Deciding whether to get these or Bose AE2's. Im aware that there is a lot of hatred for bose on head fi but the thing that really appeals for me is there comfort. Opinions on Klipsch Image One or Bose? Thanks in advance for the help :)
Related Forum Threads
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over/on-ear headphones for iPhone? Last post on 11/4/12 at 11:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Over-Ear Headphones for Everyday Use Last post on 10/1/12 at 12:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is my first review. Honestly I am quite new to head-fi although I have tried and bought and sold a lot of headphones and earphones lately. I bought a pair of MA750 a week ago for 108USD in...
My reviews are usually long winded and detailed, but in this review im keeping things short as this is not a high-end product by any means. I have had the Sansa Clip since June of last year, and...
In my humble opinion the Sennheiser HD600 is by far one of the best sounding dynamic headphones on the market period hopefully you'll agree with me at the end of this...
This review is for the Ubsound Fighters, let me introduce myself before I get started. My name is Adam I am 38 years old and have been into audio equipment since I was in high school. In the past 2...
Klipsch Image One - Opinions?post #1 of 497/23/11 at 5:57amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 497/23/11 at 7:21am
The one thing the Bose did with this new series is back way off in the bass department. The AE2 is a fairly smooth headphone but it's major weakness is in the mids. Very recessed. They are VERY comfortable though.
The Klipsch isn't quite as comfortable for long wear, but they are much stronger through the mid range. The bass is pretty overpowering however and does bleed over excessively. If you're a fan of EQ then the Bose can be tweaked into decent sound. You gotta really bring the mids forward. I actually prefer my AE2's over my Image One's. Didn't think I would, but once I found settings for both the Bose are just a smoother headphone.post #3 of 497/23/11 at 7:31amThread Starterpost #4 of 497/23/11 at 8:02am
The Klipsch Image ONE offers fairly wide soundstage and easy to turn up volume(higher sensetivity). The mids are great with good highs and overall soundsignature is dynamic. It's isolate outside noise more than AE2 and more bass helps to enjoy music even in noisy envoirement. I will recommend these over AE2 for everyday use.
Edited by ZARIM - 7/23/11 at 8:06ampost #5 of 497/23/11 at 8:04amThread Starterpost #6 of 498/18/11 at 9:23ampost #7 of 498/18/11 at 10:17am
I've demoed them with bassy songs and heard absolutely no bass whatsoever. I did appreciate its mids, highs, and soundstage though. For the price, I think the M50s would be a better pick.post #8 of 498/18/11 at 12:31pmpost #9 of 498/18/11 at 12:35pmpost #10 of 498/18/11 at 2:45pmpost #11 of 498/18/11 at 6:45pmpost #12 of 498/18/11 at 7:24pmpost #13 of 498/19/11 at 12:32amQuote:
Wow, even worse than the usual Bose? Hah, nice.
But to be constructive... I'd try for something like the Shure srh440, my favorite AKG K272HD or HD25-1 even (though not very comfy). Many good closed portables out there in the same price range to kick bottom.post #14 of 498/19/11 at 6:20pm
That was a bit harsh, I do remember hearing some sort of midrange in there but it was hard to hear through the epic bass farting. It's clearly not designed for the audiophile market, it's designed to sit and look purdy at the Apple store and wow people with hugemongous bass farts.post #15 of 498/20/11 at 12:11amQuote:Originally Posted by rhythmdevils
That was a bit harsh, I do remember hearing some sort of midrange in there but it was hard to hear through the epic bass farting. It's clearly not designed for the audiophile market, it's designed to sit and look purdy at the Apple store and wow people with hugemongous bass farts.
Well, now when you say it like that, it's not only less harsh, but downright poetic
- Klipsch Image One - Opinions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › "The Lab" 45 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › WAV Sounds The Best (To Me) 1 minute ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 Pro vs HD600 comparison 4 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 4 minutes ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 6 minutes ago
- › Which SR-009 amp sounds the most realistic to you? 7 minutes ago
- › HD 650 + Vali + Xonar Essense STX 8 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2