Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › How are the New (Judes approved, apparently) V MODA V80s??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How are the New (Judes approved, apparently) V MODA V80s?? - Page 3

post #31 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by meizumintyboi View Post

How will these compare to my much loved M50's?

 

What exactly does the dual diaphragm do for the sound?

 

They are a bit different, being that they are on-ears, not over ears.  The sound isn't quite as bass oriented and they are a bit more balanced and mid-centric compared to the M50s which are more v-shaped from my experience.  I like both headphones however...sometimes you want the low end thump.  I'd say for hip-hop/dubstep only, the m50s would be recommended, but from an overall technical ability and to support a wide range of music, the M80 is superior.
 

 

post #32 of 64

You throw on some bass end eQ on the V-80s what I have and I don't find the bass lacking for dub or hiphop at all. There is nothing lacking on the M-80/ V-80.. Given the over all sound and smoothness of the phones these are great with any tune really.

post #33 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

You throw on some bass end eQ on the V-80s what I have and I don't find the bass lacking for dub or hiphop at all. There is nothing lacking on the M-80/ V-80.. Given the over all sound and smoothness of the phones these are great with any tune really.


Notice I never said the bass was lacking, I just said the M50s went a little deeper.  I listen to like 90% hip hop and I love the M80s.  Was just saying the M50s are **** good as well.  The M80s are better all-rounders though because of their more balanced signature.  

 

post #34 of 64

Agreed.. I suppose the M-80s/ V-80s could use a bit more impact on the bass department.I am so used to bass heavy phones that some might feel the bass might be lacking a bit on these. But for the overall sound signature it fits smoothly .It is the mids though where these shine..Vocals are absolutely awesome sauce on these..

post #35 of 64

So any Singaporeans or anyone not from the US that has bought the M-80's? I read that the US$35 expedited shipping, is strictly for the shipping only and that i would have to incur any extra tax or whatnot that the Singapore side charges. Does anyone know how much extra besides the shipping they will be charging? Also, how long would the shipping take? Thank you so so so much for answering!

post #36 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulkoudai View Post

and has anyone listened to the Revamps??


I have them.  Compared to my IE8s they aren't bad, but then again I use them for working out (Where durability is a bigger concern.)

 

post #37 of 64
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey View Post

I have them.  Compared to my IE8s they aren't bad, but then again I use them for working out (Where durability is a bigger concern.)

 



is it worth the money??

post #38 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Agreed.. I suppose the M-80s/ V-80s could use a bit more impact on the bass department.I am so used to bass heavy phones that some might feel the bass might be lacking a bit on these. But for the overall sound signature it fits smoothly .It is the mids though where these shine..Vocals are absolutely awesome sauce on these..


I gave V-80s (M-80s) to Grammy-Winning Afrojack before his gig at EDC while he was walking UP the stairs to play in only 2 minutes and he said the same immediately about the vocals.  He loved them and switched from the HD25's on the spot... But the M/V-80 definitely isn't the best DJ headphone as it is lacking bass and isolation compared to LP/LP2 for live gigs.

 

 

An example of the huge monitors we have blaring in our ears on stage at live gigs that drown out the sound, (this is one of the Val Kolton opening for Tiesto gigs I did):

 

 


Edited by valkolton - 10/10/11 at 2:52am
Reply
post #39 of 64
Thread Starter 

Hey Val, you know your new BLISS tips, how are they??

 

can you tell us the pros of them please (and some cons) in your point of view???

 

I remember asking your Facebook page about them and they said its the reason the Vibratos has god good reviews.

post #40 of 64


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulkoudai View Post

Hey Val, you know your new BLISS tips, how are they??

 

can you tell us the pros of them please (and some cons) in your point of view???

 

I remember asking your Facebook page about them and they said its the reason the Vibratos has god good reviews.


Ah, not too much time tonight as its very late.  But we decided to do a multi-year ergonomic R&D/Lab program that cost us a LOT of dough as we discovered "THE FIT IS THE SOUND". Ergonomics, QC and sound mastering/compression is a good portion of what your perception is of great sound.

 

Vibrato has our BLISS 3.0 fittings which are now patent-pending, Remix is 1.9, REVAMP is 2.0.  I think this is a primary reason everybody says Vibrato is so great and REVAMP is cleaning up awards from CNET to i4U.  It's not necessarily the driver as I discovered... just like home speakers, the "ROOM" is like your ears and the fitting.  For instance, your pinna, ear canal and even wearing a hat can alter the response greatly just as putting the best speakers in a horrible room.

 

I'm so analytical - I even change the BPM I DJ at depending on the acoustics of the room or outdoor environment.  I even measure the temperature so I know how fast the frequencies are responding.  I play outdoors at 126-128 BPM, indoors ~129-131 and in smaller clubs ~132BPM because of how sound travels and room acoustics. 

 

Our primary focus went into ergonomics studies with labs (inside and outside), we have amassed an amazing amount of research that has enabled us to get 4.5-5 stars across the internet. It's all about the fit and durability.  We spent 7+ years in engineering with the best we could hire to get us here, and we're proud that we can finally release these products to the people.  

 

You see, I want to make headphones for myself, and I am a perfectionist producer at heart - headphones are only my means to making and playing better music and this is why I started V-MODA.  I need confidence my tracks will get the people moving at the club when I play them for the first time. Often, I produce and remix only moments before a gig on an airplane or even in a taxi!  This is what counts, as well as when industry people tell me they produce and depend on my headphones, especially the producers "behind the guys, behind the guys" like myself who get little credit as ghost producers or even legends like Paul Oakenfold, SHM or Stevie Wonder.

 

 kim fai vibrato testimonial.png

 

"THEY ACTUALLY INSPIRE ME! Seriously. Knowingthat I can put them on and I can HEAR the sub bass, I can FEEL the kick drum... THEY ARE AMAZING!!!"
-Funkagenda - DJ, Sound Engineer, Producer

 

-v

 


Edited by valkolton - 10/10/11 at 3:16am
Reply
post #41 of 64
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton View Post

 

Ah, not too much time tonight as its very late.  But we decided to do a multi-year ergonomic R&D/Lab program that cost us a LOT of dough as we discovered "THE FIT IS THE SOUND". Ergonomics, QC and sound mastering/compression is a good portion of what your perception is of great sound.

 

Vibrato has our BLISS 3.0 fittings which are now patent-pending, Remix is 1.9, REVAMP is 2.0.  I think this is a primary reason everybody says Vibrato is so great and REVAMP is cleaning up awards from CNET to i4U.  It's not necessarily the driver as I discovered... just like home speakers, the "ROOM" is like your ears and the fitting.  For instance, your pinna, ear canal and even wearing a hat can alter the response greatly just as putting the best speakers in a horrible room.

 

I'm so analytical - I even change the BPM I DJ at depending on the acoustics of the room or outdoor environment.  I even measure the temperature so I know how fast the frequencies are responding.  I play outdoors at 126-128 BPM, indoors ~129-131 and in smaller clubs ~132BPM because of how sound travels and room acoustics. 

 

Our primary focus went into ergonomics studies with labs (inside and outside), we have amassed an amazing amount of research that has enabled us to get 4.5-5 stars across the internet. It's all about the fit and durability.  We spent 7+ years in engineering with the best we could hire to get us here, and we're proud that we can finally release these products to the people.  

 

You see, I want to make headphones for myself, and I am a perfectionist producer at heart - headphones are only my means to making and playing better music and this is why I started V-MODA.  I need confidence my tracks will get the people moving at the club when I play them for the first time. Often, I produce and remix only moments before a gig on an airplane or even in a taxi!  This is what counts, as well as when industry people tell me they produce and depend on my headphones, especially the producers "behind the guys, behind the guys" like myself who get little credit as ghost producers or even legends like Paul Oakenfold, SHM or Stevie Wonder.

 

 kim fai vibrato testimonial.png

 

"THEY ACTUALLY INSPIRE ME! Seriously. Knowingthat I can put them on and I can HEAR the sub bass, I can FEEL the kick drum... THEY ARE AMAZING!!!"-Funkagenda - DJ, Sound Engineer, Producer

 

-v

 


wow, thats awesome, Im sold, Im ordering one.

 

And you are like Steve Jobs of the headphone world. Trying to make things perfect, even the small things like the tips.

 

post #42 of 64
Thread Starter 

YES, I can choose my own size of tips, unlike the Sony Hybrids, another reason to go for these.

 

I pretty sure its medium for me cause I'm using your older BLISS tips with my Hippo VBs and mediums the one :)

post #43 of 64
Thread Starter 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

 

NO SHIPPING TO AUSTRALIA!!!!!

 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

 

Val, can you start selling them on ebay with world wide shipping pls (v-shopheadphones, or whatever its called, something like that)??

post #44 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulkoudai View Post

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

 

NO SHIPPING TO AUSTRALIA!!!!!

 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

 

Val, can you start selling them on ebay with world wide shipping pls (v-shopheadphones, or whatever its called, something like that)??

 

We'll ship to Australia, I don't know whats happening there but we'll fix it manana.
 

 

Reply
post #45 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulkoudai View Post

wow, thats awesome, Im sold, Im ordering one.

 

And you are like Steve Jobs of the headphone world. Trying to make things perfect, even the small things like the tips.

 

 


Here is an example of the sound curves and the mastering of songs the way I see it with Serato Scratch Live when I DJ (free downloadhttp://serato.com/scratchlive).  I also use Logic and Ableton for producing with many plugins that show me every bit of the songs, I just mastered a song today in fact... but I'm not a master of mastering yet, only arrangement, ideas and basic mixing.  I learn every day and my team teaches me so much in the mastering arts.  I used to think I knew it all as I've done quite a bit of big things, but I learn so much daily... even on these forums!

 

 Sharam's Song looks beautiful here in Serato.. headroom and a wide variety of frequencies... MASTERING at its finest:

 

 sharam mastering.png
 

 

So does RHCP Slow Cheetah:

 

slow cheetah mastering.png

 

RHCP Dani California :<, not so good its too BRIGHT, same album as SLOW CHEETAH

 

dani bright.png

 

Val Kolton & Lee Kalt's new song we are working on today... beautiful from a mastering perspective if I do say so myself, the blues are highs which don't get TOO high... but my headroom is off... so I'm adjusting now...

 

val kolton true blood mastering.png

 

Example of a bottom dweller mastered song, terrible...it can f up amps and DACs:

 

bad mastering.png

 

Example of song I like the headroom and mastering, soundstage on when I see it's mastering:

 

i like.png

 

Prince - When Doves Cry is SICK to Mix Live when I play, look why - but I have to adjust the gain/headroom and some freqs:

prince doves cry.png

 


Edited by valkolton - 10/10/11 at 6:09am
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › How are the New (Judes approved, apparently) V MODA V80s??