or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide - Page 416

post #6226 of 10501
Quote:
Originally Posted by i luvmusic 2 View Post
 

Hi Guys,

   I just received my Raytheon JAN-6832 Please show me the PIN Layout for this tube.THANK YOU!

post #6227 of 10501

Well I jacked that up...

 

 1 = a
 2 = g2
 3 = h
 4 = k
 5 = k''
 6 = h
 7 = g''
 8 = a''

 

from the above pic...

post #6228 of 10501
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvtaco17 View Post
 

Well I jacked that up...

 

 1 = a
 2 = g2
 3 = h
 4 = k
 5 = k''
 6 = h
 7 = g''
 8 = a''

 

from the above pic...

I use this to find pinouts

 

http://www.duncanamps.com/tdslpe/index.html

post #6229 of 10501

THANK YOU !

post #6230 of 10501
I tried lol
post #6231 of 10501

Is this the right way to wire 6832 to 6SN7?

 

6832                          6SN7

Pin 1=A                     pin 2

      2=G2                        1

      3=H                          7

      4=K                          3

      5=K"                         6

      6=H                          8

      7=G"                        4

      8=A"                        5

 

I wired my adapter like this and it's only working with Left channel.

post #6232 of 10501
Quote:
Originally Posted by i luvmusic 2 View Post
 

Is this the right way to wire 6832 to 6SN7?

 

6832                          6SN7

Pin 1=A                     pin 2

      2=G2                        1

      3=H                          7

      4=K                          3

      5=K"                         6

      6=H                          8

      7=G"                        4

      8=A"                        5

 

I wired my adapter like this and it's only working with Left channel.

Looks right to me

post #6233 of 10501
Quote:
Originally Posted by i luvmusic 2 View Post
 

Is this the right way to wire 6832 to 6SN7?

 

6832                          6SN7

Pin 1=A                     pin 2

      2=G2                        1

      3=H                          7

      4=K                          3

      5=K"                         6

      6=H                          8

      7=G"                        4

      8=A"                        5

 

I wired my adapter like this and it's only working with Left channel.

 

This looks fine to me. And I am assuming that you remembered that when looking down into the octal base, the pins are numbered 1 -8 counting counter clockwise

 

If you are building an adapter similar to mine, the only things I can suggest is to make sure that you don't have any wire leads touching, your solder joints connecting the leads to the 12 gauge wire posts are good, and the posts are making good contact inside the octal base. You might want to pull out your multimeter and check continuity from the octal pin to the wire lead for each element.

 

Good luck! :)

post #6234 of 10501
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvtaco17 View Post
 

Looks right to me

 

Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibosi View Post
 

 

This looks fine to me. And I am assuming that you remembered that when looking down into the octal base, the pins are numbered 1 -8 counting counter clockwise

 

If you are building an adapter similar to mine, the only things I can suggest is to make sure that you don't have any wire leads touching, your solder joints connecting the leads to the 12 gauge wire posts are good, and the posts are making good contact inside the octal base. You might want to pull out your multimeter and check continuity from the octal pin to the wire lead for each element.

 

Good luck! :)

Thank You!

post #6235 of 10501

I'am still having a problem with my miniature adapter still working with left channel only, even i reversed my wiring and using one section at a time or wired right side still just the left channel will play The tube is fine i used each channel separately and it works.It's my wiring that i can't figure out.

post #6236 of 10501

No luck selling the LD yet so I unpacked it this morning and now I'm considering keeping it again! :rolleyes:

 

Wanting to try the C3G upgrade. Found a  few online for under $50. @gibosi can you chime in on the difference between C3gs, C3g, and C3m?

post #6237 of 10501

I think i found the problem...........

post #6238 of 10501

I finally got it right and this tube (6832) it sounds nice....:biggrin:.

post #6239 of 10501
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post
 

No luck selling the LD yet so I unpacked it this morning and now I'm considering keeping it again! :rolleyes:

 

Wanting to try the C3G upgrade. Found a  few online for under $50. @gibosi can you chime in on the difference between C3gs, C3g, and C3m?

C3g that test better than spec are labeled C3g/s in the factory, so both are essentially the same. C3m has 20 volt heaters and a different pinout, so unless you would like to be a pioneer and try these, it might be best to stay with the C3g. :)

post #6240 of 10501
Quote:
Originally Posted by i luvmusic 2 View Post
 

I finally got it right and this tube (6832) it sounds nice....:biggrin:.

 

Success is sweet. :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide