/19/11 at 12:32amQuote:
Wow, even worse than the usual Bose? Hah, nice.
But to be constructive... I'd try for something like the Shure srh440, my favorite AKG K272HD or HD25-1 even (though not very comfy). Many good closed portables out there in the same price range to kick bottom.post #14 of 498/19/11 at 6:20pm
That was a bit harsh, I do remember hearing some sort of midrange in there but it was hard to hear through the epic bass farting. It's clearly not designed for the audiophile market, it's designed to sit and look purdy at the Apple store and wow people with hugemongous bass farts.post #15 of 498/20/11 at 12:11amQuote:Originally Posted by rhythmdevils
That was a bit harsh, I do remember hearing some sort of midrange in there but it was hard to hear through the epic bass farting. It's clearly not designed for the audiophile market, it's designed to sit and look purdy at the Apple store and wow people with hugemongous bass farts.
Well, now when you say it like that, it's not only less harsh, but downright poetic
- Klipsch Image One - Opinions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps 23 seconds ago
- › Topping VX1... anybody try it yet? 1 minute ago
- › Best amp for Beyerdynamic T1 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of your speaker setup! 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi and Magni comparison to Bifrost and Asgard 3 minutes ago
- › New Grace Design m920 DAC/amp with DSD decoding 3 minutes ago
- › Why would 24 bit / 192 khz flac sound any better than 16 bit / 44.1... 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)