Deciding whether to get these or Bose AE2's. Im aware that there is a lot of hatred for bose on head fi but the thing that really appeals for me is there comfort. Opinions on Klipsch Image One or Bose? Thanks in advance for the help :)
Related Forum Threads
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over/on-ear headphones for iPhone? Last post on 11/4/12 at 11:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Over-Ear Headphones for Everyday Use Last post on 10/1/12 at 12:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
Klipsch Image One - Opinions?post #1 of 497/23/11 at 5:57amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 497/23/11 at 7:21am
The one thing the Bose did with this new series is back way off in the bass department. The AE2 is a fairly smooth headphone but it's major weakness is in the mids. Very recessed. They are VERY comfortable though.
The Klipsch isn't quite as comfortable for long wear, but they are much stronger through the mid range. The bass is pretty overpowering however and does bleed over excessively. If you're a fan of EQ then the Bose can be tweaked into decent sound. You gotta really bring the mids forward. I actually prefer my AE2's over my Image One's. Didn't think I would, but once I found settings for both the Bose are just a smoother headphone.post #3 of 497/23/11 at 7:31amThread Starterpost #4 of 497/23/11 at 8:02am
The Klipsch Image ONE offers fairly wide soundstage and easy to turn up volume(higher sensetivity). The mids are great with good highs and overall soundsignature is dynamic. It's isolate outside noise more than AE2 and more bass helps to enjoy music even in noisy envoirement. I will recommend these over AE2 for everyday use.
Edited by ZARIM - 7/23/11 at 8:06ampost #5 of 497/23/11 at 8:04amThread Starterpost #6 of 498/18/11 at 9:23ampost #7 of 498/18/11 at 10:17am
I've demoed them with bassy songs and heard absolutely no bass whatsoever. I did appreciate its mids, highs, and soundstage though. For the price, I think the M50s would be a better pick.post #8 of 498/18/11 at 12:31pmpost #9 of 498/18/11 at 12:35pmpost #10 of 498/18/11 at 2:45pmpost #11 of 498/18/11 at 6:45pmpost #12 of 498/18/11 at 7:24pmpost #13 of 498/19/11 at 12:32amQuote:
Wow, even worse than the usual Bose? Hah, nice.
But to be constructive... I'd try for something like the Shure srh440, my favorite AKG K272HD or HD25-1 even (though not very comfy). Many good closed portables out there in the same price range to kick bottom.post #14 of 498/19/11 at 6:20pm
That was a bit harsh, I do remember hearing some sort of midrange in there but it was hard to hear through the epic bass farting. It's clearly not designed for the audiophile market, it's designed to sit and look purdy at the Apple store and wow people with hugemongous bass farts.post #15 of 498/20/11 at 12:11amQuote:Originally Posted by rhythmdevils
That was a bit harsh, I do remember hearing some sort of midrange in there but it was hard to hear through the epic bass farting. It's clearly not designed for the audiophile market, it's designed to sit and look purdy at the Apple store and wow people with hugemongous bass farts.
Well, now when you say it like that, it's not only less harsh, but downright poetic
- Klipsch Image One - Opinions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 11 seconds ago
- › I hear no difference. What am I doing wrong? 56 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 2 minutes ago
- › Buying my first audiophile grade headphones need some help please :) 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Germanium's Sound blaster ZXR mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)