Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- hd 650 and Little Dot MKIII Last post on 9/25/11 at 9:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- how good does the "little dot mk3" perform? Last post on 6/12/12 at 1:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK III slight channel imbalance Last post on 9/7/11 at 9:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK III vs combo Fiio E7/E9 for Sennheiser HD650, Which is the best? Ideas? Last post on 9/5/11 at 9:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans for a Sennheiser HD 600/650 fan Last post on 10/29/11 at 6:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
- Headphone Impedance
Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide - Page 46
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I searched and I couldn't find anybody who has tried original 6F32 TESLA PENTODES EF95, 6AK5
Or if they have they haven't posted there impressions. So has anybody tried them? Any guess as to what they will end up sounding like?
M8083 is the civilian, otherwise identical, version made by Mullard of the military CV4014, many are dual labeled and they are essentially the same quality of tube. Great tubes but not for everyone (bright and treble-centric).
These are reviewed on the first page and I tested some a few pages earlier (Mullard CV4014, a few different versions and years), and many have commented on these throughout the thread, inlcuding Acapella a few pages back.
You could say the CV4015/M8161 are balanced perhaps a tad high-mid centric, but balanced overall.
The GEC CV4014 that we were talking about a few posts back are a great mixture of both, not too bright, heavy controlled bass, and quite euphonic, which I like!
EF91 and EF92 need the EF92 jumper setting
No, I don't think it is an issue. There were also early posts in which people commented that matching could be for some sellers just a way to make some extra money. As long as they are say the same year and the same manufactory, it should be fine.
What do you mean: "did my tube"?
The LD I is a hybrid amp. Hence, the power tubes (as for the LD MKIII) are substituted by a SS amp unit. So, you cannot use 6N6P tubes on this amp. The tubes you can roll are the driver tubes, which can also be used with the LD MKIII.
Citation from the LD homepage:
Edited by Acapella11 - 2/2/13 at 6:44am
Edited by pribadi83 - 2/5/13 at 3:09am
- Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Squeezebox Touch Equivalent 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms 3 minutes ago
- › Reccomendations please 4 minutes ago
- › Sub 20 $ headphones/ earphones 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › FS: ES88 (Australia) Price reduced 5 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 5 minutes ago
- › Review: Resonessence Labs Invicta - new high end DAC/amp/playback... 6 minutes ago
- › Newbie question: What's the proper way to hook up a headphone amp? 6 minutes ago
- › NEW! Sony MDR-7520 Top of the Line Professional Studio Headphones... 7 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe