Deciding whether to get these or Bose AE2's. Im aware that there is a lot of hatred for bose on head fi but the thing that really appeals for me is there comfort. Opinions on Klipsch Image One or Bose? Thanks in advance for the help :)
Related Forum Threads
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over/on-ear headphones for iPhone? Last post on 11/4/12 at 11:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Over-Ear Headphones for Everyday Use Last post on 10/1/12 at 12:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
All instruments come to live with pm1, crystal clear and smooth at the same time. Pm1 made my Sennheiser hd650 and Grado reference 1 sound harsh and incomplete. I had some time to listen to hd800...
The Fiil Diva headphone is probably one of the most intuitive headphones south of $200. They have features that make them almost 3-4 headphones in one, currently they can be had for about $129 on...
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I didn't really know about PaiAudio at all until very recently when I was approached by Alex Fan...
Klipsch Image One - Opinions?post #1 of 497/23/11 at 5:57amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 497/23/11 at 7:21am
The one thing the Bose did with this new series is back way off in the bass department. The AE2 is a fairly smooth headphone but it's major weakness is in the mids. Very recessed. They are VERY comfortable though.
The Klipsch isn't quite as comfortable for long wear, but they are much stronger through the mid range. The bass is pretty overpowering however and does bleed over excessively. If you're a fan of EQ then the Bose can be tweaked into decent sound. You gotta really bring the mids forward. I actually prefer my AE2's over my Image One's. Didn't think I would, but once I found settings for both the Bose are just a smoother headphone.post #3 of 497/23/11 at 7:31amThread Starterpost #4 of 497/23/11 at 8:02am
The Klipsch Image ONE offers fairly wide soundstage and easy to turn up volume(higher sensetivity). The mids are great with good highs and overall soundsignature is dynamic. It's isolate outside noise more than AE2 and more bass helps to enjoy music even in noisy envoirement. I will recommend these over AE2 for everyday use.
Edited by ZARIM - 7/23/11 at 8:06ampost #5 of 497/23/11 at 8:04amThread Starterpost #6 of 498/18/11 at 9:23ampost #7 of 498/18/11 at 10:17am
I've demoed them with bassy songs and heard absolutely no bass whatsoever. I did appreciate its mids, highs, and soundstage though. For the price, I think the M50s would be a better pick.post #8 of 498/18/11 at 12:31pmpost #9 of 498/18/11 at 12:35pmpost #10 of 498/18/11 at 2:45pmpost #11 of 498/18/11 at 6:45pmpost #12 of 498/18/11 at 7:24pmpost #13 of 498/19/11 at 12:32amQuote:
Wow, even worse than the usual Bose? Hah, nice.
But to be constructive... I'd try for something like the Shure srh440, my favorite AKG K272HD or HD25-1 even (though not very comfy). Many good closed portables out there in the same price range to kick bottom.post #14 of 498/19/11 at 6:20pm
That was a bit harsh, I do remember hearing some sort of midrange in there but it was hard to hear through the epic bass farting. It's clearly not designed for the audiophile market, it's designed to sit and look purdy at the Apple store and wow people with hugemongous bass farts.post #15 of 498/20/11 at 12:11amQuote:Originally Posted by rhythmdevils
That was a bit harsh, I do remember hearing some sort of midrange in there but it was hard to hear through the epic bass farting. It's clearly not designed for the audiophile market, it's designed to sit and look purdy at the Apple store and wow people with hugemongous bass farts.
Well, now when you say it like that, it's not only less harsh, but downright poetic
- Klipsch Image One - Opinions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 7 seconds ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 16 seconds ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 28 seconds ago
- › Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp 40 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sam 88
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...