Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- hd 650 and Little Dot MKIII Last post on 9/25/11 at 9:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- how good does the "little dot mk3" perform? Last post on 6/12/12 at 1:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK III slight channel imbalance Last post on 9/7/11 at 9:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK III vs combo Fiio E7/E9 for Sennheiser HD650, Which is the best? Ideas? Last post on 9/5/11 at 9:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans for a Sennheiser HD 600/650 fan Last post on 10/29/11 at 6:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
I used to be sure that I am not a basshead. My favorite IEMs for the longest time were RE-0, my favorite headphones were (and still are) various variations of ATH "sweet treble" sound signature,...
It's exactly what it says it is. I've tried some pretty incredibly expensive DAPs - Honestly, in my opinion, a lot of them just add colouration, or EQ, or look pretty. Some of them do perform...
Jazz sounds real good on these. Classic music sounds pretty clear, like when the violin is playing and stuff. Vocals sound pretty good. 80's sound vibrant. dubstep/hardstyle, sounds...
No other headphone has surprised me in the manner that the Tactic 3D managed to. I originally purchased them because I needed headphones to do a Skype interview, and I wanted something...
Let me begin by saying there is nothing special about these headphones. My first impression of them made me smile because I fell in love with the oral shaped ear cups (I'm a sucker for "small"...
- Headphone Impedance
Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide - Page 46
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I searched and I couldn't find anybody who has tried original 6F32 TESLA PENTODES EF95, 6AK5
Or if they have they haven't posted there impressions. So has anybody tried them? Any guess as to what they will end up sounding like?
M8083 is the civilian, otherwise identical, version made by Mullard of the military CV4014, many are dual labeled and they are essentially the same quality of tube. Great tubes but not for everyone (bright and treble-centric).
These are reviewed on the first page and I tested some a few pages earlier (Mullard CV4014, a few different versions and years), and many have commented on these throughout the thread, inlcuding Acapella a few pages back.
You could say the CV4015/M8161 are balanced perhaps a tad high-mid centric, but balanced overall.
The GEC CV4014 that we were talking about a few posts back are a great mixture of both, not too bright, heavy controlled bass, and quite euphonic, which I like!
EF91 and EF92 need the EF92 jumper setting
No, I don't think it is an issue. There were also early posts in which people commented that matching could be for some sellers just a way to make some extra money. As long as they are say the same year and the same manufactory, it should be fine.
What do you mean: "did my tube"?
The LD I is a hybrid amp. Hence, the power tubes (as for the LD MKIII) are substituted by a SS amp unit. So, you cannot use 6N6P tubes on this amp. The tubes you can roll are the driver tubes, which can also be used with the LD MKIII.
Citation from the LD homepage:
Edited by Acapella11 - 2/2/13 at 6:44am
Edited by pribadi83 - 2/5/13 at 3:09am
- Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Did I just blow my new ATH-M50? Please Help! 24 seconds ago
- › Ocharaku Flat-4 KAEDE (Maple) 49 seconds ago
- › VenturCraft Soundroid Typhoon 2 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › VentureCraft new DDC/DAC Go-DAP DD Socket 1 product 3 minutes ago
- › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax thread (New) 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 4 minutes ago
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by David Chavez
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe